gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

gfx gfx
gfx
229867 Posts in 2575 Topics by 108 Members - Latest Member: CTLovesClay April 18, 2024, 07:23:04 PM
gfx* Home Help Login Register gfx
gfx
ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  Indepedent Tour 2004  |  INDEPENDENT TOUR FAN REVIEWS
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: INDEPENDENT TOUR FAN REVIEWS  (Read 51629 times)

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
Re: INDEPENDENT TOUR FAN REVIEWS
« Reply #540 on: June 20, 2010, 01:07:48 PM »
songbird457
  Memories of The Independent Tour
« Reply #540 on: April 20, 2004, 10:51:36 AM » 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ok I must share my favorite memory! I only went to one concert (in detroit) but Houstonclayfan (Colleen) came up from Texas to share the experience with me and it was amazing.
We had row 18 seats at the Joe (on the floor level) and we had a folder of songs we had written and compiled for Raleigh Aiken (hee hee). We rushed to row 5 when he was on the catwalk doing  the cellphone spiel. We were so close to him it was just amazing. I don't think he saw us, but it made my night. We tossed the Raleigh songs onto the stage so we are hoping he got them.
I am looking forward to the Clio concert in August so I can create some new memories.
Thank you Clay (and Kelly), for sharing yourself and the tour with detroit (and everywhere else).
ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #541 on: June 20, 2010, 01:08:10 PM »
Anonymous
« Reply #541 on: April 20, 2004, 11:11:35 AM » 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
LORRAINE,
WHAT GREAT MEMORIES--LOVE THOSE AISLE SEATS----WE TOUCHED CLAY!!!!WE REALLY TOUCHED CLAY!!!
THANKS FOR THAT LORRAINE, I LIVE THAT DAY OVER & OVER IN MY HEAD.

TAKE CARE,
ANGELA

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #542 on: June 20, 2010, 01:08:36 PM »
Her
« Reply #542 on: April 20, 2004, 01:13:21 PM » 

I saw Clay in Miami with my 12 yr old daughter-her first concert, so that in itself is a special memory for us.

But, what really sticks out in my mind is the after-concert EUPHORIA I felt that lasted for like 2 weeks.  I want to feel that feeling again and again and again!!!

Never, ever has an artist ever made me feel that way!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #543 on: June 20, 2010, 01:09:01 PM »
AdoringClay
« Reply #543 on: April 20, 2004, 01:15:05 PM » 

:D Great subject Taken!  (and great to meet you and Ashley at Seattle!)

I WILL NEVER FORGET THE FEELING OF ADORATION IN THE ARENA AS OBC CAME OUT SINGING "KYRIE" AND WALKING THROUGH THE CROWD...IT IS SO COOL TO SEE THE DIVERSITY OF HIS FANS, KIDS, TEENS, OLDIES, GIRLS, BOYS, WOMEN, MEN...IT SIMPLY WARMED MY HEART, AND I CAN STILL FEEL IT TODAY!  :D

Clay Love to You!  Sue G.

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #544 on: June 20, 2010, 01:10:45 PM »
Her
« Reply #544 on: April 20, 2004, 01:16:10 PM » 

Dang it!  I hit submit too soon because it must be shared with you,

I met three incredibly great fellow Maniacs, ShaikeninFL, Bozena and last, but not least, Bocaqueen who are now my special friends!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #545 on: June 20, 2010, 01:11:13 PM »
ChrisieD
« Reply #545 on: April 20, 2004, 03:35:25 PM » 

My memories are a little different from all of yours being I never got to go to a concert  :oops:  But my memories are of the anticipation every night on the BLPT waiting to hear what was going on, the play by play on the thread and then the next day, waking up early to go to Airplay to see whatever was there.  Those of you who posted your reviews there and the cellcerts THANK YOU VERY MUCH  It made me feel like I was there in person and many of the reviews brought tears to my eyes. I'm happy to say that I will finally be Clayed in CLIO YEAH !!!! Can't wait to meet alot of you there !!!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #546 on: June 20, 2010, 01:11:56 PM »
CT loves Clay
« Reply #546 on: April 20, 2004, 03:42:12 PM » 

Lorraine,

I will never forget you knocking me down to get to Clay.  Deanna was the witness because you didn't believe it.  I barely came back up in time to get a grab of his shirt. :   I tried to get several shots of Clay on the big screen, but instead I have several different positions of Angela who was sitting across from me in the next section.  :  I was mesmerized the whole evening.  I had binoculars and I never took my eyes off from them the whole hour Clay was on the stage.  No one could talk to me!

Meeting ClayMaine (Deanna,our news and appearance girl) and Anglea for the first time was a real treat because we had corresponded but never met.  Enjoying conversation about Clay from different parts of the country.  A lot of people from Canada. 

To sum it up:  From the minute I left Connecticut to the minute I returned was a fantastic experience and I am looking forward to the summer to do it all over again.  This time I want the front row!!!!!!!!!!!  :

Linda

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #547 on: June 20, 2010, 01:12:19 PM »
Her
« Reply #547 on: April 20, 2004, 03:43:17 PM » 

RE:  Last post

Boy, I 'm not sure what was in that Diet DP I drank!LOL.  Please accept my apologies Flaken!  I met FlakenforaikeninFL not ShaikeninFL(not sure if there is such a person)  Again so sorry!   :D

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #548 on: June 20, 2010, 01:12:42 PM »
houstonclayfan
« Reply #548 on: April 20, 2004, 05:13:31 PM » 

I attended two concerts: Detroit and Grand Prairie and both were an adventure for me (To say the least !  : ).

As Renee told you, I flew out to see her for the Detroit concert. We have become very close over the past few months (thank you, Clay and Claymaniacs) so I was excited to meet her !  Now I dream of the day that we meet again.  Sniff, sniff  She told you about our concert experience so I wont repeat it, but one word of advice, be very careful in parking garages if you ever visit there  : 

The day after we tried to cure our "clayover" by eating Krispy Kremes......  and we took pictures of ourselves in Borders by the MOAM CDs.  They has this cool poster of Kelly and Clay that we were tempted to steal  :   but then we realized that the poster drew people to the MOAMs so it was boasting Clays sales, I am sure  8) 

I flew back to Texas and already had PMs waiting from her, including a preview of "Solitaire"  :P   I just love Claygirls  :P   

Oh the Memories.......

Only a week later was the Grand Prairie Concert.......  a bit over 5 hours away from me.  I didnt buy a ticket for the concert because I had to work (the concert was on a friday), I didnt have a place to stay, and my husband had been gracious enough to pay for the Detroit trip.  The day before the concert, I told Mr Houston that Clay was performing the very next day and I wished that I could go. His answer:  why dont you ???   :   Now I know why I love him so much  :P

So I found someone to work for me, bought a GREAT ticket from a splendid Claygirl off of the Clayboard.....  and I was on my way. I picked up Leveland (Terry) and her daughter on my way.  So much more fun driving with other Claygirls !!!!  Blownaway (Missy) paid for our room !!!  Again, I just love Claygirls !!!   Thank you again  Missy !!!!   :P   and there we met Dudley (Linda) and LiftClayUp (Carol).

Truly spectacular !

I am not usually a spantaneaous person....  Clay has made me kinda crazy  :

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #549 on: June 20, 2010, 01:14:00 PM »
Char
« Reply #549 on: April 21, 2004, 11:46:00 PM » 

From the first concert I saw in St. Louis...I think it was just the general being close to Clay and seeing his eyes that closely! I really was so overwhelmed in many ways, that I cannot think of anything really in particular with one little exception. Some friends that went to the concert with us had seats almost in the ceiling and here was Sheena and I on the floor in the 13th row......we called them on the cell phone and they located us and we all waved at each other in between Clay and Kelly's sets!

From Kansas City...I will NEVER forget the fun that I had and the fun that Clay had onstage! I am still living off of that particluar high :) The best moment had to be when Clay finally turned around and saw Kelly in the wig on Open Arms.....it was just a great moment and the sheer joy on Clay's face was priceless and one that I keep in my mind. I was not in awe of my seats there, not in awe of being in Clay's presence and not in awe of hearing the voice in full specticolor anymore....I remember each and every song, every movement, every little dance step, every joke and every single smile that Clay had that night and it was so special for me!

- Char

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #550 on: June 20, 2010, 01:14:23 PM »
Shakin4Aiken
« Reply #550 on: April 22, 2004, 08:19:50 PM » 

Hmmm I have a couple concert memories. The first one is getting to meet all the awesome Clay lovers at the Chicago concert. There were the girls that actually met him and then there was the girl who wanted our picture! The second memory was probably just being there with my two Clay crazy friends. When Clay opened with Kyrie I just knew it was everything I expected. I will never ever forget March 22, because it was the day I saw and fell in love with OMC all over again!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #551 on: June 20, 2010, 01:14:44 PM »
CFCF
  Denver Concert Review
« Reply #551 on: April 22, 2004, 11:53:37 PM » 

Hi ladies, Had to see the eye Doc for follow up, all bad news, so just been kinda laying low a few days.  Back to concert review:
   Just about the end of the Beu Sisters Set someone threw boxers up on the stage. One of the girls put em on, and was all tickled, she said " See, Clay isn't the only one that gets underwear!" It cracked up every one.   
   During the intermission we all got up and stretched, and prepared ourselves for the big event. I'd moved my daughter out into the aisle next to me but guards were clearing the aisles, so I folded up my seat and stood her right in front of me. There was a little boy, about 4 or 5 on his chair in front of us, the guards didnt make him get down, and we were very pleased about that, he wouldn't have seen a thing if he had. Looking around, there was a huge number of Mom/daughter groups, very cool to see. Lots of teenagers, lots of ladies. Lots of Junior high and grammar school kids too.
   When the lights went down, the crowd went wild, and We turned to the back left, everyone else was turned forwards. I felt like a goof, but I got to see OMC right off. Ok, I got to see the top of his hat, I'm short, but it was still very cool.  He sounded fabulous. I can only say his voice glowed. What a beautiful song. I wont go thru song by song, cause you already know the drill, but he sang one I hadn't really heard anyone talk about or have on video: Love, Love, Love. It was gorgeous and perfect, I think one of my faves of the night, and a pleasant surprise. Fields of Gold was fabulous, of course. He told us that since he'd had three days off it was going to be the best concert yet, and I must say I never heard a falter or missed note anywhere. I must admit that I was so focused on OMC that I didn't even notice the backup singers until about three songs in! He didn't  hold "Screeeeeeeeam" in WDC as long as I've heard him, but it was still beautiful. Glorious tone. WDC was perfect, not to racy, not to tame. Angela came out with the Fedora on, looked really cute, then put it on him part way thru. Invisible had a tug, but almost like a token tug, not a passion tug, but a great, and playful version of the song, he just barely tickled fingertips. Women went wild :)   Just before WYSYLM lights came up and he read signs. I don't remember many, One was a lady saying she had a cane for his hurt foot. When he asked about it she held up a beautiful hand turned cane, he asked if it was hers, and she said no, it was his. He took it and used it for a sec then said thank you very much,. but he's feeling a lot better. He put it down, but I here he was carrying it later, so he kept it. The lady from Sinapore's sign was on the Jumbotron, but I dont think he noticed it. He wanted to know why peeps were on their cell phones when they'd paid to see him. Reached out and snagged one, saying "Gimmee that!" He was talking to Amanda, turns out it was actually a conference call so he was talking to two ladies, but I'm not sure he knew that, both were from the Clayboard, and totally stoked. I'm sure you know by now but he had on the blue shirt and tie (WooHoo) and the hat stayed on right up til acoustics! (Love the Hat!) He never made any comments about the hat, turns out Julia Demato had done his hair that night, it was really long front and back, and he wasn't to sure about the results. I thought it was sweet of him not to say anything. When he took the hat off during acoustics he had MAJOR hat hair, a real nest thing going on. He leaned over for Angela to fix it, but it was pretty hopeless :D  During acoustic set He started laghing so hard he had to get off his chair. Kept trying to stop, put his face behind his hand like a shield for a sec, but cracked up again. Turns out he'd been having little note holding contests with the singers, and he'd won them all. He was definitely having a wonderful time, and made sure we all did too.  During MOAM and The Way the concert light all came up, a wonderful sight. As far as I could tell everyone was really good with the signs. They were for the most part down unless lights were up. The group of teens behind us and in front of us were so darling, screaming and waving and singing along, and one of the girls was crying during part of it, but so was the mom with that group :  :D    During Invisible EVERYONE sang with him and to him, he loved it, just soaked it up. 
   ISY was amazing. Extremely intense, moreso than any of the downloads I've seen before. He was really feeling it, and during the final notes, the look on his face was so intense that it was kinda scary. I think we got a pic of it on the jumbotron, but doesn't do it justice. If he ever does a movie, he'll be a great actor, I had shivers :  Didn't even know he had it in him. I'm just glad that particular look wasn't aimed at me!
   The crowd was so into him, and the concert, it was amazing. The cheers were deafening thruout. Turns out my sweet boy child called our home phone from the concert so that we'd have it on our answering machine. What a dolly
  :D   Mostly all I could hear was the crowd screaming and going wild. That was fun too.
   When the lights came up for Kelly, the crowd was wild and warm for her too. They didnt stand  for her whole set, but they'd already been standing for Clay's. There were signs, and cheering, and lots of love.  I was very impressed with Kelly, I hadn't been a big fan of hers, but I am now, especially for Beautiful Disaster, and Stuff Like That There. Gorgeous. I've heard comments about her WooHooing, but she used it a lot as an audience participation, they gave it right back at her. all warm and fun. When OA started the crowd went insane, didn't think it could possibly get any louder, but when Clay came out, well, Thundering roar hardly describes it. Absolutely incredible. Not sure why, but Clay came back in a white striped shirt, don't remember a tie. Is this his only clothing change? The crowd gave them thundering applause as it closed, beautiful job. Not my fave song, but they did it perfectly. The fans fiiled out feeling completely satisfied and fully entertained. I don't care what any critic anywhere says, that was a fabulous concert, and I for one got more than I bargained for. Well worth every penny spent on the trip and tickets.  Those two gave the fans exactly what they wanted.
   there was an after party at Brooklyn's, but I was having such a warm wonderful time with my family that I ended up going back to the hotel with them. We were all tired and happy. What a great time. If any of you have a chance to go it is so worth the time and money. Iloved it, and once again, one of the best parts was sharing it with the other fans. I highly recommend finding a preparty and going to it.
Cynthia

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #552 on: June 20, 2010, 01:19:39 PM »
CFCF
  Re: Denver Concert Review
« Reply #552 on: April 22, 2004, 11:57:04 PM » 

I finally finished my term paper, Teach :D  It's in Independant Tour thread, thank you for your patience on this. Do I still get credit? lol

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #553 on: June 20, 2010, 01:19:55 PM »
tessie
« Reply #553 on: April 23, 2004, 12:32:50 AM » 

Thank you....I kept looking every day to see if you had finished your review.  I am sorry about your eye problems.

Hearing about the concert from another person and hearing their personal reactions always makes me feel like I am at a concert all over again.  I am glad that you had such a great time.

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #554 on: June 20, 2010, 01:20:11 PM »
CFCF
« Reply #554 on: April 23, 2004, 01:11:56 AM » 

And ty for making me finish my "term Paper"  :D  I feel the same way when I read the reviews posted by others, and I knew I had a responsibility to return the favor. :D

ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  Indepedent Tour 2004  |  INDEPENDENT TOUR FAN REVIEWS

gfxgfx
gfx