gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

gfx gfx
gfx
229868 Posts in 2575 Topics by 108 Members - Latest Member: CTLovesClay April 18, 2024, 09:35:50 PM
gfx* Home Help Login Register gfx
gfx
ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  Indepedent Tour 2004  |  INDEPENDENT TOUR FAN REVIEWS
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: INDEPENDENT TOUR FAN REVIEWS  (Read 51634 times)

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
Re: INDEPENDENT TOUR FAN REVIEWS
« Reply #45 on: March 24, 2010, 08:56:57 PM »
iluvred
  Charlotte Concert
« Reply #45 on: February 27, 2004, 12:56:57 PM » 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Welcome SueAnne,

All I can say is ditto.  I, too, fell in love with Clay's voice, but once learning about him as a person, and discovering the moral side of Clay, I fell really hard. 

He is a great role model and I pray that he continues to be and that the Hollywood lifestyle does not change him.

You are in great company here because we all love Clay, the entire Clay.  Glad you had such a great experience at the concert.  I live in Southern CA and will not be attending a concert until April. 

Thank you for posting.
ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #46 on: March 24, 2010, 08:57:26 PM »
AdoringClay
  Hi sueanne17! Welcome...
« Reply #46 on: February 27, 2004, 03:41:57 PM » 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:D Hi sueanne17...Welcome to our group of Claymaniacs!  Many, many of us here are "older", so don't feel anything about that...We come here to find the latest news and talk about our favorite, clean cut rising star with the voice straight from heaven!  Your letter really moved me!

Please be sure to tell us about yourself in the "New Members - Tell Us About Yourself" thread.  I always go there to find the bios on all of the new members.  Also, if you have questions on any of the terms and jargon we use here, you can look it up in the Claytionary.

Lots of Clay Love to You!  Welcome! 

Sue G. (aka AdoringClay)

P.S. - I'm older and that's how I feel about him - I truly "adore" everything he does in addition to THAT VOICE!  My concert isn't until Aprl 8th in Seattle, Washington - I can't wait!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #47 on: March 24, 2010, 08:57:57 PM »
totoclark
  JUST GOT BACK FROM CONCERT
« Reply #47 on: February 27, 2004, 11:38:26 PM » 

It was WONDERFUL!!  Kelly came on first and did an excellent job.  Then Clay.  When he came on it was DEAFENING!!!  I felt bad for both Kelly and Clay.  Their voices were very strained.  Clay had the hardest time.  He kept apoligizing and even missed a few words that would not come out.  I loved it and thought he was great...  He even talked on some fan's cell phone while he was singing...really surprising the girl at the other end.  She just kept screaming.  He also sang happy birthday to a Stephanie in the audience.  Gots lots of teddy bears and yes, of course, underpants.  He made no refererence to them.

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #48 on: March 24, 2010, 08:58:18 PM »
totoclark
  Ask me any questions
« Reply #48 on: February 28, 2004, 12:18:25 AM » 

Had fantastic seats and just got them yesterday. Concert was not sold out but the St. Pete's Forum is huge hockey rink. Clay wore same outfit all the way, no breaks, just sang his heart out.  So cute!!!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #49 on: March 24, 2010, 08:58:40 PM »
gcramsey
  About Clay and Kelly
« Reply #49 on: February 28, 2004, 07:56:46 AM » 

Well my story starts like this...My mom is a Clay fan and I am a Kelly fan. We went to the Duluth concert to see our respective stars.  Not that we weren't there to see the opposites either, but you get my drift. I just have to say that Clay really out sang Kelly so much. He really seemed to put it all out there and hold noting back. Kelly's performance was good, don't get me wrong, but you should have been there when Open arms was sung. Kelly started it off and then Clay came out, the arena erupted. It was truly an experience I'll never forget!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #50 on: March 24, 2010, 08:58:59 PM »
claylady
  About Clay and Kelly
« Reply #50 on: February 28, 2004, 08:30:44 AM » 

I'm glad you enjoyed the concert and got to witness the MAGIC OF CLAY.
In my opinion, this was such a good thing having Clay and Kelly tour together.  Both fan groups are getting to enjoy and appreciate the other artists.

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #51 on: March 24, 2010, 08:59:23 PM »
cassms
  Clay & Kelly
« Reply #51 on: February 28, 2004, 10:01:48 AM » 

Well, I obviously am a Clay fan and was not really a Kelly fan (and not so much because of her voice but because of her style and choice in music).  I totally agree Clay has the magic but I am happy to say that I left the concert impressed with Kelly too!  She has a great voice, which really showed when she sang a simple version of "Beautiful Disaster".  It's amazing when truly good singers sing, simpler is better (and vice versa--some singers have to depend on background and studio "help").  And she had a joy and lightness on stage that was fun to watch.  And I thought, though the crowd was predominated by Clay fans, the crowd was enthusiastic for both.  I was so glad people were respectful; and I saw only a couple of people leave before the end (and boy, I'll bet they were sorry, since they missed the Clay/Kelly Open Arms at the very end)!  It was an amazing night.

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #52 on: March 24, 2010, 08:59:55 PM »
houstonclayfan
  About Clay and Kelly
« Reply #52 on: February 28, 2004, 11:13:51 AM » 

I totally agree Clay has the magic but I am happy to say that I left the concert impressed with Kelly too! She has a great voice, which really showed when she sang a simple version of "Beautiful Disaster". It's amazing when truly good singers sing, simpler is better (and vice versa--some singers have to depend on background and studio "help"). And she had a joy and lightness on stage that was fun to watch

Thank you for your positive review of Kelly ! I am so excited to see them BOTH (on March 11 - as everyone knows !)

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #53 on: March 24, 2010, 09:00:29 PM »
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
      Re: Clay & Kelly
« Reply #53 on: February 28, 2004, 01:35:56 PM » 

She has a great voice, which really showed when she sang a simple version of "Beautiful Disaster".  It's amazing when truly good singers sing, simpler is better (and vice versa--some singers have to depend on background and studio "help").  And she had a joy and lightness on stage that was fun to watch.

I agree - Beautiful Disaster is a great song, and I enjoyed Thankful as well.  Kelly did a bang up job on Stuff Like That There, what fun that was!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #54 on: March 24, 2010, 09:01:17 PM »
lorraine
 About Clay and Kelly
« Reply #54 on: February 28, 2004, 06:09:50 PM » 

The more I read on the concerts the more I can't wait for March 8th to come.  I know I am going to come away with nothing less than a complete desire to have more and more of Clay.  Pam, I am sure you are feeling a little like you need a Clay fix since the concert was over unless you are going again to Raleigh.  I know I am wishing time way but come on March 8th.

Lorraine

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #55 on: March 24, 2010, 09:01:42 PM »
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
INDEPENDENT TOUR FAN REVIEWS
« Reply #55 on: February 29, 2004, 02:41:03 AM » 

Please put all reviews of your Independent Tour concerts here!

Thanks.

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #56 on: March 24, 2010, 09:02:06 PM »
yankeette
  Raleigh Concert
« Reply #56 on: March 02, 2004, 10:58:28 AM » 

Last night I had the thrill of seeing Clay Aiken perform in his hometown, Raleigh.  The RBC was packed.  The opening band was ok.  It was 4 sisters.  Kelly Clarkson was fabulous.  She kept teasing the audience by saying Clay's name.  They would scream each time it was mentioned.  She even put on a shirt that read I love Clay.  It was funny how she joined the Raleigh audience in their admiration for Clay.

Well after 1 1/2 hours he came onto the stage.  Everyone went wild.  He sang most of the songs off his album.  However we were lucky to hear some other songs as well.  He mentioned he has an album coming out in the spring.  On this album will be a duet with Kim Locke.  He sang some songs with only a guitarist.  This was probably my favorite part of the show.  The sound for this concert was too loud.  It was hard to make out words when Kelly Clarkson was singing. 

He took a cell fan out of the hand of a woman who was standing up near the stage.  Apparently the lady on the other end couldn't attend but wanted to hear him sing.  He sang to her.  It was so funny.  I don't think at first she believed it was him.  He also serenaded a young fan on stage.  It was a show that fans of all ages could and did throughly enjoy.

I loved watching all the fans.  Some of the teenagers wore jeans with pictures of Clay ironed on them.  Some lady had a tee shirt she made with Clay spelled out in pom poms.  There was a 5 year old girl sitting next to us.  She kept screaming out I love you Clay.  At one point she yelled I want to marry you Clay.  It was so cute.  The creativity of the tee shirts and signs was so cool. 

He sang his heart out.  It was well worth the trip to see him.  Everyone really enjoyed seeing their idol.  I know my niece and I did!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #57 on: March 24, 2010, 09:03:43 PM »
CT loves Clay
« Reply #57 on: March 02, 2004, 11:59:24 AM » 

Oh, that just warmed my racing heart.  LOL  I would have given anything to be able to be at that concert last night.  You have to know that would be one of the best concerts since he was in his home town.  Not to say that all of them aren't absolutely fantastic, but I am sure you know what I mean.  You were one lucky girl!  I will be seeing him on March 8 in Worcester, Ma, but I am getting a thrill just from hearing these concert reports.  I can hardly stand it.  I just love our guy, Clay.

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #58 on: March 24, 2010, 09:04:11 PM »
Bocaqueen
 Raleigh Concert
« Reply #58 on: March 02, 2004, 02:08:16 PM » 

Hi Yankeete....guess you're a Yankee fan or is that yankette a
southern conotation?

I was at the Niami concert and it is not a new album for Clay...it is Kim Lockes new album that he sings the duet on...just thought you might like to know so you don't go crazy trying to find his new album.  His single of The Way will be out on March 16th.

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #59 on: March 24, 2010, 09:05:01 PM »
lorraine
Raleigh Concert
« Reply #59 on: March 02, 2004, 02:34:29 PM » 

I just realized I should have just taken a week vacation until after I went to Clay's concert.  After reading all of these reviews I can't concentrate on anything but the concert on March 8th.  He is just so wonderful that after each review I want more and more of him.  These pictures just melt me and make my heart flutter.

Lorraine

ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  Indepedent Tour 2004  |  INDEPENDENT TOUR FAN REVIEWS

gfxgfx
gfx