gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

gfx gfx
gfx
229521 Posts in 2574 Topics by 108 Members - Latest Member: CTLovesClay March 28, 2024, 05:22:12 PM
gfx* Home Help Login Register gfx
gfx
ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  Indepedent Tour 2004  |  INDEPENDENT TOUR FAN REVIEWS
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: INDEPENDENT TOUR FAN REVIEWS  (Read 51245 times)

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
Re: INDEPENDENT TOUR FAN REVIEWS
« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2010, 08:45:39 PM »
Sasha
    Thanks Pam
« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2004, 07:33:12 PM » 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks for the update Pam, I felt like I was there.  March 8th can't come soon enough.  Thanks again for everything, you always take such good care of us.
ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #31 on: March 24, 2010, 08:45:57 PM »
Claymate16
  CLAY IN CHARLOTTE 2/24
« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2004, 07:41:35 PM » 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
How exactly did you get your seats upgraded?? and how many rows did the catwalk cover? I'm just trying to figure that out so I know how far I have to go to get to the stage to throw something up there (no, probably not panties... my mom would freak :roll: ! I'm trying to think of something original.)

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #32 on: March 24, 2010, 08:47:00 PM »
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Re: lls in CT
« Reply #32 on: February 25, 2004, 09:06:08 PM » 

Pamela,It's like you were our big sister or something.  All morning Lorraine and I were exchanging e-mails and phone calls about you.  "Where could she be, did she come home, is she following Clay's bus, maybe Pam is sick."  Everyone was waiting for the news.  It was nervewracking

Oh Linda how sweet!  I was three hours away from a computer!  It was painful, but I tried not to cry in front of Sundancer and Moonshot.

:mrgreen:

Claymate16, I just bought another set of tickets that were better than the ones I had.  I sold the other ones to a scalper for a loss, but we all agreed it was worth it to have been standing three feet from Clay when he made his grand entrance through the arena!  Definitely.  However, sometimes you can upgrade your tickets at the arena ticket office.  Go early and ask them if they have any better seats than what you have.
It can't hurt!

The catwalk was probably the length of five or six rows.  I only saw one thing thrown onto the stage; it was a stuffed animal of some kind.  Clay hugged it and then sat it on the riser where his drummer was.  Awww!

Shakin4Aiken, Clay did sing Kyrie - during his entrance.  It was spectacular and he wailed on all the glory notes!  Fabulous!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #33 on: March 24, 2010, 08:48:10 PM »
Claymate16
  CLAY IN CHARLOTTE 2/24
« Reply #33 on: February 25, 2004, 09:11:02 PM » 

Go early and ask them if they have any better seats than what you have.
It can't hurt!

My mom and aunt went Cher's concert (and might I add spent the money on that ticket instead of an American Idol one *sulk*) And had like, really really crummy seats but they went and asked to move up and (through some stroke of luck) ended up in like the 2nd row! So hopefully my mom will not fail me, as she did with the American Idol tour *sulk sulk sulk* (just kidding I'm basically over it)

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #34 on: March 24, 2010, 08:49:37 PM »
Sundancer
 CLAY IN CHARLOTTE 2/24
« Reply #34 on: February 25, 2004, 09:11:12 PM » 

It was painful, but I tried not to cry in front of Sundancer and Moonshot.

You were such a brave little trooper!  :

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #35 on: March 24, 2010, 08:50:24 PM »
clayaikenwow
 WOW WOW WOW!!!!!!!!
« Reply #35 on: February 25, 2004, 09:45:07 PM » 

Ok im getting the chills just reading the feedback . The songs he sang how amazing was that , Its so awsome to hear he sang alot of differnet stuff and such beautiful choices i cant imagine what he sounded like. I want to go see him so bad ive entered soo many contests lol I live in canada , will i ever get there yes one day but probably not this concert tour :( clay is amazing !!!!!! MAn im so excited about the tour hhahaa, he just rocks and man he looks good lol!  ;D

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #36 on: March 24, 2010, 08:51:45 PM »
ANGELA
CLAY IN CHARLOTTE 2/24
« Reply #36 on: February 25, 2004, 09:50:38 PM » 

Thanks for the update Pam, I felt like I was there.  March 8th can't come soon enough.  Thanks again for everything, you always take such good care of us.

I AM GOING TO THE MARCH 8TH  CONCERT TOO!!! I CAN'T WAIT.  LINDA & LORRAINE ARE GOING AS WELL.

ANGELA

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #37 on: March 24, 2010, 08:52:13 PM »
patti
  When Doves Cry
« Reply #37 on: February 25, 2004, 10:21:04 PM » 

Pamela- Thanks for posting the link to the concert; now I really can't wait to see Clay in concert- his version of When Doves Cry is going to drive everybody crazzzzy-  I've watched it over & over & over- by the time March 7th arrives I will be a raving basket case :D  :D  :D  :D - I hope the person sitting on either side of me is screaming as loud as I will be!!!!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #38 on: March 24, 2010, 08:52:37 PM »
heartaiken
 thanks Pamela
« Reply #38 on: February 25, 2004, 11:29:38 PM » 

He's devine! How can we stop our screams, our outbursts, our tears, I know I for one will not be able to stay still. He's so handsome!

Can you just imagine what the Raliegh concert will be like, the emotion!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #39 on: March 24, 2010, 08:52:58 PM »
ClayAikenCutie08
  CLAY IN CHARLOTTE 2/24
« Reply #39 on: February 25, 2004, 11:40:07 PM » 

Wow, the Charlotte concert must have been heaven on earth. I can't wait til the Seattle concert. Only 43 days... I'm so happy that I've been saving up my money so i can buy a lot of things at the concert. I'm very greatful that I have Clay!! When i go to the Seattle concert I'm gonna cry soOoOo hard!!! lol! Clay is my angel from above!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #40 on: March 24, 2010, 08:53:32 PM »
sjlogghe
CLAY IN CHARLOTTE 2/24
« Reply #40 on: February 26, 2004, 02:06:40 AM » 

Wow, thanks for all of the pics and stuff Pamela.  As everyone else has said, you are truly awesome!!  The concert sounds amazing, I can't wait to go.  Sadly mine is the last on the tour, I don't know if I can wait that long!  And I think I've decided to take the floor seats (row 33) that I have, instead of the ones on the side in the middle (row 5).  Sounds like being on the floor is worth it!!
I have a friend in CA who has an extra 16th row (?) floor seat to the Anaheim concert, and would love to go.  And I guess by the way it sounds, it would be well worth my money to fly out for the weekend.  Right??  Would you guys recommend spending $200 on a plane ticket to go see the concert?  I am a poor college student, but maybe I can borrow from my daddy!  Sounds like it would be well worth it to me!!!
Thanks again for the pics and videos, we all owe you big time Pamela!!!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #41 on: March 24, 2010, 08:54:17 PM »
CT loves Clay
« Reply #41 on: February 26, 2004, 08:53:33 AM » 

I also want to thank you for your generosity.  For always trying to make us happy to the point of feeling weightless and floating on a cloud.  Yes, that is what you do for us by sending all the news, pictures and videos.
We are forever indebted to you.  I didn't think cameras were allowed.
Don't they check your pocketbooks?  Also, Lorraine and I were thinking of maybe upgrading our tickets too.  So, you upgraded then sold your extra tickets.  Right?  We would love to be closer to him.  For now, though, like I said, you have saved us.  Although, the sanity question still remains to be answered.  LOL  Love your stories of Clay.

Linda

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #42 on: March 24, 2010, 08:55:04 PM »
Pamela

CLAY IN CHARLOTTE 2/24
« Reply #42 on: February 26, 2004, 11:47:41 AM » 

Linda, they did check our bags, but regular cameras are allowed.  Professional cameras with detachable lenses are not usually allowed, nor are professional video cameras. Be sure to check with your venue to make sure though!  The thing about all the video that's been taken is that many digital cameras will also record several minutes of video as well.  Good for us!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #43 on: March 24, 2010, 08:56:01 PM »
hnl97
CLAY IN CHARLOTTE 2/24
« Reply #43 on: February 26, 2004, 06:48:24 PM » 

Ok, If I don't hurry up with this, ya'll will be tired of reading about Charlotte........

I went to Charlotte and Duluth, and I guess I'll just post Charlotte here and move Duluth over to that thread. I'm not going to make too many comments here since everyone else has done such a good job.....

I have to give a little bit of background first.....I went to the Charlotte concert with my mama. I didn't go to bed at all the night before because I had to finish grades for school, and everyone was calling, PMing, IMing, etc. Anyway, since I had no sleep the night before, I tried to sleep a little on the way. After I woke up, I was talking with Mama and for some reason asked her what she was wearing to the concert (we still had to change). She said she was wearing......get this.....BLACK LEATHER PANTS!!!!!! I about died laughing!!!!! So then I had to explain to her why that was so funny and why I had to tell those who called......

About the concert --  I was lucky enough to get to move down on the floor right when the lights went back down for Kelly to come on (I'd been watching these 3 seats), and Mama joined me in a little bit. They were sooo much better -- about 15 rows back. Oh, it was heaven when Clay came on. He came down through the audience!! About 5 minutes before he came on, the crowd started buzzing with this rumor.....everyone faced the side of the arena.....and in no time, there he was!!!!! He was surrounded by a gazillion body guards, but he walked right down the section where I had been sitting. He was walking towards me! Everyone was frantically trying to get in the aisles.......I just knew he would walk right past me, but he turned instead and headed towards the stage. I won't go into detail about the songs because ya'll know that already. I did think his voice was strained and crackly and hoarse (mostly when he talked), but he still sounded great!! Like the others, "When Doves Cry" was definitely one of my favorites!! Whoa, baby!! Holy cow, Aunt Jemima!! Talk about hot and bothered........  8) 8) 8) That was the sexiest thing I've seen........being pulled by that tie, dancing sooooo closely (Mama said she didn't like that  : ).........definitely got my motor running!!!!! I also got to share the concert with Karen (huckleberry), and that was a ton of fun!!!!!

Ok, my supposed-to-be short post ended up being long. Sorry about that. The Duluth review will be a little more detailed since there aren't many of those yet.........

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #44 on: March 24, 2010, 08:56:31 PM »
sueanne17
  INDEPENDENT TOUR FAN REVIEWS
« Reply #44 on: February 27, 2004, 12:00:15 PM » 

Hello Everyone,
I am new in this group-2 hrs. new!
Pamela wrote me a welcoming letter and I replied back to her. I assumed the letter just went to her, but if it went to the group, I said that would be fine, too.
Here is most of the letter about Charlotte Concert:
Thanks for welcoming me, Pamela,
Oh my gosh, Pamela. My first concert with Clay--Charlotte!!! (I lived an
hour away from Charlotte for many years-so, it was like going home).
We live near Sunset Beach, NC now and have a huge, multi-faceted photography business that we run out of our home.
We left for home from Charlotte,after the concert (where I stood up the entire time
Clay was on and sang, danced, screamed, clapped, did his movements, etc.!!
LOL)-wonderful seats, to drive east, home to the beach. Of course, I did not want to leave!!! It is 2 1/2 hrs away and it seemed like 10 min------I played Clay's MOAM the entire way home. I could not sleep and wrote the
ChristiansforClay people in email for 2 hours and posted the first report, which was not very good because I did not even have a list of the songs or anything like that--just pure emotions!
I slept from 5:00 am until 9:00 am and was awake watching the videos out on the net (which surprised me), scanning our photos and fixing them (I am a professional in PhotoShop) and was up for 36 hours on the computer!! I watched all the videos, of course--over and over again! LOL
That is how excited I was. I finally slept a good 9 hours last night.

I have told the gals in the ChristiansforClay group that it is beautiful to have that connection to a singer you love. You hopefully get front row seats or really close,and even far away-  what the singer gives to you, you give back and you do everything to make sure the concert is the best it can be.
It is a beautiful thing. Clay gives to us, we give to him---------what a
blessing that I love a singer who is so moral and good, etc.-besides a
gorgeous voice, too. We need him, he needs us.
I have very strong emotions and feelings for this beautiful singer, but will  just go to his concerts, vote all the time, buy more than one of his CD's to support him, do all that I can for him, etc.
I have already supported the Bubel/Aiken Foundation and will continue.

CLAY----amazing that he has gotten so professional---so excellent!!
 He has learned so much-how to move, dance, etc. Of course, his voice was always there.
I am so proud of Clay!! I just feel so much for him and also the fact of who
he is--such a wonderful role model in this world of such filthy singing and
singers with hardly any clothes on. And----he is Reborn, as I am, and even
mentioned church at Charlotte, which he did not do in Atlanta-and everyone screamed when he mentioned it, too. All the photos I have of him, his black cloth bracelet is always turned around so you cannot see WWJD and at Charlotte--it was out!!! Even people of other religions, I am sure, respect and love Clay, the singer, the person...it does not matter.
What a beautiful soul -Clay.
I was amazed when I bought his MOAM CD and read the back letter of thanks.
So beautiful, so beautiful. And, he taught me The Alpha and The Omega and I know the WWJD has been around awhile, but I did not know what it was. I now wear a nice ring with those letters on it and a butterfly in between two of the letters. Of course, the butterfly represents the Resurrection.
The fact that he started the foundation is wonderful. He also is not  just
going crazy, "blowing" his money away, etc.
What a most beautiful soul.
God chose Clay.
God was with Clay in Charlotte. Clay is spreading the word, that it is good
and okay to be a Christian, and
God is there, right with Clay, every step of the way! I felt it--at the
concert.
I cannot wait to go to church this Sunday.
I am going to be one of your oldest fan club members.  But, I made
sure to look around the concert and there were many, many of us older ones there-including many sitting around me. Many with their husbands.
So happy for Clay and we must all keep him on top----and we will!
Thanks for welcoming me.
Love to you, and God Bless Clay Aiken, Sue Anne

ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  Indepedent Tour 2004  |  INDEPENDENT TOUR FAN REVIEWS

gfxgfx
gfx