gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

gfx gfx
gfx
229518 Posts in 2574 Topics by 108 Members - Latest Member: CTLovesClay March 28, 2024, 11:58:41 AM
gfx* Home Help Login Register gfx
gfx
ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  Indepedent Tour 2004  |  INDEPENDENT TOUR FAN REVIEWS
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: INDEPENDENT TOUR FAN REVIEWS  (Read 51229 times)

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
Re: INDEPENDENT TOUR FAN REVIEWS
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2010, 08:31:50 PM »
fhmmany2
CLAY IN CHARLOTTE 2/24
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2004, 04:28:34 PM » 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for the report - it really means a lot to those of us who do not live close enough to attend a concert. I cannot believe that the concert was not sold out - what happened?
ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2010, 08:32:42 PM »
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
CLAY IN CHARLOTTE 2/24
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2004, 04:44:42 PM » 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Questions and PMs -

Here's what I understand - the concert was sold out as determined by the number of seats made available.  The arena wasn't sold out because the set up used was called 'half stage'.  The entire upper tier was blocked out with huge black curtains.  The lower level seemed very nearly full and the floor was definitely full.  The WCNC news in Charlotte last night and the Charlotte Observer declared it sold out.

http://www.claymaniacs.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2991

Clay looked great - relaxed and rested.  He was wearing kind of grayish green slacks and a navy blue shirt with a navy blue tie.  I didn't much notice the tie until the back up singers was pulling him around by it during When Doves Cry.   :  8)  :

I didn't notice his shoes or his tshirts.  Sorry!  I was too busy drowning in the voice which made me some kind of a grinning idiot until the final notes.  :D   His hair looked just fine.  He smiled a lot and talked to the audience a lot; he seemed really happy to be there.   

No, he didn't sing To Love Somebody, Touch or Solitaire.  Frankly, the entire set was pretty upbeat and the only real ballad he sang, besides the acoustic set, was Without You with Quiana.  He did sing Run to Me, but it didn't seem 'ballady' to me for some reason.  Except for the acoustic set and Without You, he was very active, uptempo and upbeat the entire time.  On some of the songs, he was rockin out man!

In all honesty, the insertion of TLS, Touch or Solitaire into this set would have been disruptive.  Yes, it would have been nice, but it would have changed the flow of the performance in my opinion.

I assume he will switch up the set in different cities, just to make us pay attention.  I wanted those songs too, but trust me, I am more than happy with what we got.  Much more than happy.  Ecstatic even.   8)

I hope I answered all your questions...if not, just ask!

ETA:  Her, he said 'Carolina in my Mind' was for us, so I would presume he would only sing it on the NC stops. But it was lovely, so you would enjoy it either way!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2010, 08:33:16 PM »
Her
 2/24
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2004, 04:45:18 PM » 

Thank you Pamela.  My daughter and I anxiously await Saturday.  Since he did "Carolina" there, I wonder if he'll do that here or a different tune? 

It doesn't matter either way!  Thanks again.

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2010, 08:36:07 PM »
Anonymous
 CLAY IN CHARLOTTE 2/24
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2004, 04:52:48 PM » 

I think what Clay gave to the audience last night was his"gift" to us - one that we will never forget!  Thank you, Clay!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2010, 08:36:26 PM »
PerfectClay
  CLAY IN CHARLOTTE 2/24
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2004, 05:31:24 PM » 

Woot, sounds like you had fun! I'm excited to go now! I want that poster lol : :

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2010, 08:37:37 PM »
ANGELA
CLAY IN CHARLOTTE 2/24
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2004, 05:36:33 PM » 

TERRY SAID;

Thank God you are back safe and sound.. We have been sitting on the edge of our seats waiting for your return.. Thanks for letting us feel the Love.

PAMELA,
I HAVE TO AGREE WITH TERRY---GLAD YOU ARE HOME SAFE & SOUND.
 THANKS FOR THAT GREAT REVIEW---CAN'T WAIT FOR MARCH 8TH.

FROM NOW ON,  YOU WILL HAVE THE SWEETEST DREAMS EVER.

ANGELA

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2010, 08:38:07 PM »
lorraine
CLAY IN CHARLOTTE 2/24
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2004, 05:47:46 PM » 

Pam I almost couldn't get through my day without hearing from you but "I Survived."  Just barely....... As I was reading your review of the concert with so much emotion, I just wanted to die.  I was able to catch some of the videos from work.  Especially "When Doves Cry"  I was literally melting on my chair.  I think it shows those critics that Clay can sing just about anything.  Thank you so much for filling us in.  I can't wait until March 8th.  I just don't know if I will make it through the concert.  Just seeing the pictures, Linda and I probably just want to die right now.  I am glad to see that Clay and Kelly came out at the end together.  I am sure I will feel the same way as you that after the concert was over you wanted more.  I guess screaming didn't bring them back for an encore.  I just can't seem to get it together after all of this.  I want to see Clay now........  Well again thank you.  You are great.  I was a little worried but glad your back.

Lorraine

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2010, 08:39:30 PM »
Her

« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2004, 05:51:42 PM » 

Pamela,

Thanks.  I love "Carolina in My Mind" and it has special meaning to me since NC was my home state.  Go Wolfpack!  J.T. is one of my favorite artists.

Can't wait to post our experience on Saturday

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2010, 08:40:19 PM »
AdoringClay
  CLAY IN CHARLOTTE 2/24
« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2004, 05:59:25 PM » 

Quote from: Pamela
Questions and PMs -

I didn't notice his shoes or his tshirts.  Sorry!  I was too busy drowning in the voice which made me some kind of a grinning idiot until the final notes.  :D   His hair looked just fine.  He smiled a lot and talked to the audience a lot; he seemed really happy to be there.   

Pamela - you seem kind of "fangirly" today, like you are gushing all over...what's up with you???  (Just kidding - I know what the problem is.  I wonder how long it lasts?  I hope for a long time!  It's fun to hear you like this...)

Linda & Lorraine - geez!  don't die now!  You'll miss out on all the fun...I swear your hearts can take it...go, go to your concert...you will make it waiting 'til that day...(I'm still gushing from the AI2 concert last August - I was 15 feet away from him!  It will change your life forever...)

You know, I feel kind of "fangirly" today too - I can't think, compose sentences, have forgotten my proper grammar, oh, well!  Seems like the concert performance/outfit/atmosphere couldn't have turned out better in our dreams.  But, what did we expect?  We all know how much OBC likes to please the fans... :P

Sue G.

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2010, 08:40:53 PM »
Ms. Hip Shake

Thanx Pamela....
« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2004, 06:14:54 PM » 

Thank you Pamela...from the bottom of my heart.  YOU ARE THE BEST! 

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2010, 08:42:37 PM »
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
CLAY IN CHARLOTTE 2/24
« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2004, 06:15:12 PM » 

Multitudes of video downloads:

HOT AND FRESH - GET IT NOW!

If you want to be spoiled (HA!) here you are - go crazy!

And thank you all so much for the messages!  I took Mr. P's laptop to Charlotte so Sundancer, Moonshot and I could all hold hands with y'all and sing Kumbaya after the concert, but ...  can I just say, Norton's Security Program.  It works.  All too well.  If I had been coherent enough to turn it off last night, I could have connected to the hotel's wireless server and we could have been here with you.

:'(

It's a three hour drive from Charlotte and then what...Yes, I had to go straight to work where they proceeded to ply me with problems and questions and paperwork beyond belief.

Don't these people I work for know I have a life?  I guess not.

I wish I could have been more eloquent in my review, but let's just say, do whatever you must to get to one of these concerts.

It's so worth it.  He's worth it.  And yes Sue, I am a major fangirl today, and will be for a while.  Please forgive me!
<sigh>

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2010, 08:43:34 PM »
nursingme
 The Concert
« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2004, 06:50:03 PM » 

Hi! Guys ,
    I went and it was absolutely amazing,but you probably already knew that. Clay is an awesome performer. He just gets better and better. His performance is overwhelming. When he sang "When Doves Fly" it was awesome. I've always enjoyed the song ,but hearing Clay's version and seeing him perform words just can't describe. I could have sat and watched him perform hour after hour. Hope he knows just how wonderful he is and how much we appreciate him. He has brought so much joy to so many lives. People who haven't bought CD's in years,people who hasn't listened to the radio,watched certain shows on TV and so many more. I myself just hope that we all continue to appreciate this young man and are always able to share our appreciation with others.
    Thanks so much for your stories Pamela.
                             Mona
PS The Back Up Singers were great also.

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2010, 08:44:17 PM »
aeleon9995
  CLAY IN CHARLOTTE 2/24
« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2004, 07:02:29 PM » 

Hi Pamela,
 wow...I am so psyched for march 7th...and yes i couldn't help it..had to hear him sing prince..that was great!!!! Where were your seats?..just curious...trying to figure out how good my veiw from 9th row is going to be....woo hoo....you just made my night!!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2010, 08:44:45 PM »
CT loves Clay
lls in CT
« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2004, 07:22:07 PM » 

Pamela,

It's like you were our big sister or something.  All morning Lorraine and I were exchanging e-mails and phone calls about you.  "Where could she be, did she come home, is she following Clay's bus, maybe Pam is sick."  Everyone was waiting for the news.  It was nervewracking!  Thankfully, you finally came back to us with the gift we were waiting for, the concert details.  OMG, I can't stand it.  The pictures and video's are driving us nuts.  I don't know how you restrained yourself, but I bet it was hard.
We just literally put ourselves in your shoes and it felt so good, but weakening in the knees.  WOW.  I can't wait, I can't wait.  March 8 isn't too bad.  Imagine, every time there is a concert, our Claymaniacs will be posting.  It's almost to much to handle and try to work in the office.  I just want to see and listen to him.  I think he finally knows how popular he is and believes it.  God has sent a gift to us!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2010, 08:45:18 PM »
Shakin4Aiken
  CLAY IN CHARLOTTE 2/24
« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2004, 07:31:31 PM » 

Did Clay sing "Kyrie"? I saw on measureofafan.com they had that listed as one of his songs. That would be pure coolness because in choruse we are singing that song. It is a very beautiful song and I know Clay would do a wonderful job.

ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  Indepedent Tour 2004  |  INDEPENDENT TOUR FAN REVIEWS

gfxgfx
gfx