gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

gfx gfx
gfx
229519 Posts in 2574 Topics by 108 Members - Latest Member: CTLovesClay March 28, 2024, 01:21:53 PM
gfx* Home Help Login Register gfx
gfx
ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  Aiken News Network (ANN)  |  2003 AIKEN NEWS NETWORK OCTOBER 31
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: 2003 AIKEN NEWS NETWORK OCTOBER 31  (Read 2230 times)

fhmmany2

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
2003 AIKEN NEWS NETWORK OCTOBER 31
« on: March 24, 2010, 01:55:46 PM »
Topic: AIKEN NEWS NETWORK - OCTOBER 31  (Read 1049 times)
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

AIKEN NEWS NETWORK - OCTOBER 31
« on: October 31, 2003, 10:48:08 AM »   
-Ruben introducing Clay

"If you liked what you saw, I'm Clay Aiken. If not, I'm Ryan Seacrest."
-Clay ending the show, after serving in his hosting capacity

:HAPPY HALLOWEEN Y'ALL! :

Report to moderator    Logged

Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2003, 11:48:41 AM »   

CHR/Pop:
Invisible is #35 with 1584 spins! Up 421 from last week!  Invisible is currently gaining 50-60 spins per day.... at this rate, and with similar decreases from these other songs, the top 30 is in sight.
Invisible is #6 on the JUMP chart, but it is no longer on Taking Off.
The focus has to be on increasing spins at existing stations.

AC: #19 here with 643 spins and 8 million audience impressions. Invisible is #9 on Taking Off and #3 on Jump with +162, which shows 71 stations.

HOT AC: Invisible is #11 on the JUMP chart, which shows 14 stations! Invisible is #1 on the Taking Off chart with 3 stations! Slowly, but surely I see 105 spins on 12 stations. Yippee!

This is great news!  Invisible is gradually moving up the spin charts at many stations across the country.  Please call your local station and request Invisible or thank them if they are already playing it. Thank you!

And thanks to hockeydonna for gathering the stats.

Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2003, 11:51:45 AM »   

You can also watch the video there as well.   And you don't have to download it either.  I think they track how many people watch... :D

Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2003, 12:07:01 PM »   
On Sunday, the Duke Comprehensive Cancer Center will kick off its Take-A-Seat gala with a viewing of 71 decorative chairs accompanied by their artists in the DiamondView Building next to the Durham Bulls Athletic Park downtown.

Artists from North Carolina, New York City and Florida designed the ornate chairs and benches, which are signed by local sports celebrities, including Dean Smith, Roy Williams, Mike Krzyzewski and Mia Hamm, and celebrities like actor George Clooney and singer Clay Aiken. The chairs were designed using themes based on the people signing them. For instance, one chair is painted with the New York City skyline and signed by former Mayor Rudolph Giuliani.

DURHAM HERALD SUN

Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2003, 01:50:02 PM »   

RALEIGH, N.C. --
Clay Aiken is passing into another realm of celebrity, thanks to those who knew - or just videotaped - him way back when.

From old yearbooks to videos of Clay dressed as Santa and singing Christmas tunes, raiding your Raleigh attic is turning dusty, forgotten keepsakes into bountiful booty.

Take Marc Cram. His stash of Aiken memorabilia has netted him enough to make a mortgage payment.

A certified financial planner in Durham, Cram found some old videotapes he made in the late '90s of variety shows in Garner, where Aiken performed. He edited out everything not related to the Raleigh-born heartthrob, made copies and put them on eBay, an Internet auction site.

The first one sold for $180.

"It's like printing money," said Cram, who has sold about 30 of the videos.

Reflecting on the happenstance surrounding his made-for-eBay gold mine, Cram still sounds surprised: "I had it in my closet."

Jeannie Holleman of Raleigh - whose family is friendly with Aiken's family - bought the copyright to her daughter's 2001 wedding video and had it copied and re-edited to emphasize the song Aiken sang while the wedding party walked down the aisle, thereby starting a cottage industry.

Her 30-minute videos have sold for as much as $320 on the Internet, and she has peddled about 50 so far. Most have gone for $60 to $85.

Some of the fans' money is going to charity, including Aiken-endorsed good causes.

A number of people are selling Aiken yearbooks, among them Jennifer Riehle, who attended Leesville Road middle and high schools with Aiken.

Riehle has sold three yearbooks on eBay for a total of $1,220. She knew The Measured Man well, but they weren't particularly close. He was Clayton Grissom then, before he took his mother's maiden name.

He signed her eighth-grade yearbook: "Jenn, Have a great summer. Great year in S.S. Don't do anything I would do. Clayton Grissom."

Riehle, a part-time student at N.C. State University, shed no tears about putting her Leesville memories on the auction block.

"I'm a poor student," she said. "I needed the extra money. That's what it's all about."

HERALD TRIBUNE

Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2003, 02:39:58 PM »   
Winning isn't everything, but losing just might be. In fact, coming in second has been a career booster for some high-profile losers who by rights should be on the trash heap of also-ran-dom. Take American Idol's Clay Aiken. Not only did the angel-faced crooner's second-place performance land him on the cover of Rolling Stone before AI winner Ruben Studdard, but his debut CD, Measure of a Man, sold a commanding 613,000 copies in its first week of release (Studdard's hits Dec. 9). "I almost feel like the fact that he ended up being a runner-up kind of added to his appeal," notes Billboard's Geoff Mayfield.

Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2003, 06:51:09 PM »   
Clay's video for Invisible was #8 on TRL today!

Excellent!  Way to go Claymaniacs!

caramel131
Guest       TRL
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2003, 12:44:29 AM »   

mackncsu
Enthusiastic

I love it!

« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2003, 01:19:22 AM »   

ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  Aiken News Network (ANN)  |  2003 AIKEN NEWS NETWORK OCTOBER 31

gfxgfx
gfx