gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

gfx gfx
gfx
229517 Posts in 2574 Topics by 108 Members - Latest Member: CTLovesClay March 28, 2024, 11:17:49 AM
gfx* Home Help Login Register gfx
gfx
ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  Joyful Noise Tour 2004  |  11/26/2004 JOYFUL NOISE IN COSTA MESA CELLCERT THREAD
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: 11/26/2004 JOYFUL NOISE IN COSTA MESA CELLCERT THREAD  (Read 48487 times)

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
Re: 11/26/2004 JOYFUL NOISE IN COSTA MESA CELLCERT THREAD
« Reply #660 on: November 14, 2010, 12:04:35 PM »
mrs. c.
« Reply #660 on: November 27, 2004, 01:41:23 PM » 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Linda, I'm pretty sure that's the Amber he's had on his arm for the AMA's and another show which escapes me right now!!

ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #661 on: November 14, 2010, 12:05:06 PM »
CarissaJoy

Concert Review
« Reply #661 on: November 27, 2004, 01:47:26 PM » 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well, sorry I didn't post last night, but it looks like lots of other people did! Where to begin?!

Well, when I got there with my dear friend Karyn (she's such a good sport and let's me drag her to all my Clay sightings and events) we discovered that we were pretty high up in the 2nd tier. We sat down, I looked at that stage so far away and then we proceded to get up and find the man with binoculars! (o: So cute, the elderly lady guiding us to our seats was telling me about how she used to ditch school to see Frank Sinatra, just like we were seeing Clay! Yeah, I'd say the 2 are comparable!!!

The concert was incredible! The first song started with the most precious little boy who came out and sang. Dont' remember what he sang, but he was off key and so nervous! He did a great job! The first song included a children's choir and other choirs and the kids were so cute! A few of them were super fidgety and liked to wiggle while singing! It made it all the better! Clay weaved his way in and out of all of them as he sang!! Those lucky kids!! WHy can't I be younger?!

The entire concert was incredible and such a classic holiday concert! It was obvious to me that Clay was sick, but still he went on! He sang his heart out, despite being sick and probably a little miserable! For the most part, people got the message about it being a classy event...a few didn't however! There was a bunch in front of us with a sign and I though "hello, catch a clue"! Of course there was screaming...I wish they wouldn't have though b/c half the time it was while Clay was trying to hold out a long note and their screaming drowned him out! So sad! Several times throughout the night people felt the compulsion to scream out, "I love you Clay"...very uncalled for!

Quiana, Angela and Jason were there as always and they were incredible! During one song, CLay and Angela danced around the stage together, both with microphones in hand! Quiana sang "Grown Up CHristmas List" and Angela sang, "He is light"(?). They both were right on the money and sounded incredible!!!

At one point, distributed between songs, Clay had several of the elementary kids come out and read various portions of the CHristmas story. He was like a proud Dad! All his attention was on those kids and once they finished their part he would smile from ear to ear and you could tell he was sooo proud of them! Weaving the Christmas story between songs was beautiful and truly reflected the whole reason why Clay does what he does! You could tell it was an important part of the night for him!

I'm not sure exactly what his concert schedule is now, but I hope he gets some rest! You could tell his voice was off (although he still sounded amazing) and some of those notes were a struggle for him. I just prayed throughout the concert that God would touch his voice and strengthen him throughout the show. He seemed a little tired and worn out!

Having binoculars was amazing! At several points when people were screaming, he gave the best look! He kind of rolled his eyes and gave a look that seemed to say "come on, enough already". The binoculars allowed me to catch several "looks" from Clay! They had me laughing so hard!

One of the best parts of the night is when Clay was singing the song about "New Years Eve" and he walked down into the audience and sang to some of the women on the isle. He sang to a girl in a wheelchair and then he lifted her up out of her chair and held her as he danced with her! It was the most precious sight to see! It's reasons like that I love Clay so much! He such a man of integrity and genuine character! Sooooo attractive! I'm a bit jealous of one lady however...she got a kiss on the cheek! Oh to be her!!!

Well, that is my random ramblings about the concert! It was beautiful and Clay did an amazing job, despite being sick! Continue to pray for his healing and strength...he's going to need it!

Until, Dec. 6th and my encounter on Leno...Happy Holidays!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #662 on: November 14, 2010, 12:08:07 PM »
Marilyn
ANN News Team
« Reply #662 on: November 27, 2004, 02:02:38 PM » 

I COULDNT LOVE THIS MAN MORE

HE IS PHENOMENAL

AND I HAVE TO WAIT TWO MORE WEEKS TO SEE HIM-***sigh

AND PAMELA- THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THOSE LOVELY PHOTO'S--  CLAY- I WILL BE RIGHT OVER!!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #663 on: November 14, 2010, 12:08:41 PM »
houstonclayfan

« Reply #663 on: November 27, 2004, 03:17:14 PM » 

Grab some Claynex.... (posted at www.clayaiken.com)

This is from Clay's site:

Denise Heinrichs - 07:28am Nov 27, 2004 EST (1.)

“that lady he danced with” was me !!!!!!!

I almost did not go as I felt terrible and extremely worn out.

When Clay pulled me up to dance and I was buckled into me wheelchair and when I reached put to shake his hand, he tried to pull me up to stand, but I was buckled into my wheelchair as I was telling him "I’m a quad”. (while trying to unbuckle myself).

He stopped singing at this point and said, that’s okay, “I’ve got you” as he lifted me to my feet and held onto me - it was obvious he has worked with disabled people. We danced and he asked me “are you okay” several times while only the orchestra played. I mentioned that my Husband of 25 years was with me and Clay said "so I’m probably in trouble” I told him no !

I could not believe it, people asked if our dancing had been staged. A lady from the Performing Arts Center asked for my name and asked if they could interview me, we'll see if she contacts me.

During the short 5 minute break, during the concert, people from all over the audience came over to find out what Clay had said to me and if it was staged. Several people showed me pictures that they took of us dancing. I told them that I get nervous when people pick me up as I do not walk/ stand up well, but it was obvious Clay knew what he was doing as I felt his ability to hold me up. It was a fun comforable dance, like I was dancing with my brother !

Many fans afterwards told me that my picture will be all over the web tomorrow ! Several people said that they would email me their pictures. I’m looking forward to receiving them. Does anyone remember what song we danced to?

What a night – I am so glad I fought the pain and did push myself to go even though I did not feel good. God is good - I'm going to make it back out of this wheelchair !

I am a Nurse Practitioner, and have been disabled for 9 years but, I continue to help others without healhcare by doing home medical visits and telephone consults. This was such a nice way to celebrate my 25 years with a wonderful Husband and be 'special' even if it was for just 16 bars of music - it felt longer.

Clay, I can't thank you enough, I was all snuggled togethered my Husband, as you sang and you picking me up, not being afraid of my disability was such a boost to our night!

God has blessed you tremdously and I pray that the kids/society will listen to your songs as you sing and see the meaning behind the teriffic man God has chosen you to be !

In His healing hands,
Denise H.
Costa Mesa, CA 

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #664 on: November 14, 2010, 12:10:29 PM »
alli_aiken

« Reply #664 on: November 27, 2004, 03:31:36 PM » 

awww he's already waiting for me!!!! 

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #665 on: November 14, 2010, 12:10:54 PM »
Claytime
« Reply #665 on: November 27, 2004, 03:40:12 PM » 

That's such a wonderful story.  I would love to see the pictures.  Clay is such a sweet and thoughtful person for making this lady feel so special.  ~wipiing my eyes with Claynex~ 
Thank you Houston, for bringing that over.  I just love reading first hand accounts of how Clay has touched people's lives.  It must have been a magical moment for her to cherish forever. 

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #666 on: November 14, 2010, 12:11:20 PM »
alli_aiken
« Reply #666 on: November 27, 2004, 03:55:01 PM » 

wow....they just dont make men like him anymore......
Clay Aiken will never cease to amaze me...that story is wonderful.  it brought tears to my eyes and when i told my mom she started crying too!!!  He will always be my light bright in my sometimes dimming world.

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #667 on: November 14, 2010, 12:11:46 PM »
KSChristian4Clay
Gallery Admin
« Reply #667 on: November 27, 2004, 04:59:19 PM » 

That was such a great story! Thanks for posting it, Colleen. I definately did need some Claynex.   

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #668 on: November 14, 2010, 12:12:14 PM »
mrs. c.
« Reply #668 on: November 27, 2004, 07:38:53 PM » 

Clay you are indeed a very special man, what a lucky lady will someday have you as her own, the mold was broken with you Clay, the world could use many more!!!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #669 on: November 14, 2010, 12:12:38 PM »
LadyC
Adults
« Reply #669 on: November 27, 2004, 07:48:05 PM » 

Clay - and the moments he shared with the brave woman in the wheelchair.  I can't stop blubbering.

That man is ...

I lack the words.....

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #670 on: November 14, 2010, 12:13:03 PM »
cl4clay
« Reply #670 on: November 27, 2004, 09:42:17 PM » 

Good gosh - you're on page 45 already. I'll never catch up.  Didn't realize that it begins at 8:30 est.

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #671 on: November 14, 2010, 12:13:32 PM »
houstonclayfan
« Reply #671 on: November 27, 2004, 09:45:12 PM » 

Good gosh - you're on page 45 already. I'll never catch up.  Didn't realize that it begins at 8:30 est.

This is last nights cellcert, Evelyn. Tonights starts at 10:30 EST. The thread hasnt been made yet..he is in San Jose.

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #672 on: November 14, 2010, 12:13:58 PM »
claydevotee
« Reply #672 on: November 27, 2004, 09:47:06 PM » 

After having wept and then laughed and then wept again as I read Clay's book, I realized that Clay has truly been through "the refiner's fire" in his short lifetime thus far.  And in the process he has truly been refined into a near-perfect diamond.  May his light always shine for others to see.

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #673 on: November 14, 2010, 12:14:49 PM »
tiff

« Reply #673 on: November 27, 2004, 10:27:31 PM » 

According to Jess (one of Kelly Clarkson's good friends), Kelly was at this concert that night!

ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  Joyful Noise Tour 2004  |  11/26/2004 JOYFUL NOISE IN COSTA MESA CELLCERT THREAD

gfxgfx
gfx