gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

gfx gfx
gfx
229519 Posts in 2574 Topics by 108 Members - Latest Member: CTLovesClay March 28, 2024, 03:46:37 PM
gfx* Home Help Login Register gfx
gfx
ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  Joyful Noise Tour 2004  |  Concerts Canceled Due to Illness
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Concerts Canceled Due to Illness  (Read 13437 times)

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
Concerts Canceled Due to Illness
« on: September 06, 2010, 02:37:29 AM »
cjrmax

« on: November 18, 2004, 11:22:50 PM » 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Saw this at the Clackhouse:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From Clay's official site.

clayaiken.com/html/news.php

11-18-04 :: ILLNESS FORCES CLAY AIKEN TO POSTPONE FIRST THREE DATES OF CHRISTMAS TOUR; RESCHEDULING TO BE ANNOUNCED
Under doctor's orders, Clay Aiken has been forced to postpone the first three dates of "The Joyful Noise Tour," originally scheduled to kick off this Sunday, Nov. 21 at the Pasadena Civic Auditorium.
Aiken has vocal cord damage resulting from ongoing ear and sinus infections and is being treated by his doctor. Aiken's condition was aggravated during a trip to New York City to promote his book, "Learning To Sing: Hearing the Music in Your Life". The affected dates include performances scheduled in Pasadena, CA on Sunday, Nov.21, Phoenix, AZ on Monday, Nov. 22 and El Cajon, CA. on Tuesday, Nov. 23.
The tour will now officially begin in Costa Mesa, CA. on Friday, Nov. 26. Aiken will perform at the Orange County Performing Arts Center.
Aiken's management is in the process of working to reschedule the dates for Pasadena, Phoenix, and El Cajon. The new dates will be announced by next week. Existing ticket holders will be able to use their tickets for the forthcoming rescheduled dates, or refunds will be available.
Aiken was also scheduled to perform at a gala benefit dinner for his Bubel/Aiken Foundation on Friday, Nov. 19 at the Century Plaza Hotel in Los Angeles. Aiken will still appear at the dinner, but will be unable to perform songs from his current and new RCA album, "Merry Christmas With Love." The album was released on Tuesday, Nov. 16, and the benefit dinner was to feature the first live performance from the CD.
"The Joyful Noise Tour" will feature a conductor and a 30-piece orchestra. In some cities, Aiken will be supported by the local Philharmonic or symphony. His two dates at Atlanta Symphony Hall on Dec. 17 and 18 will include the Atlanta Symphony Orchestra. Local choirs will also participate in some cities.
"The Joyful Noise Tour" official sponsor is Ronald McDonald House Charities. 
ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
Re: Concerts Canceled Due to Illness
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2010, 02:38:19 AM »
KSChristian4Clay
Gallery Admin
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2004, 11:27:08 PM » 

That's too bad! I hope Clay gets to feeling better.   

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2010, 02:38:38 AM »
claydevotee
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2004, 11:40:02 PM » 

Thanks, Christie, for bringing over that very important news.  I can't begin to comprehend the disappointment of  the fans who were looking forward to those 3 concerts.

However, I am so grateful and relieved to know that Clay is finally listening to his doctors in order to preserve the precious vocal instrument with which he has been blessed.  Now more than ever, we need to include Clay in our prayers and/or send good thoughts his way. 

PLEASE GET WELL SOON, CLAY!  AND TAKE SOME TIME FOR YOURSELF TO TAP YOUR INNER RESERVOIR OF STRENGTH!!!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2010, 02:39:02 AM »
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2004, 11:45:45 PM » 

Actually the press release states that the first three shows have been postponed, not cancelled.  They should be rescheduled for a later date.

I'm so sorry for those of you who had tix for those shows!  I know you are disappointed, but will agree that Clay's health is paramount.

GET WELL CLAY!  We'll be here waiting.

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2010, 02:39:29 AM »
clays#1fan
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2004, 11:48:51 PM » 

AWWW Poor baby!! I really hope he gets better soon!! I know he didnt wanna cancel but he had to!! Poor baby is sick!! I feel bad for the people planing on going to these concerts but I am glad hes gonna get some rest!! That he needs!! They will reschedule the dates soon!! I wish I could go take care of him!! Kisses and hugs to Clay for him to feel better!!     

Clay baby drink lots of fluids and get some rest!! You need some rest!!

Joyce

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2010, 02:40:03 AM »
cjrmax
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2004, 11:51:49 PM » 

Actually the press release states that the first three shows have been postponed, not cancelled. They should be rescheduled for a later date.

True enough.  Guess I made the topic subject a bit too dramatic - but then again I was a drama major!

I just hope they can find dates to reschedule these concerts.  I suppose if you use the 12 days of Christmas he has until January 6th until Christmas is officially over!

Clay - just keep that beautiful mouth of yours shut and REST!!!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2010, 02:40:31 AM »
Prissy
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2004, 12:04:25 AM » 

I understand that Clay is sick, and I hope he will take the time to take care of himself.  Sometimes, it seems that Clay feels like his fame may be fleeting, therefore, he must have tour after tour and fill his schedule as much as possible. 

From what I've read, I think he actually likes touring and having the set schedule touring demands.

I feel for those who have already bought plane tickets and  planned for time off from work to attend the postponed concerts.  Hopefully, they can arrange without too much extra expense to attend the concerts on the new dates!

Prissy

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2010, 02:40:52 AM »
heathersweet
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2004, 12:07:51 AM » 

with all the touring and other things this man does no wonder he got sick again.i feel awful for him, i wish i could go take care of him!.i feel bad for the fans who were looking forward to the concerts and seeing him, but you will have another chance and hopefully you all will beable to.i hope he gets some rest and comes back roaring!.

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2010, 02:41:16 AM »
KSChristian4Clay
Gallery Admin
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2004, 12:13:00 AM » 

FYI: 

Clay's appearance on The Early Show, originally scheduled for tomorrow morning, will be aired (a taped segment) on Monday, November 22.

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2010, 02:41:52 AM »
stellium
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2004, 07:58:42 AM » 

Not once in Clay's book does he talk about being sick with his allergies, having those allergic attacks that require shots and painful adjustments, or his sinus and food problems.

So much physical pain in his life, a lot of it caused by the beatings and torture of others, but never once does he complain or describe the bruises and painful horrors. In his book is a picture of Nick applying medicine to his eye during the concerts for a sty. "Squirting burning fluid into my eyeball", Clay says, and that is it.

This is a timely reminder for us that much of the time, Clay may be physically suffering when we don't even know it. Six foot one and 145 pounds is not a strong body.

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2010, 02:42:17 AM »
Marilyn
ANN News Team
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2004, 08:13:40 AM » 

I HAD WONDERED MYSELF AT HIS NORMAL PHYSICAL WELL BEING-HE IS RATHER THIN, I DO HOPE HE TAKES CARE OF HIMSELF. AND DONT FORGET HE WAS BORN WITH A COLLAPSED LUNG-TO OVERCOME THINGS LIKE THAT AND SING LIKE HE DOES IS NOTHING SHORT OF A MIRACLE.

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2010, 02:42:52 AM »
lorraine

« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2004, 08:17:06 AM » 

I AM SO WORRIED FOR OUR CLAY.  I AM SURE HE HAS THE BEST DOCTORS TAKING CARE OF HIM.  I DON'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT DAMAGED VOCAL CORDS BUT I HOPE THIS IS NOT PERMANENT AND REST AND MEDICINE CAN HELP.  I AM SURE PRAYING FOR MY CLAY.

HUGS
LORRAINE

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2010, 02:43:26 AM »
Claytime

« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2004, 08:39:36 AM » 

cjrmax wrote:

Clay - just keep that beautiful mouth of yours shut and REST!!!

I couldn't have said it better myself.     

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2010, 02:43:56 AM »
Claytime
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2004, 08:51:22 AM » 

I HAD WONDERED MYSELF AT HIS NORMAL PHYSICAL WELL BEING-HE IS RATHER THIN, I DO HOPE HE TAKES CARE OF HIMSELF. AND DONT FORGET HE WAS BORN WITH A COLLAPSED LUNG-TO OVERCOME THINGS LIKE THAT AND SING LIKE HE DOES IS NOTHING SHORT OF A MIRACLE.

IT IS A MIRACLE.  AMEN.

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2010, 02:44:21 AM »
luv4clay

« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2004, 11:03:13 AM » 

I hope he gets better soon. I'm saying some prayers for him. I know all of his fans love him so much and only want the best for him. so let him rest. I think he has been working too hard.

ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  Joyful Noise Tour 2004  |  Concerts Canceled Due to Illness

gfxgfx
gfx