gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

gfx gfx
gfx
229878 Posts in 2575 Topics by 108 Members - Latest Member: CTLovesClay April 19, 2024, 06:17:43 PM
gfx* Home Help Login Register gfx
gfx
ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  Tried and True Tour 2011  |  KNOXVILLE, TN-BIJOU THEATRE 02/17/2011
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: KNOXVILLE, TN-BIJOU THEATRE 02/17/2011  (Read 36773 times)

Tiffany

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
Re: KNOXVILLE, TN-BIJOU THEATRE 02/17/2011
« Reply #90 on: February 17, 2011, 10:25:25 PM »
Me too. Guess they are too busy for us.  :( They are missing out.

Thanks Barb and Barb for joining us.

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #91 on: February 17, 2011, 10:28:35 PM »
Several people video'd the whole show. And there were pics, too.
ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!

Tiffany

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
« Reply #92 on: February 17, 2011, 10:30:42 PM »
Several people video'd the whole show. And there were pics, too.

Good! Good! Good!

WilsonClaymate

• Enthusiastic
  • The way you make me feel
« Reply #93 on: February 17, 2011, 10:34:15 PM »
Great picture, Marilyn

Such wonderful comments after the show.  Hopefully, these people will tell others--and so on and so on.

Thanks for the great work tonight ladies.
"For me he's not a hobby, he's not an obsession, he's a joy, something that makes me happy..."    ~cc777

Tiffany

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
« Reply #94 on: February 17, 2011, 10:35:55 PM »
Agreed Barb and love hearing Men are enjoying it. Have a goodnight.

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #95 on: February 17, 2011, 10:37:40 PM »
During the Disco Who's Sorry Now he and Quiana danced a bit

He did a little shimmy while Quiana was singing

He did more hand movements and seemed a lot more animated during Buttercup

He said that the crew usually puts tape along the front of the stage so that he wont slip, but tonight they didnt put it there and he was a little nervous when he came to the front. He asked the people in the first two rows if they would catch him if he fell.
'
Lots of major stubble. She thinks that some people might think there is too much.

She says at the end of the songs, where the band is still playing but he is not singing, he closes his eyes and has this most peaceful look on his face that she loves to look at.

The shoes are not big and dont make his feet look huge- the feet  look much smaller in these shoes.

They change color in the light (the shoes)

They are waitingin line to see if Clay comes out -Quiana has already gone by.

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #96 on: February 17, 2011, 10:38:57 PM »
Great picture, Marilyn

Such wonderful comments after the show.  Hopefully, these people will tell others--and so on and so on.

Glad you could join us!!

and Wisconsin Barb-I hope everything works out well for you.
Maybe I will win the lottery and we can all go to the last show in California!!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #97 on: February 17, 2011, 10:40:26 PM »
Clay thanked us for keeping him around as long as we have, and for putting his son through college!

Only one bus, but it has a trailer (probably for equipment)

Tiffany

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
« Reply #98 on: February 17, 2011, 10:41:11 PM »
Great picture, Marilyn

Glad you could join us!!

and Wisconsin Barb-I hope everything works out well for you.
Maybe I will win the lottery and we can all go to the last show in California!!

I'm in. Would love too. ;D

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #99 on: February 17, 2011, 11:46:45 PM »
Clay is worth seeing multiple times

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #100 on: February 18, 2011, 07:59:07 AM »
BRIGHTSTAR

Quick post to say tonight's concert was fabulous! Some random observations--
The crowd was especially enthusiastic. Clay and crew felt it and appreciated it, and there was just a special chemistry about the show. Every song was superb, moving, and heartfelt. The size of the theater fit the crowd, and the size of the stage fit the performers and band. It made for a warm, intimate, and lively atmosphere.

I love the beautiful way Clay introduces "In My Life" every night, expressing such a tender and genuine appreciation for all of his fans, but especially those who have supported him for a long time. And the song itself is so soft and tender and touching--it's almost like a whispered prayer, or a blessing.

He wailed "Mack The Knife" and the crowd loved it. In fact, the audience cheered more loudly than last night and showed tremendous enthusiasm for the performers throughout the whole show.

Solitaire was magnificent--both touching and powerful. It leaves the audience breathless.

I heard a lot of people who dearly loved the Atlanta show say this was even better.

I find myself watching his hands so often this tour. They are so expressive, and I often think his hands sing too. They are an integral part of many songs (whether he realizes it or not). They weave and flow, they caress and hover, they touch tenderly at times and channel emotions into fists at others--a wonderful ballet of sorts. Fascinating.

I took some pictures (in spite of the bullying announcements and thorough search of our bags, and mine was searched twice!). I think my pics from Atlanta are better--the light tonight was not as good for taking pics, but I'm so glad I got some. Tomorrow when I'm home I'll try to post a few.

It's late, and time to go to bed and dream of heavenly songs and a beautiful man.

Life is good.

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #101 on: February 18, 2011, 08:10:29 AM »
Two Scarlett clips from Knoxville uploaded to You Tube:

Who's Sorry Now - Bossa Nova Style: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BJ5UovWBxc

Who's Sorry Now - Zydeco Attempt: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qagk1y8VYCU

Tiffany

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #103 on: February 18, 2011, 10:30:41 PM »
hippoga

We spent the night at my friends house and then five of us headed up I-75 to Knoxville. The venue had changed and we really had no idea where our seats would be. We had PBS M&G's there, too. Along the way, we stopped in a Wal-mart to copy some pictures and we decided to see how mine turned out. Some were good! My friend made a collage and we planned on getting Clay to sign it for us all. Our new seats turned out to only be one row further back so we checked into the hotel and met friends for dinner. This PBS M&G was incredibly unorganized. The venue people said no cameras were allowed and we had 5 minutes to go put them in our cars and come back. Thank you to the CVer who let us put ours in her trunk! We stood in line for a while in the lobby and then went up stairs to a room. Mary the tour manager was taking pictures and we were sent in one at a time. We asked if we could go in together and the staff person said OK. There was no PBS representative. We weren't even sure if we could get something signed but we asked Clay to sign the picture and he did.

We're not totally sure how we'll get our pictures and the Aiken fog kicked in and I didn't remember how he looked!

The theater was small and our seats were 10 rows back, dead center, just on the rise of the theater. AAIT and I looked at each other and pronounced them perfect! And then Clay proceded to deliver a perfect concert! This crowd was very small but everyone there was thrilled to see him. Thunderous applause was the order of the day! The band also looked better on the smaller stage, less open space. I loved looking at "all of Clay" while he sang instead of a small part through a viewfinder. His dancing was an unexpected sight to behold. So funny! I enjoyed the "swing band" medley more the second time but I'm still not too fond of the autotune bit. I don't know how those fans upclose survived when he sat down on the stage for his slow numbers segment. Oh my, very nice! He gave us a history of the theater and thought it was very funny that it was once a whorehouse and even had a ghost! Special favorites that night were "There's a kind of hush" and "You don't have to say you love me". I'm absolutely no good at a recap. Sorry! From the first notes of Love Story to the last glory note of Solitaire, I enjoyed every minute. AAIT and I were a bit nostalgic thinking of how Build Me Up Buttercup on AI was performed by a boy we had fallen head over heels for and now a man we still adored was singing it IN PERSON to us! He mentioned the cellcert again in his thank yous to the fans. Goodness, I only hope to be able to tell him one day how much it means to have him In OUR Lives!

That concert was over MUCH, MUCH too soon! We waited at the bus for a bit and saw Clay get on. He waved and said another thank you for coming. Home again in a daze! I got good reviews for my driving (I am related to Dale Earnhardt you know! LOL!) and we got back in time to have lunch with another old figure skating friend.

Now to make it til Wednesday and do it again in Charlotte and Greenville. Can't listen to the cellcert tonight. Gotta visit with the hubby! But can't wait to read about it tomorrow!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #104 on: February 20, 2011, 10:15:21 AM »

ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  Tried and True Tour 2011  |  KNOXVILLE, TN-BIJOU THEATRE 02/17/2011

gfxgfx
gfx