gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

gfx gfx
gfx
229519 Posts in 2574 Topics by 108 Members - Latest Member: CTLovesClay March 28, 2024, 01:23:20 PM
gfx* Home Help Login Register gfx
gfx
ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  Tried and True Tour 2011  |  SARASOTA, FL 02/12/2011
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: SARASOTA, FL 02/12/2011  (Read 16292 times)

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
Re: SARASOTA, FL 02/12/2011
« Reply #90 on: February 13, 2011, 03:18:38 AM »

ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #91 on: February 13, 2011, 10:37:13 AM »
BTW, goldarngirl told me there was a busline last night and that he signed some things and let people take pictures. But...I don't know how many people were there or if when it's freezing cold outside up North something like that will happen. It was great that he did that last night! There are some very happy women today!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #92 on: February 13, 2011, 12:04:07 PM »
CORABETH:

Mini Recap of Sarasota

We had tremendous seats, front row pit in very comfortable seats. The venue looked at least three quarters if not more full by the time the concert was over. He posed for Invisible926, as she has shown. It was very cute and we were tickled.

It was a very good show but the Orlando show was a great show. It seemed just a tad disjointed last night, hard to put my finger on one thing. The trio of Moon River, It's Impossible and WKOFAI was too slow but I'm sure the older crowd really enjoyed it. He did say that the rock and roll WSN was contributing to the tiny cracks here and there and that was why he refused to do Opera last night. They did have fun with the other genres though. The two of them make a great (and rare) combination of vocalists/comics together. Although when Clay told Quiana he loved her as she walked off the stage, she said "Yuck".

I loved his sweater/shirt combination last night. The sweater was really very stylish.

I love watching Felix drum. Dell/Del played the stand up bass with a bow during IML. Clay really worked for the UM and Solitaire as he knew his vocal chords were a little under the weather after his Quiet Riot imitation. He messed up the lyrics on both but most wouldn't notice, he seemed to be really concentrating on the vocals. His hands were absolutely mesmerizing on UM. Watch the video.

WDIB was even more spectacular than Orlando. And I was right about the curtain not going up messing him up! Although he said that he didn't realize that he hadn't sung the cue yet! I just looked it up and the movie was 1970, I wonder if that was the song they threw out after finding out it wasn't in the right decade. A loss but in some ways, it was a wonderful surprise to hear it on this tour.

To the people who yelled out Adam Lambert when he asked for examples of people on the radio (in his can't sing but autotune helps schtick), my comment to you is the same one that Jay Leno said to Hugh Grant when he was caught with a hooker... "What the hell were you thinking?"

Tiffany

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
« Reply #93 on: February 13, 2011, 02:46:45 PM »
BTW, goldarngirl told me there was a busline last night and that he signed some things and let people take pictures. But...I don't know how many people were there or if when it's freezing cold outside up North something like that will happen. It was great that he did that last night! There are some very happy women today!

That's very sweet of him to do that.

Here's some clack from last night so far.

http://www.clackunlimited.com/clack/Concert_Clack/2011_Tried_And_True/Sarasota/Thankful4Clay/small_wmv/

Tiffany

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
« Reply #94 on: February 13, 2011, 03:33:19 PM »
Clay doing the autotone to Forget You.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4gG4noSVRY

Tiffany

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
« Reply #95 on: February 13, 2011, 03:54:58 PM »

Tiffany

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
« Reply #96 on: February 14, 2011, 01:36:16 PM »
Here's Betty's recap if she doesn't mind me posting it here.

MY  FRIENDS AND I ARRIVED HOME AROUND 6oclock LAST NIGHT WANTING TO GO BACK AND DO IT ALL OVER .             

THIS MAY BE BRIEF, I'M STILL HALF ASLEEP.

i'M NOT GOING TO SAY TOO MUCH ABOUT THE CONCERT BECAUSE I THINK MOST PEOPLE WANT TO SEE FOR THEMSELVES
            I'LL LET THEM SPEAK FOR THEMSELVES.WHAT I CAN SAY THOUGH. HARD ROCK WAS  WONDERFUL BUT SARASOTA WAS
           BETTER, THE VAN WEZEL IS BEAUTIFUL AND THE ACCOUSTICS WERE SUPERB.   WE WERE IN THE SECOND ROW BEHIND
            THE TREE ROW  PITS,  DEAD  CENTER, . THE BEST SEAT I HAVE EVER HAD, JUST SIT BACK AND  SEE CLAY IN ALL HIS HANDSOME
            GLORY AND HE WAS SO VERY
 VERY HANDSOME.  hIS VOICE WAS  FANTASTIC AND THE AUDIANCE GAVE HIM TIME TO FINISH HIS NOTES AND THEN  LET THEIR
            APPRECIATION BE HEARD, MUSIC TO MY EARS!!!     THE FOUR MUSICIONS WERE INCREDIBLE, SOUNDED LIKE  A FULL ORCESTRA.

WE WERE THRILLED TO WALK INTO THE VAN WEZEL AND SEE A
mASS OF PEOPLE , I THINK IT WS FULL DOWNSTAIRS, COULD'NT SEE THE BALCONY.   

tHINK i LOST SOMETHING. tO BE CONTINUED.

ME AGAIN,
I  MUST TELL YOU  ABOUT MY THRILL OF THE NIGHT. WE WENT OVER TO THE BUS AAAAAFTER THE CONCERT
TO SEE IF WE COULD SEE OUR MAN.

WE WAITED AND FROZE BUT COULD' NT LEAVE. THEN HE CAME OUT AND SHOOKHANDS. MAY PUSHED ME TO THE FRONT

CLAY SHOOK MY HAND AND TRIPPED OVER MY CANE SO HE CAME BACK AND HELD MY HAND AND SMILED.FOR  ONCE MY

CANE WAS MY BEST FRIEND.    NOT A M&G  BUT IT IT MAAAAAAAADE MY HEART FLUTTER!!!!

HAPPY VALENTINES  DAY TO ALL            I HAD MINE AT THE BUS STOP, I EEEEEEVEN GOT TO TALK TO      JEROME.

LOVE,

BETTY

Oh Betty. I'm so happy for you you had your moment with Clay. ;D So very sweet. You deserve it and glad you had a wonderful time.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2011, 01:46:56 PM by Tiffany »

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #97 on: February 15, 2011, 07:37:02 PM »
WELL, I GUESS YOU HAVE HAD AN EARFUL ALREADY RE; THE CLAY CONCERT IN SARASOTA, BUT I WILL ADD MY 2 CENTS ANYWAY.

I DISCOVERED WHAT IT WAS THAT ATTRACTED ME TO CLAY , ALL OVER AGAIN. HE WAS FABULOUS. IN GREAT SPIRITS AND VOICE AND LOOKED SO HANDSOME. NOW I HAVE TO GET OUT ALL OF MY OLD CLAY DVD,S AND C D, S AGAIN AND TRY TO RELIVE THE MOMENT. IT WAS THE BEST I HAVE EVER SEEN HIM. I THINK THIS WAS THE SEVENTH TIME IN ALL. HIS SOLITAIRE RIPPED UP THE HOUSE, IT WAS SOOOOO WONDERFUL AS WAS HIS UNCHAINED MELODY. I AM A CLAY FAN ALL OVER AGAIN. HE WORKED HIS MAGIC.

I HOPE THEA HAS RECOVERED FROM THE MAD RIDE THAT I TOOK HER ON. AFTER HAVING MISPLACED THE KEYS TO MY CAR AND THEN TRYING TO NAVIGATE TO THE CONCERT , I RAN A RED LIGHT. BUT THERE WAS NO TRAFFIC AS SARASOTA NEAR DOWNTOWN HAS TOTALLY RESTRUCTURED THEIR ROADS AND SINCE I VERY RARELY GO DOWNTOWN, IT THREW ME FOR A LOSS. LUCKILY WE WERE OK. BUT POOR THEA WAS A NERVOUS WRECK, AS I NO DOUBT UNDERSTAND. SHE MUST THINK I AM A MAD RACER!!!!!!!!!!

OUR VISIT WAS GREAT, IT WAS LIKE WE HAD NEVER BEEN APART FOR 2 YEArs. THE MUSEUM VISIT WAS NICE AND THEAS HUSBAND, PHIL WAS REALLY IMPRESSED WITH OUR MUSEUM. I THINK HE MUST HAVE TAKEN UMPTEEN DOZEN PICTURES OF PAINTINGS. PHIL IS A RARITY AMONGST HUSBANDS. SO KIND, GENTLE, SMART AND A REAL GENTLEMAN. WE HAD A LOT OF FUN TOGETHER, THE THREE OF US.

BETTY AND HER FRIENDS WERE DELIGHTFUL AND AM SO GLAD I FINALLY GOT TO MEET HER.
I JUST HOPE CLAY DOES THIS TOUR AGAIN NEXT YEAR. LTHE HOUSE WAS ALMOST FILLED AND EVERYONE WAS CERTAINLY HAPPY WITH HIS PERFORMANCE. I WILL BE IN LINE , IF HE RETURNS, FOR SOME MORE GOOD SEATS.

THAT IS MY RECAP,. NOW GOING TO FIND SOME OF HIS MUSIC WHILE I PAINT. MY OBSESSION BEGINS AGAIN.

LUV\
JAN/JEANNE

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #98 on: February 16, 2011, 02:10:43 AM »
Our very own Corbett:

yOU ARE GOING TO  SWOON WHEN YOU SEE YOUR CONCERTS. CLAY'S VOICE IS THE BEST I HAVE EVER HEARD IT,
 SO MATURE, DEEP AND  WONDERFUL.THE BEST SO FAR  WAS SARASOTA. BEAUTIFUL VENUE, SUPERB ACCOUSTICS AND  MOST EXCITING .IT SEEMED TO BE FULL IT WAS VERY CLOSE   AND A  GREAT AUDIENCE. LET CLAY FINISH HIS LAST NOTES AND THEN LET THEIR APPRECIATION BE  HEARD LOUDLY.THE FOUR  MUSICIANS  WERE TERRIFIC AND SOUNDED LIKE A BIG BAND.

LOTS OF MEN THERE . CLAY TEASED THEM ABOUT BEING DRAGGED THERE BY THEIR WIVES BUT SOME WERE THERE  ALONE.

NOW THE HIGHLIGHT OF MY EVEVENING, SOME THING I WON'T FORGET. WE WENT OVER TO THE BUS AND WAITED AND WAITED. IT WAS FREEZINC COLD AND WE ALL LOOKED LIKE LOST SHEEP WITH SCARVES TIED ROUND OUT HEADS AND NECKS,  THEN CLAY CAME OUT STILL LOOKING SO HANDSOME. MAY PUSHED ME TO THE FRONT
CLAY TOUCHED HANDS THEN TRIPPED OVER MY CANE. HE PAUSED AND THEN   STEPPED BACK TO ME AND HELD MY HAND AND SMILED.    i LOVE THAT CANE!!! THEN HE SAID THEY HAD A 613 MILE JOURNEYTO TRAVEL, I THINK TO HOUSTON.

I HONESTLY DIDN’T INTEND TO TRIP HIM.....   NEXT TIME HE WILL GIVE ME A M&G

i need a nap.

BETTY

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #99 on: February 16, 2011, 01:17:09 PM »
claysrainbow

Where do I begin……….

I just returned from the Florida 3-fer and a side trip to the beach. I am not answering my phone today from anyone who will pull me out of the Aiken Fog!!!!!

I thought each show was fabulous on its own. I hadn’t seen a first show so that was so much fun not knowing the set list, becoss Lord knows I cannot wait to see everything every day. He was so cute about saying how it wasn’t very crowded in Miami. And he couldn’t hear only himself in the ear pieces…he did well. Hard Rock really did rock and it was so much fun seeing everyone again before and after the show. Hello Gerwhisp, sat next to she and her hubby. I also had a gal and her hubby on other side who had been to a couple concerts and loved him. She belongs to Fan Club but not to boards and didn’t know how we travel etc. Her hubby said he loved how we all traveled and knew each other and he understood about my Clay Room (becoss he has one from his fav team). So I have received email from her and I promised to send stuff!!!!! Love it. 2 sets of fun couples to share Clay with. Sarasota is a blur becoss I had a Meet and Greet first…yowser. But I sat next to Thankful…….hello!!!

There were 9 at our Meet and Greet and Jerome came out and checked us off. He asked if anyone had gone to first show and then both shows and then said to me,you will see all three and seemed surprised. Ha Ha He asked if the show was getting better. Oh yesssssssss. We were all lead down some stairs past the dressing room (boy wanted to just turn in there) and then to meet and greet room. We all sat down and 2 girls stood up. A great group with all age groups too. Then our man came in and just took over. He looked all cute in a green hoodie, niiiice fitting jeans and great hair. No make up and I can’t remember what shoes he had on. Those that know me will be surprised becoss I always have to see the feet. Fighting the Aiken Fog is a job!! Jerome said everyone looked familiar so he didn’t need to tell us the rules. Clay came around to each and shook our hands. He did say to me…nice pins!!! I had on the 2 TNT pins and he noticed. Eeeee Then he sat down and started swiveling in the chair which he loved and thought he might come back for it. He asked us where we were from and asked some questions about the venue and why it was named that. Then he asked if anyone had questions. I’ll tell you what I asked, I’m sure the others will tell theirs. I asked if he would write another book…please before I died becoss I had to know some answers. He laughed and thought about it and didn’t say one way or the other, just waved and said I’d be around a long time yet. Then after questions we had pictures. We were told to remember our numbers and as soon as Jerome, Clay and Mary left the room we all couldn’t remember our numbers. I hope my picture turns out, I remember feeling his arm and his head next to mine. After, he thanks you and shakes your hand again. Then you get to watch the other have their pics done. And then we left and I tried to remember my name…..

A special hello to my traveling peeps..Katy4Clay, KCUDawg,RhonnaR and all who I saw again. I feel like I am alive again. I lost my Mom a year ago and it has been a tough one and this just brought me back to laughing and having fun again. Work tomorrow might change it, but for today I am savoring it all.

ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  Tried and True Tour 2011  |  SARASOTA, FL 02/12/2011

gfxgfx
gfx