gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

gfx gfx
gfx
229864 Posts in 2575 Topics by 108 Members - Latest Member: CTLovesClay April 18, 2024, 05:29:57 PM
gfx* Home Help Login Register gfx
gfx
ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  Tried and True Tour 2011  |  CINCINNATI, OHIO-TAFT THEATER 03/01/2011
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: CINCINNATI, OHIO-TAFT THEATER 03/01/2011  (Read 38088 times)

Tiffany

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
Re: CINCINNATI, OHIO-TAFT THEATER 03/01/2011
« Reply #105 on: March 01, 2011, 09:56:58 PM »
Welcome Marlene. Thanks all for joining us. Thanks so much Marilyn for the great recaps. Sounded like Ohio got a special concert. Can't wait to see lot's of clack from this.

Again Barb Have a safe trip and a wonderful time. ;D I bet you will get The Real Me. Can't wait to hear all about it.

See you all tomorrow.

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #106 on: March 01, 2011, 09:59:29 PM »
LauraQ and goldarngirl were in the pit- they also take video. Scarlett got the whole thing!!
ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #107 on: March 01, 2011, 09:59:54 PM »
Barb- have a wonderful time- blow him a kiss for me!!

mimi

• Enthusiastic
« Reply #108 on: March 01, 2011, 10:00:11 PM »
Marilyn~ What did he do during "Misty"?.I must have missed that one.
Forgive your enemies...it messes with their head.

WilsonClaymate

• Enthusiastic
  • The way you make me feel
« Reply #109 on: March 01, 2011, 10:05:06 PM »
Another great show tonight.

Thanks Marilyn and Tiffany -- I enjoyed being here tonight with all of you.

My computer has gotten so slow that I am going to call it a night.  Will catch up with the reviews, etc. tomorrow night.

Barb, have a great time tomorrow.

PS - I have been trying to post this for ten minutes with no luck.
"For me he's not a hobby, he's not an obsession, he's a joy, something that makes me happy..."    ~cc777

Tiffany

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
« Reply #110 on: March 01, 2011, 10:14:48 PM »
Welcome Barb and sorry about that.

Marilyn~ What did he do during "Misty"?.I must have missed that one.

Marlene-Here's what Marilyn said he was doing and everyone was laughing.

During MISTY everyone was laughing because he was making goo goo eyes at a girl in the front and she was swooning!!

mimi

• Enthusiastic
« Reply #111 on: March 01, 2011, 10:18:33 PM »
Thanks again Marilyn & Tiffany.Great job as usually.

See you all tomorrow night.
Forgive your enemies...it messes with their head.

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #112 on: March 01, 2011, 10:50:15 PM »
CLEM231

OMG

What an incredible concert!!!!

But before I get to that.
I haven't read back at all.
Do you all know there was a medical emergency there?
It was in the PIT, just down the row from where we were sitting.
The lady was on the floor, and emergency personel were working on her.
I assume she was ok, because she stayed, but has anybody heard anything?
I sure hope she's ok.
Anyway...
What can I say about the concert?
WOW...doesn't seem enough!!!
But it's sure fitting.
Our seats were amazing!!!
We were about 2-3 ft from the stage.

Poor DH. He said he knew when Clay started counting the men, Clay was going to say something to him...and he did.
He just asked him who he was with, and he said his wife...good job
Then he asked me if DH was doing a good job with the camera, and do I just elbow him when I want a certain pic?

Oh, before I forget....Clay was gorgeous...absolutely, incredibly gorgeous!!!

Could you hear his Yiddish version of "Who's Sorry Now"?
OMG...hysterical!!!! 

His voice was incredible tonight.
The Real Me  ...so beautiful.

And how cool is it that he almost went to school here?
The UC College Conservatory of Music is a great school.
I wonder what his journey would have been had he taken that path.
And UC is my Alma Mater...he would have been the same campus!!!
I guess our paths wouldn't have crossed. I was there before he was born

And he went to the mall yesterday.
If it really was Kenwood Mall, that's the best one in town...and my favorite.
Damn...why wasn't I there?

What a great night!!
It was exactly 15 minutes from our door to the theater!
And we didn't even have to pay for parking.
We found a meter less than 1/2 block from the theater.

This was my last concert
But it sure did go out on a high note!!!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #113 on: March 01, 2011, 10:58:25 PM »
clem 231-more on the medical emergency:

(Floridaiken @ Mar 1 2011, 10:32 PM)
Wow, did this happen during the show??? Hope she's ok! (not to be funny, but could she have passed out from the Aiken Fog?  )
Yes.
Did you hear when he went to Q&A?
That's when it happened.

And when he was singing The Real Me.

The emergency crew did a great job of being very quiet and staying down and out of people's way.

I sure hope she's ok.

(farouche @ Mar 1 2011, 10:35 PM)
And was the emergency before, during, or after the show? If it was during, did they acknowledge it on stage?

He said there was something going on in front, and they were going to do a little Q&A to give it time.

He looked in that direction often.
DH said he looked concerned.

(lindylo @ Mar 1 2011, 10:38 PM)
Pink Armchair said on the CH cert that Clay walked over to the opposite side of the stage so that people would look at him and not the woman and paramedics. He's a class act.

He did...and he is.

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #114 on: March 01, 2011, 11:01:19 PM »
 (clem231 @ Mar 1 2011, 10:44 PM)
 (caperkeeper @ Mar 1 2011, 10:41 PM)
I totally missed that there was an emergency happening! Clay is definitely a class act!

It was actually going on when he was taking phones.

It lasted a while...maybe 15 minutes.

caperkeeper
While he was talking to me? That's probably why he talked longer than he usually does! I do hope that lady is okay.

Yes.
He was trying to buy them some time. so he did the phones and the Q&A.

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #115 on: March 01, 2011, 11:03:14 PM »
cincy

Scarlett was next to me in the second row and LauraQ was next to her so there is gonna be clack. Actually, Scarlett got all of the concert....even when Clay took my cellphone to talk to Pam! It was a great concert....sorry my cellphone did not give the great sound we are used to, but again there is gonna be so much Clack.

Clay was so full of energy and every note seemed perfection. The laughter during Misty? There was a girl named Sherry at the end of the second row and Clay seemed to really take a liking to her. So cute. When he came to sit on the left hand side of the stage to sing, he sat right in front of her and she was obviously in ecstasy. Clay said afterward that he thought he was "in one of those Herbal Essence commercials." He got a big kick out of her sighs and his faces were priceless.

Crowd size -- Maybe 900. Very enthusiastic and Clay mentioned a couple of times how vocal and fun we were. Talked about how he almost came to Cincinnati to study music. Must have spent the whole day in Cincinnati yesterday. He said he slept most of the day except that he and Quiana went to a mall.

Right before he sang the Real Me, there was a lady in our role who had some sort of medical emergency and Clay did a little Q&A in the hopes the paramedics could help her. They were not able to fully assist her until midway through In My Life. I wasn't sure at the time what was going on....some thought she had droppeed her camera, but apparently it was a medical issue. I hope she is okay. Scarlett and LauraQ continued to record even while this was all going on....I don't think they had any real idea of what was happening. Clay moved to the other end of the stage and their attention was facing that way. I don't think either Scarlett or LauraQ put their video recorders down all night, so the clack is gonna be unbelieveable!!!! Can't wait to hear The Real Me, Misty, UM...actually the whole concert! It was very upbeat, funny and comedic Clay at his very best. The fourth genre on "Who's Sorry Now" was grunge and he really got into it!!

Three people from my office, my son and my DIL are all Clayverted. They said they now see why I love him so much!!!

I was first in line for the PBS M&G and it was rushed, but still very very nice. He signed our items, but they were not personalized (sorry, Lisa) and hopefully, my picture will be better than the one from Cleveland (although every other aspect of Cleveland was beyond fantastic!!!) While we were waiting, Jerome and I were talking and he said that Clay had received the cookies I sent, but he wanted to know why I had made Clay's ears so big. He said they were all laughing about that backstage and Mary also commented that the cookies were so funny. (Hope they quit laughing long enough to taste them....they are really really good.)

Again, sorry for the poor sound....did the best I could! Best thing that happened for me was when Clay took my phone to talk to Pam!!!! So happy for her!!!!

Quiana was also so wonderful..... Crying duet was perfect and both of her solos got the crowds attention and applause. I love that woman's voice so much!!!!

Tiffany

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
« Reply #116 on: March 01, 2011, 11:07:04 PM »
Wow! How scary on what could have happened to that lady. Clay did good with what he did during the time. I truly hope that she will be ok. We'll pray for her.

Loving the recaps. Keep it coming. ;D I'm waiting til least after midnight to see if the clack is up before I go to bed.

Tiffany

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
« Reply #117 on: March 02, 2011, 12:14:55 AM »
From CH:

QUOTE ("Quiet1ne") A woman collapsed I next to the certers so they handed the phone to Clay while they tended to her.

QUOTE ("Pink Armchair")

This lady was two seats down from me in the second row of the pit. I felt so badly for her. She was right behind ficus (who as you know was certing), Gingergirl and Shamrock. She seemed to feel it coming on because first she sat down hard on the floor and was facing away from the stage, breathing heavily. (Sorry, I didn't recognize her). Luckily we were in folding seats down in the pit because we could move them to make room for her. This was just as Clay was getting ready to introduce "The Real Me." Then she sank to the floor until she was lying flat with her head just next to my left foot. Then (this was really scary) she started moaning and convulsing (a seizure, I guess), her head moving back and forth and her arms and legs shaking. Clay, clearly perplexed about what was going on, was vamping, talking to the audience and picking up people's cell phones. An anonymous woman came from somewhere on my right and knelt down, holding the woman's head off the floor while several others (ficus, Gingergirl and LauraQ on the other side of her) held her hands and arms.

Anyway, in the middle of all of this, a fireman and some paramedics showed up, and Clay -- a trouper to the end -- started singing "The Real Me" down at the other end of the stage. I wish I could tell you how it was -- I have the impression it was exquisite, but there were three paramedics working on this woman between him and me and their radios were buzzing and people were whispering all around us. Finally, the paramedics evidently determined that she was going to be okay, so they helped her up and back into her chair and hauled all their equipment out of there and left. But not until Clay was about a third of the way through "In My Life." Amazing that he was able to go right on and concentrate, considering this was all happening less than 10 feet away from him.

So...I would describe this show as memorable but not necessarily in a good way! Clay was fabulous, though -- seemed rested and in a great mood and funny as hell. I hope to hear "The Real Me" again without the distractions.

One more thing: in the lobby after the show, some ladies came up to me, relieved, and said they had heard the woman having the seizure was me! It wasn't. *g* Gee, something tells me that I'm going to remember this birthday always...

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #118 on: March 02, 2011, 03:49:09 AM »
bonilee
I was wondering what age the girl was he was singing to during Misty. That boy can sure make us swoon, can't he. Then he gets a kick out of it! Yea, he knows he's got us, hook, line, and sinker.

shari79

She's 31. Hellllllooooooooooooooooo!! Omg!!!! Tonight was incredible. Wow.....I'm going to try to upload my video that he took on my phone...right now I'm a bit spent!!!! He floored me tonight!! YUMMMMMMMMMY!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #119 on: March 02, 2011, 04:07:03 AM »
Scarlett's clip of "The Real Me" from the Cincinnati concert has been uploaded to You Tube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfAS6Ht-gjY

Link can travel.

ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  Tried and True Tour 2011  |  CINCINNATI, OHIO-TAFT THEATER 03/01/2011

gfxgfx
gfx