gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

gfx gfx
gfx
229517 Posts in 2574 Topics by 108 Members - Latest Member: CTLovesClay March 28, 2024, 11:09:29 AM
gfx* Home Help Login Register gfx
gfx
ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  Tried and True Tour 2011  |  CHARLOTTE, NC-BLUMENTHAL PERFORMING ARTS CENTER 2/23/10
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: CHARLOTTE, NC-BLUMENTHAL PERFORMING ARTS CENTER 2/23/10  (Read 22738 times)

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
Re: CHARLOTTE, NC-BLUMENTHAL PERFORMING ARTS CENTER 2/23/10
« Reply #150 on: February 26, 2011, 02:01:13 AM »
ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #151 on: February 26, 2011, 02:01:36 AM »

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #152 on: February 26, 2011, 02:03:48 AM »

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #153 on: February 26, 2011, 10:27:37 AM »
CLAYNICIAN
Anyway, as for the Greenville M&G, he looked wonderful and sat on the stage directly in front of me! I have to admit it was a little hard to focus on the conversation. I had a cute story planned to share with him, but it was a little silly and nobody was joking around. Our group was so quiet and everything said was rather serious, so I never got up the nerve to interject my bit. I'm a chicken, I guess, but hey, maybe next time (yeah, that's a laugh!). Here's what I remember of the conversation - He was impressed with how pretty Greenville is and the # of really nice theaters and venues for that size town. He said his house is "kind of" on the market. When asked how that is possible, he said he has it on the market while he's away and will take it off when he gets back. (Huh? I still don't get that one). He did mention that he intends to be involved in the Wake County situation, but didn't say how specifically. When asked if he'd like to be in politics, he said he'd enjoy doing the job itself, but would hate the "politic-ing", like calling people to ask for money.

Now, he definitely said that at this time he has no career plans for the rest of the year. He did not use the term "irons in the fire" that I can remember, so don't analyze too closely what that might mean. He said that if Broadway brought him a good offer he'd consider doing it, but nothing is currently planned. Sorry. You'll have to decide for yourself how depressed to be over that one. I guess it's possible he could be expecting an offer (that's what I'm holding onto), but he definitely spoke as if he's waiting for offers to come in. Sounds like I have a little time to build up that NYC travel fund.

Overall it was great experience getting to hear him talk a little, and of course getting an autograph and picture (I probably will look stupid in this one!). I hope everyone gets a chance for one of these. Don't give up - I honestly have never won anything. Well, OK, I once won a book about copyright laws as a door prize at a music conference - but who the hell wants that, lol!

ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  Tried and True Tour 2011  |  CHARLOTTE, NC-BLUMENTHAL PERFORMING ARTS CENTER 2/23/10

gfxgfx
gfx