gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

gfx gfx
gfx
230014 Posts in 2575 Topics by 108 Members - Latest Member: CTLovesClay April 29, 2024, 11:53:22 AM
gfx* Home Help Login Register gfx
gfx
ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  Tried and True Tour 2011  |  CHARLOTTE, NC-BLUMENTHAL PERFORMING ARTS CENTER 2/23/10
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: CHARLOTTE, NC-BLUMENTHAL PERFORMING ARTS CENTER 2/23/10  (Read 22983 times)

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
Re: CHARLOTTE, NC-BLUMENTHAL PERFORMING ARTS CENTER 2/23/10
« Reply #120 on: February 24, 2011, 12:38:33 AM »
siclayfan:

Just trying to catch up a little--I'm hopelessly behind. I've been travelling a lot the last couple of weeks  and the couple of days I've been home I have so much to do.

I just read he did Bluegrass tonight. Shucks I was the first person he called on last night. I asked for bluegrass and he passed over it. I know he did it once before but haven't gotten around to seeing it. I adore his "Little Star of Bethlehem". Maybe he wanted to save it tonight for his Grandma. With my usual coolness when he said the person in red as he looked in my direction I had to look down to see what I was wearing--yup it was red!!

My six concerts have been gloriously delightful. I swear each succeeding one that I have seen has been better than the last.. It was so nice last night actually being able to get to a concert not much more than an hour from my home. It seems like it's been a long time since I've been able to do that.

There were so many things I loved about last night. As always the singing was wonderful. His speaking voice definitely wasn't as raspy as it was in CT. The day off was good for him.

I loved how he sat on the edge of the stage and proceeded to shake hands with the surrounding fans and ask their names. His knees were pretty much in one lady's face for a couple of songs--and he actually felt sorry for her--foolish man.

When something bothers him he sure lets you know it. I lost count of how many times he brought up the lack of spotlights.

I loved his interaction the the 94 year old birthday lady and that he said he wanted a picture with her and the 13 year old birthday girl. I wish we'd get to see that picture.

He seemed to be even more connected to the audience last night than usual. His introductions of his band are always fun. I love his relationship with Quiana. Honestly I was a little worried about the Crying duet being done with Quiana--it was so beautiful with Casey this summer. Silly me to have any doubts--the "love" they have for each other shines through and it's very tender.

He's just so darn comfortable up on that stage--he so belongs up there. Clay-- I'm old, please don't wait too long to get up there again after this tour.

I will have my last two concerts this weekend and will undoubtedly be in a funk--I hate that my "escape from reality" trips will be over for the time being. I've been blessed to be able to get to so many but as we always say --you can never have enough Clay Aiken!!! I haven't done much clack viewing so I will have lots to look forward to next week.

Just hoping we learn about some of those "hot irons" soon
ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #121 on: February 24, 2011, 01:30:50 AM »
KAREN EH

Back at the hotel and that bed over there wants me, I can tell…but…I have to vent a moment, before sleep, about the irony of great lighting, a severe no pictures warning, and an aisle seat in full view of the second biggest guy in the venue with a lanyard around his neck, after Jerome. I asked about it twice, debated the point that this probably didn’t come from Clay’s people (because….well…I just know these things, eh?) and I still was told absolutely no pictures of any kind….except for that official guy standing over there by the side door. One of the ushers told me that these were the instructions they were given, and that there were extra people in the hall who were there specifically to watch out for us. Whiskey-Tango-Foxtrot? I gave up. My camera remained in my bag all night, and it was okay, in the end, because I got to enjoy those hip shimmies, semi-shiny pants, and twisty-foot moves so much better that way. Oh…..but the dang lighting!! ‘Twas just criminal, let me tell ya’

Charlotte was my second concert. I was in Baltimore last night with my Mom (a concert virgin…but not THE concert virgin). We both loved the wacky intimacy of that show….a spotlight would have been nice, however. I wonder if I should get my "Ott" lights out of storage for times likes that....gosh! I bet Costco has something! It was seriously dark in the Kraushaar Auditorium….and the Belk was bathed in brilliant light (note to self: give it up already…you had a great time.)

The new gray pants are very nice. They have some sheen and fit pretty darn good. What I could see of the tie from my 5th row aisle seat, it looked to sort of match the olive green print. The turquoise sweater looked quite yummy.

I had bought a PBS meet and greet but the ticket was sent to Houston….a place I haven’t been for quite some time. It should be waiting for me when I get back to Denmark…if it got put into my husband’s inter-office mail bag. I considered having someone in the Houston office retrieve it, and Fed Ex it to me, but I abandoned the idea. It was getting a little complicated since I had already left Denmark when it arrived in Texas. Good thing, I did…I wouldn’t have made it anyway. Our drive from Baltimore took almost 9 hours due to heavy morning traffic and frequent coffee stops. Yay! For only having to drive an hour and a half tomorrow. Greenville will be my last concert of this tour (*sniff*). I am enjoying the live version of these songs…a lot….but I have to go home. We are moving again, this time to Abu Dhabi. This one's going to take some care and attention.

I hope, hope, hope there is no clack down tomorrow night. I am the fandom’s worst stealth photographer. Come to think of it, I have other problems…..I almost got nothing last night because I took the memory card out of the camera and left for the theater with it still stuck into my laptop. Luckily, earlier that day, I had discovered the memory card from another camera stuck in that very same slot in the very same laptop, and I thought to put it in my purse. Perhaps a trip to Best Buy is a good idea.

I can empathize with Brightstar about the ones that got away tonight. There really were some luscious opportunities! By the time the last couple of songs came along and people began to take out their cameras around me, I was in such a fog I wouldn't have been able to tell the lens cap from a hockey puck. The camera stayed where it was and I left with a head full of beautiful memories (albeit a very heavy purse for nothing).

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #122 on: February 24, 2011, 01:32:08 AM »
BRIGHTSTAR:

Back from the concert. Gah!! I just love this tour. He gets more and more beautiful and so do the songs. It was the first time I heard "Both Sides Now" on tour, and it was incredibly beautiful. Gentle, tender, poignant, lovely. He was funny, gorgeous, and oh so entertaining. I think he's loving this tour too.

I loved his outfit. Loved. The sweater was a beautiful shade, the tie was a green print (could only see the very top), the shirt cuffs were a quirky print, and the pants were a lovely gray, with a slight shine (to my eyes) and their draping was breathtaking. They flowed as he moved and were a show of their own. 

The security staff were unmerciful. I was in second row and didn't even try to take a picture for the first several songs. Then I snapped one pic furtively. Then I took one every once in a while, noting dozens of perfect poses and angles that I didn't get. The last part of the show I took more, and just snapped away during the last 2 songs. I think some of them are fairly good, but I could have gotten some awesome ones if I didn't have to be so careful.

I felt badly for Clay to have sooooo many folks at the PBS m & g. Impossible to really satisfy folks, so they did the best they could. At least I got to shake his hand!

Before he gave the "mandate" to attend Greenville, he was getting hoarse and said he felt sorry for those going to Greenville. Said it would be a mess.

There was a young couple beside me who raised their hands to say it was their first concert. The guy suggested the rock category, and was sad when Clay at first acted like he wasn't going to do it, then perked up when he did. He laughed quite a bit. They held hands most of the show, and I could tell they enjoyed it. (I didn't talk to them though).

Did I say I loved this tour? Two hours of perfection--we laugh, get misty, clap, sway, and often just look and listen in amazement, hardly able to believe we are hearing such aural beauty.

So my last one is tomorrow. Can't wait on one hand and don't want it to get here on the other. Last shows are so bittersweet.

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #123 on: February 24, 2011, 01:33:08 AM »
COTTON

Wow! What a great concert!
Except for the damed Clack POlice!
They were horrid!

I thought Clay's pants were "taupish" not gray. He looked YUMMY!
They were some NICE pants. A-hem!
I have some pics, but I was in the "balcony" so not hi-res.

I can say that Clay was wonderful tonight!
The opening. . .
I do NOT like Love Story. Just do not.

So - how is it that when the curtain is still down. The house is dark.
And that . . .
naked Voice Clay . . .
could absolutely SLAY me with Love Story??!!!

He voice - cutting through the dark theater - over the detritus of the day - can just stop your heart.

Beautiful!

Then again - at the end - Naked Voice Clay singing In My Life - does it again!

He fills the auditorium.
He fills my ears.
He fills my heart.

I love him.
I love him and Quiana.

This music was made for Clay.

*sigh*

Nitey Nite - heading to Greenville tomorrow.Don't know when I'll get pics posted!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #124 on: February 24, 2011, 08:06:36 AM »
Scarlett clip from Charlotte concert uploaded to You Tube overnight.

Fan Dedication, In My Life: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ndggtLRqNw

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #125 on: February 24, 2011, 08:07:11 AM »
With respect to the Charlotte concert, Scarlett was nabbed about 1/2 way through the show. She did chance videotaping again at the end of the show to capture the following:

Pre-"In My Life" banter: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLzNxnj_Fj4

Fan Dedication & In My Life: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ndggtLRqNw

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #126 on: February 24, 2011, 08:08:41 AM »
moonhead

Here's a quickie...

I have never seen Clay look more gorgeous than he did last night. His outfit ranks up there with the tops of all time for him. He was just beautiful. He had on perfectly fitting taupe pants with a very faint ribbing to them, a medium aqua colored sweater (v-neck, with no banding/ribbing on the bottom)...it made him look so lean and the color was just fantastic). He had on a white shirt with the cuffs turned up. The lining of the cuffs was a print of yellow, green, red/pink. Really cool looking against the sweater. He also had a moss green tie and striped socks along with the shoes we have been seeing. He looked every bit a young, rich star...PERFECT.

As for the show, it was wonderful. I can.not.wait. for my pit row seats tonight! I was in the "cattle call" M&G and I had so much fun. Clay was so totally in charge during that M&G, but obviously in a "git her done" mode, which was totally understandable. There were 150 people in our M&G alone, not to mention the others that he had. I'm pretty sure he M&G'ed about 250 people total...CRAZY. When he came behind our group for the picture he stood behind Georgialina and I. I made sure to lean back just a tad and I can still feel the heat of his chest on my back... *takes a moment*. I told Georgialina that the joke will be on me today if I get the picture from PBS and find out I was leaning up against a fan instead  . In some strange way I almost enjoyed my M&G yesterday more than my OFC one. Because I LOVE seeing Clay as the star and in "boss" mode...it just does something to me.....strange, but true.

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #128 on: February 24, 2011, 11:54:07 AM »
ncgran4clay

What can I say, I just love Clay Aiken. The concert last night was awesome. He is just so in his element on that stage. His voice was out of this world good, and his humor kept us in stitches. We had great seats, box next to the stage. I was just in heaven. I took a good friend who is a casual fan and she loved the show. Raved in the car all the way home. Our Meet & Moo was good as well. Sure I was a little disappointed that I didn't get an individual pic with him but I completely understand why. He did put his arm around my back for the group pic. I had gone to Atlanta so I wasn't prepared for the emotional response I had to UM. It was DH and mine "song", my eyes filled with tears toward the end and just for a second I felt as if DH was sittings there with me.
This show is just soooo good. The mix up of songs, everything. The man surely knows how to plan a tour to keep the show fresh and fun. One thing my friend said I loved was," he reminds me of Johnny Carson", he can turn anything into humor". It was my last show of the tour but oh what fun it has been.

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #129 on: February 24, 2011, 12:00:04 PM »
heartracerclay

This will make you laugh!

He was in quite a pissy mood during the picture taking, some 100 people, it seems, because PBS messed up, he fussed at the folks in our group, well I don't blame him there. I did man-handle my daughter out of the way, how dare she get next to my BF, what was she thinking. He says 'dont claw me' to me when I dove in between him and her. I didn't have a chance to explain she was my daughter. He probably thought I was so rude. Gosh, if I hadn't been aggressive I would have lost my chance to hug him. She just didn't get the urgency/need I had to be close to him. He seemed oblivious to my intent, just wanting to get this picture group done and move onto the next. I think everyone there was disappointed we didn't warrant a one-on-one pic. Both of us had our little speeches rehearsed too. We did each get to shake hands and tell him our names. He had the OFC and auction winners after us so 10 pix of 10 folks for our group still takes time. And of course nothing signed. I bet the PBS thing never happens again! Reality check, he might be my ‘one and only’ but he doesn’t know me from Adam (or Eve). Gosh, at least he didn't call over Jerome and put me on the 'list'. Oh, he was wearing the same outfit from Baltimore - hrmmph, and at the TV studio, must have slept in it, do you think?

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #130 on: February 24, 2011, 12:36:56 PM »
louemma70

I hesitate to even attempt to write this as I mostly lurk here but thought I would write a brief recap of my experience at the Charlotte concert. I live in Winston-Salem and drove down to Charlotte alone, much to my daughter's dismay, as she thinks a 76 year old woman should not go on a road trip alone. I've been following Clay since 2003 and back in the day I had several friends who were Clay fans that lived in the area. We would all travel to his concerts together and it was so much fun. However, one friend moved away and the others are no longer fans because of Clay's sexual orientation--their loss. Anyway, there was no way I was going to miss this concert. I also had the Meet and Greet. I was disappointed it turned out as it did but there really was nothing Clay could do. The station just sold too many M&G tickets. The PBS lady divided us into groups of 10 and I was in the first group. We took our place for the picture following the instructions from the photographer. A space was left in the front row for Clay. We waited a few minutes and then Jerome came out and said "everyone knows the rules, right?" A couple of people said "no--this is our first M&G." Then Jerome said "no touchy, feely, no cameras, no camcorders." In a few minutes Clay came out from behind a curtain on the right of us. I could not tell you what he was wearing because as soon as I saw him the "Aiken fog" set in. He was very cordial, greeted each person with a handshake, asked their name and then repeated their name. Then he posed in the center for the picture. Then we were ushered out of the room. There were about three groups of 10 waiting inside the room and a line of people that stretched out the door, up the steps on to the street for what looked like about 1/2 block.

While waiting for the M&G I struck up conversions with some other fans in my group who I now consider my new friends. There was a very nice NJU couple. I believe it was their first time seeing Clay. Also, there were two ladies who are Clay fans and one is a member of CV. After the M&G we were discussing where we could get a bite to eat before the concert and saw a little cafe right down the street so we went there. It was such fun to meet new friends and I appreciate so much that they included me so I did not have to eat alone.

The concert was awesome! I was in center orchestra, row P, and had a good view of the stage; however, there were several empty seats around me and throughout the auditorium which made me very sad. One of the ladies, Sandra, I met at the M&G was seated right across from me. There were four empty seats beside of me so when the concert started she moved over and sat with me. It was great fun to have someone to eeeeeee with! I loved Clay's outfit and he looked so relaxed and happy. As many have said there is just no comparison to seeing Clay live. What a wonderful entertainer he is! And last night he seemed so appreciative of his fans. I may not be recalling this exactly but when he was explaining about the cellcerts and clack and about there being empty seats, he said something to the effect that he didn't mind the cellcerts and the clack because in spite of all of that we kept coming to his concerts and had stuck with him for 8 years. I felt a tinge of sadness for it almost sounded like he was saying "goodbye." I hope he has gained more fans with this tour and that he never stops touring. Last night was my only concert. I wish so much I could have gone to Greenville but my husband has serious health problems and I just couldn't be away from him that long.

To my new friends, Jennie (shenwren), Sandra, Sheila and Troy, "thank you" for letting me hang out with you. You made my evening so much more enjoyable than it would have been. I hope we can meet again at the next Clay concert and may there be many, many more in the future.

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #131 on: February 24, 2011, 12:38:48 PM »
heartracerclay

He’s like the energizer bunny – dashing about the stage bantering at high speed. It was exhausting trying to keep your brain pinpointed on his delivery. Gracious, he’s quick-witted. Loved he made fun of loads of people and interacted with the whole theatre. All night long! He’s remembering all the new bits at each concert and then adding to them. That amazes me.

So we got a brand new set of duds, quite surprised me to see him in slacks as opposed to torn or holey jeans. Yeah, they were taupe, had a sheen to them, same color as his shoes.

As you all know, he goes from high octane tunes, to lush, tear-jerking ballads. It’s hard to keep the tears in check so you can focus on him. Really hard.

There never was a singer/entertainer that could rivet (moment) my attention for 2 hours like Clay. He spreads his magic dust around and captures our hearts, just like that. Plus, of course, he’s so handsome and sexy. Phew, WOW, and goodness gracious me.

No need for pyrotechnics, fancy costumes, flashing lights, and a crowded stage with insignificant dancers. Just pure Clay music in an intimate setting with a great band. Enough said.

Moonshot

• Administrator
  • Claymaniac
  • Yes. I AM a sexy beast.
« Reply #132 on: February 24, 2011, 02:06:28 PM »
Thanks Marilyn for your great reports. Sounded like a great show. Looking forward to Sunny and Michelle's reviews. Thanks Barb and Barb for joining us as always and you are welcome. See you tomorrow from Greenville, SC.

Uh, you really don't want my review.  :-\
Sometimes I think my whole life is spent in one long effort to escape the commonplaces of existence ~ Sherlock Holmes

Tiffany

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
« Reply #133 on: February 24, 2011, 03:48:08 PM »
It's whatever you want to do Michelle. I respect your opinion. :) I saw what you said on Facebook. That is very disappointing about the Meet and Greets and how much you spend for a handshake and group pic. Hope it can be better for you and Sunny on Sunday and you can get a pic with just Clay next time. And sorry you didn't care for the songs he sang in concert. Even though most of them are slow songs if you don't care for them you can't deny how wonderful his voice sounds anyway. That's the important thing. ;)

Tiffany

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
« Reply #134 on: February 24, 2011, 03:50:22 PM »
Saw a few pics of his new outfit. Nice color on him.

ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  Tried and True Tour 2011  |  CHARLOTTE, NC-BLUMENTHAL PERFORMING ARTS CENTER 2/23/10

gfxgfx
gfx