gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

gfx gfx
gfx
229532 Posts in 2574 Topics by 108 Members - Latest Member: CTLovesClay March 29, 2024, 08:24:06 AM
gfx* Home Help Login Register gfx
gfx
ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  Tried and True Tour 2011  |  BALTIMORE, MD-KRAUSHAAR AUDITORIUM 02/22/2011
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: BALTIMORE, MD-KRAUSHAAR AUDITORIUM 02/22/2011  (Read 36787 times)

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
Re: BALTIMORE, MD-KRAUSHAAR AUDITORIUM 02/22/2011
« Reply #120 on: February 23, 2011, 07:56:19 PM »
ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #121 on: February 23, 2011, 07:56:37 PM »

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #122 on: February 23, 2011, 07:56:58 PM »

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #123 on: February 23, 2011, 07:57:14 PM »

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #124 on: February 23, 2011, 07:57:33 PM »

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #125 on: February 23, 2011, 07:57:50 PM »

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #126 on: February 23, 2011, 07:58:06 PM »

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #127 on: February 23, 2011, 07:58:25 PM »

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #128 on: February 23, 2011, 10:09:45 PM »
chasandpeg

Just got home from work and haven't had a chance to post about last night's concert before now. This is my first attempt at posting after a show. It was total perfection from beginning to end. Clay's voice was so powerful and tender. His range is unbelievable and he is so down to earth, friendly and comfortable on stage. He is born to entertain. I took four co-workers with me that were not die hard fans, but had liked him. After the show they just couldn't say enough great things. One friend said, he just needs to have his own talk show, he just knows the right things to say and he is so funny. I thought that was so great because that's what we all think and of course that's one of Clay's dreams. Even today at work they were still raving about how fantastic the show was and they were telling others how wonderful he was. I think we might have some new fans. I done know how anyone that sees him wouldn't feel the same way.
I also had the PBS M&G. I was so nervous, but Clay is so warm and nice. I had taken a book my kindergarten children had made about how they could make the world a better place. We made it because I have four inclusion children that loved his song I Believe We Can. They would always hold their hands over their ears whenever I put on any music, but when I played that song, two of my autistic twins stood up and started dancing and singing. They knew every word. They said to me, can you believe a cartoon character can sing so good? Anyway, I gave it to Mary to give to him later and she saw it and said to Clay, "Peggy has a gift for you. I want her to tell you about it and then I'll take it for you after." I think I stuttered over my words and I don't really know what I said. I just was looking into his eyes and lost all rational coherent thoughts. I wasn't expecting to tell him about it. He said thank you so much and then autographed my Clay bag and then moved me to his other side for the picture. I remember putting my arm around him and feeling his around me and thinking he was so cuddly and warm. I did lean in and I probably had a huge goofy smile on my face. He looked so good. Very smooth beautiful skin and clean shaven. Now I just have to find out how to get the M&G pictures. They never told us what to do to get the pictures. They were unorganized as others have said.
I had also bought other tickets from ticketmaster because I was afraid the seats from PBS would not be good if and when I received them. So I ended up sitting in row D right in the middle. It was so close and such a intimate concert. I did take some pictures and some video but I am not good at technology at all and I have no idea how to post them. I don't think they are nearly as good as most of the others posted here.
Clay keeps saying how much he loves to tour, so I'm hopeful that he will continue to tour for many years to come. I know I'll be there whenever he does. I have one more show in Glenside. But I really want to find a way to go to more shows. I guess it's a total Clay addiction!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #129 on: February 24, 2011, 12:32:59 PM »
The following Scarlett clips from the Baltimore concert are on You Tube as of a little bit ago:

Who's Sorry Now Opening Banter: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zM2DLB-jc84

Who's Sorry Now Motown: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-NPXYQD6KA

Who's Sorry Now Acoustic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjP5lJ53Km0

Who's Sorry Now A cappella: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8JsE6QgFAw

Who's Sorry Now Rag Time: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWkj9lT2eps

Clay sure sounded 'purdy' singing without accompaniment; and, Quianna was on her game. *g*

Links can travel.

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #130 on: February 28, 2011, 11:54:03 PM »
justclay12
Since my memory is crap, I won't be writing recaps but as I remember stuff, I'll post some of what I remember. I went to the Pittsburgh and Cleveland shows last weekend, Towson on Tuesday, and Westbury and Philly this past weekend. First want to say thank yous to all my Clay buds that I hung out with: Allclaylong, Canfly, Scarlett, Sparky, Weak4clay, and YYG. I had the best time. And I met so many other Clay fans that post here and at other boards that I have seen many times over the years.

The Towson show may have been my favorite because I took my daughter and I sat next to a couple who hadn't kept up with Clay. She loved him but had only seen him on TV. He said he sang well enough but he was more a fan of Kelly, Carrie, and Adam (I think a lot of his feelings were more about the fake image of Clay that some people have). I think he came because the show was for 50's and 60's music, which he liked. During the show he kept saying how much he liked how Clay was doing this or that song and was laughing and commenting on Clay's banter. He even raised his hand during the "Who's Sorry Now" bit and Clay called on him but he suggested something already done so I told him to check out youtube. After Clay sang UM, he said he had never heard that version before and how impressed he was. He was kind of booking to get out of there after though so didn't get a chance to talk more but as I passed his wife, she said she loved it and wanted to go to another one. I told her about Philly but she said she didn't think she could push her husband that much. I did tell her to check out some of the Clay boards and she could find out more about what he's been doing. My daughter enjoyed the show and loved "In My Life" but hated that some woman kept calling out "We love you more". Another reason that I liked this show a lot was because so much was going wrong and Clay was playing it up for all it was worth. Joked about the lighting guy several times and said his sound guy would probably quit after the show because of all the work involved since Clay would go back in front of and behind the amps so the sound guy had to adjust stuff so the mic wouldn't squeal.

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #131 on: March 03, 2011, 10:57:53 PM »
cravingclay

In fact, I've enjoyed all the recaps, but I don't often post my appreciation. I never did post a recap from my M&G and concert in Towson last week. Think I'm still in the fog. Someone did ask him a question about any Unicef plans and I think he said that there has been some talk but nothing that he was going to be doing anytime soon. At that point I was trying to figure out how to get a word in edgewise to ask a question (I never did get to ask anything) and I missed what he said.

A sort of interesting little tidbit. Someone asked him if he realized what a big splash he made when he made the appearance on AI5 with the new hair. He said he didn't think he made any big splash and that the whole thing was just "stupid." She also asked if he still had that suit. He said "was it purple?" and she said no she thought it was brown. He said he didn't remember which one it was but he likely didn't have it anymore because it probably wouldn't fit him now. Someone else said that was the best hair ever and he wanted to know why everybody was always talkin' about his hair.

Just as I was about to ask my question, he started reading off the order for the picture taking and I got shut out. Next time (which there probably won't ever be) I'll have to be rude and interrupt in order to be able to actually talk to him.

After the picture I said, "Thank you, Clay" and he said, "no, thank you." Awwwww

My DH attended the concert with me and really enjoyed it. The lighting was an issue, but the bit with the 2 sisters in the spotlight was comedy gold. Unfortunately, the woman who was yelling out during In My Life was sitting in the row behind us. Between her and the 2 young girls chatting it up during "Both Sides Now" I was a bit annoyed. I turned around and gave the girls a "look" and they shut up.

I wish we could have gone to a 2nd show. Probably should have gone to Glenside as it was only about a 2 hour drive, but $$ and time were not on our side for that. So I'll treasure the M&G and the fact I at least got to go to 1 show that was local.

Tiffany

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
« Reply #132 on: March 07, 2011, 11:36:01 PM »
Thanks to Johanna that posted it in the CM thread. This video is the 94 year old lady at this concert Clay was interesting in talking to that night and also the 13 year old is sitting on the other side of Clay. He's really sweet to this woman. It's wonderful that he told her next time he's touring around Baltimore again she'll get a ticket to see him for free. Hope she can be around still then when it happens. Anyway, this video is so sweet. A Must Watch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbGyiHZZq9o&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2veb-cMLU4&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rlsk-Ku_AsM&feature=player_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCtl9IvSU2s&feature=player_embedded

ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  Tried and True Tour 2011  |  BALTIMORE, MD-KRAUSHAAR AUDITORIUM 02/22/2011

gfxgfx
gfx