gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

gfx gfx
gfx
229527 Posts in 2574 Topics by 108 Members - Latest Member: CTLovesClay March 28, 2024, 09:43:21 PM
gfx* Home Help Login Register gfx
gfx
ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  Tried and True Tour 2011  |  ATLANTA, GA-COBB ENERGY CENTER 02/16/2011
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: ATLANTA, GA-COBB ENERGY CENTER 02/16/2011  (Read 16109 times)

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
Re: ATLANTA, GA-COBB ENERGY CENTER 02/16/2011
« Reply #90 on: February 17, 2011, 06:24:05 PM »
ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #91 on: February 17, 2011, 06:24:22 PM »

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #92 on: February 17, 2011, 06:24:47 PM »

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #93 on: February 17, 2011, 06:25:06 PM »

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #94 on: February 17, 2011, 06:25:49 PM »

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #95 on: February 17, 2011, 06:26:06 PM »

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #96 on: February 17, 2011, 06:26:24 PM »

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #97 on: February 17, 2011, 11:45:44 PM »
2old4clay

Arrived home around 6 P.M. from my drive back to Atlanta. I came this - close to continuing on to Knoxville for tonight. I never realized that it was only 200 miles from Atlanta. But I had no ticket, the seating was already messed up so if I looked would I have found one I would be happy with, and I had no hotel room. Absolutely no plans, and the thought of then driving back to Florida 700 miles instead of only 500 miles clinched the decision. I even brought extra clothes just in case I made a last minute decision to go.

Haven't watched the clack from In My Life, but I must say, as everything...it was priceless to be there and see it. Hopefully Clay can understand the many reasons for the cellcerts...people too ill, or financially strapped, or live too far away...who love and support him, but just can't do it. In addition many of us buy more than one seat and donate or pass on or sell the extra one, so we all work hard at making it happen. And as others have said, perhaps the excitement from listening will encourage some to go when they had previously decided not to attend. Many good and positve reasons he should know about.

I was mesmerized last night by Clay's movements while singing Crying with Quiana. Although I understand what he means that he watches her mouth to see the vocal changes during the duet, but last night it seemed as though he was trying to keep control of his hand not to reach out and touch her. He reached out slightly and then came back and clutched his sweater as if trying to hold himself back. Perhaps I was the only one who noticed, or perhaps I am imagining but it seemed (even though he was singing with a little smirk on his face) as though he was a bit overwhelmed by their connection last night. I'm going to look for the clack and see if it still appears that way to me.

I hope we get Quiana's Cry Me A River, it is just beautiful. I am not too fond of the London Town song, as I do not like jazzy arrangements...but she does both extraordinarily well.

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #98 on: February 18, 2011, 10:33:42 PM »
hippoga

Goodness, what an experience our "twofer" in Atlanta and Knoxville was!!! I can't stop watching the In My Life banter from Atlanta. Imagine those eyes staring right at you! I am sorry the cellcert from Atlanta was just a plain phone one. The one from Knoxville was on AAIT's version 4 iPhone . It was better than my version 3. (If you are going to a concert and have an iPhone 4, please consider cellcerting. It's effortless....and sometimes exciting!!!)

I picked up AAIT at the airport and we went to base camp at a friend's house in Snellville. After freshening up, we headed to dinner. Picked up another friend along the way and had a great cajun meal with 10 fan friends before the show. Did I mention I was driving my friend's fancy black cadillac? So much fun! We had PBS tickets in the pit for Atlanta. Our PBS station did me proud! There were about 40 people in our M&G. We lined up against a wall and then the PBS representative told us how much they appreciated our support and then Jerome explained the "procedure". Clay would come down the line and sign one thing and then the PBS photographer would take our picture. It went really smoothly. We were kind of at the end so we could watch him come down the line. He made a few remarks about some of the items, especially about the ones where he was "young". The girl beside me had a "The Way" CD and I had a Tried and True picture so I held mine next to hers so he could see the "then and now"!

My Snellville friend told Clay it was her first M&G, to which he replied "It's not my first"! He looked at my next friend and said, it's not HER first either, and then he recognized me, too. That's kind of a neat feeling, I must admit! He really looked good. Hair brown and soft. He said "everyone keeps talking about my hair, I'm going to shave it off" as he came by me. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! YALE sweatshirt and jeans, just a little stubble. I am not a stubble person and I'm hoping for ONE clean shaven show at the ones I'm attending! LOL!
Here we are!

It was over much too soon. We went out into the lobby and had a great time meeting old friends! We had an active fan group here in Georgia in years past and there was much laughter and hugging as we met again to enjoy the man who brought us together.

Our second row seat was really first row because the first row began a few seats in from ours. I was torn as to whether to video or just watch the show. I decided to just watch...but then I couldn't stand it! I did video most of the show but it's not going to be great because the lighting was too bright. (Later AAIT taught me how to adjust the brightness so I'll do better next time!) I also took some pictures (more about that to follow!). It was a great show! He spent a lot of time over on our side of the stage, too. His voice was strong and clear but just beautiful, too. Words really can't do justice, the clack barely does. He is handsome and soulful one minute and then a giggly boy the next! He wore a navy sweater with his jeans, looked like a white shirt, blue tie. I really don't know if he saw my cellphone or whether he saw someone else's because mine was between my legs! I realized I wasn't sitting very ladylike! LOL! The audience in Atlanta was good and the bottom orchestra looked full. It probably looked good from the stage. There are some nice pictures on the Atlanta Journal Constitution website which most of you have probably seen. My least favorite part of the show was the autotune part, my favorite was Unchained Melody and the encores.

I POSTED THE KNOXVILLE PART OF HER RECAP IN THE KNOXVILLE THREAD

ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  Tried and True Tour 2011  |  ATLANTA, GA-COBB ENERGY CENTER 02/16/2011

gfxgfx
gfx