gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

gfx gfx
gfx
229512 Posts in 2574 Topics by 108 Members - Latest Member: CTLovesClay March 28, 2024, 07:32:55 AM
gfx* Home Help Login Register gfx
gfx
ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  Tried and True Tour 2011  |  ATLANTA, GA-COBB ENERGY CENTER 02/16/2011
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: ATLANTA, GA-COBB ENERGY CENTER 02/16/2011  (Read 16107 times)

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
ATLANTA, GA-COBB ENERGY CENTER 02/16/2011
« on: July 29, 2010, 10:34:36 PM »
From lilred at the CB.....

ATLANTA -- Cobb Energy Center -- February 16
from email I just received...

Subject: Re: PBS and Atlanta
Thanks! This is what she asked me to share with the Georgia fans. Please pass it along far and wide as you think best )
Debi

PBA30, AtlantaPBS station will premiere Clay Aiken: Tried and True on Saturday, July 31 @8pm with an encore at 9:30pm.

As a pledge incentive, PBA30 will offer on-air a limited number of VIP PIT Meet and Greet (pre-show)
tickets as well as a limited number of PIT tickets to Clays Live Atlanta concert February 16, 2011!
As a bonus to those tickets, PBA30 will also include the DVD and CD from the show! Additionally, PBA will have
great PREMIUM seats at Cobb Energy Centre (PRE PUBLIC SALE of tickets!) available. Members are seated
on a first-pledge, first-seat basis.
Clay visited the studios of PBA30 recently and shared with PBAs Alicia Steele some great insight about the
program and interesting information about his life and career! So please be sure to tune in, and support,
PBA30 Atlantas PBS station, this Saturday at 8pm!
« Last Edit: July 29, 2010, 10:46:30 PM by Marilyn »
ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
Re: ATLANTA, GA-COBB ENERGY CENTER 02/16/2011
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2010, 01:21:39 AM »
General sale tickets may also be purchased through Ticketmaster.com or any Ticketmaster outlet.

Venue: John A. Williams Theatre @ The Cobb Energy Centre
Venue website: http://www.cobbenergycentre.com/
Venue Capacity: 2750
Address: 2800 Cobb Galleria Parkway Atlanta, GA 30339
Phone: Info only: 770-916-2800
Seating Chart: LINK
« Last Edit: August 22, 2010, 06:51:45 PM by Marilyn »

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2010, 11:17:14 PM »
Thank you for contacting Georgia Public Broadcasting. Yes! we will air Clay Aiken on Sunday, August 1st @ 9:30pm. We will broadcast Clay Aiken again on Tues, August 3rd at 7pm and Saturday, August 7th @ 2am.

I have listed the thank you gifts that are available when you make a donation to Georgia Public Broadcasting. If you have additional questions, please contact the Member & Audience Services Department at 404-685-4788 or 1-800-222-4788. A representative is available to assist you Monday thru Friday 9:00am to 5:00pm.

Best regards,
Joniese White

Clay Aiken – Tried &True: Live! Live 8/1 9:30PM PPCA70 Digital Download, Clay Aiken: Tried & True $55
PPCA33 CD, Clay Aiken: Tried & True $65
PPCA52 DVD, Clay Aiken – Tried & True: Live! $75
PPCA62 Combo: DVD, Clay Aiken – Tried & True: Live! + Deluxe 2-disc set, Clay Aiken: Tried & True $125
PPCA63 Ticket Combo: Pair of tickets to see Clay Aiken at the Cobb Energy Performing Arts Center on 2/16/2011 in Atlanta + CD, Clay Aiken: Tried & True $225

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2010, 11:45:12 PM »
REPORT FROM HOTLANTA:

Sally just called me for an "intervention" with the Atlanta Concert tickets. Not really -- she had already spent $500 for two front row (pit) tickets w/ M&Gs, DVD, CD, the whole kit and kaboodle!!!

She asked Phone Lady if they were receiving lots of calls. "Oh, yes." Sally told her if Atlanta keeps bringing Clay Aiken back, the station will get lots of memberships because he has a huge, loyal fan base willing to spend big bucks to see him.

I think Phone Lady is a believer!

One thing Sally mentioned is that before they would talk to her about concert tickets, they wanted to know her zip code. She got the feeling Atlanta would like to keep the concert local.

ETA: She also said that Clay looked good and talked great on the pledge breaks.

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2010, 12:03:55 AM »
FROM HIPPOGA AT CV

Another Georgia fan checking in!!! I can't get the PBS channel that broadcast the special over in Athens, so I'm at a friend's house (Ruthie! Thank you!) with three other fans! Good times! Next we're going to watch some of the Timeless Tour and THEN listen to the cellcert from Reno! Did I mention that I AM spending the night!? LOL!

As Chris said, the special was incredible!!! Clay was so handsome! His hair looked a lot like it did in the special but brownish-red instead of the blondish-red and with a few more spikes in the top. Of course, we know it was a "canned" appearance but if you were watching at home, it appeared that he was live in the studio. The hostess was animated and vibrant and she and Clay seemed to have a good rapport. Now, this station is one of the ones that has tickets to a Feb concert as a pledge gift. Clay talked about how much better the concert would be. It will be longer, have songs that didn't make the show, songs he recorded but didn't make the album and songs he wanted to record in the future. Sounds practically perfect to me!!! Two pit seats and M&G were $500 which is pretty rich for my blood but I took the plunge with a friend and we're gonna do it! I don't know how many M&G's there are. The station is running the special back to back and at the end of the first one, they were only advertising premium tickets, no pit tickets. However, in the first break in the second broadcast, they did have M&G tickets. I can't remember which one of the breaks it was but he also mentioned how he liked to interact with the crowd and how much he liked the feedback from the crowd. Hopefully they'll applaud, he said! He said he talks to people in the audience and sometime they talk back. US? Talk back?! He mentioned how PBS is a part of people's lives. He used to fall asleep at his grandmother's house during her soap operas and then she would wake him up for "Sesame St". Then when he was a teacher, he would have 'Arthur" on in the morning when the kids came into class. Now he has a son and they watch PBS in the morning...but I can't remember the show he named. (I'll try to edit this report when I watch my tape.) He talked about how he and Ruben hadn't performed together in 7 years and how Ruben has an infectious personality and he loves his voice.
Hostess talked about all the "amazing things" he has done from double platinum album, book, Broadway, foundation, UNICEF. Clay said he was tired! And he said his line about how everything is better than the previous one and that he never dreamed he would have his own PBS special. Also told the story about how his mom wanted him to record UM and go to Nashville. Talked about how the shows on PBS are member supported and geared towards what the members want. In the last segment, they talked about how "Clay knows something about voting" and Clay said to call in an pledge during the program so he would get the credit!

It was wonderful to see "In My Life" again! I'm glad that I have a copy of it now!

If CV needs a copy to this broadcast, I think my friend can get it to us

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2010, 06:49:38 PM »

Clay Aiken
Feb 16, 2011 (Wed)
John A. Williams Theatre
Following in the wake of a critically acclaimed tour with fellow American Idol alum, Ruben Studdard, Clay Aiken is hitting the road once again. The performer extraordinaire will hit 20 cities across the U.S. beginning on February 10, 2011 hitting famed venues including a stop in Atlanta on February 16.

The singer announces "on-sales" on the heels of the July 27th DVD release of "Tried & True Live!" The special LIVE DVD captures Clay's first PBS concert special, "Tried & True," now airing across the country. The DVD showcases the singer’s March 10th performance in his hometown of Raleigh, NC, as well as exclusive material not seen on Public Television, and a bonus EPK on the making of his latest CD, Tried & True. Tried & True was released June 1st on Decca, and made an impressive debut in the Top 10 of Billboard’s Top 200 Album Chart. Considered the record Aiken was always meant to record, the disc is comprised of songs from the ’50s and ’60s that are personal favorites of the singers’ he grew up listening to as a child. Clay will continue to perform these standards on the national "Tried & True" tour.

Tickets
TBA

Tiffany

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2011, 08:02:18 AM »
This concert starts at 8 EST tonight. I hopefully can make the cellcert. Leaving VA this afternoon. See ya then. Don't know of anyone from here going but Think this one will be good attendance this time.

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2011, 07:21:52 PM »
Here in the front row waiting for the MAN!!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2011, 08:04:32 PM »
Cellcerter had a M &G -he had a yellow hoodie and his face had stubble. She said he was so sweet. Someone gave him a horoscope that said he was lethal today-she told him he was always lethal, and she put it in his pocket-so he was telling everyone that he got molested!!

Tiffany

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2011, 08:14:30 PM »
Hello I made it.

"Cameras are ok but no flashes!"

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2011, 08:15:11 PM »
We had a good connection, then there was a ton of loud buzzing, and we lost the signal. It looks like CH had the same problem, and they are doing a different connection.

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2011, 08:19:52 PM »
LOVE STORY

KIND OF HUSH

GOT KICKED OUT OF CM AGAIN, DEMMIT

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2011, 08:23:53 PM »
CLAY SAID ONLY A FEW GUYS IN FIRST FEW ROWS WHICH MADE HIM THINK THERE WERE MANY SPOUSES AT HOME. HOWEVER, THE GUYS THAT DID COME MIGHT REAP THE BENEFITS OF THE LOVE SONGS WHEN THEY GET HOME

OR SOMETHING TO THAT EFFECT  ;D

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2011, 08:26:19 PM »
WHAT KIND OF FOOL AM I

CAN'T TAKE MY EYES OFF YOU

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2011, 08:29:53 PM »
SOMETHING ABOUT US

ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  Tried and True Tour 2011  |  ATLANTA, GA-COBB ENERGY CENTER 02/16/2011

gfxgfx
gfx