gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

gfx gfx
gfx
229524 Posts in 2574 Topics by 108 Members - Latest Member: CTLovesClay March 28, 2024, 06:47:47 PM
gfx* Home Help Login Register gfx
gfx
ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  Tried and True Tour 2011  |  GLENSIDE, PA-KESWICK THEATER 02/27/2011
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: GLENSIDE, PA-KESWICK THEATER 02/27/2011  (Read 31529 times)

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
Re: GLENSIDE, PA-KESWICK THEATER 02/27/2011
« Reply #75 on: March 01, 2011, 07:59:13 PM »

ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #76 on: March 01, 2011, 08:16:06 PM »

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #77 on: March 01, 2011, 09:22:57 PM »
pt88

I went with my friend to last night’s concert. She lives in Philly area and she’d never been to a Clay concert. The only two things she knows about him is American idol and gay   But after the concert she can’t stop talking about how wonderful Clay is. She said he is very handsome, very funny, loves his fans very much and his voice is so beautiful on every notes and he talks a lot (as always).  Her favorite is UM (so do I), we both did the standing-O! We had a great time last night. But she had no ideal about the screams when Clay did the shirt-tugging thingy.   

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #78 on: March 01, 2011, 09:31:26 PM »
forever fan

I was at the concert last night with old friends and new friends who were totally blown away by Clay! It was fabulous and kept a smile on my face the whole time! I was sitting right next to Scarlett so I tried not to block her views with my clapping or standing. It was very funny when Clay was talking to her. He was adorable, funny and powerful with his voice. My mom GrandmaJoan got to meet Clay in the PBS meet & greet so we can't wait for her to get the picture

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #79 on: March 02, 2011, 10:59:38 AM »
My meet and greet pic-

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #80 on: March 02, 2011, 11:09:32 AM »
claystouch

Trying to gather coherent thoughts after a show like last night is like trying to recall a dream from which you were awaken too early. But I’m going to try.
Shari and I (my name is Kammy btw  ) got these tickets a couple weeks ago on ticketmaster. We have been to MANY Clay concerts…loved him from the beginning, but as two moms of young children, couldn’t afford many of the ‘scalper’ seats that some regular attendees had the luxury of possessing.

So when I pulled up seats in the pit, I literally cried. And when we got to the show and saw that there was no one in front of us so we were actually in 1st row…well needless to say that we were in awe of how close our boyfriend was going to be. Now Shari and I hadn’t seen Clay live since 2007. Life and geography made it impossible for us. It just never fit. We decided though, living so close to Cincinnati, that this show was a MUST for us.

Ok, so had a hard time hiding our appreciation…we were in SHOCK at how amazing he looked and sounded, and how real and close he was. It didn’t take long for him to notice the effect he had on us…especially Shari. I think after he looked her dead in the eyes and sang “There’s something ‘bout the way your lips invite” and she literally fell over on me, he knew it was ‘on’…he was going to drive us all crazy that night and OMG he did.
He sat at the end of the stage for something like 12 minutes…he finally took Shari’s phone and filmed himself thanking her for coming and for boosting his ego 7 points. The banter was amazing, ladies. He SOOO enjoyed listening to our reactions to him…absolutely ate it up.

I saw that something was going on in front of the stage and my first instinct was that someone was sick/hurt…but Clay smoothed it over nicely and I actually decided it must have been some technical error or problem with official filming or something…Clay was great about not drawing any more attention to this woman and making her night any harder than it already was.

When he sang “The Real Me” GAHHH…his voice was sooo incredibly tender.

At the buses, he saw Shari, patted her back, giggled, and thanked her for making his night! He was wearing shorts so he had to boogy.
I’m still in a fog! I have the video from Shari’s phone where he filmed himself but the audio is WAY off from his lips so I’ll have to figure out a way to fix that and I’ll post a link here later today. It’s amazing footage. He was glowing.

Wish I could afford another concert!

"He's never enough, but still he's more than I can take"-Kelly
Yeah that about sums it up.

PHILLYLUVSCLAY

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
« Reply #81 on: March 02, 2011, 12:57:43 PM »
GREAT PIC, MARILYN.... ;D

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #82 on: March 02, 2011, 01:01:20 PM »
joanie

When I drove to the Keswick in Glenside in the afternoon I was surprised to see that it was an old movie theatre restored, but it turned out to be really lovely inside. Glenside reminded me of a quaint little town that would probably roll up the sidewalks at 9:30 pm during the week, maybe midnight on a Saturday.

I had one of the PBS M&G, with 90 other people, but at least we got individual pictures with Clay. I had forgotten how handsome Jerome is. I have no recollection of the picture at all. God only knows where I was looking at the time Mary snapped it. Clay was cute in his shorts and sweatshirt. I was surprised to see his skinny, white legs.

The seats weren’t too roomy but there was enough leg room. My seat was next to a man with long, gray hair, maybe in his 50's. He was reading the program when I sat down; after a minute or so I asked him if he was a Claymate. When he didn’t answer immediately I thought uh-oh, but he was just thinking about his answer, which was “I enjoy his music.” I asked him if he’d seen Clay in concert before, which he hadn’t. So I asked him what made him decide to come to this one. He said his son goes to Johnson College and they had some tickets so he was asked to go (his son was there but seated elsewhere.) I told him he was in for a treat. He asked my how many times I’d seen Clay; when I said between 50 and 60 he seemed really surprised. I noticed he applauded for every song Clay and Quiana sang. He also clapped along through SM.

I think Ben’s intro music was cut short due to concert starting late. I only remember hearing a bit of Love Story, and Moon River.

On my other side were two guys who I think were a couple probably in their 40's. One next to me had a camera with a big zoom lens. He had the flash off and took many, many pictures of Clay. He also had a booming laugh, and really liked all of Clay’s one-liners. I didn’t see him applaud but he was holding the camera the entire time. I noticed his partner was bopping along with his knees.

Clay had some rough notes, the first one in Love Story. I noticed they weren’t on high notes, but when he came to a high note it was as though he was determined to really make it, and he did, as evidenced by the goosebumps on my arms when he hit them. He looked really handsome and thin on stage. I loved his banter with the audience. He was so interested when someone suggested Mummer’s as a music style. He’d never heard of the New Year’s Day Mummers Parade of string bands, which has been a tradition for many years. I hope someone has told him by now. He was good on the “yodeling” but I believe he can yodel as it’s close to what he’s done on Those Magic Changes and Broadway Backwards. The audience was very responsive and respectful. While Clay was singing you could have heard a pin drop.

When Clay talked to Scarlett, I explained to the guy next to me that Scarlett was the woman who had been sitting way on the left side and someone told her to move up to third row. I told him we’d have the whole concert to download later; he seemed surprised. I asked him if he was a Clay fan from the beginning and he was. He also said they listened to Clay the entire time on the over 3 hour drive to the concert. Nice to have NJU sitting on both sides.

During the concert at Glenside, don't remember which song it was, but I'd swear I heard strings like violin

mrs. c.

• Claymaniac
  • Clay's Buttercup
« Reply #83 on: March 02, 2011, 01:02:31 PM »
Love your M&G pic Marilyn!!!
Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away!
Baby you can drive my car
Magnificently eye frelled in Clio

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #84 on: March 02, 2011, 01:09:10 PM »
Thanks Philly and mrs. c

He is so special

mrs. c.

• Claymaniac
  • Clay's Buttercup
« Reply #85 on: March 02, 2011, 02:20:56 PM »
Gads there's some amazing pictures here :P
Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away!
Baby you can drive my car
Magnificently eye frelled in Clio

Tiffany

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
« Reply #86 on: March 02, 2011, 02:58:30 PM »
You make a great couple Marilyn. ;D He looks so close to you. Love that smile.

Sasha

• Claymaniac
« Reply #87 on: March 04, 2011, 06:46:31 AM »
Marilyn....   great picture of you and Clay...

Sasha

Tiffany

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
« Reply #88 on: March 04, 2011, 02:46:21 PM »
Good to see you here Sasha. :)

Sasha

• Claymaniac
« Reply #89 on: March 05, 2011, 01:24:17 PM »
hi Tiff....... :)

Sasha

ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  Tried and True Tour 2011  |  GLENSIDE, PA-KESWICK THEATER 02/27/2011

gfxgfx
gfx