gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

gfx gfx
gfx
229522 Posts in 2574 Topics by 108 Members - Latest Member: CTLovesClay March 28, 2024, 06:30:39 PM
gfx* Home Help Login Register gfx
gfx
ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  Tried and True Tour 2011  |  GLENSIDE, PA-KESWICK THEATER 02/27/2011
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: GLENSIDE, PA-KESWICK THEATER 02/27/2011  (Read 31527 times)

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
Re: GLENSIDE, PA-KESWICK THEATER 02/27/2011
« Reply #60 on: February 28, 2011, 06:23:32 PM »
(canfly172 @ Feb 28 2011, 04:46 AM)
My vid of Clay bantering with Scarlett:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWgQgYQP2GI

ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #61 on: February 28, 2011, 06:25:01 PM »
Glenside request medley (canfly172)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2s6wL87VoA

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #62 on: February 28, 2011, 06:41:54 PM »
Magical Music

I want to share a NJU story, however it's no longer a NJU story. She's one of us now. Last weekend a college gal who's a new fan went to her first Clay concert. This weeked she went to Westbury and Glenside with me and 2 other friends. She had a PBS meet and greet and got a handshake by the bus. She told us she was afraid she was hooked and kept saying how great Clay was. We played MOAM in the car several times during our travels and she loudly sang along. Her boyfriend is also a big fan. He attended his first concert last night and remarked that he wished he had been to see a Clay concert sooner.

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #63 on: February 28, 2011, 06:42:31 PM »
Scarlett's "Suspicious Minds" clip has been uploaded to You Tube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gICjbANRYcE

This one will make everyone smile; it's So Clay; and, the audience really gets into the song. *g*

Scarlett's "Jazzy Medley" from Westbury is also at You Tube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYP4lKBHygE

Links can travel.

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #64 on: February 28, 2011, 06:56:17 PM »
Robyn428 Glenside concert clips uploaded to You Tube:

Unchained Melody: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbU5Cpft0gs

Both Sides Now: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2xXe8Sqvkk

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #65 on: February 28, 2011, 11:36:44 PM »
From GCA:

QUOTE (psparky @ Feb 28 2011, 06:54 PM)
I just wanted post that I was at last nights concert and Clay was wonderful! His his voice did crack a little but the story below will make you see that "we" are his worst critics!

I had two extra tickets to last nights show and I gave them to a women I work with. The important thing to remember is she had no idea who he was, except for the fact that my office is plastered with his pictures. She was excited to go though and took her husband. I walked up to her today and she was "still under the Clay glow"! Yes ladies she loved him! She thought he was adorable, sexy and talented! She said she now understands why I love him so much. Another bonus was her husband loved the show too! I loved the fact that she went with no preconceived opinion formed, just went with an open mind and LOVED HIM! I mentioned his voice was a little hoarse and he had a few cracks in his voice, she didn't even notice them! She loved ever song and every moment of the concert. Anyway, for the first time in 8 years I finally got someone I work to go see him and she was thrilled! The good thing is that she told everyone she saw that he was "wonderful". If people can see him and not prejudge him..they will see the "magic" in his talent!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #66 on: February 28, 2011, 11:45:56 PM »
jasr9203
In my dreams LOL. I know I mentioned on the cert last night how unbelievably gorgeous he was. I felt it from the moment we saw him at the meet and moo. And while I always think he looks good, something was emanating from him last night. I guess it was a quiet sensuality. Sometimes he radiates sensuality in a more powerful way, but last night it was different. I was truly shocked that we each had an individual picture and were able to have something signed, such a pleasant surprise. I am praying that I leaned in more this time, I think I did but who remembers anything after having that arm around you. LOL As others have mentioned, he was a little scratchy out of the gate but as his voice warmed up he sounded just fine. More than fine. His interpretations of these songs are so mature yet tender. What he does with songs like Both Sides Now and In My Life shows just what a craftsman he is with his voice. Like a sculpter who takes that block of marble and turns it into an object of pure beauty.

At my first three concerts I had very emotional reactions to lots of his performances. Last night he was touching me in a different way. In a purely vocal way. I think because it was my last show I wasn't allowing myself to connect emotionally. Going back and watching the clack from last night today, I am getting that emotional reaction. I think I was protecting myself last night because I had no more shows left. This concert series has left me feeling like no other he has done. The show is a work of art and the songs are a perfect tapestry for his voice.

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #67 on: February 28, 2011, 11:47:11 PM »
chasandpeg
OMG the pictures posted just make me drool. Thanks so much for posting them. Also, thanks to all for the awesome clack.

The concert last night in Glenside was amazing. Clay looked and sang beautifully and was so funny and at ease on stage. His speaking voice was hoarse, but he still nailed the power notes. He had a couple of cracks in the softer songs, but it was hardly noticeable especially to the NJU people. Did anybody notice that when Clay was doing the autotune bit he said maybe he would make his next DC robot music so it could get on the radio? I know he was joking about the robot music, but just the fact he said his next CD, made me think he is planning to do one in the future.

I went with my DH and he said Clay was great! He said he was funny and really talented and he didn't understand why he wasn't more popular or why he wasn't offered a Vegas show. He thought maybe when the economy turns around more people would attend his shows. I was so happy that he saw what I see.

We were sitting next to two sisters that had never been to a show and didn't own any CD's. They loved him and thought he was fantastic. They said, their mom had passed away last month and they really needed that. He made them feel so much better and they were going to buy his CD.

It's so nice to hear about new fans and we all know the more people that hear him live, the more fans he will have. There is nothing like Clay live! Hearing him in person just doesn't compare to listening to the CD as beautiful as it is. You just need the whole package and quite a package it is. The package is shown off very nicely, too in many of your pictures.

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #68 on: February 28, 2011, 11:56:19 PM »
justclay12

At Philly, they were going after some people in the beginning but didn't act like they were hunting down rabid dogs or something. Jerome did go after some people who were using flash and I swear, one woman a few rows behind me must have had some damn spotlight or something because it lit up several rows. Wasn't sorry he went after her. The whole Scarlett banter was priceless and after the show, people were calling for Scarlett and when she went to them, it was because Faye wanted to meet her. Faye actually thanked Scarlett for her videos and said that she downloads clack to show her mother. Scarlett was so tickled by this and I think she now is a fan of Faye as well as Clay. And when we went out to the bus, she was at the end of the line, and I think we can thank her for the busline. Clay came out still dressed up, and I'm not sure if he was going to do it. It looked like he was just going to thank us for coming but he saw Scarlett and came down to tell her that he does know what she looks like, because he'd been joking during the show that he wouldn't recognize her without the lens. Then he went up the line touching hands, where I got another hand touch. My first was at Pittsburgh (I think). He has warm hands, which was good because my hands were frozen by that point. And then I helped Scarlett celebrate. In spite of all the times she has met or seen Clay and she is still as fangirly as the first time. She really is adorable.

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #69 on: March 01, 2011, 12:03:15 AM »
cagney150

My Glenside Recap

Last night was my one and only show for this tour and I was beyond excited. Life right now does not permit fun travel and luckily this show was practically in my backyard-just an hour and half away.

I have never had a M&G although during the Spamalot run I did have a pic with Clay through the Broadway Cares donation opportunity. Even though I have entered every possible contest for a M & G for my 30+ shows, the M&G has eluded me. Thanks to vjm's quick action though we had PBS M & Gs through the Allentown station. I had hoped that it would be the format in which he would answer questions. I love to hear him talk. But with the numbers who eventually secured a PBS M&G, that just wasn't going to to happen. I did enjoy the opportunity to briefly meet Clay and have a pic. I have no memory if I had any contact with his body. And only after seeing today's amazing pictures, did I realize he had some serious stubble action going on. I enjoyed watching Clay interact with vjm (he made a cute comment about her hometown) and vjm's two sisters who are more NJUs. (They absolutley loved the show and think is adorable).

A couple cute things while we waited for the M&G. Jerome (who was looking quite fit I might add) was going over instructions about pose protocal. He reported that some women will take their hand and start rubbing Clay's back. Jerome demonstrated causing giggles throughout the crowd. He informed us that he didn't care if we were 8 or 80, he would have to intervene if that happened. He said it sweetly, though, and added that those who did that were probably not even aware what their hand was doing. Yeah, right.

Another nice thing that happened while we were waiting is that I got to meet farouche who was standing right in back of us. When she talked about having her camera signed, I thought I should have brought my binoculars which has a sticker from the NAT. Ah, next M & G. Farouche and I both discovered that we wanted Clay to sing "folk-Bob Dylan style." Farouche, did you ever yell that out? I was too far back to be heard. I did yell "DoWap" and I heard several others in the theatre do so but not sure Clay did.

I have to comment on Clay's appearance-adorable for the M&G in his shorts and hoodie. Classy, handsome and confident for the show. Really, really handsome.

Some thoughts about the music. First, a disclaimer. I love TnT. Big fan of Andy Williams, Sammy Davis Junior and Jack Jones when i was a teen. So some might say that I was predisposed to like the show. Guilty.

That being said, I did not think I would like "Where Do I Begin, Love Story Theme"-I had heard it once or twice on the cellcert (I tried to stay somewhat spoiled) and I thought it sounded somewhat shouty at times. But live, wow-i thought it was beautiful, powerful, and wonderfully interpreted. Didn't find it shouty at all.

I also wasn't sure what I would think of the Jazzy medley-it seemed from some recaps it was not a favorite and I remember the one very favorable review called it "odd." I absolutely LOVED it. I think Clay sounded uber cool doing those renditions. His voice sounded spectacular doing it as well. I think farouche described it as "rat packy" and I agree. I wonder how comfortable Clay is being "cool" though. He carried off this segment with great ease and panache but I wonder if he think he sees it as putting on an act-that this really isn't his style. Don't know if that makes sense.

I swear I didn't breathe through some songs, In My Life and Both Sides Now to name a few. Loved, loved, loved both renditions.

The Whose Sorry Now segment was priceless. Clay can yodel! And Quiana added a superb yodel at the end. It was interesting to see Clay's reaction to the suggestion of skat. He turned to Quiana and said he wasn't very good at that. Clay cares about being good. I like that. Also I liked that the Keswick theatre staff tweeted today, wondering if Clay ever figured out what Mummers were. Hope Clay sees that tweet!

The autotune section was also fun-he said that he didn't know what songs the band will pick out for him. But when someone in the audience answered "Taio Cruz" to "Who do you listen to on the radio?" Clay stopped for a moment and said "Really?" and it seemed like he was going to say more but then moved on. Me thinks he knew the Dynomite song was a possibility. That was alot of fun.

And this takes me to the pacing of the show. I thought it was excellent-it never lagged and one song seemed to logically to go into the other. Clay kept it fun with the audience interaction and the fun numbers.

It was interesting to hear the reaction of people clapping as a song started, in appreciation of a song selection. I was in the seventh row on the side and I noticed that as the night went on the clapping (at the onset of the song) coming from the back, where I believe the NJU were more likely to sit. I liked hearing that. It was particularly noticeable during the UM. The front section was perfectly still, it seemed, not wanting one note to be obscured by a clap. But behind me I heard alot of clapping when the song began-I wonder if they remembered Clay's tour de force with this song on AI.

(chasandpeg @ Feb 28 2011, 10:02 PM)
We were sitting next to two sisters that had never been to a show and didn't own any CD's. They loved him and thought he was fantastic. They said, their mom had passed away last month and they really needed that. He made them feel so much better and they were going to buy his CD.

Loved reading this. I ran into others who told similar stories of NJU. One friend said that the two ladies next to her had never seen Clay in concert, remembered him from Idol. They were crazy about the concert and at the end the one said she wanted to hop on the bus with Clay. This same friend said that a group of four middle-aged men who she identified as gay sat in front of her and at the end of one song the one man said "You did good Clay.' I really think that Clay should be a source of pride for the gay community-and I think he was for this man.

This really is going on way too long but I wanted to end with my appreciation for all the wonderful friends I have made since this trip all began. I saw many friends and aquaintences last night and it was such a satisfying feeling to see them all again. What struck me as I mingled among the varous fan groups was the uniform chorus that this man's talent must be seen and heard-the world is a better place for it.

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #70 on: March 01, 2011, 12:14:49 AM »
Glenside M&G Recap by Marilyn

When I found out that there were still M&G’s available for the Keswick concert, I immediately thought of Mickie (LovingClay) . Due to ill health she has not been able to travel in the last couple of years, and she never met Clay in person.
Since traveling to this venue was possible by car, I asked her if she wanted to go and she was very excited.
Fast forward to last night. We got to the venue and I pushed Micki in her wheelchair into the lobby. There were two lines for PBS –one for PBS39 and the other for WHYY. We were in the latter group. There were several folks ahead of us in line. They took us into the theater and lined us up along one of the aisles. Jerome came and told us about not being tempted to “rub our hands” on Clays back while picture posing. Clay would sign one thing but it would not be personalized.
Jerome  pointed to Micki and said “I want this young lady to come down first”. So I wheeled her down the aisle to the front. Mary was taking the pictures. There was a tall round table with markers on it off to the side. Then I heard “Here he comes” and there was Clay in his gray hoodie and plaid shorts, sneakers but no socks. He looks very slender. His hair looked freshly washed, his face was glowing and he looked absolutely scrumptious
I wheeled Micki over and stepped back. He asked her what her name was and where she was from, and then he stooped down next to her and that beautiful smile flashed on us. He has the greatest smile. I heard Gwenn, Jill and Marion in the back going "AWWWW"
I then wheeled her over to the side and it was my turn!!
He said “Hello Marilyn how are you? “  EEEEEK (his memory is amazing, because its been over three years since I read at one of his Christmas shows, and I only spoke to him at Spamalot ONCE)
I said “I’m good Clay, how are you?” I leaned next to him, the picture was taken. I don’t remember looking in his eyes, I don’t remember putting my arm around him (my other friend tells me I did). And then I thanked him and that was it.
Way too brief, but he sure made me feel good- euphoric, even. There is something about him that envelops you when he is near. Aiken fog, perhaps yes- but the last time I met him I was able to remember a whole lot more. How the room lit up when he came in, the brightness of his smile, the way he made you comfortable.
I just love this man.

ETA: Micki waited outside the theater itself (in the inner lobby) while I took advantage of the facilities. While I was gone, one of the Keswick managers came up to her and asked if she would be able to sit in a regular chair. She said she thought so. He said that he could put her in the theater in her wheelchair. She asked him where would he put her. He told her in the PIT!! So she said that I was with her, and he said I could go too!
There were two pit rows off to the right side of the theater (Clays left) and so he put a chair behind that row for me, and my friend sat next to her in the wheelchair. That was the closest I have ever been in one of his non-Christmas concerts. I NEVER score pit rows. Our original seats were in GG on the aisle, so that would be 9th row. How lucky is that??

Tiffany

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
« Reply #71 on: March 01, 2011, 12:47:08 AM »
Great recap Marilyn. Sounded like special night for you gals. Really sweet about Micki. I was hoping to hear Clay would remember you. ;) That's wonderful about your seats.

Really enjoying reading all the recaps, Meet and Greet recaps, seeing the gorgeous hunk of a man pics, downloads and what NJU think. etc Feels so good to be a Clay fan right now. It can never go away.

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #72 on: March 01, 2011, 08:15:51 AM »
The following Scarlett clip from the Glenside, PA concert has been uploaded to You Tube:

In My Life: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkhGtuzpEcQ

Love that Clay looked directly into the camera more than once, and...........he Winked.....Twice

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #73 on: March 01, 2011, 01:09:43 PM »
The following Scarlett clips from the Glenside concert are also now on You Tube:

Pre-"In My Life": On Cell Certs, Clack & Fan Dedication: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aM5QD_PW6to

Unchained Melody: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubMikxkI-F8

Mack The Knife: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1WHcOsXbCI8

Links can travel

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #74 on: March 01, 2011, 07:53:44 PM »

ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  Tried and True Tour 2011  |  GLENSIDE, PA-KESWICK THEATER 02/27/2011

gfxgfx
gfx