gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

gfx gfx
gfx
229512 Posts in 2574 Topics by 108 Members - Latest Member: CTLovesClay March 28, 2024, 06:34:14 AM
gfx* Home Help Login Register gfx
gfx
ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  Tried and True Tour 2011  |  GLENSIDE, PA-KESWICK THEATER 02/27/2011
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: GLENSIDE, PA-KESWICK THEATER 02/27/2011  (Read 31507 times)

Tiffany

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
Re: GLENSIDE, PA-KESWICK THEATER 02/27/2011
« Reply #45 on: February 27, 2011, 09:53:50 PM »
Someone from the audience wants an autograph

Clay says something about donation to PBS

Everyone else will ask for one

Fan yells out for BOTW

Clay - Jukebox now??

C: "Don't interrupt me while I'm talking"

C: "Gotta love 'em don't cha."

C: Talking to cell-certer. "We don't have a lot of say about cameras and such; we don't really care, it's up to the venue. Just don't flash me..........."

C: "I don't think this venue allows videos. Doesn't matter, forget the rules, who cares, we don't mind you doing it. "

I like that he said this.

C: Talking to Scarlett - "Apparently you have more fans than I do. I recognize Scarlett in the audience from her camera lenses. I wouldn't recognize her in the street, I've never seen her without a camera in front of her."

C: "Would you be willing just this once and ask someone to hold onto it for just a second?"

Scarlett pausing.

C: "Tell me, Scarlett; you put this online immediately?"

Clay wants non-fans to understand how disturbed we are. C: "Scarlett, the red light's not on, oh God, oh Good, it's back."

Clay explaining videos being put on line by fans.

C: "If my pants rip, you don't need to be here to see it, it's online. LOL You continue to come and I really appreciate it. I don't think I even told my mother the first time because I didn't think I'd make it."

Talking about times he got cut then lasting 1 year, 2 years now 8 because of fans.

C: "Clap for yourselves, I couldn't have done it without you."

C: "It's the only way I know to thank you....."

"In My Life"

wisconsinmaniac

• Claymaniac
  • Filling Every Empty Space With Clay
« Reply #46 on: February 27, 2011, 10:09:54 PM »
One more then it's your turn. Excited for you.  You are going to love it. His voice has been pefection with all these songs. Where are you sitting and you sitting together with the red thongers?

4 RTM gals will be sitting together and 2 of us will be in a different section.  None of us have "fantastic" seats, but I think the seating looks quite good.  I am sooooo anxious and excited!!

Tiffany

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
« Reply #47 on: February 27, 2011, 10:19:17 PM »
Sounds great. I'm still grinning from my concert. ;D I know you will be too. Clay still owns the title being the best singer in the world live.

Well tonight sounded like a great concert. Hope everyone that went tonight enjoyed themselves and looking forward to hearing about what they thought. Thanks for coming in Barb. I'll contunie if I see anything else.

wisconsinmaniac

• Claymaniac
  • Filling Every Empty Space With Clay
« Reply #48 on: February 27, 2011, 10:23:46 PM »
Good job, TIFFANY!

Thanks so much!

Tiffany

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
« Reply #49 on: February 27, 2011, 10:30:59 PM »
You are very welcome. :)

Tiffany

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
« Reply #50 on: February 27, 2011, 11:34:04 PM »
Sean was there.

Tiffany

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac

Tiffany

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
« Reply #52 on: February 28, 2011, 01:59:00 AM »
Clay Yodeling in Whose Sorry Now bit. LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjjwYTgPhMA

Tiffany

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
« Reply #53 on: February 28, 2011, 01:24:24 PM »
Here's Gwenn recap.

CLAY--DROP DEAD GORGEOUS.  JUST THAT BRIEF 30 SECONDS WAS SWEET.  STUBBLE, NO GLASSES AND HIS ARM EVER SO BRIEFLY AROUND YOU.  NOT BAD.  WHAT AN OUTFIT.  ONLY CLAY. 

THE VENUE WAS PRETTY FULL CONSIDERING IT WAS OSCAR NIGHT.  ABOUT 85-90%.  CHRISTIE WAS FURTHER BACK AND SHE SAID THERE WERE SCATTERED SEATS HERE AND THERE BUT THAT WAS IT.  GOOD.  BECKY SAT WITH US.  WHAT A COINCIDENCE.  SO, THERE WERE 11 OF US TOGETHER.  SO MUCH FUN.

WAS HE IN THE BEST OF VOICE?  MAYBE 90%.  THE THEATER IS OLD AND PROBABLY REALLY DRY.  I REALIZED THAT AT THE TAPING THEY FILTERED IN MIST.  THAT KIND OF A VENUE CAN DO THAT BECAUSE IT IS DESIGNED FOR MUSICIANS.  THIS WAS IN ITS DAY A MOVIE THEATER CONVERTED ABOUT 10 YEARS AGO.  PLENTY OF SEATS BUT OLDER.  THE SEATING IS NARROW AND LONG SO THE INTIMATE FEELING OF TOWSON WAS NOT THERE.  IT WAS A PERFORMANCE AS OPPOSED TO HOW JILL AND I FELT ON TUESDAY.  DID I ENJOY MYSELF?  YEP.  HE WAS CLAY DOING WHAT HE DOES BEST----ENTERTAIN.  MAYBE 5 OR 6 NOTES THAT WERE BAD BUT FOR SOME REASON, I DON'T CARE.  I GUESS I SHOULD BUT I AM MORE INTERESTED IN THE PASSION I FEEL IN HIS INTERPRETATIONS. 

THESE LARGE M&G'S ARE WEARING HIM OUT.  ALL THOSE GERMS.  ALL THAT TALKING RIGHT BEFORE A CONCERT.  THIS WAS VERY ORGANIZED AND EACH OF US GOT OUR "MOMENT" EVEN THOUGH IT WAS SHORT.  I THINK THE TOWSON CONCERT WAS BETTER BECAUSE THE PBS M &G WERE FEWER.  HE SOUNDED INCREDIBLE.  BUT HE WAS "ON".  DID I SAY HE WAS GORGEOUS?

Tiffany

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
« Reply #54 on: February 28, 2011, 01:26:40 PM »
Here's Micki's recap. How wonderful her and Marilyn got to sit front row.

I had a wonderful time last night!  Marilyn was the perfect companion, pushing me to and fro. It was such a joy seeing old friends again.  When we lined up for our M & G, Jerome spotted me and said "we'll take this young (what?!?!?!) lady first.  Holy Crap!!  So.....Marilyn wheels me over to the designated spot, Clay comes off the stage, signs my DVD (after finding a pen that worked), asks my name and where I'm from, bends down to my level, we both lean our faces in, the picture was taken, I thank him, and off I go.  It was all so fast, but sweet!!!  Then before the show starts, I'm sitting in lobby alone (where were the rest of you ladies?) while Marilyn used the facilities. This gentleman from the theater comes over to me and asks if I could get out of my wheelchair into my seat (I told him I could) , or if I would be more comfortable in my chair. I asked him where he would put me.  He said he'd move me and Marilyn to the "pit".  SAY WHAT?!?!?!?!  So I said, "Sure, I'd be much more comfortale in my chair".  I'm no fool!  So, Marilyn and I ended up being right up front.  And he looked mighty fine last night!  You all know I'm not a fan of this CD, but I really enjoyed the show.  He was so funny!  I'm so grateful Marilyn thought of me for her guest.  Thank you, sweetie! 

Now, it's all so bittersweet, because I don't know when I'll see my friends again.     I miss them already.   

[/color]

Tiffany

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
« Reply #55 on: February 28, 2011, 02:16:21 PM »

Tiffany

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
« Reply #56 on: February 28, 2011, 02:36:38 PM »
All this is really funny and what he said about his ripped pants. LOL The whole Whose Sorry Now bit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2s6wL87VoA

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #57 on: February 28, 2011, 04:07:40 PM »
cfinger

Just returned from Glenside. I have not seen Clay live for some time. This evening was just splendid. Clay is a superstar. My DH commented on how easy and relaxed he is on stage; how quick witted he is, how beautifully he sings,; how wonderful the arrangements are; how talented Quiana is. I think he enjoyed himself. 

A woman , probably in her 80s, sat behind us and we had a conversation with her.. Don't know if she is a NJU or relative of a fan or what. She was a lovely, delightful woman. As Clay was singing I heard her say to the person she was with "oh, this takes me back to my youth." Then when he would start a song she was familiar with she would sigh or say ohhhh or gasp. She had a great time. I think this is what it's all about and particularly with the music on the "Tried and True" CD. There are probably thousands of people out there like this woman whose response to Clay would have been as enthusiastic as this woman's. If only, if only we could get to them or get Clay to them. I was thrilled with her over heard response to the show!   

Clay said at one point that he was losing his voice and had a couple of problems. But he sang through it, around it and was as always, my absolutely favorite singerman. No one like him. No one will ever be like him. Nice crowd. Some seats in the back. My guess is there were close to 1000 people there. I'm not good at estimating. They were a lively bunch tonight!

He looked really good - nice hair, FINE pants, etc. All in all I am a contented fan tonight. My DH was happy and of course, I was ecstatic. 

Sean of Ben and Sean was attending. Also, I think Greg from the Christmas Show a few years ago was there. Tall, thin, good looking, dressed in a suit, shirt, tie. I wouldn't have recognized him, but others seemed to. I think he might be 14 or 15 now
ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #58 on: February 28, 2011, 04:20:01 PM »
casso

Back from Keswick and I am on a super high! What an overly super talented, a growl in the voice, caring and loving man we are following. His change up with his emotions from one song or banter to another are truly outstanding. The high notes he reaches get me every time....keep it up please Mister Clay.  We got the TUG, THE PANTS, STUBBLE, HAIR...you know, the complete gorgeous package! Yep, we got yodeling....."Yo the old lady.....Mummers..Clay said Mumbers and was totally clueless  I was one doing the Mummers thing in my seat...I was on the right side kind of down front near the aisle...not center.
I did ask the man next to me if it would be alright with him...because I am very enthusiastic, and he said fine with me go right ahead and enjoy yourself. We wound up singing very softly to all the songs and my friend was cracking up. Never asked his name but thanks so much to him! Can't count how many times I stood up and clapped and shouted for all and gave Quiana a You Go Girl but I am now losing my voice and my head is spinning....but All Is Well! I HAD THE TIME OF MY LIFE once again thanks to Clay and Company.

I won tickets to see Thin Lizzy at the Keswick but for the life of me now I don't know who the hell they are. Also met two NJU men at the ticket window who won tickets for another show and asked if they had ever been to a Clay concert and they said this was their first. They said they LOVE his music and will be attending more....so there you go Clay..two more fans! Bold me said what are your names...Tony and Dan...shook hands and said glad to meet you Monica. Maybe some time I'll get to shake Clay's hand..hint hint

In alphabetical order  ...Adam, Ben, Clay, Del, Felix, Quiana...thank you for your talent and for being you. Stay safe...Be well...and can't wait to see you all again! Shout out to Jerome, the 22 ft. body guard for all you do.

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #59 on: February 28, 2011, 05:18:38 PM »
Recap from GrandmaJoan at the CB:

It's 1:13 am and we just got back from the Glenside concert. It was just fabulous. It was my first and last one, and I didn't want to leave the theatre. Neither did my daughter, Laurie, nor the four ladies we brought withus. Two of them had never seen Clay live in concert, and boy, did they love him. Of course, once you see him for the first time, you are hooked. We all know that. So now they are begging us to tell them when they can see him again.

It was fabulous seeing old friends that we only get to see at the concerts, the Gala and the Fan Fest. It's so nice to be with them, even if it is only for a couple of hours. We're still family! As we were walking out, a lady asked us all about Clay and said she had never seen him before. They she told us that this was the second best concert she had ever seen in her life. Then she said that the other one was Elvis. I think that was a huge compliment to Clay, and she plans to do her homework and find out all about him.

I was lucky enough to have a PBS meet and greet. Someone who could not attend at the last minute was kind enough to give it to me. This was arranged by a wonderful lady, to whom I will be eternally grateful. We had to be at the theatre at 5:30 and line up inside. It went by the pbs station - there were three of them, I think, plus the auction winners and the ofc winners. When we got down the aisle by the stage, Jerome was there to take what we wanted signed, and directed everyone over to Clay, who was standing in the corner by the first aisle. I asked him to sign my pink jacket with Clay's silouhette on the back. He signed it right next to that. Mary was there to take individual pictures. Clay would ask our name and pull each one over to him so that he could put his arm around us for the photo. I was able to say a few words to him and and then it was over. Now, I don't remember the picture being taken. I have to wait till the pbs people send it to me, so I can't wait for that. I can't imagine how Clay can stand there and put on that beautiful smiley face for a hundred or more people and not get tired of doing it. But you can tell that he enjoys it.

It was nice that Clay's mom was in the audience again tonight. She is so proud of him. The concert was amazing and his voice, although it seemed a bit scratchy in the beginning, was glorious and he nailed all the glory notes in UM with such ease. That song got the best standing ovation of the night. People stood up several times for other songs, but UM and "In My Life" were the standouts in my opinion. I loved everything - the banter, the yodeling, the dancing and his great sense of humor. Laurie and I had third row center seats so we saw him up close and personal, although every seat seemed to have a great view. We sat next to Scarlett, who took her usual videos. She was acknowledged by Clay and he told her how much he appreciated her dedication. He tried to get her to hand the camera to someone else so that he could see her face, but she was reluctant to do tht for more than a few seconds. It was so funny.

There were lots of fans that waited by the bus. We had to get our passengers back home to New Jersey so we didn't stay. I did hear that there was some obnoxious guy standing there with a crude sign and he was half dressed. I hope Jerome took care of him.

All the way home, we listened to a lot of older Clay music so that the newbies could experience him when he was on AI and when he did some demos. It was a great ride enjoyed by everyone. Now, we have to wait for Clay's next venture. I hope he doesn't keep us waiting too long. Now that we've seen him live again, it only makes us hungry to see him again soooon. I wonder what he has up his sleeve now?

ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  Tried and True Tour 2011  |  GLENSIDE, PA-KESWICK THEATER 02/27/2011

gfxgfx
gfx