gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

gfx gfx
gfx
229517 Posts in 2574 Topics by 108 Members - Latest Member: CTLovesClay March 28, 2024, 10:56:00 AM
gfx* Home Help Login Register gfx
gfx
ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  Tried and True Tour 2011  |  KNOXVILLE, TN-BIJOU THEATRE 02/17/2011
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: KNOXVILLE, TN-BIJOU THEATRE 02/17/2011  (Read 36344 times)

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
Re: KNOXVILLE, TN-BIJOU THEATRE 02/17/2011
« Reply #105 on: February 20, 2011, 10:15:40 AM »
ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #106 on: February 20, 2011, 10:16:00 AM »

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #107 on: February 20, 2011, 10:16:17 AM »

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #108 on: February 20, 2011, 10:16:36 AM »

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #109 on: February 20, 2011, 10:16:55 AM »

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #110 on: February 20, 2011, 10:17:22 AM »

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #111 on: February 20, 2011, 10:17:47 AM »

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #112 on: February 20, 2011, 10:18:06 AM »

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #113 on: February 20, 2011, 10:18:22 AM »

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #114 on: February 20, 2011, 10:18:39 AM »

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #115 on: February 20, 2011, 10:18:59 AM »

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #116 on: February 20, 2011, 10:19:14 AM »

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #117 on: February 20, 2011, 10:55:52 AM »
peeko4clay

I thought I would share a couple of NJU moments I experienced at my concerts. I attended Houston, Atlanta and Knoxville.

Houston...Before the show started, I introduced myself to the ladies on each side of me. Neither one of them had been to Clay concert before. They both came with friends that were Clay fans. The gal on my right was a joy to watch... First thing she said was "he's adorable".  She kept on saying "I love this song" and clapped along to the more upbeat songs with a huge smile on her face. I could tell she was caught...hook, line and sinker! At one point she waved to Quiana. Quiana waved back with a big a smile on her face. At the end of the concert she told me that it was the best concert she had ever attended and was going to go out and buy everything Clay had recorded!! This statement was made with no prompting from me.

The other gal seemed to really enjoy herself as well...just not as vocal about it.

It was just so nice to see and hear their reactions...he's still winning them over!!

Atlanta... This time I had a couple sitting next to me. The husband sat just to my right. It sure looked like he wasn't one of those husbands that was "dragged" to the concert. He was smiling and nodding his head from the very beginning. Big, huge belly laughs during some of the banter. Again... It was so refreshing to see someone other than "us" enjoying themselves at Clay's concert.

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #118 on: March 09, 2011, 08:11:26 AM »
clayizzaqt

I have an email group of fans/friends to whom I send Clay news, photos and articles. They are all fans, but to varying degrees. Some follow him more closely than others. Only a couple of them read message boards. They had been asking me to recap my Knoxville PBS M & G, so today I finally wrote it down and mailed it. I decided to share it here as well, and because I'm lazy, I'm posting it just as I sent it to them.

My Knoxville PBS M & G (also known as a Meet and Moo, due to the cattle call nature of the beast).

Due to the large volume of these PBS passes that were sold, all of the PBS M & Gs were done in the following format...Clay stands in a room, Mary or a PBS rep. position themselves in front of Clay, and then the fans file past, one at a time. You hit your mark by Clay's side, he shakes your hand, asks your name and then you hand him the item you'd like signed. He signs it with his name (no personalization), he puts his arm around you and you both turn toward the camera, smile, click, and then Jerome hands you your coat and purse and off you go. Now this is by no means a complaint as I knew going in that it would be like the M & Gs of old due to the sheer number of fans involved. I cherish every single second. However, I was blessed to have a bit of an 'extended' time with Clay.

After the hand shake and name bit, I pulled a full size mosaic from a cardboard mailing tube and held it out to Clay...this one:
 Reduced 79%

650 x 953 (195.25K)

Now some back story. The week before my trip, I decided I'd better make sure that I knew where the photo of Raleigh that I'd hidden in the mosaic was located because Clay ALWAYS wants to find it (and at times, has enlisted Mary, Jerome, Nick and anyone else nearby to help). It had been months since I'd made the mosaic. So out comes the poster and, with bifocals in place, I searched. Looked and looked and couldn't locate her. No recollection of where the pic was positioned. Wow, Raleigh is really well hidden this time! So I finally had to open the digital version on my computer and blow it up and hunt down the photo. So glad I did that. Because the instant Clay saw that I had a mosaic, he said "Are you the person who always makes these?" I said "Yes." He said, "Is there a photo of Raleigh in this one?" I said, "Of course!" And the hunt was on! I suddenly got extremely nervous, standing so close to him and all. He was holding one end of the poster and I was holding the other, trying to keep it from rolling up. For some damn reason, I began to blather on and on as I watched him search, telling him that there was no way he would find it. Continuing with the blather theme, I shared the story about not being able to find it myself until I blew up the digital copy as an aid. The Aiken Fog had enveloped me thoroughly by that point and I recall saying more than once that he would NEVER find it. I have no idea why I did that. None. Blather,blather...The word NEVER kept tumbling out of my mouth! OMG, somebody stop me! The NEVER Gauntlet had been thrown down and Clay was NOT going to give up. Meanwhile, the line of fans behind me, still waiting to see Clay was long and I was squirming, sweating and feeling badly that their wait was now longer still. Wanting to speed things along, I offered to give Clay a hint. Looking up at Clay, I could track his eyes as he scanned the mosaic and I could tell approximately where he was looking and I was DYING to give him a hint each time I could see that he was near the Raleigh pic. But when I offered, he was adamant that I NOT give him a hint. It seemed like I'd been holding up the line FOREVER. I continued to squirm and finally Clay said, "Wait, is this it? No. I thought I had it but ...no." However, I could tell by his eyes that he was REALLY close so I blurted, "You're REALLY warm!" (or perhaps I blurted "You're really HOT!" Not sure. Gawd, I hope not! ) Oops. There came that hint I wasn't supposed to give. Damn. Fortunately, by then, Clay didn't seem to mind too much, though he shot me a glance. He found the Raleigh pic just a few seconds later, located just under the eye on the right half of the mosaic. Phew! He then asked me to hold the poster tight at the top and bottom while he signed it. Cool! I thought to myself, this mosaic has tons of white space at the lower corners. That area will be a great place for the signature and it will show up very nicely there, thank you very much. But, to my surprise, Clay signed his name under the eye on the cheekbone area and with seeming great pride, drew an arrow pointing to the photo of Raleigh Bwah! Love it! Wanted to hug him, but resisted the urge. Turned to face Mary, felt Clay's arm around my waist as he pulled me in, and Click! Goofy expression captured for posterity! Collected my purse and coat from Jerome and floated out of the room. That 120 seconds with Clay seemed to last forever! SA-woon! Thanks for the memories, Mr. Aiken.

ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  Tried and True Tour 2011  |  KNOXVILLE, TN-BIJOU THEATRE 02/17/2011

gfxgfx
gfx