gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

gfx gfx
gfx
229832 Posts in 2575 Topics by 108 Members - Latest Member: CTLovesClay April 16, 2024, 02:24:29 PM
gfx* Home Help Login Register gfx
gfx
ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  Tried and True Tour 2011  |  GREENVILLE, SC PEACE CENTER 02/24/2011
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: GREENVILLE, SC PEACE CENTER 02/24/2011  (Read 12708 times)

WilsonClaymate

• Enthusiastic
  • The way you make me feel
Re: GREENVILLE, SC PEACE CENTER 02/24/2011
« Reply #60 on: February 24, 2011, 09:58:11 PM »
Well, I've done about all I can do tonight so I'm going to go get a bite to eat and then get ready for bed.

Marlene, I'll see you tomorrow morning.  Marilyn, I will see you tomorrow afternoon.

Tiffany, thanks for the great job tonight and I'm sorry I wasn't here more than I was.
"For me he's not a hobby, he's not an obsession, he's a joy, something that makes me happy..."    ~cc777

Tiffany

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
« Reply #61 on: February 24, 2011, 10:03:08 PM »
Welcome Barb and it is ok. :)

Have the time of your lives gals!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #62 on: February 25, 2011, 10:07:00 AM »
NOT A RECAP, BUT IT BEARS REPOSTING

KEEPINGFAITH

There are many good reasons why I love Clay so much as a singer and entertainer, and there are some intangibles that exist and I don't know why, but the one thing that melds the knowns and unknowns are the risks he takes. He goes for it. He sings difficult to sing songs ... because he can pull it off.

I hear singer after singer doing repetitious stuff. They have a thing that they do, or a bag of vocal gimmicks, and they do those things over and again until people get tired of them. Then they're done.

Clay, on the other hand, is an amazing artist pushing the boundaries for a popular singer in the age of fake music. The fake music requires no talent or skill and it's the formula du jour. I think TPTB prefer the assembly-line performer who can be created, exploited and thrown away. Planned obsolescence is the subtitle of the industry now. Clay Aiken can't be discarded, and the sun ain't going down on him. He's just begun to shine in his own right and his own light.

He's unique. Some people like the singing of Josh Grobin and Andrea Bocelli with their quasi-operatic styles, and there is a market for that. But there are music lovers, myself included, who are bored with the trained voice that only goes certain places, even though it goes there with ease and expression. For me, it's not enough. A song or two and I'm moving along to something with more life in it. And I can enjoy a silly song, something with a big beat and throw away lyrics, but after a couple of those I need something substantive, something with musical integrity.

Clay, on the other hand he sings deeply and vibrates everything I've got, and then goes to the heights without falsetto. He makes very difficult transitions and varies the dynamics of his singing in an exciting way. He can rephrase a lyric and give it new meaning. He's only getting better. I don't know if I can stand it. But he is, and right there on stage before us he's becoming even more than he ever has been before. And he does this by not playing it safe. He's plays it for all it's worth. That's why someone like me, who never has been a fan of pop singers, preferring instead rock bands and singer-songwriters, beginning with the The Beatles and Dylan, LOVES Clay Aiken. He's expanded pop music as a category that finally includes me. Nobody else ever did that.

It says everything that there were two birthday girls in the audience the other night, one 13 and the other 94. That's his target audience range. There's a reason he's doing "Who's Sorry Now" to every genre that we can think of - rock, grunge, a capella, opera, etc. etc. His voice can do anything, and he's determined to prove it.
ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #63 on: February 25, 2011, 10:09:42 AM »
BRIGHTSTAR

Awww, my last concert. *cries*
It was great! I think it was the funniest one I've attended this tour. Clay was so animated and funny and beautiful. Quiana absolutely outdid herself--sang fabulously and was sooooo funny. Someone mentioned tonight how quiet and almost shy she used to be, and now she is a wonderful comedic partner for Clay. At times, she even plays the main comedic role and Clay plays the "straight man." So to speak, heh.

I'm glad Clay has a day off tomorrow--he must be so tired., He did have a few cracks in his voice tonight, but most of the time his voice was amazing. No matter how many times I hear him, I still marvel at the beauty, richness, and power of his voice, and the ease with which he goes from power ballad to tender, gentle melodies, from belting to caressing a song with tender nuance. Such talent and skill is rare indeed.

The interaction with Scarlet was hilarious, and the fact that most of of knew her seemed to blow his mind. We are quite the fandom, aren't we?

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #64 on: February 25, 2011, 10:10:26 AM »
TERTER4AIKEN

WOW!!!!

What a great show tonight in G'ville!

Clay was a riot with his lucky charms and singing Justin Bieber's "Baby"!

The pants.....were NIIIICE! I got a little shimmy right in front of me too! 

There were quite a few people waiting at the bus and we were rewarded very handsomely for our good behavior and patience. He came out in jeans and the white Rutgers hoodie with his hair all tousled, possibly freshly showered. He gave us all a quick "Thanks for coming out guys" and a nice warm handshake.

I floated back to Charlotte on a cloud.

I'm feeling completely sated, satisfied and more in love than ever.

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #65 on: February 25, 2011, 11:06:17 AM »
2old4clay

If you haven't seen the clack of the audience 'outing' Scarlett, it is one of those priceless moments in the fandom. Clay calls her out, then said 'maybe we should just hire her to take all the videos' We responded with a resounding 'yes'. Then he says' do you know her?', again a 'yes' And again after banter with her....he asked us 'what's her name', and as you may know...we all answered Scarlett! His response was again 'priceless' as you will see. His voice after the first song or two, was stellar, he looked very rested and was enjoying everything he sang and the banter. Who's Sorry Now...he said at end, it was the best selection of music types he's had to date, and of course he and Quiana..nailed each one to the max. I am loving Quiana more and more, it's like watching Laurel and Hardy up there!
Sad to so no more concerts for me. The M&M in Charlotte was downright ridiculous at the very least. Took my picture with 10 people I didn't know. Not much concerned about the picture as I've had my day in the sun, but really wanted a picture autographed for a 13 year old girl, Brooke...who says 'she loves Clay Aiken'. Thankfully I didn't tell her I would try and get her one, so there will be no disappointment for her. Had an 'air touch' at the bus, he looked gorgeous in white sweatshirt, soft freshly washed hair.

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #66 on: February 25, 2011, 11:49:39 AM »
hippoga

Just adding a sweet tidbit from last night's Greenville show. My friend from SC was the cellphone lady whose daughter Lisa was on the phone listening to the show. They have had a rough new year-husband/father died a few weeks ago. My friend had. Wonderful OFC M&G in Charlotte (she asked him about singing Some Enchanted Evening) and both of them getting to "talk" to Clay was a precious gift they will always treasure.

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #67 on: February 25, 2011, 12:54:07 PM »
lunabear

What a wonderful night. Started with the M&G. DH joined me and after said he liked him---finding him quite down to earth and friendly. We were seated in the front row of the theater and Clay came in and walked down the line shaking our hands and asking our names. It was clear he checked out our names in advance as he pronounced our last name correctly (it's french) and then pronounced the way most folks do. Very funny. Then he sat on the stage and asked us where we were from. We had the opportunity to ask questions but I think we were all dumbstruck as we were pretty quiet. All I remember is that he has nothing planned going forward. He signed our items and then they took our pictures. We opted for a pic of the three of us with Clay in the middle. He was in jeans with a Rutgers sweatshirt.

The show was just fantastic and the venue was very nice. No surprise there. Very funny. When he talked to the person on the cell phone I was the one who handed the cell phone back and forth to him. I was so afraid I was going to drop it. It was fun to be a part of that. I believe there will be very good clack. DH noted that the socks were striped.

I can't believed how truly blessed I am to have had the evening of a lifetime. I'm heading back into Aiken fog now. A very nice place to be.

Tiffany

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
« Reply #68 on: February 25, 2011, 01:25:52 PM »
NOT A RECAP, BUT IT BEARS REPOSTING

KEEPINGFAITH

There are many good reasons why I love Clay so much as a singer and entertainer, and there are some intangibles that exist and I don't know why, but the one thing that melds the knowns and unknowns are the risks he takes. He goes for it. He sings difficult to sing songs ... because he can pull it off.

I hear singer after singer doing repetitious stuff. They have a thing that they do, or a bag of vocal gimmicks, and they do those things over and again until people get tired of them. Then they're done.

Clay, on the other hand, is an amazing artist pushing the boundaries for a popular singer in the age of fake music. The fake music requires no talent or skill and it's the formula du jour. I think TPTB prefer the assembly-line performer who can be created, exploited and thrown away. Planned obsolescence is the subtitle of the industry now. Clay Aiken can't be discarded, and the sun ain't going down on him. He's just begun to shine in his own right and his own light.

He's unique. Some people like the singing of Josh Grobin and Andrea Bocelli with their quasi-operatic styles, and there is a market for that. But there are music lovers, myself included, who are bored with the trained voice that only goes certain places, even though it goes there with ease and expression. For me, it's not enough. A song or two and I'm moving along to something with more life in it. And I can enjoy a silly song, something with a big beat and throw away lyrics, but after a couple of those I need something substantive, something with musical integrity.

Clay, on the other hand he sings deeply and vibrates everything I've got, and then goes to the heights without falsetto. He makes very difficult transitions and varies the dynamics of his singing in an exciting way. He can rephrase a lyric and give it new meaning. He's only getting better. I don't know if I can stand it. But he is, and right there on stage before us he's becoming even more than he ever has been before. And he does this by not playing it safe. He's plays it for all it's worth. That's why someone like me, who never has been a fan of pop singers, preferring instead rock bands and singer-songwriters, beginning with the The Beatles and Dylan, LOVES Clay Aiken. He's expanded pop music as a category that finally includes me. Nobody else ever did that.

It says everything that there were two birthday girls in the audience the other night, one 13 and the other 94. That's his target audience range. There's a reason he's doing "Who's Sorry Now" to every genre that we can think of - rock, grunge, a capella, opera, etc. etc. His voice can do anything, and he's determined to prove it.

Very well said!!!

Tiffany

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
« Reply #69 on: February 25, 2011, 01:33:05 PM »
And such a nice review from the concert from that reporter. Wow!!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #70 on: February 25, 2011, 05:00:52 PM »
Scarlett clips of Greenville Concert just posted at You Tube are:

Auto-tune "Baby," http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSKWy2nIijA

Who's Sorry Now - Celtic Style: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DcKT1n_Lk-s

Links can travel.

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #71 on: February 25, 2011, 05:19:51 PM »
mumm fumms

Both of my concerts were great but since I had the best seat for Greenville, it was my favorite of the two! I hope someone has an MP3 and that I can somehow get a dvd of that show! The Jazzy Medley, The Who's Sorry Now bit and the Auto Tone were all outstanding!

Somehow during It's Impossible, my eyes started leaking.  I made it through the opening and closing numbers just misty-eyed, but lost it during that one. It IS one of my very favorites on the cd. 

Scarlett's moment will be a memorable one for the entire fandom and I was so glad to be there for that one and to give her a hug after the show! She is just adorable and was shaking after the show!

My Meet & Moo was memorable and I even liked the group pictures since I HATESES having my picture taken. Of course, Clay standing beside me and putting his arm around me helped too! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!

They didn't even ask our names as we went in and just started forming groups with very little instruction. The PBS person gave me a card (no number on it) and said she "thinks" they will put all the pics on a cd or dvd and mail a copy to everyone. Sounds like a plan!
I'm sure between us all we can figure out who most everyone is! LOL!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #72 on: February 25, 2011, 07:58:24 PM »
The following Scarlett clips from the Greenville concert have been uploaded to You Tube today:

Auto-tune "Baby" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSKWy2nIijA

Who's Sorry Now, Celtic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DcKT1n_Lk-s

Who's Sorry Now,, Sous March: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnARoELlwgs

Who's Sorry Now,, Blues: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AC26yVkF7S0

Who's Sorry Now, Funkadelic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-We9OHWceZ0

Unchained Melody: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6tTzHRtc8U

Crying: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ov_6rk9P2O4

Links can travel.

ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  Tried and True Tour 2011  |  GREENVILLE, SC PEACE CENTER 02/24/2011

gfxgfx
gfx