gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

gfx gfx
gfx
229519 Posts in 2574 Topics by 108 Members - Latest Member: CTLovesClay March 28, 2024, 12:26:40 PM
gfx* Home Help Login Register gfx
gfx
ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  Tried and True Tour 2011  |  MESA ARIZONA -IKEDA CENTER 03/10/2011
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: MESA ARIZONA -IKEDA CENTER 03/10/2011  (Read 37389 times)

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
Re: MESA ARIZONA -IKEDA CENTER 03/10/2011
« Reply #120 on: March 11, 2011, 08:19:59 AM »
ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #121 on: March 11, 2011, 08:20:19 AM »

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #122 on: March 11, 2011, 08:20:34 AM »

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #123 on: March 11, 2011, 10:08:05 AM »
The following Scarlett clips from the Mesa Concert were uploaded to You Tube overnight and this morning:

Where Do I Begin: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGWDQBqBAFo

Mack The Knife: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bx7ER5Z9c4

Opening Banter: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgPis5ZO-aQ

Suspicious Minds: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2bE9lM1nPA

Build Me Up Buttercup: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dudXDvBxGW0

Who's Sorry Now Pre-Banter: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKjNukd1u2k

Who's Sorry Now - Boogie Woogie: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLiCWv6ayv0

Who's Sorry Now - Gregorian Chant: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZ4F9hDN2ec

Who's Sorry Now - Mariachi: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWyPoaLwAYw

Who's Sorry Now - Lullaby: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yb03y4lt5yk

Who's Sorry Now - Beatbox: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26ARkS6JB6w

Who's Sorry Now - Klezmer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UE3KInYcP4s

Unchained Melody: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGWQIHPtGmA

Pre-In My Life Banter/Fan Dedication: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QExacODrWA

In My Life: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yc77owxljxk

Links can travel.

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #124 on: March 11, 2011, 12:59:28 PM »
pngndancer

Bear with me. I don't do recaps very well but re/my meet and greet all I can say is OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG. Seriously though, it started out as a real nightmare. The meet and greet email said to be at the box office. Okey dokey! Mesa has something like 6 box offices. After a while we found a very nice girl who worked there and finally got us to the correct box office. They were runninng late. Finally Jerome takes us in (there were about 9 of us). Okay, you probably have already had recaps but here goes. Clay (to the best of my recollection) was wearing his dark blue UConn hoodie, pants that looked like cut off sweats that came to mid calf, his tennies without socks, of course and his hair was a little spiked. He was in a great mood and lots of questions asked. I didn't have one but they asked some that had already been asked. He smelled wonderful and felt great and yes I did remember to lean in. We had one gal in our M&G who had him sign her ankle the last time she saw him and she had it tatooed, then she also had Claymate tatooed on the back of her neck, along with a tongue piercing that had a stud with Clay's face on it!

The concert was marvelous and the accoustics were absolutely phenomenal. I'm sure you've heard about how he felt about the "pitchy" write up from Dallas. He really was funny on that one. I can't say enough about how great he sounded. Oh and due to have an extremely small bladder I had to get up at one point (very quickly I might add) and go to the rest room. I didn't miss a thing, he was piped right in there. So I'll let others write more because my writing skills suck but he never disappoints and last night he proved again why we all still love him after all these years

Tiffany

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
« Reply #125 on: March 11, 2011, 02:14:01 PM »
Really enjoyed reading those recaps. Totally agree with Shelley that he's born to be on stage. Off to watch the clack. The pitchy talk sounds hilarious. Love Pissy Clay. Pitchy he ain't. Smarty got gorgeous pics. *thud*
« Last Edit: March 11, 2011, 02:29:26 PM by Tiffany »

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #126 on: March 12, 2011, 01:31:52 PM »
drmchaser

My Mesa M&G

After much confusion over multiple boxes offices at the Mesa Arts Center and a late dinner time for Jerome, the nine of us we were finally checked in, given our passes and organized into a procession which was led by a rep from the venue and guarded at the rear by Jerome. We were taken to a room where white wooden folding chairs were arranged in a U-shaped pattern. We filled out the first two thirds of the U, our seat assignments predetermined by Jerome’s master list. As he left to go get Clay we talked amongst ourselves

A few minutes later Clay walked in said hello to the room as he made his way over to us. Dark blue(?) UCONN sweatshirt, calf length sweat pants, no socks, shoes of some kind, I assume, and hair similar to how it was styled that morning on TV. Beautiful skin, the man glows. He asked each of us our name and repeated it back as he shook our hands. My first impression as someone who has never met Clay before is that he is much more substantial than I expected. Tall and thin, but not in a scrawny way. Solid but without a trace of fat. His handshake was impressively firm (I hate wimpy handshakes from either men or women) and there was no doubt that the boss was now in the room. As one fan gave her name (two syllables), he picked up on her accent immediately and asked where she was from (NZ). As in a previous m&g, he made the comment that his favorite movie was a New Zealand film. One other fan was from NZ also.

Clay took a seat in front of us just as Jerome was passing out post-it notes so we could let Clay know how we wanted our items signed. Clay glanced over and cracked on him, surprised that this hadn’t been handled already and commenting that they were behind schedule. Jerome may have blamed it all on Mary (who had followed Clay into the room) at this point, but it was all done in fun and it was great to experience the easy relationship between the three of them.

Aiken fog started to settle in right about then, so I’ll just touch on a few of the questions I remember. These are out of order.

He called one fan out right away for bringing her knitting into the m&g. He wanted to know why, other than to get his attention, she couldn’t put it down for a few minutes.

Someone asked who arranged love story?
Ben

Has he ever been asked to model or endorse a men's fashion line?
No
From someone else - How did he get internet in West Texas(?)
He wanted to know how she knew he had internet in W. Texas?
Quiana’s tweet.

I didn’t actually hear the question, but someone asked him something about his plans to record.
No plans right now, he hates it. Boring

I asked if it’s because he doesn’t want to have to deal with deciding which direction to go in next? Does genre make any difference.

Personal opinion here - he may understand our curiosity, but he appeared to be very tired of answering this question. He was pretty abrupt when repeating that he doesn't enjoy the process. All genres are boring. It was such a blanket statement, it seemed to be his way of shutting the topic down.

Is he going to be working with Harry Connick anytime soon?

The way he answered this is so open to interpretation, I’m not going to even attempt to guess at hidden meanings. He acted like he had no idea what the woman was talking about, and appeared to get frustrated (almost to the point of annoyance) when the rest of us either laughed quietly or looked uncomfortable. He asked us if we knew what she was talking about and most of us nodded and then asked us to explain it all to him and I admit I shook my head no. I wasn't comfortable with the conversation. He finally pinned pngndancer, who was sitting at my left, with the Aiken stare and told her to talk. Eeeks. She explained the question referred to Harry being cast in OACD. Clay definitely smirked when asking if he (Clay) would be playing the BS role. I immediately piped in that it had been recast as a male role and he looked intrigued before asking exactly who is saying he‘ll be doing this. I kept saying it‘s just fan speculation, that's what we do in between Clay projects, but there was so much cross talk at this point, who knows what he heard. As he was putting his chair away and getting ready to start picture taking, he said something about any questions that are specifically about whether he‘s in this, or going to do that, are wasted. I may not remember every word he said during the OACD discussion, but I have a very clear memory of his face and demeanor as he was responding. Unfortunately, I don't know his well enough to come to know if he was acting or surprised by it all.

Stealing a question that I read on the boards last week I asked him who he thinks should be People’s next sexiest man alive. On the up side, I think I caught him off guard. On the down side, he wouldn’t give me a straight answer. First, he looked perplexed, then he said Jerome or Mary. I tried.

Young girl with the tattoos who brought a young man as her guest asked him why hasn’t returned to Vegas to perform. He had only toured there once. He said he had been to a lot of places just once, and something about there being too many shows in Vegas to compete with. The northeast had always worked the best for them. He talked a little abut the cost of touring, especially when they had to cover long distances.

The young man in our group waiited for a quiet moment as Clay was signing things to ask “Clay, what’s your favorite color?” Right away Clay asked him if his friend put him up to that and smirked when the young man said yes. Clay then explained that he can never say what his favorite color is now because he has gotten in the habit of using it as part of his password when signing up for things. When it was time for this guy’s photo with Clay, Clay asked if they wanted to include his girl friend in the shot and he said no, but he wanted to take the photo back to back. Clay seemed to get a kick out of that. As they posed back to back, Clay crossed his arm in a cool, tough guy kind of pose and the young man smiled and gave the camera two thumbs up. I’d love to see a copy of this, it was adorable.

So here starts my best recollection of the tattoo interaction. If you were there and remember it differently, please feel free to correct me. After the photo taking was done, the young lady from Vegas mentioned to Clay that she had had a previous m&g several years ago and he had signed her ankle. We were all still obediently sitting in our pre assigned white wooden folding chairs so she lifted her left foot a little and turned it inward a bit to show him the tattoo just above her ankle. She was wearing a cute skirt and top and strappy high heels. Standing right in front of her now, Clay bent over and craddled her ankle in his right hand as he studied the tattoo. I think the words “You go, girl!” ran through my head at that point. I don’t remember exactly what was being said right then, but as Clay released her ankle and stepped back, she stood up and asked him if she could show him her other tattoo. Funny thing is, as I remember it, her hands were causally by her side, close to the hem of her top as she said this. Clay gave her the funniest look. Mr. Large and In Charge was assessing the situation. When her hands rose up a little more, I could just imagine where he thought the next tattoo was located because he looked like he might say no. In fact, I think he was shaking his head to say maybe not, when the young lady’s friend piped in that it wasn’t anything to worry about. Her hands continued up to the back of her neck and she lifted her hair and turned around to show him the Claymate tattoo. A dozen hysterical expressions had passed over Clay’s face by now, but nothing could compare to when she swung back around and showed him her tongue piercing. Perfect comedic double take, followed immediately by an ewwww as he turned away. He turned back just as quickly and asked to see it again. He was stunned when she said it was a picture of him. He had to look closer. He was grinning from ear to ear with what I swear there was a look of horrified pride on his face. It was a very cute interaction and a great way to end the m&g. We were all still grinning and laughing when Clay left the room. Much to our delight, Clay came rushing back in less than a minute later with Mary in tow. It seems that Mary left the room before the young lady showed Clay her piercing and he really wanted Mary to see it. Wasn’t too surprised to hear him use the story in the show.

A couple quick comments about the show because this is already long enough. My best friend and I had a blast. I looked over and caught her crying during Moon River. It has been one of her favorite songs since she was a small child and she thought his performance was just beautiful. Her favorite, hands down, was UM. She could not believe the notes he was hitting. As a casual, non internet fan, she was unspoiled and just adored his voice and his humor. She took quite a bit of clack with her new camera and said it was very difficult to keep the camera steady when he was so unbelievably funny just a few feet in front of her. Kudos to all you clack gatherers who have spoiled us over the years.

Boogie Woogie was pure Elvis with the deep notes and shaking legs.
At one point, when Quiana was standing next to Clay, she put her finger through the hole in the back pocket of his jeans. So cute.

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #127 on: March 12, 2011, 01:33:27 PM »
artquest

skybar & kokopelli and friends, I'm so sorry to have missed hanging out with everyone. I was with my cousins most of the day and then tied up doing the cellcert, so I didn't get a chance. It was a fabulous concert and as I said somewhere above, a sublime performance. Not as funny as this summer's Timeless Tour, but so very lovely in its own way.

My cousins were thrilled with the music and the comedy and the personality. As my older cousin (mid eighties) said, "I knew all the words to all the songs. I loved it!" Her daughter refers to Clay as "the cutie", so she was already on board. *g* I just loved sharing him with people I knew would love the show. It worked out great.

There was a very loud, very enthusiastic fan sitting behind me to my left. She/he kept shouting to Clay to sing Bridge over Troubled Waters. He played off it for awhile and then ignored her. However, when he started to sing Invisible, he came over to our side of the stage, positively leered at her, and sang, "Whatcha doing tonight?" Cracked me up. Permaswooned has a shot of the leer. (I'll try to cap one from the video and post it later.) Hysterical.

We had dinner tonight with Spotlightlover. She's hoping to come to the concert tomorrow night with her husband, Big Mike. It will be his very first Clay concert!

Now Perma and I are catching up on the boards and relaxing. We're going to get a nice brunch and then hit some of the sights in SF. I'm leaving that up to her as she is the best of travel agents and tour guides. In the meantime, we upgraded our room to a lovely suite for an additional $20 and got free yummy adult beverages in the lobby as we sat by the fire and waited to check in. GREAT hotel.

I love this cult

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #128 on: March 12, 2011, 01:34:26 PM »
claybuttons

I love reading all the wonderful recaps and sat down to write mine on the Mesa concert.

I just found there are not words to describe the whole wonderful experience!! Thanks to a wonderful friend (you know who you are)
I was in the 2nd row. At first I thought it too close - yes, I need my head examined!!! I was in a trance - his voice was PERFECT,
his humor was side splitting. I realized afterwards that I had a goofy grin on my face for almost 2 hours. I sometimes tend to
be too reserved, but believe me I am feeling everything - feeling it deep down. It's almost if I try to put it in words I will
never be able to give it the power it deserved. This man walks out and the world becomes a place where beauty and joy
exists. He has a talent that can't be put into words and a talent that needs to be experienced live.

A big thank you to my traveling companions - I would have never had the honor to know such wonderful women
without Clay - you all are special. A HUGE THANK YOU to the most gracious and fun hostess. Thank you for
sharing your beautiful home (and that CLACK collection), but most of all thank you for making the 3 days
a memory I will carry with me always.

I hope the concert tonight is as special as Mesa and I'm sure it will be. Have fun everyone!

ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  Tried and True Tour 2011  |  MESA ARIZONA -IKEDA CENTER 03/10/2011

gfxgfx
gfx