gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

gfx gfx
gfx
229939 Posts in 2575 Topics by 108 Members - Latest Member: CTLovesClay April 24, 2024, 01:39:46 PM
gfx* Home Help Login Register gfx
gfx
ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  Tried and True Tour 2011  |  MESA ARIZONA -IKEDA CENTER 03/10/2011
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: MESA ARIZONA -IKEDA CENTER 03/10/2011  (Read 37899 times)

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
Re: MESA ARIZONA -IKEDA CENTER 03/10/2011
« Reply #105 on: March 10, 2011, 11:59:17 PM »
Marilyn did you mean coffee or kleenex???

Coffee to stay awake, Kleenex because it will be the last.

But I plan on downloading tons of clack and somehow watching for the next few months until we hear something.

ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #106 on: March 11, 2011, 02:35:14 AM »
clayalwaysandforever

just have to third this statement. The power is totally unbelievable. I am still in awe. Whole concert was amazing, I didn't want it to end......and I finally love "Love Story." OMG! Hearing it live is just beyond words. Completely changes my opinion of that song. UNCHAINED MELODY was unworldly. WOW!WOW!WOW! I talked to several NJU tonight and though they have loved Clay since Idol they have not seen him much since. Needless to say, they were blown away tonight. Two of the older couples had seen PBS special and then and ad in the paper so they were very excited about seeing him again. Two of the ushers a man and a woman were anxious to hear him as they had never heard him sing. Didn't get to talk to them after, but I have a feeling they were impressed. One lady said she had a whole new respect for him.
I saw people asking the ushers if there was anything for sale after the concert, and they were disappointed there was not a merch table. I have a feeling a few cds will be selling on Amazon.

It was a perfect night, my only concert. Can't wait for the next chapter in Clay's life. Oh yeah, he is not "pitchy,' that was hilarious.
Not much at recapping, but just wanted to say how much I loved this concert. Can't wait to dl and listen again. We went to the bus, came out fairly quickly tonight, not too big a crowd and he looked adorable, he had crop pants on! We got a 2 second hand touch, longer than the last one I had many years ago. I love him more.

More later. Oh wow, still floating.

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #107 on: March 11, 2011, 02:36:23 AM »
keepingfaith

There have been a few perfect WDIBs on this tour. The baubles I've heard have all been quickly recovered from small cracks during the mid-range notes. I've never heard him crack on the big notes in the last third of the song. The problems I've had with some of the perfect videos of this are fans making strangled sounding whoo-hoos, and things like that, which mars a performance for me. Fort Wayne was one of the great ones, but I get too much audience interference in what I've listened to so far. Sarasota is the one that gets to me, the mime-fan audio of it. Her microphone is good enough to make it sound CD quality. The two I saw from the front row - Houston and Grand Prairie - both ran through me like arrows, and if there were imperfections, they didn't matter. The cracks make more of an impression in the clack than in the live performances, at least for me.

In Grand Prairie, I do remember saying out loud, "That was perfect" after Misty. That one is just as beautiful on video as I remember it from a few feet away. I thought his voice had the most gorgeous tone that night. And his eyes and mouth were doing all kinds of things that were nice to look at. I do know that I enjoyed the Grand Prairie concert more than any I've ever seen, because I was so thoroughly entertained on several levels, and I was privileged to see, up close, in perfect detail, every nuance of every expression I've ever loved on Clay's face. Some of them I recognized from all the way back to Idol. He was turned on, vocally and expressively. He was romantic as all get-out. His body language was whatever he wanted it to be, and oh did it ever speak to me. He IS a comic actor, regardless of his denials. His selections for Who's Sorry Now make it clear that he can rock, and he likes to sing rock (how many times has his audience choice been some form of rock music), but I'm not sure he believes that it's for him, or that the public would accept it for him. He thinks he's being funny, and he does make it funny sometimes, but he's damn good at it. He has a perfect voice for rock and especially heavy metal, as crazy as that may sound. But, he may be the last person on Earth to take himself seriously as a rock singer. I absolutely think he may be the last to know. But he'll get to it, eventually. Could he be too self-conscious to embrace it, at least for one album, because it's out of his tried and true lane? He's made believers out of us -- he MUST know.

GP was the best seat I'll ever have. I've had a few front rows before, had one in Houston in February, but this was the perfect distance from the stage, and at the perfect stage height to get a full body view, down to the toes, and without obstruction. I spoke to him and he repeated my words. "Her husband came home." Nothing will beat that. He made me laugh -- not polite laughter, but the heavy-duty kind that hurts. I'm not trying to brag about this, because I lucked into it, and I'm sure I'll never have that seat again. I walked out on a cloud, because that's what he does to me. I'm really happy about being in the Clay Aiken state of mind cult. It's a great little nirvana that hangs around for days. I feel fortunate to be susceptible to going under his "dancing spell."

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #108 on: March 11, 2011, 02:38:49 AM »
copingincalifornia

Pngndancer says hi!
she will do a red report later.
I can't do red on my phone but let me just say:

Clay is skinny y'all!

But seriously tonight was unfrigging believable. In great voice.

In one sentence: he sings with his entire body. Clack doesn't give u the entire experience that is Clay Aiken.

More later. We're at a bar!

MORE

OK quick recap (cuz I had a beer at the bar after the show and I don't drink - ha so not sure how this will come out)

I saw lots of Cv-ers but afraid I will forget a name so just HELLO to all!

CLAY AIKEN WAS BORN TO BE ON THE STAGE!

I am no fan of the Love Story Theme but when he starts to sing it, it is mesmerizing. That voice, those hands, that body, wow.

Basically in a nutshell, he sings with his entire body and it just really hit me hard tonight watching him that there is only one more show. HE NEEDS TO BE ON THE STAGE.

Before the show someone stopped me in the lobby. It was Jackie, a young gal I met in LA last year at the Ruben-Clay m&g. She had him sign her ankle that day so she could get a tattoo. We chatted. She had brought a date to the show and it was just sweet to see her there. I also sat next to another young gal and her mom and they knew the words to every song. Well during the show Clay called Jackie out for the tattoos she has and the tongue piercing! haha Small world.

Anyway he was really pissed off about the review that said he was pitchy and told us to all spam the reviewer. Too funny and yet I think he has a right to call someone out - call Clay Aiken anything you want - but pitchy is downright stupid. I loved that he did that.

His voice was top notch and FILLED the venue. Great acoustics there. Entire band did terrific. So much better to hear it all and see it all in person.

It's hard to describe what it is like to see him sing live. The jeans are too baggy and frayed He has obviously lost weight and looks incredibly fit. The voice broke in a couple of songs but the POWER WITH A CAPITAL P of his voice makes you forget that.

The clack is helpful to get a feel for a show and certainly to capture the tours he does. (I sat with Scarlett and hour before the show - it was terrific to spend a little time with her. Lovely lady). HOWEVER....

HE HAS TO BE SEEN LIVE. He is so much more than an album, a youtube video or an interview.

I got the whole package tonight and I am spent.

Waow.

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #109 on: March 11, 2011, 08:00:35 AM »
JAN-WHATEVER

Back from the Mesa Concert-- Clay fog setting in. It was wonderful!

Clay talked to my husband,MrJW/Bebop after counting 11 men in the first 3 rows... asked him what brought him here and who he was with... Bebop answered "My wife!" Clay asked, "What's her name?", and one or both of us answered "Jan". I was told that Clay responded, "Jan-whatever," although I missed that myself.. I was waiting to see what Bebop was going to say.
Bebop said (off the microphone) "After almost 50 years of marriage I'd try anything to get laid". Clay said something like, "What did you say? Come up here!" Bebop stood up--we were in row 3 at the end so it was only steps from where Clay knelt down at the side of the stage-- Took a couple of steps toward Clay who said, "Say that again," and held the mic up to him. Bebop said (into the mic) "After almost 50 years of marriage I've learned it's better to just come along quietly." Clay laughed and stood up and walked back across the stage, and said into the mic, "That's not what he said, he said he'd do anything to get laid".

All of this was the reason that the audience was laughing so hard near the beginning of the concert!

This is as close as I can remember- Maybe Scarlett got it on video. ha!
He was in such good voice-- I thought he sounded stunning throughout the concert! Oh, BoogieWoogie was what we suggested he sing!
Quiana heard us since she was right in front of us and she liked that idea and told Clay. It was really cute! Looking forward to video!

WDIB has become my new favorite song of Clay's. So beautiful and what some might call over- the -top, sounds beautifully passionate and powerful to me! I got tears in my eyes hearing and watching him sing it live, and I am not one to cry easily.

The "pitchy" banter was really funny- we got to see pissed -off Clay! Worth the ticket right there! Haha!
Clay did Beat-box during the WSB shtick-- it was suggested by the girl next to me.. I am sorry I can't remember her name.. don't think she posts here. Quiana did the beat -box part and Clay jumped around like a rapper holding his crotch and rapping into the mic! Hilarious!!

After the concert we met up with the lovely artquest, gareem, Permaswooned, canuck, and smartypantssuz! We had a drink and a snack and a great time chatting. artquest said the TheMac Geezer had his own response to Bebop's comment.. but that is hers to share...LOL!

I want to do it all again. *sob*

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #110 on: March 11, 2011, 08:03:13 AM »
SKYBAR22

Mesa Recap:

I want to give a big thank you to my concert buddies, toofargone and kocopelli. I had met tfg once, years ago and had never met koco before. They have been traveling to see Clay together for years now so I was concerned about feeling a little left out. NO WAY! They totally embraced me and they pushed me around in my wheelchair with warmth and acceptance. I felt like I was with old friends who really cared about me. Thank you both so much for making it possible for me to get to this concert. I had a blast with you both. MUAH!!!

I got home about 2 hours ago and am just unwinding. I will attempt a recap but I am pretty wired while at the same time exhausted. I love Clay.

He is so easy to love over and over again. He reminded everyone there why they became a fan. His voice was front and center all night and he was on, so on. He doesn't miss a thing.

It's interesting to me when people comment about him missing a note or not being 100% perfect because to me, his singing is perfection, even if he "cracks" or misses. In all my years, after I have no idea how many times I have seen live performers, I have never experienced anyone as consistently good as Clay Aiken. The total experience of LIVE Clay cannot be easily put into words. I'm having some trouble doing it.

I am not able to attend multiple shows and this is only the 5th time I have seen Clay live. Because of that, it is always a very special experience for me, one which I always cherish and savor for a long time after the show ends. I have been a loyal fan since "take" and can't ever imagine not loving Clay.

It was a great show and he does give his all. Clay is a consummate performer. It would be hard not to appreciate the pure talent of this man, even if one didn't like the genre of this particular CD. I am glad that I like the music too. I was dead center in the front row, a first for me and it was glorious. I was in heaven for the two hours. Truly a blissful experience for me and because it has not happened before, I will never take it for granted nor will I ever cease to appreciate the man and his talent. Yum!!!

I was swooning, bopping in my seat, closed my eyes a few times and just took it in, and I so appreciated all of it. His humor, charm, and wit were all on display. He looked at me a few times, not in any kind of acknowledgement but just while he was doing what he does, so effortlessly and I melted a bit each time. I can't explain it really but he has a gift I have seldom been privileged to see. He is so real and natural. Coming out to the world has added something to his comfort level and it shows. I love how easy it is for him to joke about it all. He just integrates it all so well, a major characteristic of a Sagittarian.

His voice was so beautiful and I thoroughly enjoyed watching all of the nuances of his facial expressions as well as how he caressed the mic with his beautiful, long fingers. The sensuality of this man's performance coupled with the glorious vocals took me somewhere I have never been before. I do not know when I will see him again live but I know I will. He isn't going anywhere. He was made for this and he knows it too.

Quiana is a classy gal. I thoroughly enjoyed her too. She is pure joy on that stage, a friend and a gift to Clay. They are so comfortable with one another. The Klezmer shtick was hilarious with Clay doing the Yiddish accent and Quiana "oying" and "mazel toving". This Jewish gal loved it.

Clay is so gracious to all of the performers on stage with him. He gave each their props. I really loved watching Felix do his thing. They are all a talented bunch and Clay appreciates each one of them. It shows.

The pitchy shtick was great. Never tell Mr. Aiken he is pitchy when it is so far from reality. Pitchy he is not. He may crack on a note once in a while but man, he is so good and covers it up well. His minor imperfections are nothing compared to most performers.

UM was divine. He carries that audience with him and we all soared together.

I also loved Crying. They sounded so good on that, the two of them knowing eachother so well and singing together with such tenderness. It is a beautiful song and I have always loved it.

All in all Clay has grown. His voice is richer, fuller, more powerful and controlled. He is comfortable on the stage like he knows he belongs there. I doubt he is giving this career up anytime soon. I look forward to what he has coming up next.

Now, to Janwhatever and her hubby. What a hoot. That was a very funny exchange Mr. JW aka Be Bop.

Thanks for seeking me out Jan and Permaswooned. Wish I could have gotten up and mingled a bit but I couldn't. I would have loved to meet more of you but we had to drive back to Tucson and it was going to be very late if we stayed.

Sorry this was so rambling. I'm tired and just wanted to share now while I'm still feeling the effects of a Clay Aiken show.

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #111 on: March 11, 2011, 08:17:17 AM »

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #112 on: March 11, 2011, 08:17:32 AM »

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #113 on: March 11, 2011, 08:17:48 AM »

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #114 on: March 11, 2011, 08:18:08 AM »

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #115 on: March 11, 2011, 08:18:27 AM »

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #116 on: March 11, 2011, 08:18:47 AM »

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #117 on: March 11, 2011, 08:19:03 AM »

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #118 on: March 11, 2011, 08:19:28 AM »

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #119 on: March 11, 2011, 08:19:46 AM »

ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  Tried and True Tour 2011  |  MESA ARIZONA -IKEDA CENTER 03/10/2011

gfxgfx
gfx