gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

gfx gfx
gfx
229523 Posts in 2574 Topics by 108 Members - Latest Member: CTLovesClay March 28, 2024, 06:39:11 PM
gfx* Home Help Login Register gfx
gfx
ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  Solo Tour 2004  |  7/8/04 STICK A GRAND FORK IN ME, I'M DONE!
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: 7/8/04 STICK A GRAND FORK IN ME, I'M DONE!  (Read 51933 times)

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
Re: 7/8/04 STICK A GRAND FORK IN ME, I'M DONE!
« Reply #780 on: July 17, 2010, 05:15:02 PM »
Renee*
  Well said!!
« Reply #780 on: July 12, 2004, 01:27:15 PM » 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Amen sister!!  Very well said Sarah and I agree 100%!
I can hardly wait till my first of three Clay concerts in August, just to hear him sing "You Were There."  I thought it was such a touching song when I read the lyrics Pamela posted.  I'm also very proud of Clay for not being ashamed of his faith in God and not afraid to sing his praises.  I'm hoping he'll make a whole gospel album!

~~ Renee* ~~ (Clayfan50 in chat)
ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #781 on: July 17, 2010, 05:15:40 PM »
Marilyn
ANN News Team

« Reply #781 on: July 12, 2004, 08:43:31 PM » 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I MYSELF BELIEVE IN GOD, HOWEVER, I AM NOT A "WORSHIPPING" CHRISTIAN IN THAT I DO NOT ATTEND CHURCH. I DO HOWEVER BELIEVE IN "PRACTICING" WHAT THE LORD PREACHES, AND THAT IS TO DO MY UTMOST TO HELP MY FELLOW MAN IN ANY WAY I CAN, BE GOOD TO THOSE LESS FORTUNATE, SPREAD LOVE WHERE I CAN.
I AM NOT OFFENDED BY OTHERS BEING A LITTLE MORE ZEALOUS AND OUTSPOKEN IN THEIR BELIEFS, SOMETIMES PERHAPS I AM A LITTLE UNCOMFORTABLE.
HOWEVER, IT IS MY HUMBLE OPINION THAT ONE SONG AT A CONCERT OF MANY OTHER SONGS IS IN NO WAY SHOVING RELIGION DOWN PEOPLES THROATS. FROM WHAT I HEAR, IT IS A BEAUTIFUL SONG-AND I BELIEVE THAT MANY OTHER SOUTHERN OR COUNTRY SINGERS ALSO INCLUDE RELIGIOUS SONGS OR SONGS ABOUT THEIR LORD-AND THEY ARE LOVELY SONGS (PICTURE AMAZING GRACE)
EVERYONE KNOWS HOW CLAY FEELS, THEY SHOULD NOT BE SURPRISED IF HE WANTS TO INCLUDE THIS IN HIS CONCERT-HE IS SHARING HIS LOVE WITH US THE WAY HE DOES WITH HIS OTHER SONGS. TO FORSAKE HIM FOR THE FACT THAT HE SANG ONE SONG THAT YOU DIDNT LIKE, OR DID NOT SING ONE SONG THAT YOU DID, IS ABSOLUTELY NOT THE ACTIONS OF A TRUE FAN. DO WE CHASTISE OTHERS IF THEY DONT SING EXACTLY WHAT WE WANT THEM TO? IT IS HIS CONCERT, AND PART OF HIM, AND THAT IS WHY MOST OF US LOVE HIM THE WAY WE DO. HE HAS NEVER PROFESSED TO BE ANY OTHER WAY. IN FACT, I THINK I LOVE HIM MORE BECAUSE OF THIS.
AND THOSE ARE MY THOUGHTS.

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #782 on: July 17, 2010, 05:16:40 PM »
summerstar
  STICK A GRAND FORK IN ME, I'M DONE!
« Reply #782 on: July 13, 2004, 02:53:38 AM » 

WAY TO GO SARAH!!! YOU TOOK THE WORDS RIGHT OUT OF MY MOUTH,
CLAY HAS ALWAYS BEEN VERY OPEN ABOUT HIS RELIGIOUS BELIEFS(HE DOES WEAR A WWJD BRACELET AT ALL TIMES) AND NOONE EVER SEEMED TO HAVE AN ISSUE WITH THAT ,AND IF YOU ASK ME THATS WHAT MAKES CLAY, CLAY. AND ITS NOT LIKE THE WHOLE CONCERT IS CHRISTIAN MUSIC! I THINK HE HAS A GREAT VARIETY IN ALL OF HIS SHOWS, AND I FOR ONE, HOPE HE NEVER LOSES HIS STRENGTH AND FAITH TO STAND UP FOR HIS BELIEFS IN GOD!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #783 on: July 17, 2010, 05:17:16 PM »
Clayfann1
  Clay's Concert in Lexington Kentucky
« Reply #783 on: July 13, 2004, 09:29:06 PM » 

Oh my gosh I am still on cloud nine.  That boy is beyong belief.  Everyone song he sang was so beautiful.  He tripped coming down the stairs during one song and laughted at himself and even made a joke about it.  He even dropped his mike and was so darn cute picking it up.  He used his hands a lot more in different gestures to emphasize the songs and oh how I was wishing to be that microphone stand.  He pulled his shirt and everyone went wild.  Don't ask me what songs he was singing when he was doing this because I was watching every move that boy make.  We were in the 4th row and about 7 seats from the catwalk so he was right there.   During the show when he brings up the house lights he said he heard there was a young man in the audience who looked like him.  Jerome brought the kid up on stage and he was slender like Clay and had the hair.  He had a piece of paper in his hand and Clay ask him if that was his acceptance speech.  The kid said not it was the word to Measure of a Man and he wanted to sing it.  Clay handed him the mike and walked around to the side of the stage.  The audience went wild and even help the kid sing.  When the audience was screaming Clay came over and took the mike from the kid and said "this is my show".   Clay then had the contest to see who was the best dancer and was going to come up on stage and dance with him and get the lei.  He chose an elderly llady with white hair who walked with a cane.  Jerome assisted her to the stage and Clay was so sweet with her dancing with her and even whirled her around.  Oh ladies he is to die for. 
After the intermission his back up singers came out all in their whte outfits and then up out of the floor came Clay dressed in a white suit.  There were TV monitors on each side of the stage and I don't know the name of the song but the words I heard over again were "and You were there".  On the monitors were different scenes dipicted and several of the Cross.  It was absolutely beautiful.  I cried and raised my hand to God.  I don't think anyone in the auditorium was offended and my admiration for Clay is even greater now that he would present the song in such a beautiful way.
I could go on for hours about the concert.   He sang a lot of the songs from his album but all I could do was just stand there like a loon and gaze into his beautiful face and watch him.

How does someone get the job of driving his bus or sitting up the equipment.  Sign me up.
Ann

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #784 on: July 17, 2010, 05:19:07 PM »
JoAnn Moody
 Why are some upset about a song?
« Reply #784 on: July 18, 2004, 03:30:09 PM » 

:)
    I am still waiting of "my" concert and I have to wait until September 8 for Clay to get to Grand Prairie! 
  : I just finished reading all 53 pages about the first concert and I am wondering why a few people changed their minds about Clay because a choice of one song,"You Were Here?"
   I am a Christian and will be looking forward to him singing this song and will also be looking forward to Clay's interpretation of his song.
   Isn't he the artist and don't artist have the right to interpret art in their own way??? 
  I don't see why some think that he is push religion down their throats.  Does he pass a donation plate throughout the audience, does he pass out religious pamplets, does he quote Bible verses?  That, in my opinion would be considered things to be expected at a "Christian concert."  So, if doesn't, then why should one or two people saying that this should have been billed as one in order to be "prepared?"
   Clay was on a television  show that used a VARITY of songs EACH EPISODE!!! This is also done in concert to produce various types!
   Hey, I don't like rap music, but I wouldn't stop going to a performers concert because they chose to sing one song of rap.
   Thank you for letting me respond with my opinion.  I respect everyone's opinion, but I'm still looking forward to Clay's Choice.

As said many times before this post.  LET CLAY BE CLAY!

JAM

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #785 on: July 17, 2010, 05:20:28 PM »
forever_clay
  STICK A GRAND FORK IN ME, I'M DONE!
« Reply #785 on: July 19, 2004, 01:59:39 AM » 

I remember many cries during the Indie Tour of 'just because he's a Christian he can still be sexy!' Well, just because he's sexy doesn't make him any less of a Christian...

I am always glad when people on this thread are willing to take a stand for what they believe. We all love Clay, but don't have to agree with everything he does.

It seems that Clay is damned if he does and damned if he doesn't.

A fan accepts and supports.

Clay was on a television show that used a VARITY of songs EACH EPISODE!!! This is also done in concert to produce various types!

i know i am a little behind the times on posting this seeing as its a week  since the concert, BUT i have to say that all of the quotes sum up most of what i feel.

Clay said from day one that he was a christian and was never affraid to show it, as proved by his WWJD bracelet that has never left his wrist. next, you say you are a fan. well, then be a fan.

if Clay were a sports team, would you honestly stop supporting him just because he lost a few games? well, consider YWT (for those of you who dont like it) to be a lost game. don't give up on him...it was one game of the season. one song of the concert. do you get upset with monday night football for not warning you that your team will lose the night's game? no. SO, don't get all upset that the bill was not noted "christian" so you could be prepared. take life as it is. so you don't like something. move on. Live and let live...

You may not always agree with song choice but then, has there ever been a single artist with 100% satisfaction on anything? i mean singer, songwriter, painter, actor, actress...blah blah blah. there is always going to be something a "fan" can pick out and critique negatively...thats human nature to agree or disagree. but, Clay is Clay. God and all. get used to it. and don't give up just because he didn't win a game. he still has a great season record!

~Amanda

(sorry about all the sports ref...it was just the first metaphore that popped into my head!!)

ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  Solo Tour 2004  |  7/8/04 STICK A GRAND FORK IN ME, I'M DONE!

gfxgfx
gfx