gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

gfx gfx
gfx
229519 Posts in 2574 Topics by 108 Members - Latest Member: CTLovesClay March 28, 2024, 04:21:02 PM
gfx* Home Help Login Register gfx
gfx
ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  Solo Tour 2004  |  6/16/04 Clay & Ben Jelen?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: 6/16/04 Clay & Ben Jelen?  (Read 11433 times)

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
6/16/04 Clay & Ben Jelen?
« on: June 27, 2010, 07:32:33 PM »
paclayfan
Clay & Ben Jelen?
« on: June 16, 2004, 09:06:52 AM » 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I read on another site that Ben Jelen will be the opening act for Clay in August.  He is a singer/songwriter/ pianist.  The first time I saw him was on MTV's TRL a few months ago. He's awesome, I hope it's true.  I checked his website , but no word there. 

Anybody know anything???
ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
Re: 6/16/04 Clay & Ben Jelen?
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2010, 07:33:04 PM »
songbird457
  Clay & Ben Jelen?
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2004, 01:27:24 PM » 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ben Jelen to open for Clay in August! A talented singer and musician,
check out Ben's website here http://maverick.com/benjelen/

This was sent from Pamela in a CLaymaniacs Aiken News Network newsletter. This is all I know, but should be interesting.

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2010, 07:33:25 PM »
STEPHANIE1130
  Oh....
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2004, 06:31:10 PM » 

I've seen his video on MTV!Thanks for the info!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2010, 07:34:16 PM »
grammaof6
Clay & Ben Jelen?
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2004, 08:27:39 PM » 

I've been wanting to respond to this thread for several days and keep forgetting. 

Wouldn't ya like to hear what those 'lovely' TRL hosts said when they heard that Ben Jelen is opening act for Clay? I remember when they had Jelen on TRL in person. They couldn't heap enough praises on him! He was the hottest up & coming star. He was a fantastic musician, he wrote his own music, he was a stud, he was the promised messiah, he was, he was, he was . . . . . . . Oh, what goes around, comes around.  hehehe

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2010, 07:34:46 PM »
CT loves Clay
Clay & Ben Jelen?
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2004, 08:30:53 PM » 

Yeah, Gramma, I remember that day on TRL. 

I really think Clay and Ben will be a great pair for the month.  He seems to be very laid back, as his clay (I think); well, as long as things are going perfect, and he doesn't eat any foods that give him an allergic reaction, and a.......... :  :   Just kidding, I would take a tour with him anytime and anywhere (if my husband would let me). :

Linda

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2010, 07:35:07 PM »
outthereforclay
  irony rules!
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2004, 08:52:27 PM » 

That's cool info, gramma! I didn't see him on TRL and don't know that I've ever even heard of him. But if TRL thinks he's so "hip" and the best and all that, isn't it a great kick in the pants that he's the "opening act" for the real star.... :

I love irony.... 8)

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2010, 07:35:25 PM »
clayfan104
  Clay & Ben Jelen?
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2004, 10:23:18 PM » 

Wow that would be really cool if Ben opened for Clay! I remember seeing him on trl to and i loved him! I think they will be great together!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2010, 07:35:44 PM »
cjrmax
  Clay & Ben Jelen?
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2004, 01:12:02 PM » 

I think I am really going to like Ben Jelen!  He is adorable.  From the music of his I have heard, he's really good - just the kind of music I usually like.  I tend to gravitate toward singer/songwriters.  I just wish I was going to more concerts in August!

I think the critics will really like him so everyone brace yourselves for the opening act getting better reviews than the headliner! We all know how much most of the so-called critics like Clay!  :

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2010, 07:36:21 PM »
quynn
Clay & Ben Jelen?
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2004, 01:52:11 PM » 

I too am happy to see that Ben Jelen will be the opening act for the August concerts.  He is VERY talented and has a great voice to listen to....just my opinion, and the type of music I enjoy.  I didn't care for the Beau sisters, so getting to hear someone I enjoy before Clay's performance will be a bonus and will seem like I'm getting more BANG for my buck.

This will be a great opportunity for Ben to get exposure as well.  I think it will be a great pair up.  There may be numerous Clay fans who will enjoy Ben's genre of music and pass the word on to others.  I'm not sure what the sales figures are so far for the summer tour, but if they are any where close the Independent Tour figures, Ben will be exposed to thousands of people who may never have taken an interest in his music had this opportunity not occurred.  And, swinging the pendulum in the opposite direction, there may be Ben Jelen fans who will attend the concerts who may even broaden their musical tastes and discover Clay.  :)

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2010, 07:37:13 PM »
paclayfan
Clay & Ben Jelen?
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2004, 02:20:37 PM » 

Here's a little info about Ben Jelen. He's about 25 years old and has a biology degree from Rutgers.  He is a self taught musician ad plays a few instruments.  He was offered a modeling contract , but turned it down to concentrate on music.

A focused, smart,  handsome  25 year old who is all about the music.. Remind you of anyone?

I'm only going to one concert this summer (Musikfest) so I really hope he's there.  It really would be a dynamic duo!!  (Of course, I want to see Clay much more and feel lucky to have gotten tickets)

I agree with quynn (SP?)  about the reviews, but by now we've got their  "number".  We'll be ready!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2010, 07:37:35 PM »
fhmmany2
Clay & Ben Jelen?
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2004, 05:11:58 PM » 

Ben Jelen (who I never heard of until I heard he was opening for Clay) is in the June 28 People Magazine "50 Hottest Bachelors" edition. He is on page 120. (Clay is not included in the Top 50). He IS a really nice looking man, but he's no Clay. It says that he was first discovered as a Calvin Klein model, but when Clavin Klein heard his voice, he was offered a recording contract instead. There is a lot more in the article (he seems to have some values in common with Clay) - interesting to read if you will be seeing him in concert.

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2010, 07:38:18 PM »
lorraine
Clay & Ben Jelen?
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2004, 07:57:37 PM » 

TWO MEN AT ONCE AND ALL OF US CLAYMANIACS AT THE MUSIKFEST SOUNDS PRETTY GOOD TO ME.   I REMEMBER SEEING HIM ON TRL AND REALLY LIKED HIM.  A CLEAN CUT PERSON.  I AM REALLY LOOKING FORWARD TO THAT.

LORRAINE

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2010, 07:38:54 PM »
ACcountryFan
Clay & Ben Jelen?
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2004, 07:55:46 AM » 

to expound on what cjrmax was saying. be prepared for nasty reviews. so, i'd like to offer some fake-critic headlines that i've made up and so when the time comes and you see these similar type of headlines, you'll already have a grasp of what to expect and you'll be exposed to it by me right now. And so, as one man said to the other man who had the stiff neck: brace yourself:

1. Runner-up Aiken and piano player Ben Jelen should switch places...Jelen should be the one Aiken is opening for

2. Rarely does the opening act make you wish the star of the show never walks on stage

3. All night long the crowd seemed to be yellin' for Jelen and it made the star attraction seem more like window dressing

and lastly...

4. Ben Jelen can write songs and play music...and so why is he opening for someone like Clay Aiken who just sings?
=======================

those are just four examples of some personal attacks the critics will no doubt be printing throughout the pairing and i already know what to expect from the ClayNation: we'll politely disagree unless the critics go over-board.

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2010, 07:39:32 PM »
lorraine
Clay & Ben Jelen?
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2004, 08:23:25 AM » 

IT HURTS AC AND YOU PROBABLY ARE RIGHT BUT LET THEM BRING IT OUT.  WE CAN TAKE ANYTHING AT THIS POINT.  THEY WILL NOT DETER US FROM OUR MISSION AND THAT IS A FAN FOREVER FOR CLAY AIKEN.

LORRAINE

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2010, 07:39:57 PM »
cjrmax
  Clay & Ben Jelen?
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2004, 10:12:49 AM » 

AC - I can definitely see all those headlines, except maybe #3.  I doubt a crowd that will be 99% Clay fans will be yelling for Ben Jelen and NOT for Clay!  And since in most cases tickets were sold to these concerts before the announcement that Ben Jelen would be opening for him, I suspect most of the audience will definitely be Clay fans!

But the other fake headlines....... They sound about right - unfortnately!  At least we are prepared for them!

ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  Solo Tour 2004  |  6/16/04 Clay & Ben Jelen?

gfxgfx
gfx