gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

gfx gfx
gfx
229517 Posts in 2574 Topics by 108 Members - Latest Member: CTLovesClay March 28, 2024, 11:18:11 AM
gfx* Home Help Login Register gfx
gfx
ClayManiacs.com  |  Got Clay?  |  Clay Daily  |  BRINGING BROADWAY HOME- RALEIGH N.C. 6/21/10
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: BRINGING BROADWAY HOME- RALEIGH N.C. 6/21/10  (Read 33222 times)

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
Re: BRINGING BROADWAY HOME- RALEIGH N.C. 6/21/10
« Reply #75 on: June 22, 2010, 12:09:18 AM »
Cargo shorts and a button-down shirt?

What a dork! :laugh:

Yup, thats Clay-and I love every bit of it!!
ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #76 on: June 22, 2010, 12:10:18 AM »

Tiffany

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
« Reply #77 on: June 22, 2010, 12:15:44 AM »
LOL Sunny-So happy to hear you went and glad you and Michelle got to see Barbara and Marlene too.
Thanks for your recaps Marlene. Clay and Quiana also sounded fantasic!!! Wish I could had gone. Had no idea Clay would sing these many songs. I want clack now pretty please!!! He sounded really funny with his bantor too. Want to see Terrance Mann on Clay's lap. HA And throwing the shoes at Quiana reminded me of SRIAHP after she sang the Faith Hill songl LOL

So glad you gals had a great time!!! Now I'm so ready for the tour. Another month to wait. AHHHH

Tiffany

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
« Reply #78 on: June 22, 2010, 12:17:16 AM »
Thanks Marilyn for bring the pics. *thud* It does look like the suit from THe View.

Tiffany

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac

mimi

• Enthusiastic
« Reply #80 on: June 22, 2010, 06:32:08 AM »
I'm a lovin Toni7Babe...that woman has nerves of steel to have pulled that off.
Forgive your enemies...it messes with their head.

Lorilovesgolf

• Enthusiastic
« Reply #81 on: June 22, 2010, 07:27:18 AM »
Ahhh he looks and sounds wonderful!!!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #82 on: June 22, 2010, 07:42:59 AM »
(itsadonut @ Jun 21 2010, 11:49 PM)
WOW!!! I spoke to Karan after the concert and I told her that I have seen Clay sing more times live than I can even count. And this was honestly THE best I have ever heard him. You guys, he was in rare, rare form. Not even a hint of a missed note, an off key note, he hit every single solo and duet out of the park.

This Is The Moment, what can I say? He killed it. I was really excited to see him do it. He did mention the singing competion (Pieces of Gold) and that he stood right on that spot...and then blew the roof off the joint! And I can't even describe to you what he did with Those Magic Changes. I heard him do things with his voice that I have never heard before. I told Karan that I literally jumped out of my seat. I did do that for "Build Me Up Buttercup" in March but that was excitement over the song. This was pure excitement due to the crazy vocal things he was doing. And the funny thing is that was the song I was LEAST looking forward to. I am so glad there is video because everyone needs to see it. I honestly think that this is the best he has ever sounded.

And I just have to stop talking about Clay for one moment to say, Terrance Mann. My God but he's good! I had forgetten how freakin' good he is. I can't totally explain but when he started singing Stars from Le Miz, I started to cry. And I cried through the rest of the song. I think it's mainly because that show came out when I was in college and was so loved by me and my friends. It reminded me of a certain time in my life. And that melody is so beautiful. And Terrance just has such a distinctive and rich sounding voice. He stands at that mic and commands the stage. Just wonderful.

Random Funny moments...Terrance did a song called Where's The Girl. He ran up to each person and did a bit of business. When he got to Clay he kind of sat on his lap and Clay put his head on his shoulder. Very cute! Then Terrance got in front of the conductor and while he's singing he was rubbing his hand up and down his leg! And the conductor did not miss a beat!

When Lauren Kennedy did her duet with Clay she stopped and said she was going to get all geeky for a moment and then screamed, "I'm singing with Clay Aiken!" She gave him a big hug when they finished and when they left after their final bow she gave him another big hug and they twirled around.

When Clay stood up to do a solo he unbuttoned his jacket and said he knew that one side of his tie was shorter than the other but he needed to unbutton his jacked and wanted us all to know that he knew it was like that. :-)

When Quiana was getting ready to sing (And I Am Telling You) I'm Not Going she said she needed to take off her shoes to sing it...and she did. When she finished (and she tore it up!) everyone took off their shoes in honor of her performance and threw them on the stage. It was funny to watch Clay scramble to find his shoes!

it was fun to hear the stories. Terrance Mann talked about when he directed 1776 and Clay played the courier. He had one line but a solo song as well called Mama Look Sharp. He basically said that he could hardly get Clay to speak the line and that he was kind of wooden and soft spoken, but that when he came down to sing it was like the voice of God. The story was much more involved (and funnier) than the way I'm telling it but you get the idea.

It was really a great night. Everyone did a great job. Lots of talent on that stage. And Clay just really blew me away tonight. I'm especially glad I got to see him sing This Is The Moment. That must have been quite a thrill for him after all these years and all the ups and downs in his life, to come back home to that same stage and give the performance that he did. What a triumph. :heart

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #83 on: June 22, 2010, 07:45:11 AM »
From Cotton at CV

As for the show . . .
It was AWESOME!

Clay looked great. The comradery amongst those onstage was wonderful.
QUIANA KILLED!
Damn that girl can SANG!

Seeing Terrance Mann sit in Clay's lap and Clay feign going Gah Gah over him was worth the price of admission!
Clay singing HOME was amazing!

Quiana looked great. Talked to her briefly after the show. Says she IS going out "with the guys" this summer. See you in July, Q!

Sharon Lawrence is beautiful, sweet, friendly and ITTY BITTY!

DH shook Clay's hand! (I was no where near him at the time!!)

I am so glad we came tonight. DH and I met doing The Unsinkable Molly Brown in 1977. I realized tonight just how much I miss live theater! What fun!

I know you know this already, but Clay was in a silver gray jacket with black pocket detailing, black (prolly OMG show suit) pants, white shirt, black/gray tie. Gray/black/white striped socks!

I nearly fainted when I he walked into the after party!
White linen shirt, rolled up sleeves, shorts, sandals (I think).

Has there ever been a more disjointed post??!!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #84 on: June 22, 2010, 07:46:53 AM »
2old4Clay at CV:
I also want to add that I watched Clay a lot while Quiana was singing...he is so proud of that girl...he was smiling ear to ear as she reached for the high notes, nodding his head in recognition of her talent. The song from Grease..I didn't recognize, but rocker Clay really got into it...that is the one song I want to watch over and over again. I liked the casual atmosphere of the sitting in chairs and telling stories of how they came to be there and associated with the theatre and with each other.

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #85 on: June 22, 2010, 07:50:36 AM »
Brighstar at CV

Not a lot to add to the reports from others.
But one thing was clear: the stage was filled with incredible talent--amazing actors, singers, performers--who blew us away. And Clay deserved his spot among the more seasoned, and outrageously talented, performers. He was one of them--talented, charismatic, comfortable in the spotlight, and with a voice that clearly touched and impressed these performers who have seen and heard the best. When he was singing Mack the Knife, Sharon Lawrence was smiling and shaking her head in clear admiration and respect.

Deep voice Clay was up there all night. Rich, full voice, then surprising the audience when he'd bounce to a high note.

I really laughed at Terrence Mann's stories of Clay. He imitated how Clay stood humbly, with his head bowed, when he met him years ago. He described him as "a stick", standing in the corner, waiting to be called up to the stage. But when he sang, he said it was like the voice of God.

Quiana totally knocked it out of the park. That woman is TALENTED!

Terrence Mann was sooo impressive--wonderful full, deep voice. Funny too.

Lauren Kennedy had a gorgeous voice and was made for the stage. She was an absolute riot. These folks must have had an absolute ball together!

I'm so thrilled with the quality and consistency of Clay's voice. This summer is gonna be heaven!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #86 on: June 22, 2010, 07:51:37 AM »
Cotton at CV:

I periodically watched the performers watch each other perform. They enjoyed each other as much as we enjoyed them. I mean, I saw pride from all of them for each singer they were sharing the stage with.
Plus, watching Clay watch Quiana, it wasn't just pride in her HUGE talent and her FABULOUS voice. It was pure love showing in his face as he watched and listened to her do each song.

Not only does Quiana have a great voice, she has quite a range and plenty of nuance in her delivery.

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #87 on: June 22, 2010, 07:55:31 AM »
Claymaniac in PA:

At the end, Lauren? said, this is the past, present, and future of the NC Theatre company. Quiana was clearly "the future" in that equation, and she got a lot of well-deserved props from everyone. They all clearly had a lot of respect for each other, and one reason for that is that Clay and Lauren admired Sharon and Terry when they were NC "stars" and then Clay admired Lauren when she was at Broughton and their show choir won nationals and she was doing local theatre. They went from admiring them when they were children to working with them as adults. The interweaving of their lives and careers in the stories they told was fascinating to me. And as someone who came from the same place, I watched it happen for Terry and for Sharon--Lauren was after my time.

and

Was Clay using his falsetto during In Whatever Time We Have. The two of them sounded gorgeous during that song.

Yes, and OMG yes!

and

Has no one said that Lauren came out for her first number wearing a tiara, a boa, and a sash that said "Raleigh's own." Cracked me up. I had just been saying to people, you never hear anyone say "Raleigh's own Sharon Lawrence" or "Raleigh's own Lauren Kennedy." She must've noticed that at those interviews they were doing together that the news people always introduce him as "Raleigh's own." She and he seem to be especially good friends. I thought she was very funny, vivacious and talented.

and

I'll have to think about how to describe this beyond the nostalgia kick this was for me, (Hee, I just remembered a post I wrote in 2005.) because it really was so much more,

and Clay was "the star," IMO, and not just because most of the people there were there for him. Well Quiana out sang them all but Clay sang and was also more nuanced and just in amazing voice.

In his story about directing Clay in 1776, Terry said that voice (Clay's) was "the voice of God or something kindred to it"--I think those were his words, need to check the clack, cause I wanna know the exact words.

The sound system was not as good as the one they used for PBS. I've never heard a sound system as good as that one was.

Clay sang so many songs I hadn't heard him sang before. I want to watch them again over and over. If we didn't have clack I'm not sure I could stand it.

I haven't stopped grinning yet.

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #88 on: June 22, 2010, 07:56:12 AM »
Cotton at CV:

I also asked about the orchestra.
They are not a "unit".
They are individual musicians who are "pulled" for performances for the NCT's various shows. I had friends in Greensboro who "hired out" for theater musicals. It all depends on their schedules, etc, which shows they do.

Some of the are from NC Symphony but not all.

Tiffany

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
« Reply #89 on: June 22, 2010, 08:29:25 AM »
Wow!!! Thanks again Marilyn for the recaps. Sounded like an amazing night and those fans are so lucky to see Clay at the after party for a min too. That's huge! Too bad this concert wasn't on TV or someone could had made a DVD of it. Heading to the clack now and oh he looks GHGFBBBJYEGGGHF gorgeous.

Marlene, Barbara, Sunny and Marlene-So happy you went. Represented us Claymaniacs well. ;D Glad you had a great time.

ClayManiacs.com  |  Got Clay?  |  Clay Daily  |  BRINGING BROADWAY HOME- RALEIGH N.C. 6/21/10

gfxgfx
gfx