gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

gfx gfx
gfx
229876 Posts in 2575 Topics by 108 Members - Latest Member: CTLovesClay April 19, 2024, 03:52:57 PM
gfx* Home Help Login Register gfx
gfx
ClayManiacs.com  |  Got Clay?  |  Clay Daily  |  BRINGING BROADWAY HOME- RALEIGH N.C. 6/21/10
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: BRINGING BROADWAY HOME- RALEIGH N.C. 6/21/10  (Read 33754 times)

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
Re: BRINGING BROADWAY HOME- RALEIGH N.C. 6/21/10
« Reply #60 on: June 21, 2010, 11:29:35 PM »
He is hugging people.

Well that was quick! He's gone.
ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!

Tiffany

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
« Reply #61 on: June 21, 2010, 11:30:44 PM »
Opps! Sorry you beat me to it. Have to go soon anyway. Will read the rest in the morning. Thank you again! :)

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #62 on: June 21, 2010, 11:31:49 PM »
No Jerome. Came in with Cheryl and some guy she didn't recognize. Everyone changed. Correction the shirt was the one he wore during the show.

I think they mean Sharon

Irishbookgal was talking a mile a minute so I got a couple of things mixed up - but you get the idea - Clay showed up at the after party! Eeeeeeeeee!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #63 on: June 21, 2010, 11:33:43 PM »
From Imsnoqueen at CV:

They had a small program, which was free.

The only full standing O was for Quiana's final song, then for all 5 singers, at the end of the show.

The house orchestra played, so no PBS orchestra members. There was a sax solo, during Clay's What Kind of Fool Am I.

Fewer people there than there were at the PBS taping.

Clay was in fine voice tonight. Beautiful harmony, whenever he sang with others.

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #64 on: June 21, 2010, 11:35:09 PM »
He came in with Cheryl his assistant - then at one point Sharon dragged him across the room to meet some people.

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #65 on: June 21, 2010, 11:35:51 PM »
From Imsnoqueen:

When Clay was singing the song from Grease, Terrence Mann started clapping, almost leading the audience, and the audience joined in. I think this really got Clay going. The song was awesome. I can't believe that I've never heard it before. I hope someone got it on video. I'd love to hear it again.

Before Quiana sang the song from Dreamgirls, she took off her shoes. After the song, when she got her standing O, Clay took off his shoes, then everyone else did, and they were there in a pile. Terrence took off his jacket, and threw it on the heap. It was really cute.

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #66 on: June 21, 2010, 11:36:46 PM »
toni7babe:

Terrance Mann was there also, Clay signed autographs as did others

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #67 on: June 21, 2010, 11:49:09 PM »
from claysgalsal at CV:

DANG!! Why am I at home??!!
I did want to add a few more comments about tonight. The stage set up was beautiful with a 26 member orchestra. that was fantastic. The director has done many shows with NC Theatre. Lighting was similar to PBS---but a lot less of it. There were long white curtains draped nicely above and down the sides of the stage. Five comfortable red velvet looking chairs were set up across the stage in front of the orchestra---with spacing and small tables set up with water and a glass for each performer. It was a very relaxed atmosphere, and the performers interacted with each other throughout the show. Seated from left to right were Sharon Lawrence, Clay, Lauren, Terrance Mann, and Quiana. The stage had that misty look to it in the beginning like the PBS special had.
Clay came out first and stood in the shadows in a profile shot. I was not sure it was him for a few seconds, and then a little more light begin to shine on him. The hair was beautiful. Still long and light brown, brushed back a bit on the sides and parted. At one point in the show, he leaned over to get something on the stage floor, and his hair came forward over his face more. Loved it like that. He evidently tied his own tie, and was not pleased with the way it turned out. At one point when he got up to sing he said that he was sure we had noticed that one part of the tie hung much shorter than the other. He kept trying to straighten it. He was so funny. He would unbutton his coat when he returned to his chair and button it when he stood up. His clothes were beautiful. At the end when Quiana sang "And I am telling you I'm not going" from Dreamgirls, she got a big standing ovation. She had taken off her heels at the beginning of the song to be able to really get into the words and emotions of the song. She was fabulous. Everyone threw their shoes around Quiana's shoes to show their amazing reaction to her song. Clay stood there in his adorable socks that had a light brown stripe on them. Clay had the first standing ovation with "Those Magic Changes" from Grease. I LOVED THAT SONG. Clay was moving and twisting his body from the waist down. We were all dying. It was like a shot of "It's about damn time!" to finally see him sing and move like that again.

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #68 on: June 21, 2010, 11:49:52 PM »
From GCA:

QUOTE (karebear65 @ Jun 21 2010, 10:15 PM)
Im back from a most FANTASTIC evening! This show was much more than I could have asked for. The last song Clay did "Those Magic Changes" was awesome! Afterwards Quiana said "that was sexy". Terence Mann sang "Where's the Girl" and sang to Lauren and Quiana and Sharon, then sat on Clay's lap. Clay was play acting swooning. After Quiana sang, Clay threw his shoes at her and the rest of the cast did the same. Striped socks, as usual.

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #69 on: June 21, 2010, 11:51:26 PM »
from DolcePienz at CH:

Posted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:49 pm GMT    Post subject:   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I went to the reception after the show and got signatures on my playbill from Terrence, Lauren and Sharon. Then I went in the hall to call a couple friends who had gone back to their rooms so they could come down. When I got back Clay and Quiana were in the room too! I was able to get their signatures in the playbill too and told Clay the show was amazing and he thanked me. He looked lovely, white shirt, nice hair. Terrence, Lauren and Sharon were all very nice and friendly. I was lucky that my timing was just right because Clay was only there for maybe 5 minutesish. he seemed in a good mood and let people take pics but did not pose.

The show was awesome! The after reception was a nice little extra, cherry on top!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #70 on: June 21, 2010, 11:54:11 PM »
From geekette at the CH

Posted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:52 pm GMT    Post subject:   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What a fabulous, fabulous show! Clay and Quiana were both in great voice, and I swooned a bit over Terrence Mann's voice as well. But it's funny how it's just different when Clay sings. It's like home to me. Weird, huh.

Speaking of Home...sorry for the goof in the cellcert. I'm not sure what happened, but it disconnected, and even though the phone was sitting on my knee, I didn't feel it vibrate. Probably because Clay was singing. Fabulous. Hair was casual, I think he was wearing the jacket from the PBS show, and black pants. At one point later he mentioned that his tie was poorly tied, the ends were uneven, so he apologized but said he was tired of buttoning his jacket. Honestly, it looked better unbuttoned.

I know there were times you couldn't hear the singing for the audience laughter - Lauren came out with her "Raleigh's Own" sash, boa, and tiara and went into the audience singing Popular, picking out people, and put the boa and tiara on a man a row in front of us. Her voice is fine, but I really enjoyed her acting.

Terrence Mann - I see why he's so famous. Stage presence, he haz it. Stars was...fabulous. Sharon Lawrence was fine. She's more of an actor than a singer, I'd say, but she was enjoyable.

My one disappointment tonight was Don't Rain On My Parade. Barbra's version was on continuous replay in my house way back, but Quiana must not have been familiar with the song. She really could have (should have) killed it.

In Whatever Time We Have was a highlight. Clay and Lauren really brought the best out in each other. That falsetto of Clay's - don't hear that very often.

I hope there's clack of "Where's the Girl." Terrence prowled the stage, making all the girls swoon. He sat on Clay's lap and Clay fanned himself. Then he flirted outrageously with the conductor - it was very funny.

Clay's song from Grease, which I didn't recognize at all, was great. Everyone was clapping along...then Quiana brought the house down (and got all the shoes, too!) It's just that type of song. Not my favorite, but she sings it well.

mimi

• Enthusiastic
« Reply #71 on: June 21, 2010, 11:56:22 PM »
I am home and Barbara is on her way back to Wilson.

THE SHOW WAS WONDERFUL.I wish you all could have been there. It was very informal,and there were 5 chairs with tables in between them..Very relaxing atmosphere.

Thank goodness for my binoculars..Clay is one good looking man, and his eyes just twinkle in the spotlights WOW!  Gwenn there was definetly stubble and his hair looked nice , but one ear was sticking out a little, but WOW!

We saw Sunny & Michelle before the show started,and Sunny did indeed have on a top

Clay had on The View jacket,dark pants,a grey tie with a darker colored stripe. He kept fiddleing with his jacket button,and one time when he got up to sing..He unbuttoned it and said I'm aware that my tie is longer on one side...He's just so cute.

His voice was wonderful...Quiana got a standing O after singing I'm Not Going.

What I especially loved watching with the binoculars was How proud Clay was of Quiana and it really shows  by just watching how he looks at her,and a lot of times he would just close his eyes as if he were soaking it all in..I LOVE THIS MAN!
Its late and I'm going to bed but I wish you could have all been there tonight ..It was very special, not only to the performers but to those who were fortunate to see & hear them

Forgive your enemies...it messes with their head.

Sundancer

• Claymaniac
  • Goddess of Snark
« Reply #72 on: June 21, 2010, 11:58:58 PM »
Cargo shorts and a button-down shirt?

What a dork! :laugh:
To look at me, you may be wrong. I've been through this--it made me strong.
I believed that I would find an open door or a light to lead me to the other side.

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #73 on: June 22, 2010, 12:07:12 AM »
Thanks Marlene- and Sunny I am glad you wore a top- otherwise you would have stolen the show!!

Sundancer

• Claymaniac
  • Goddess of Snark
« Reply #74 on: June 22, 2010, 12:08:58 AM »
We saw Sunny & Michelle before the show started,and Sunny did indeed have on a top
Shhhh! :laugh: ;)

It was good seeing you again, Marlene! And Barb!
To look at me, you may be wrong. I've been through this--it made me strong.
I believed that I would find an open door or a light to lead me to the other side.

ClayManiacs.com  |  Got Clay?  |  Clay Daily  |  BRINGING BROADWAY HOME- RALEIGH N.C. 6/21/10

gfxgfx
gfx