gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

gfx gfx
gfx
229934 Posts in 2575 Topics by 108 Members - Latest Member: CTLovesClay April 23, 2024, 09:00:34 PM
gfx* Home Help Login Register gfx
gfx
ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  Aiken News Network (ANN)  |  AIKEN NEWS NETWORK June 8, 2010
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: AIKEN NEWS NETWORK June 8, 2010  (Read 2329 times)

clayharmony

• ANN News Team
  • Enthusiastic
  • When You Wish Upon a Star...
AIKEN NEWS NETWORK June 8, 2010
« on: June 08, 2010, 12:59:41 AM »

Backstage Live: Interviews with Clay Aiken, Sherri Shepherd and Gary Vaynerchuk

It was a busy morning this past Saturday on Backstage Live- we had three dynamo personalities stop by to chat.

Clay Aiken is doing the circuit promoting his new album "Tried and True". He had promoted it on his site, which meant that a ton of fans were tuned in to our show waiting to see and talk to him live. We spoke about the album, his upcoming tour with fellow "Idol" alum Ruben Studdard, his work with UNICEF and why he's just not into the whole Twitter thing./p>

Clay's jois de vivre gladdens my heart;
his spiritual consciousness and musical gifts bring  harmony to my soul.

What is beautiful is a joy for all seasons...

Life is a Song ~ Love is the Music

clayharmony

• ANN News Team
  • Enthusiastic
Re: AIKEN NEWS NETWORK June 8, 2010
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2010, 01:02:15 AM »

Aiken: 'I was picked on for being gay'

Clay Aiken has revealed that he was picked on at school as a child for being gay.

The singer, who remembered being teased and called names, recently became a public supporter of the Gay, Lesbian and Straight Education Network (GLSEN) in order to ensure that students like himself are safe and happy.

"I don't know what it would have done for me. But I feel like there's a potential impact there,"

clayharmony

• ANN News Team
  • Enthusiastic
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2010, 01:04:23 AM »

IDOL rigged or AMERICA deaf?

Where does this leave general season favorite Crystal Bowersox, and what does she now have in common with Adam Lambert, Clay Aiken, and Blake Lewis? Well first off, it leaves in her in a nice comfy position; there’s zero doubt that countless record labels have already obliterated her door offering (most likely) very lucrative contracts. As for the latter question: like Lambert, Aiken and Lewis, she lost to an inferior musician and performer.

clayharmony

• ANN News Team
  • Enthusiastic
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2010, 09:03:35 AM »
Read the entire blog by Nanjeanne via this link.

The Classics - and The Classy!

Monday, June 07, 2010
The Classics - and The Classy!
Everyone knows I have eclectic taste in music. I like my rock to really rock (not the Daughtry-kind) so I still play Ten Years After and Pink Floyd and The Doors. I still go to cafes to listen to folk music and I see Tom Paxton every single time he's playing near me - even as recently as a few months ago and at 72 he's still funny, warm and emotionally touching. And over the holiday weekend I was thrilled to be sitting in a wine bar in my little town, sipping a martini and listening to the fabulous jazz guitarist and legend, Bucky Pizzarelli still dynamite at 84 years young. I don't know why it is that I don't gravitate to one kind of music only but I feel fortunate that I don't. I know music is subjective and some people simply don't "feel" anything but pop or classical strikes them right. I have a million moods and a million songs to fit them. I think I'm lucky that way.

I've been thinking a lot about this particularly since Clay Aiken's  new album Tried and True arrived at my doorstep. Now I love Clay's voice but I've never been one who's said "he can sing the phone book and I'll be happy". I have zero interest in hearing the phone book sung by anyone - including a voice as interesting as Clay's. Music matters to me. I wasn't happy when I heard he was singing "covers" but I became much more interested when I heard he was singing "standards". I never tire of hearing Ella sing "They Can't Take That Away From Me" and Kenny Rankin's version of 'Round Midnight  will be on my deserted island.  So I was excited about this album - and it didn't disappoint me at all. And Clay's rendition of Misty keeps inching over on Sarah Vaughan's which shocks the heck out of me!

clayharmony

• ANN News Team
  • Enthusiastic
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2010, 09:30:32 AM »
Clay's new cause...here's the link...
GLSEN

And on this page are lists of books to respond to gay bullying:
Anti-bullying Resources

Four Steps Schools Can Take to Address Anti-LGBT Bullying and Harassment
Anti-LGBT bullying is a widespread problem in America’s schools, which requires a focused response. GLSEN recommends four approaches that schools can implement now to address anti-LGBT bullying and make schools safer for all students.
  ThinkB4YouSpeak Campaign Educator’s Guide
In partnership with the Ad Council, GLSEN has created an educator’s guide to accompany its PSA campaign about the hurtful and demeaning term “that’s so gay.” The guide assists middle and high school educators in presenting the various components of this campaign to students, framing and discussing the ads in class, and extending student learning about

Carolina Clay

• Admirer
    • Carolina On My Mind
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2010, 10:57:16 AM »
Carolina On My Mind

Larry Flick's 45-minute interview of Clay Aiken on SIRIUS XM Radio Sunday, including three complete "Tried & True" tracks, is considered by fans as the "best ever"!

Featured graphics are by SueReu, Fountaindawg, and AmazingCA plus cindilu2's double clickable of the T&T LIVE! DVD cover.

Hope you enjoy!   :)

Caro

WilsonClaymate

• Enthusiastic
  • The way you make me feel
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2010, 07:49:41 PM »
Johanna & Caro - thanks so much for all this great news.  With the hours I am working right now, I really appreciate the fact that I can come here and find all the latest info.
"For me he's not a hobby, he's not an obsession, he's a joy, something that makes me happy..."    ~cc777

ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  Aiken News Network (ANN)  |  AIKEN NEWS NETWORK June 8, 2010

gfxgfx
gfx