gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

gfx gfx
gfx
229524 Posts in 2574 Topics by 108 Members - Latest Member: CTLovesClay March 28, 2024, 07:51:05 PM
gfx* Home Help Login Register gfx
gfx
ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  Media & Appearance Archive  |  12/11/03 SUPPORTING THE IDOLS: SO WHAT DO WE DO NOW?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: 12/11/03 SUPPORTING THE IDOLS: SO WHAT DO WE DO NOW?  (Read 11682 times)

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
Re: 12/11/03 SUPPORTING THE IDOLS: SO WHAT DO WE DO NOW?
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2010, 11:16:03 PM »
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
SUPPORTING THE IDOLS: SO WHAT DO WE DO NOW?
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2003, 10:13:28 PM »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I just posted about this under the thread called 'TRL confused'...but hey, why stop now?   8)

The fact of the matter is that Clay is not the only artist with fans, and their success does not take away from his.  Time and energy are precious commodities to most people.  Positive efforts are much more meaningful and, much more successful in the long run. 

It does seem to us that Clay takes more than his fair share of criticism and humiliation.  But in reality, any one in the public eye must be prepared to handle the harsh reality of fame.  Sure, I hate to hear the late night talk show hosts make jokes at Clay's expense, but trust me, if Clay was not a HOT commodity in the social conscience right now, we wouldn't be hearing his name in a Conan O'Brien joke.  They will move on eventually, to pick on someone else.

For example, I read many posts in Internetland about the brutal comments made by the plastic dog puppet about Clay on the Billboard awards show.  Hardly anyone mentioned the fact that Michael Jackson, Britney Spears, Justin Timberlake, Ruben, Justin Guarini and others were slammed as well.  You would think that the late night talk show hosts (as unfunny as they usually are) only ever make fun of Clay.  Not so.

You would think from reading the Internet message boards that Clay is universally hated by the entire media empire.  Not so.  He has great support from Diane Sawyer and ABC, Neil Sedaka, Disney, Fred Bronson at Billboard;  he receives the loudest cheers and the largest crowds at his concert and TV appearances, Rolling Stone sought him out even before AI was over, he received many good reviews for MoaM, he is mentioned in articles almost every day, he is practically known by only one name now -
CLAY.

Say CLAY and almost anyone will know who you are talking about.  As forum manager of this board, I get emails from movie companies, magazines and all kind of people who want to get in touch with Clay.  They all want a piece of Clay.  He is hot right now.  HOT!

So, as much as some of us might want to weep and rend our garments in despair over the unfair treatment of our Clay, I can only offer this -

It's all good.  Clay is on a rocket to the stars!  And I intend to hold on tight and enjoy the ride. 

ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2010, 11:16:21 PM »
claymore
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2003, 12:28:41 AM »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
pamela,it is so true.
if clay is not HOT nobody would notice at all.
"passersby throw stones on the tree that bears fruit."

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2010, 11:17:48 PM »
Leveland
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2003, 07:06:19 AM »   

(Standing Ovation for Pamela)  I agree and have posted the same opinion before.  He lets it slide off his back so why shouldn't we?  Great Post Pamela.. Love Terry

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2010, 11:18:08 PM »
bisi
Supporting the Idols
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2003, 08:29:22 PM »   

Terrific, edifying article.  It should be required reading for all Clay fans.  Hope all boards have it and post it.  Thanks again, Pam!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2010, 11:18:38 PM »
caramel131
« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2003, 09:10:24 PM »   

Can someone who is a member of another site, paste Pam's article there as suggestive reading?  We all need to get on the same page as far as Clay is concerned.  I've seen on various threads where people have stated that the information they were posting was from another site.  We need to show the public that Clay's normal fans far outweigh the fanatics.

ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  Media & Appearance Archive  |  12/11/03 SUPPORTING THE IDOLS: SO WHAT DO WE DO NOW?

gfxgfx
gfx