gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

gfx gfx
gfx
229521 Posts in 2574 Topics by 108 Members - Latest Member: CTLovesClay March 28, 2024, 05:41:02 PM
gfx* Home Help Login Register gfx
gfx
ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  Media & Appearance Archive  |  12/11/03 IS IT CLAYMATION?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: 12/11/03 IS IT CLAYMATION?  (Read 11456 times)

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
Re: 12/11/03 IS IT CLAYMATION?
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2010, 09:33:33 PM »
1bulldog530 clay
  RE:Clays Review
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2003, 01:07:54 AM »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I h ave so much bottled inside me regarding this issue that I will give it my best shot. I have followed Clay from beginning to the end. I have seen him rise because of pure talent,and yes his fan base is huge and that helps..... Clay has been the subject of ridicule because of AI,they use the words dorky,nerdy backwoodsmen. and yes gay,you know what I'm sick of the labels they give Clay,stereotype him,put a neat little bow for all to laugh at,it makes me sick......  Clay is a number1 class act.He has a voice that permeates the heart and soul,he sings with true depth of feeling, his smile brings a rejuvenation of joy, his southern charm delights you. Clay is a man of conviction,and  that is what I love about him. Every song,every lyric shines from deep within his heart, how many performers can you say that about. My nickname is bulldog,Im 45 years old, and every time I hear stupidity coming from a critic, a newspaper columist,a radio discjockey, or someone posting a negative comment about clay,My bulldog in me rises and I want to fight with everything I've got.Why? Because Clay has proved over and over he's the best. Good grief this incredible performer has it all in one package............

I love you clay.As for this grammy thing,rediculous it's all politics.
ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
Re: 12/11/03 IS IT CLAYMATION?
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2010, 09:34:16 PM »
Boomer Aries
 Is it Claymation?
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2003, 11:37:32 AM »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Even to some of your fans, Measure of a Man is faceless, unmemorable pop. It could have been recorded with the same power by singers dropped much earlier in the Idol process."
I strongly disagree with this statement.  After listening to MOAM, the melodies and lyrics stay with you.  I often find myself humming or singing parts of the songs. Also, it's not just about power, but rather the pure lyric quality and expressiveness of Clay's voice that makes whatever he sings so memorable.
I also think this critic's statement that "Bridge Over Troubled Water" is a "slam dunk for any reasonably talented singer," and Simon's contention that had Ruben recorded BOTW that he would have had a #1 hit, are ABSURD!  The very fact that BOTW is a Simon and Garfunkel classic hit makes it even more difficult to pull it off, but Clay's performance was indeed a showstopper (and in the opinion of many people, should have won him the AI title).  I think Ruben has a nice voice but I don't see how he could have performed it anywhere near as well as Clay did.

ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!

ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  Media & Appearance Archive  |  12/11/03 IS IT CLAYMATION?

gfxgfx
gfx