gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

gfx gfx
gfx
229955 Posts in 2575 Topics by 108 Members - Latest Member: CTLovesClay April 25, 2024, 02:56:50 PM
gfx* Home Help Login Register gfx
gfx
ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  Aiken News Network (ANN)  |  AIKEN NEWS NETWORK May 18, 2010
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: AIKEN NEWS NETWORK May 18, 2010  (Read 1859 times)

clayharmony

• ANN News Team
  • Enthusiastic
  • When You Wish Upon a Star...
AIKEN NEWS NETWORK May 18, 2010
« on: May 18, 2010, 01:23:35 AM »
Clay's jois de vivre gladdens my heart;
his spiritual consciousness and musical gifts bring  harmony to my soul.

What is beautiful is a joy for all seasons...

Life is a Song ~ Love is the Music

clayharmony

• ANN News Team
  • Enthusiastic
Re: AIKEN NEWS NETWORK May 18, 2010
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2010, 01:25:46 AM »
Chexxxy's Place had this latest teaser posted ...from the 'OMG' concert...perhaps this is a preview of the commericals (?)

Wow!

clayharmony

• ANN News Team
  • Enthusiastic
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2010, 01:29:55 AM »
Pink Armchair at Chexxxy's posted this PBS info to share on all the boards:

PLEASE READ: NEWS ABOUT THE PBS SPECIAL!

I have some news that I've had to keep to myself for several weeks. But thank goodness I’ve finally been given the green light to tell the fans, so here goes:

As you know, Clay's special is premiering on PBS in August. But the show is actually airing on ONE U.S. station in June: WTTW in Chicago. Yes, my station. As a result of a major selling job I undertook when I landed back at work after the Raleigh taping (an endeavor that involved browbeating, threats, groveling and the relinquishment of any future offspring *g*), my station's VP of pledge obtained the rights to "preview" the special before the rest of the country.

So, viewers in the Chicago area will be able to see it live on WTTW (Channel 11) on Saturday, June 12 at 7:00 pm CDT. And anyone in the U.S. and Canada -- and presumably, anywhere else -- will be able to call or go online once the show starts and pledge for the DVD and (I think) a couple of versions (physical or digital download) of the CD with additional tracks. Which means that you won’t have to wait until August to order, although whether you’re going to pledge in June or not, it's vitally important that you pledge your local stations when they broadcast the show in August if you possibly can. Clay’s show needs to do well all over the country, not just here! (I have a feeling I'll be reminding you of this again later. *g*)

Right now, it looks like the CD will go for $55, the DVD for $75, and the CD and DVD together will pledge at $125. Closer to the broadcast, I'll provide you with the phone number and URL. Please do me a favor and don't contact my station looking for additional info -- our Customer Service reps are underpaid and overworked as it is. *g* If there's something you need to know, just ask me and I'll try to answer.

clayharmony

• ANN News Team
  • Enthusiastic
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2010, 01:39:47 AM »
Clay fan reaction provokes another blogger...

Some Clay Aiken Fans Don't Like Hearing He's Gay

Blog by Greg in Hollywood

Now I know what nonameblogger was talking about.

I profiled Perez 3-4 years ago for The Advocate for a story on gay bloggers. We were sitting at the Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf in West Hollywood and he shared with me an anecdote about when he ticked off a bunch of Clay Aiken fans and, if I remember correctly, some even came looking for him at his HOUSE.

I’m probably about to tick off some fans right now.

Keep in mind that I don’t want to put a broad brush over anyone because it is clear Clay has many fans who really appreciate his music, his talent, and his journey from unknown to American Idol to big-selling artist to openly gay man on the cover of People magazine with his son. I’ve become a much bigger fan of Clay since he came out because it was uncomfortable to watch him get defensive or angry with interviewers who brought up his sexuality. Now he’s out publicly and no one can try and hurt him with these questions.

Greg’s closing thoughts: Everyone is entitled to their opinion but I just want to say that when someone has the courage to come out – especially someone in the spotlight – it is not helpful to them to pretend it never happened. Don’t make us compartmentalize, try and grow with us and get over your own issues about it. We would prefer that you love us for who we are – not for a part of who we are.

I think the openly gay Clay Aiken would agree.

PHILLYLUVSCLAY

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2010, 03:04:59 PM »
Runs in.....

New stuff from Decca

Decca

clayharmony

• ANN News Team
  • Enthusiastic
« Last Edit: May 20, 2010, 07:39:48 PM by clayharmony »

ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  Aiken News Network (ANN)  |  AIKEN NEWS NETWORK May 18, 2010

gfxgfx
gfx