gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

gfx gfx
gfx
229519 Posts in 2574 Topics by 108 Members - Latest Member: CTLovesClay March 28, 2024, 04:57:51 PM
gfx* Home Help Login Register gfx
gfx
ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  Media & Appearance Archive  |  12/2/03 COSMOGIRL EZINE INTERVIEW
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: 12/2/03 COSMOGIRL EZINE INTERVIEW  (Read 7271 times)

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
12/2/03 COSMOGIRL EZINE INTERVIEW
« on: May 15, 2010, 11:52:02 PM »
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
COSMOGIRL EZINE INTERVIEW
« on: December 02, 2003, 06:24:38 PM »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did you sign up for the CosmoGirl ezine?  No, because you knew we'd have it?  HA!HA! Here's the interview they promised:

==============================================
CosmoGIRL!: You became a star almost overnight. What's been the hardest adjustment?

Clay Aiken: It's not having any downtime. I have no control over my schedule. What do you do when you need to eat? You go eat. I have to sit down with a team of people to decide how I'm going to eat today. There's so many more layers to it now than there used to be.

CG!: One layer to your fame is having all these girls think of you as a sex symbol! How does that make you feel?

CA: It makes me laugh. I mean, come on—get real! I'm NOT a sex symbol.

CG!: There are millions of CosmoGIRL!s who'd disagree!

CA: Being a sex symbol is more than just the way you look. People are just very excited about the sensation of it all. I see myself on the cover of magazines and it's just a picture of me. I don't turn myself on, so it's very odd to have to deal with this.

CG!: Have you always been so modest?

CA: See, I was never starstruck with anyone. So it's hard for me to understand why people get starstruck with me, especially since I'm not anybody THAT special.

CG!: But does having these girls hang on your every action give you more confidence than you might have had before?

CA: It's given me a little bit more, but it's still odd to me. I don't know why they like me, so I don't know what to get confidence for. Like, if I knew that they loved me because they thought I sang well, then I could be confident as a singer. If I knew they loved me because I was good-looking, then I could be confident in my looks. But I don't know what it is.

CG!: We think it's a combination of both! Let's talk about the music. On your new record, "Measure of a Man," is there a certain song that you relate to the most?

CA: The song that's gonna have the most impact and be the most powerful for me, for the rest of my life, is gonna be "This is the Night." It's my story really, even though I didn't write it. Singing that on "American Idol" was the biggest moment of my entire life so far. The song talks about my journey. It's got such a great message. For obvious reasons, it's the one song that I don't get tired of singing.

CG!: What did you learn about yourself from being on "American Idol"?

CA: That week when I didn't make it in, I wasn't confident in myself completely. I actually thought, Oh, gosh, Rueben's gonna make it in and I bet Kim is gonna beat me. And I lost. So when I had the opportunity to come back in the wild-card round, I said, "I'm gonna make it this time. There's no way I can't make it this time." And I was in because people can see that confidence by the way you hold yourself.

CG!: That's such a great life lesson.

CA: It's just like in high school. The popular people in school weren't necessarily popular because they looked good. It had nothing to do with looks and nothing to do with dress, it's just about your own self-image and the way you see yourself. Love yourself, people—that's what I say!

CG!: You couldn't have said it any better!
==============================================

COSMO GIRL (registration required)

Note- story is no longer there, but here is a pic that was posted with the story-m

« Last Edit: May 15, 2010, 11:59:27 PM by Marilyn »
ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
Re: 12/2/03 COSMOGIRL EZINE INTERVIEW
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2010, 12:06:53 AM »
Moonshot
Administrator
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2003, 06:28:21 PM »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

People are just very excited about the sensation of it all.

You got that right!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2010, 12:07:19 AM »
playingclay
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2003, 08:25:50 PM »   

Clay's quote: I don't turn myself on, so it is very odd to have to deal with this.

I laughed out loud when I read this.  Of course he doesn't turn himself on.  I think most people feel that way about themselves except for a few that think that they are "God's gift" and often act that way too.

Clay's quote:  "I don't know why they like me so I don't know what to get confidence for."

Maybe a new thread:

How do I love thee?   Let me count the ways....
and then send it in to him.

What do you think?

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2010, 12:11:01 AM »
houstonclayfan
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2003, 08:47:29 PM »   

I think that is a GREAT idea for a thread !  It was your idea playingclay so you need to start it and send it to him !  He HAS to know that it is the whole package that we love 

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2010, 12:11:43 AM »
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
EZINE INTERVIEW
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2003, 10:19:13 PM »   

Clay's quote:  "I don't know why they like me so I don't know what to get confidence for."
Maybe a new thread:
How do I love thee?   Let me count the ways....
and then send it in to him.
What do you think?

playingclay, you go right ahead; follow your heart and your head will follow. 
Or something like that.

Maybe you should say 'how do WE love you?  Let us count the ways.'  And reference his quote so he'll know what it's about. 

I'll make sure it gets mailed to him.

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2010, 12:12:10 AM »
songbird457
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2003, 12:31:01 AM »   

Love yourself, people, that's what I say!

Amen, brother Clay!  : Wait until you see how much and why we love you.

Think he can handle it, girls?

:mrgreen:

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2010, 12:12:39 AM »
songbird457
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2003, 12:32:04 AM »   

lol, Pamela. You know why I'm laughing, right? I'm trying, really - I can follow directions - honest!!!!   

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2010, 12:12:58 AM »
mackncsu
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2003, 09:56:04 AM »   

what a great interview...it's good to know Clay doesn't turn himself on!
Lots of Love

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2010, 12:13:18 AM »
claymore
  cosmogirl ezine interview
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2003, 10:24:45 AM »   

this is  great. we love you more for this, clay.
if you are  not sure what you are confident for... just be confident that your fans love you that much.

"I love you just the way you are..don't go changing.."

ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  Media & Appearance Archive  |  12/2/03 COSMOGIRL EZINE INTERVIEW

gfxgfx
gfx