gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

gfx gfx
gfx
229519 Posts in 2574 Topics by 108 Members - Latest Member: CTLovesClay March 28, 2024, 04:38:22 PM
gfx* Home Help Login Register gfx
gfx
ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  Media & Appearance Archive  |  11/28/03 CLAY ON NICK AT NITE HOLIDAY SPECIAL
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: 11/28/03 CLAY ON NICK AT NITE HOLIDAY SPECIAL  (Read 22115 times)

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
11/28/03 CLAY ON NICK AT NITE HOLIDAY SPECIAL
« on: May 15, 2010, 03:52:50 PM »
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
CLAY ON NICK AT NITE HOLIDAY SPECIAL
« on: November 28, 2003, 09:22:32 PM »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please post all comments about Clay and the Nick at Nite Holiday Special in this thread.  Any multiple threads will be consolidated into this one.

It's easier to find everyone's comments when they are in one place!

It's sure to be a warm and fuzzy delight - everyone be sure to watch!

Nickelodeon tonight at 10:00 pm EST!

Adding a visual created by Fountaindawg-m

ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
Re: 11/28/03 CLAY ON NICK AT NITE HOLIDAY SPECIAL
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2010, 03:53:40 PM »
songbird457
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2003, 09:32:56 PM »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
yes everyone must see it. Clay will be wearing a tux!! I think I will also watch it again on the 3rd and on the 6th - even though I haven't seen it yet. There are some other really good entertainers that are going to be on as well.

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2010, 03:53:54 PM »
Lainey
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2003, 09:34:40 PM »   

Hi everyone - does anyone know if we will be able to get a download of the Nick at Night special ( at least OBC singing Peace On Earth/ Drummer Boy with Bing? )Living in Canada there is no way we can get Nickleodeon - but all of us Claynadians REALLY want to see Clay's performance!
I'd do just about anything to get a copy of this - I love that song(s) and I bet Clay will knock our socks off with his rendition !!!!
Please let us know about the special - ALL the CLAYlicious details!!!!
Thanks

Lainey

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2010, 03:54:50 PM »
Angelis
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2003, 10:54:52 PM »   

:Hi Pamela:

I just posted under the News and Appearances section - I'll repeat here so you can delete that other post! Sorry!  I'll figure out where to post at some point!

For those that are different time zones, Clay comes on at the 32 ish minute mark - right after a commercial without warning so get your recording finger hovering above that record button.

It was a great preformance although I found the ghostly Bing a little weird - i would think they can do better these days but maybe that was the look/vibe they were going for.

Close up shots (a little stubble, perhaps!) and Clay in a tux - well that is all good!

Remember the version of David Bowie with Bing doing this same song?  I can't imagine they would have just let anyone sing with Bing - Way to go Clay - does anyone know if this was Clay's request or idea?

Enjoy!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2010, 03:55:40 PM »
houstonclayfan
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2003, 11:06:00 PM »   

Clay did a fabulous job as usual. He REALLY does need to record a Christmas album next year.  He is a pretty good actor too !!!!  He sounded excellent (I too need the MP3 - thanks in advance !!!!). I loved him in a tux - notice that he always looks so classy.  And his hair looked great too....no so spiky (maybe they read the thread about his hair falling out - haha).  I cant wait to watch it again !

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2010, 03:55:56 PM »
songbird457
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2003, 11:13:07 PM »   

yeah I eagerly awaited his entrance through that door during the special. When he came in, scarf up around face, it was soo cute. When he was at the tv watching Bing, he looked so comfortable - almost like he was thinking of home. Then as he sang, you could see the emotion is his eyes. Goodness, thank you for all the close up shots. Nice time to look into those green eyes. And of course he looked very cute in the coat and tux. My mom commented on the collar of his coat, because I just bought a gray wool coat w/ a black collar - lol. Anyway, yeah I am so glad they are repeating it 2 more times. I will watch the others - and tape it the next time it comes on. Very cute. I really liked Vince and Amy too - they are other preferred performers of mine.   

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2010, 04:19:22 PM »
LiftClayUp
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2003, 11:19:02 PM »   

He sang like an angel........ I can't believe I started crying and cried through his performance.  I ran the tape back and cried again.   His portion of the song is so beautiful.   

Bing looked dead with and with angel standing beside him.  Clays performance on this song outshone his duet partner.    FANTASTIC :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2010, 04:19:40 PM »
clayfan18
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2003, 11:20:12 PM »   

I was so exciting waiting for Clay to sing and forgot to tape it!!!    Thanks Nick at Night for giving us such a great Christmas Special with such  a fabulous Christmas Clay and Bing duet!!  Clay looks so handsome in tux and the close-ups give us such a  great view of his angel face.   He is our brother, son and love.  I hope next year he will come out with a Christmas album with  all these lovely songs we’ve heard so far and more!!!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2010, 04:20:23 PM »
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2003, 11:21:55 PM »   

Here's the rundown for all our Canadian friends...

The setting is the Nick at Nite Lodge.  There is a terrible storm so all these different people are stuck in the snow and come to the lodge to wait out the storm.  It's very cheesy and campy and they acknowledge that which makes it kind of cute and funny. 

Various people come in and sing, such as Vince Gill and Amy Grant, Natalie Cole, Kenny Loggins and Michael McDonald.  Oh, and Sarah Maclachlan who was wonderful as well. 

There are a strange group of people on this show.  From Joyce Dewitt to Ted Danson to Chaka Khan to the tumbling singers to Jackee Harry.  The funny guy from Third Rock From the Sun and Raven Simone and Martin Mull join with Blair Underwood from LA Law and rapper kid Lil Romeo.
Wow.

Finally  :  Clay comes to the door.  He has a long wool overcoat on and a scarf wrapped up over his face so you can't see who he is.  When he takes off the scarf, we see it's Clay and the audience goes eeeeeeee!!!!!

He says he has just come from a concert, got stuck in the snow and his cell phone wouldn't work; could he wait out the storm at the lodge?  Oh, and could they turn on the TV so he won't miss the Christmas special with Bing Crosby because Bing always reminds him of Christmas at home.
(awwwwwwww!)

They turn on the TV and Bing starts singing 'Little Drummer Boy.'  Clay is shown standing by the piano and Bing sort of materializes there beside him.  He looks kind of glowy and shimmering.  And a little weird, honestly.

Bing is singing and Clay joins in singing 'Peace on Earth' which melds well with Bing singing 'Little Drummer Boy.'  It's very similar to the duet with David Bowie and Bing if you have ever seen that.  Clay is singing in low voice which is amazingly beautiful and haunting.  I love it when he sings in lower register, it's just like wrapping up in a warm and fuzzy blanket when it's cold outside.  His treatment of the song is pure, it's simple and it will fill your heart.

The camera mostly focuses on Clay (who looks faboo in his tux) and occasionally Clay looks over at Bing who is still shimmery.  It's a very loving treatment of the songs, and it's a huge honor for Clay to be able to sing with Bing; surely his family had to give permission for this take place. 

At the end of the song, Clay and Bing nod to each other in appreciation and that's all we see of Clay. 

Now my husband is walking around the house singing....'Peace on Earth...'  He's a Claymaniac too, even though he won't admit it. 
Heh heh heh.

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2010, 04:21:45 PM »
claylady
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2003, 11:26:52 PM »   

That was fantastic.  Clay was amazing as usual.  I loved that song when David Bowie did it with Bing Crosby.  I love it even more now that Clay has done it.  It was just beautiful.  And all the close-ups made my heart melt.  Definately a Christmas album in the future.  One more comment, Clay in a tux-YUMMY!!!!  I've already watched it 4 times and soon going back for an encore.
 :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2010, 04:22:33 PM »
Moonshot
Administrator
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2003, 11:28:13 PM »   

Hey I just found on the nick at nite site e-holiday greetings and they have Clay wishing you happy holidays!

http://www.tvland.com/nickatnite/sweepstakes/jetblue/ecards/

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2010, 04:23:24 PM »
LiftClayUp
Claymaniac

« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2003, 11:35:02 PM »   

Clayfan18 - You will have several chances to tape it as it is going to be replayed quite a few times.  I want a Christmas CD NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If they came out with one in January, I would buy it and pay a premium price.   I was so hung up on "Don't Save your Love----" and then came "The First Noel" and "White Christmas" then "Silver Bells". 

This has been an exciting week and I am sure I will enjoy all his performances again and again.   These are the types of songs that hooked me, where I could really hear his beautiful voice.   I want MORE.

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2010, 04:23:56 PM »
grammaof6
 NICKS HOLIDAY SPECIAL
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2003, 12:13:53 AM »   

As I watched the Nick at Nite Christmas show tonight I kept thinking -
CLAY IS PLAYING WITH THE BIG BOYS NOW! Sure the show was on the Nickelodeon Channel and sponsored by Nick at Nite, but there were big time, established, well known entertainers on it - Amy Grant, Vince Gill, Ted Danson, Natalie Cole, Kenny Loggins, Chakachan (sp?), Martin Mull and others. No amatuerish American Idol Christmas, no teenage TRL. IS THE ENTERTAINMENT INDUSTRY STARTING TO BELIEVE? When Clay walked in the door with that tux on I lost it! WHAT A BABE! I think Mull was a little taken back with surprise when Clay got such a reaction from the crowd.

The duet with Bing Crosby was quite a coup for Clay too. Bing is considered an icon in the industry. OBC stole the show there too. Even Bing can't outshine him (although the hologram of Bing was spooky). Clay showed his star quality. He's just plain magical in everything he does and everything he wears.

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2010, 04:24:41 PM »
KittyKins
  Wonderful Summary!
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2003, 12:21:18 AM »   

Yay!  Thanks so much for posting that great summary.  I FINALLY know what went on!!  :)  Wow, those closeups of Clay are absolutely amazing!  Whoa Baby! THUD!  The guy was marvelous!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2010, 04:25:14 PM »
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2003, 12:41:09 AM »   

Originally posted by heart4clay:

Clay looked really, really Good!
Bing looked really, really Bad!

They should have let Clay sing by himself. He look so fresh and pure and glowing and if they could have made the image of Bing lifelike, it would have been great (like Gene Kelly dancing with Paula Abdul). But alas,
as I said Bing was not looking to hot.

On the bright side. Clay was awesome!!! He was simply the best
of the show.His voice is so wonderful and He makes you feel happy
when you hear him.

ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  Media & Appearance Archive  |  11/28/03 CLAY ON NICK AT NITE HOLIDAY SPECIAL

gfxgfx
gfx