gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

gfx gfx
gfx
229518 Posts in 2574 Topics by 108 Members - Latest Member: CTLovesClay March 28, 2024, 11:28:00 AM
gfx* Home Help Login Register gfx
gfx
ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  Media & Appearance Archive  |  11/28/03 CLAY ON NICK AT NITE HOLIDAY SPECIAL
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: 11/28/03 CLAY ON NICK AT NITE HOLIDAY SPECIAL  (Read 22100 times)

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
Re: 11/28/03 CLAY ON NICK AT NITE HOLIDAY SPECIAL
« Reply #30 on: May 15, 2010, 04:36:08 PM »
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Re: The ears
« Reply #30 on: November 29, 2003, 06:19:06 PM »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I don't know if anybody else noticed it, but did you see that Bing's ears are as big as Clay's are?  *G*  I think its probably an omen.  Bing was huge, and had big ears.  Fred Astaire, big ears.  HUGE.  Clay, big ears.  hehehehe... he's gonna be an icon.  *VBS*

Misha, don't forget Frank... :mrgreen:

Hey y'all who are fans of the Clay/Bing duet.  Apparently there is a Bing Crosby fan message board HERE.

I thought these posts were very interesting and very much an honor to Clay:

Howard Crosby posted 11/29/03 01:31 PM Central Time (US)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I very much liked Clay Aiken and his voice when my thirteen year old daughter got me to watch him last year on American Idol, and I was thrilled to see his duet with Uncle Bing last night on the Christmas special. It was fabulous. I would like to add my echo to all those who are now clamoring for a video and CD release of this magnificent effort. I'm sure it will be a huge hit....who knows, maybe even Number 39?

Also from Greg Van Beek (Bing Message Board):
Originally, they wanted to have Clay sing "White Christmas" with Bing, but then asked if Bing ever sang "Little Drummer Boy" besides the version with David Bowie. I told him about the version from the '62 X-mas special-- the ONLY other video available of Bing performing the song-- so they were thrilled. They didn't know about this '62 version, and neither did Bob Deflores. When Clay learned of this, he immediately wanted to do Drummer Boy instead of White Christmas!

And this from someone else:

Full credit must go to the producer of the show, Gary Tellalian, who initially had the idea and made this (the duet) happen, as well as Bob Deflores and Ron Hall who worked very hard on this under hurried circumstances. Their enthusiasm and belief in this project helped to bring Bing Crosby yet another Christmas classic.

For the benefit of some of Clay's fans who may not be aware, Bing presented a Christmas show or "special" every year for 43 consecutive years, starting on radio in 1934, and continuing until the last TV special with David Bowie, taped 5 weeks before his death in 1977. He only performed Little Drummer Boy twice on television. The first time was in 1962 (the clip used with Clay), which was really his first full blown TV Christmas special, and the last time with Bowie in 1977.

Since I don't work in the television industry, I'm really not the one to ask about "basic knowledge about the TV industry and how such a request to get this duet on other networks actually works--the politics, etc." as I know very little about it myself. What I do know, is that TV networks typically issue press kits and/or press releases for their shows to the news media, which is what I believe has been provided to ET, Extra, Access Hollywood, etc.

If you'd like to see this "event" covered on news programs on other networks like CBS, NBC, & ABC, I would suggest writing to the specific shows via their websites, such as the Today Show on NBC or Good Morning America on ABC or the Early Show on CBS. If you bring it to their attention, it just might generate enough interest to merit them doing a story on it.
ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #31 on: May 15, 2010, 04:37:45 PM »
LJB
  CLAY ON NICK AT NITE HOLIDAY SPECIAL
« Reply #31 on: November 29, 2003, 08:31:53 PM »   

Misha-  I watched OMC's performance several times, each time focusing on a different part of his face.  I definitely noticed the ear similiarity and glad that I wasn't the only one.

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #32 on: May 15, 2010, 04:38:08 PM »
Bocaqueen
Clay on Nick at Nite
« Reply #32 on: November 29, 2003, 09:41:02 PM »   

I was, once again, moved by Clay,s wonderful performance.

At 48, I am finding myself doing things I would never before have dreamed of doing....following someones career, stayng on the computer researching for hours. and becoming a classic fanatic through and through.  But one can not help themselves ehen it comes to this remarkable young man.

I see Clay becoming more and more at ease with whatever comes his way...his little acting skit was so warm and realistic, his style of dress, classic and tastelful ( so handsome you want to eat him up) and the performance fabulous! ( Love this style of singing best of all) What an honor...to sing with Bing...that certainly is BIG time.

I hope to see Clay in his own special one day soon.  This young man can do it all.  I thought he did a wonderful job on the AI holiday special...he was quite the MC with such a cute sense of humor.
To change the subject for a moment......
Does anyone know if there are plans for Clay to recored Unchained Melody?  When he preformed it on AI, I was thrilled.  I thought it to be better than the original which had always been my alltime favorite.  Also, this is his Mom's favorite song.....so I'm hoping!!!!!

Together for Clay,
Susan

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #33 on: May 15, 2010, 04:38:40 PM »
songbird457
« Reply #33 on: November 29, 2003, 09:51:25 PM »   

Lol, Misha, yes. I noticed too. Actually my mom did first. she was like "Look at Bing's ears!" Then I said "Awe, just like Clay." Will Clay be the next Bing? Bing Jr.   

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #34 on: May 15, 2010, 04:39:22 PM »
cjrmax
« Reply #34 on: November 30, 2003, 11:53:47 PM »   

I thought Clay looked as if he could have been Bing Crosby's grandson!  They really looked a lot alike! I wondered if they put Clay in a tux to emphasize that!

Bing materializing was a little on the creepy side. I have to believe that in this day and age that could have been done better!

But Clay!  His voice was absolutely angelic!  I LOVED the David Bowie/Bing Crosby version of that song.  It is the one and only Christmas song I can actually hear over and over again.  The only reason I still prefer that one to this Clay/Bing version one is that the interaction between the two singers in the Bowie/Crosby version is very special, and of course you can't have that with poor old Bing dead!  Clay was at a distinct disadvantage!  But Clay's voice was so beautiful!  I don't particularly like Christmas records, but Clay NEEDS to make one and that is one I will most definitely buy! 

And Clay in a tux!!!!!  Yum yum!!!!!!!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #35 on: May 15, 2010, 04:39:45 PM »
totallyinluv
« Reply #35 on: December 01, 2003, 03:03:37 AM »   

Susan - about Unchained Melody, the problem is that Justin Guarini (?), who you might know just got dumped from RCA Records, recorded it on his debut album, unfortunately.  So I don't think that Clay is going to want to record it anytime soon.  Also, I think, except for Solitaire, which as I'm sure you know is being released with the Invisible single on Dec 16th, I think that Clay, at least for now, is staying away from AI type redos, and is singing original music, so as not to peg himself as the kind of singer as he was seen as being on AI.  However, I can see him eventually making an album with Unchained Melody and other such music sometime in the future when he's more established and when Justin Guarini's album is long forgotten.

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #36 on: May 15, 2010, 04:40:24 PM »
songbird457
« Reply #36 on: December 03, 2003, 11:09:43 AM »   

Don't forget all - Nick at Nite is on again tonight. 10 pm EST!!!! So tune in (I know I need a Clay fix - it's been too long). I could prob recite the show (well Clay's part) along with him.   8)

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #37 on: May 15, 2010, 04:40:44 PM »
songbird457
« Reply #37 on: December 03, 2003, 11:11:54 AM »   

doh 11pm EST - my bad. Sorry.

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #38 on: May 15, 2010, 04:41:07 PM »
perfectmatch
« Reply #38 on: December 03, 2003, 03:43:50 PM »   

Yeh I know I missed it the first time and Im stoked about watching it at 11 tonight! thanx for reminding me songbird.

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #39 on: May 15, 2010, 04:41:33 PM »
songbird457
« Reply #39 on: December 03, 2003, 03:45:28 PM »   

Oh my goodness - you must watch it. I am still in heaven from last week. I can't wait to watch it again!!!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #40 on: May 15, 2010, 04:42:19 PM »
perfectmatch
« Reply #40 on: December 03, 2003, 03:47:51 PM »   

AH! so excited can't wait! ur getting me more excited now eeek! hehe

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #41 on: May 15, 2010, 04:42:40 PM »
songbird457
« Reply #41 on: December 03, 2003, 04:21:57 PM »   

trust me, you won't be disappointed.   

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #42 on: May 15, 2010, 04:42:59 PM »
perfectmatch
« Reply #42 on: December 03, 2003, 04:49:14 PM »   

Awsome, I will sooo be on tonight and watch it too Ill tell you my reaction

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #43 on: May 15, 2010, 04:43:20 PM »
claylady
« Reply #43 on: December 03, 2003, 11:43:52 PM »   

What the heck happened to the Christmas special.  I got my VCR all set and turned on Nick at 11:00 and Roseanne was on.  I thought I was going to get to see Clay again.  I was looking forward to it.  I did make two tapes of the last time it was on but I gave one to my aunt and one to a friend, neither of them gets Nick at Nite.  So I put in my tape and got all ready to watch Clay over and over again tonight.  Then nothing.  Does anyone know why it wasn't on.  I'm really bummed out!
 :(  :(

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #44 on: May 15, 2010, 04:43:43 PM »
songbird457
« Reply #44 on: December 03, 2003, 11:47:42 PM »   

Same here, claylady. I had my vcr set too. Well let's hope we can catch it Saturday night (the next scheduled time).

ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  Media & Appearance Archive  |  11/28/03 CLAY ON NICK AT NITE HOLIDAY SPECIAL

gfxgfx
gfx