gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

gfx gfx
gfx
229512 Posts in 2574 Topics by 108 Members - Latest Member: CTLovesClay March 28, 2024, 07:52:57 AM
gfx* Home Help Login Register gfx
gfx
ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  Media & Appearance Archive  |  11/28/03 CLAY ON NICK AT NITE HOLIDAY SPECIAL
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: 11/28/03 CLAY ON NICK AT NITE HOLIDAY SPECIAL  (Read 22092 times)

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
Re: 11/28/03 CLAY ON NICK AT NITE HOLIDAY SPECIAL
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2010, 04:25:43 PM »
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
CLAY ON NICK AT NITE HOLIDAY SPECIAL
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2003, 12:45:35 AM »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I just posted an audio download in the Member's Corner.

Save this one for posterity!
ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2010, 04:26:00 PM »
breezygirl
  Nick at Nite Christmas Special
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2003, 01:42:21 AM »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
LiftClayUp I completely agree with you, his voice sounded so pure and heartfelt that I too got all emotional.  It was like listening to an angel. That kind of style of singing is what I really enjoy listening to him sing. Also I think he handled himself very well in the acting part, he is a natural. He was better and seemed more at ease than some of the other entertainers that have been around for awhile. Looking forward to one day being able to buy his Christmas cd.  Then one day I can say Clay's songs always meant Christmas to me. :lol:  :lol:

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2010, 04:26:27 PM »
root4clay
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2003, 03:42:16 AM »   

I can't get this cable in Toronto, Canada.  I've just watched the video download.  My immediate reaction is WOW  8)  8)  8)   and Clay is AWESOME !!!  :D  :)  :D   Pam, thanks a bunch for the posting and summary.  He's so 'natural'.  His voice is so pure and he sang beautifully with so much feeling ........  a stellar performance once again!!!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2010, 04:26:51 PM »
Lainey
« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2003, 07:22:19 AM »   

Thanks Pamela and everyone for you descriptions - sounds AMAZING!
Of course it was since CLAY is AMAZING ! We appreciate hearing about the special - at least we can imagine how beautiful is was. I'm calling my satelllite company today - I want Nicekleodeon!!!! - or at maybe I'll suggest/demand an all CLAY Channel - sounds like a winner to me - anyone else here want to subscribe - think of it CLAY 24 - 7 - What a dream come true!!!! Well and girl can dream can't she??
By the way when I woke up this morning we had snow ( not that much ) on the ground - makes it seem more Christmasy though!

Thanks again Claymaniacs for the details - I'd still love to here the duet - any downloads anywhere?

Lainey

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2010, 04:27:29 PM »
Clayomyheart
« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2003, 07:53:04 AM »   

Once again, Clay was fantastic.  He looked great and sounded terrific.  I think the idea of him singing with Bing was inspired, even though the image of Bing was a little creepy.  ( I wish they had done it in black and white, might have been more believeable, like Clay went back in time.  Although Clay was so cute in living color.)  This is the same duet that David Bowie ( long time Bowie fan here) did with Bing back in the 70's. 
Very cool!
That special though was really wierd.  That was the strangest group of performers. I have ever seen put together.   And some of the other numbers like the dancing Mrs. Claus' who stripped and started doing hip-hop...really weird.  Clay was the shining star of that show.  I'm glad I didn't tape the whole thing, though.

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2010, 04:28:10 PM »
claylady
« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2003, 09:04:37 AM »   

I know I posted here before but I need to again.  Clay was just magnificent as always.  This was truly one of my favorite performances. It was just heavenly.  I know this is for happy things but right now I'm a little bummed and need someone to talk to.  I asked my husband, who is not a Clay fan or anyone's for that matter, if he would just watch Clay sing with Bing.  He agreed.  I was really happy thinking maybe he'd like listening to Clay.  Wrong.  I put the tape in and the whole time it was on, he never looked up from the newspaper he was reading.  When the song was over he never said a word.  I asked him how he liked it and he said it was OK.  Now I'm upset.  Not because he doesn't like Clay but because he wouldn't even act interested for two minutes to make me happy. That's what really bothers me.  So here I am at the computer talking to all of you.  OK, I've vented-I'm better.  On a final note, I thank God for Clay, my second TV, my second VCR and my computer.  But most of all, I thank God for all of you Claymaniacs who let me babble and share.  This is home.  You all are my salvation.

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2010, 04:28:33 PM »
Clayton Clayniac
  Clay on Nick at Night Holiday Special
« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2003, 09:10:13 AM »   

While watching this show, I too thought Clay is now in the big leagues with the big stars!!  Holy cow!  Vince Gill and Amy Grant!  Michael McDonald and Kenny Loggins! And on and on and on!  It was a wonderful show, and Clay really did a fabulous job - acting, singing, being!!!  Those close-ups were great - and are we showing a little stubble??!  Yikes!  He looked like an angel!

Clayton Clayniac
"Baby, let's go ridin' on shooting stars!"

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2010, 04:28:54 PM »
Guest (Caramel131)
« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2003, 10:30:52 AM »   

That song is one of my all time favorite Christmas songs.  I am a David Bowie fan and loved his version of this song.  I was kind of nervous about Clay singing it, but he was fabulous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  He is truly a natural when it comes to singing.  He knows exactly what is needed as far as emotion, etc. for a song.  He made my heart melt.

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2010, 04:29:15 PM »
Leveland
« Reply #23 on: November 29, 2003, 10:47:05 AM »   

I also got all emotional watching OMC, everyone nailed it when they said He Sang like and Angel.. it was wonderful.  Who knows maybe acting will come up in the future.  Great Job Clay.. And the TUX was to die for.. Love Terry

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2010, 04:29:35 PM »
Percy
  ClayLady -- I've come to the conclusion...
« Reply #24 on: November 29, 2003, 10:55:36 AM »   

ClayLady -- I've been studying people's reactions to MY obsession over Clay, and I've come to the following conclusion...

I'm totally surrounded by musicians and music lovers. I was in a band for 14 years and my husband has been a professional, successful (6 gold records) punk/heavy metal musician for 25 years. When the subject of Clay comes up, the confident musicians readily admit that Clay is an outstanding singer. My husband is totally supportive of my obsession (standing in line to buy his CDs while I'm at my day job, and ordering AI tickets for the St. Paul concert the first day they came out). On the other hand, my musician friends and family members that are not confident about themselves, or my relationship with them, feel TOTALLY threatened by Clay. They won't even listen to them.

And this story demonstrates the point... my very good friend (outstanding singer, no self-confidence) always says that Clay's a horrible singer... When I picked my friend up to go somewhere a few weeks ago, he got into my car, and of course MOAM Run to Me was blaring on my radio. My friend said "Now that's a great song..." He thought it was the radio. The minute I told him it was Clay, he said "Turn that crap off." One of my other insecure musician friends made the comment, "I'd be successful too if someone handed me a recording contract on a silver platter and filled the studio with an overkill of outstanding musicians, writers, producers and engineers. Anyone could have a hit record with that much power behind you..."

You see, it's all about confidence. My husband feels no threat and likes to see me happy. He knows that Clay makes me happy.

In my opionion (just that), your husband may feel threatened because of your obsession. Can he sing like Clay? Can he look as adorable as Clay? Is he as young as Clay? As successful? You may never be able to help your husband have the confidence to give Clay (or anyone else) a chance. So just make sure you're reaffirming his worth. And in the meantime, come here for your Clay support.

We're here for you.

Percy

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2010, 04:30:46 PM »
Misha
  Nicely said
« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2003, 11:23:54 AM »   

Percy, I think you hit the nail on the head.  My husband has been having problems with my OCD as well.  He feels threatened by Clay because of everything Clay is that he is not.  However, after I sat down with him and explained to him that this obsession of mine is merely a part of my personality, he started to understand.  A long long time ago (back when I was in junior high), I thought Davy Jones (of the Monkees) was just the cutest thing in the world and plastered my walls and ceiling with posters of him and even went so far as to date someone cause they looked just like Davy Jones.  Granted, Davy Jones doesn't have what Clay has in regards to talent, personality and charisma, but I was a fan.  If I'd had a computer back then, I would have been downloading stuff of Davy Jones there too.  But I didn't run off to meet Davy Jones.  Never wrote him a letter.  Never attempted to meet him or run off to move just so I could be near him.  I have a grip on reality and I am not foolish enough to try anything so outrageous as to try and meet someone so famous in the vain hope that they'd fall in love with me at first site.  Age has also given me some wisdom and though I would probably love to plaster my walls with posters of Clay, I am not going to.  *L*  Out of respect for my husband.  But I will still download everything I see of Clay.  And I will still do my best to watch absolutely everything that does.  If I have the money for a concert and the time to go, I will make sure my husband goes with me.  If I don't, I won't try to bankrupt myself.  And after talking to my husband matter of factly about how I feel when he would speak about his insecurities regarding Clay, I said flat out.  I am a fan of Clay's and thats just the way it is.  But I will always love you and stay with you.  In the meantime, I will try to Clayvert you so you love him as much as I do.  I'd rather it be something we share, than to be something only I do.  He seems to be better now and less insecure.  So I would just talk to your husband.  If you have the kind of relationship where discussions like this are acceptable, then tell him honestly how you feel.  Reaffirm your relationship, but let him know how your feelings are hurt.  The key to a healthy happy relationship is communication.  Remember that.

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2010, 04:32:03 PM »
claylady
« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2003, 11:39:44 AM »   

Percy & Misha,
Thank you both so much for your kind encouraging words.  I feel much better and maybe understand what's going on a little better thanks to both of you.  I'm sorry I got us of the track with this.  Now let's all get back to the subject at hand.  That's how GREAT CLAY IS!!!
Thank You again.

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #27 on: May 15, 2010, 04:32:36 PM »
Moonshot
Administrator
« Reply #27 on: November 29, 2003, 11:53:45 AM »   

I just got home and watched the tape of Clay from last night ( I watched it last night but didn't have a VCR where I was). Then of course I ran to the computer so I could download the audio. Listening to it again I had tears streaming down my face - just thinking about it gets me teary-eyed again. That voice is so pure and smooth and filled with emotion it is impossible not to feel something when listening to it.

And my mom told me this morning she ran to this site to see what everyone was saying about the performance. She's 64 and just as crazy about him as I am.

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #28 on: May 15, 2010, 04:33:21 PM »
claysgirl
« Reply #28 on: November 29, 2003, 01:25:44 PM »   

OMG!!! I thought they sang beautifully together. Their voice's complement each other. I of course think Clay is better than Bing, but Bing was good too. Bing looked like death while OMC looked like an angel. I think Clay's acting was O.K. He does need to work on it, but with time he'll get better.  :  :

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #29 on: May 15, 2010, 04:33:54 PM »
Misha
  The ears
« Reply #29 on: November 29, 2003, 01:48:38 PM »   

I don't know if anybody else noticed it, but did you see that Bing's ears are as big as Clay's are?  *G*  I think its probably an omen.  Bing was huge, and had big ears.  Fred Astaire, big ears.  HUGE.  Clay, big ears.  hehehehe... he's gonna be an icon.  *VBS*

ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  Media & Appearance Archive  |  11/28/03 CLAY ON NICK AT NITE HOLIDAY SPECIAL

gfxgfx
gfx