gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

gfx gfx
gfx
229512 Posts in 2574 Topics by 108 Members - Latest Member: CTLovesClay March 28, 2024, 05:55:16 AM
gfx* Home Help Login Register gfx
gfx
ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  Media & Appearance Archive  |  11/21/03 CLAY AIKEN SET TO FINALLY GET DIPLOMA
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: 11/21/03 CLAY AIKEN SET TO FINALLY GET DIPLOMA  (Read 3500 times)

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
11/21/03 CLAY AIKEN SET TO FINALLY GET DIPLOMA
« on: May 15, 2010, 03:24:54 PM »
caclayfan
  CLAY AIKEN SET TO FINALLY GET DIPLOMA
« on: November 21, 2003, 07:40:33 PM »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.msnbc.com/news/996555.asp

Clay Aiken set to finally get diploma

‘Idol’ runnerup to graduate from UNC Charlotte next month

CHARLOTTE, N.C., Nov. 21 — It’ll be pop and circumstance at UNC Charlotte’s graduation ceremony next month, with Clay Aiken among the graduating class.THE “AMERICAN IDOL” runner-up will pick up his diploma Dec. 20, his publicist said. And for only the second time in the school’s seven-year history, graduation guests must have tickets to attend. Each ticket will be printed with a bar code and scanned at the door to prevent the use of counterfeits.       

The university already has heard from television entertainment shows interested in attending, UNCC spokesman Tony Hoppa said. School officials will meet next week to determine how to accommodate the media.       

Hoppa also said Aiken has asked not to perform at the ceremony and declined a seat on the stage, saying he wants to sit with his fellow students.       

“He really desires to come back just as Clay Aiken,” Hoppa said Thursday. “He doesn’t want to inconvenience the rest of his classmates. He doesn’t want to inconvenience the rest of the college.”       

Aiken will, however, be able to invite more guests — including family, friends and business associates — than most students, Hoppa said, and they’ll attend as guests of the chancellor. Other high-profile students, such as the senior class president and student speaker, can do the same.       

“That’s not a unique thing because of Clay,” Hoppa said.       

Aiken, 24, is finishing an independent study course at UNCC now, his last requirement toward a bachelor’s degree in special education.       

The last time UNCC issued graduation tickets was in 1997, Hoppa said, when crowds were large and before the school began scheduling two ceremonies.
ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
Re: 11/21/03 CLAY AIKEN SET TO FINALLY GET DIPLOMA
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2010, 03:25:50 PM »
playingclay
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2003, 08:40:32 PM »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Given his busy schedule, I have no idea when he has had time to study.  But if he has been studying whenever he has had a spare moment, he definitely has not been getting enough sleep. :

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2010, 03:26:15 PM »
Angelis
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2003, 09:01:56 PM »   

Doesn't this story just reinforce why we all think the world of Clay?  Such graciousness and not wanting any special treatment....he's just Clay!

I remember how excited I was when I got my degree - I hope he has as wonderful a time as I did!

Congratulations Clay! :D

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2010, 03:26:46 PM »
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2003, 12:00:38 AM »   

Clay is smart.  He started a foundation which has already raised thousands of dollars to help children and train their mentors.  I hope he got a few credits toward graduation for that.   :)
He obviously placed a high priority on completing his requirements.  A positive message that desire and hard work will lead to achievement and success.

Sweet!  Congratulations Clay

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2010, 03:27:03 PM »
houstonclayfan
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2003, 10:38:52 AM »   

I love Clay because not only does he have a beautiful voice and a truly caring personality, but he is smart. He knows that he needs something to "fall back on" if his stardom does crash someday. We see his intelligence everyday in the way that he presents himself. I tell my high-school students all the time that you may not always use what you have learned but that it makes you a better person.  We love you Clay and congratulations ! Enjoy your day - hopefully alone with friends and family. We, the fans, will be far away thinking about you

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2010, 03:27:36 PM »
GWENN
CLAY GETTING DIPLOMA
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2003, 10:43:25 AM »   

CONGRATS TO CLAY!!!!!!!!.  FUNNY THING, MY DAUGHTER IS GETTING HER COLLEGE DIPLOMA ONE WEEK EARLIER.  I DEFINITELY KNOW JUST HOW HIS MOM FEELS.

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2010, 03:27:59 PM »
mackncsu
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2003, 12:19:28 PM »   

hehe, Congrats to Clay and congrats to your daughter!

ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  Media & Appearance Archive  |  11/21/03 CLAY AIKEN SET TO FINALLY GET DIPLOMA

gfxgfx
gfx