gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

gfx gfx
gfx
229880 Posts in 2575 Topics by 108 Members - Latest Member: CTLovesClay April 19, 2024, 11:47:22 PM
gfx* Home Help Login Register gfx
gfx
ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  Media & Appearance Archive  |  11/14/03 CLAY HANDLES KIMMEL WITH STYLE!!!!
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: 11/14/03 CLAY HANDLES KIMMEL WITH STYLE!!!!  (Read 6049 times)

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
11/14/03 CLAY HANDLES KIMMEL WITH STYLE!!!!
« on: May 15, 2010, 10:25:22 AM »
FAITH
  CLAY HANDLES KIMMEL WITH STYLE!!!!
« on: November 14, 2003, 03:08:33 AM »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I so respect Clay, as a person! He had to walk into an uncomfortable situation with his appearance on Jimmy Kimmel, and he handled it like a pro. He was his usual gracious, charming, and positive self. At the same time, at moments, he had this terrific expression on his face during his chat with Kimmel. It was almost as if he (Clay) was the kindly parent, indulging his bratty, immature child (Kimmel). Clay never ceases to amaze me with his maturity, strength of character, gutsiness, confidence and terrific personality.
ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
Re: 11/14/03 CLAY HANDLES KIMMEL WITH STYLE!!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2010, 10:25:39 AM »
houstonclayfan
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2003, 06:59:28 AM »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well said Faith - my thoughts exactly ! Clay did a spectacular job as usual. I just love the way he roles his eyes and the smile that comes with that expession. He is so cute.

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2010, 10:26:10 AM »
mackncsu
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2003, 07:54:23 AM »   

He did so greatttt! He handled both Kimmel and Brittney. I loved his face when he walked out...like "yeah I know you've been talking about me...what are you gonna say now?" I think that Kimmel seemed to like him...maybe that's the end of all of his stupid comments.
Lots of Love!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2010, 10:26:43 AM »
misha007ca
  Classy Clay!
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2003, 08:27:54 AM »   

This is my first post here though I have been lurking for quite a while.  I was a tad worried about how the JK interview with Clay would go and was extremely happy to see that it all went well.  I continue to be amazed with OMC's maturity.  What a classy, terrific young man he is!  I'm so proud to be a Clay Aiken fan!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2010, 10:27:07 AM »
Leveland
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2003, 09:48:26 AM »   

I couldn't sleep last night waiting for this morning so I could download and watch the Show.  I was never worried that OMC could handle Kimmel.  He did a great job and I loved the present.  He looked so hip.  I don't think his stylist took the day off.  Good Morning to all.  And welcome newcomers to the family.. Love Terry

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2010, 10:27:31 AM »
ClayHeart
Clay on Kimmel
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2003, 09:50:57 AM »   

I have to agree that Clay handled himself with class.  When faced with Clay man to man, Kimmel couldn't be malicious.  How could he be?!!  I liked Kimmel's comment that "You're taller than I thought you would be."  Clay didn't come across as a wimp; just as the more mature of the two!!
     Also wanted to say that I LOVE THIS WEBSITE!!  Thank you for making a place where we can get such a wide variety of info.

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2010, 10:28:08 AM »
grammaof6
Clay & Kimmel
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2003, 10:13:23 AM »   

Gosh, what's a 60 year woman doing staying up until 1am? Watching OMC on the Jimmy Kimmel show! He's the only reason I'd give up my precious sleep. I was amazed at how well the show went. I think Kimmel must have apoligized to Clay at least 6 times. Clay really made him squirm in that classy way he has, until finally he said he accepted his apology. *grin* The birthday gift was classic Clay. It was like - take that Jimmy. Hey if you were Jimmy's girlfriend and had a chance at Clay who would you pick? Sorry - DUMB QUESTION. . . . Actually I got the feeling after watching the show that Jimmy found out he likes Clay. He just seems to have that effect on everyone doesn't he - so charismatic, charming & all together. What was with Brittany Spears? Didn't she seem awfully nervous last night? She couldn't seem to sit still. She was in constant motion. Her leg was kicking, her arms were flying and she talked kinda goofy. Makes you wonder if indeed the rumors of drug overdose might have some truth. I wish Jimmy would have asked her what she was in the hospital for. But then of course, she's an accepted ICON so you don't mess with her like you can Clay.

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2010, 10:29:00 AM »
claylady
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2003, 10:16:37 AM »   

I was pleasantly surprised by the way the interview went.  I thought Clay handled himself wonderfully.  Although to me Clay does look a bit tired.  I hope he can soon get some rest.  Anyway, I thought JK was gracious and very apologetic.  I think he was sincere.  The interview went much better than I anticipated.  I'm soooo relieved.   :D  :D
I only have two more comments about last nights show.  First, I'm sorry but I thought Clay's sweatshirt was awful.  It did look like it was on backwards.  But he's still adorable no matter what he wears.
Finally, I was embarrassed that Clay had to be there for the rapper DMX.
Half of the "song" he did had to be edited out.  It was garbage and I felt bad that Clay had to listen to it.
I'm just glad it turned out as good as it did.
 :D  :D  :D

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2010, 10:29:51 AM »
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2003, 10:52:51 AM »   

Posted by jacob (moved to consolidate thread)

WELL, THE INTERVIEW WENT REALLY GOOD. JIMMY ACTUALLY APOLOGIZED TO CLAY AND IT LOOKS LIKE THEY ARE GREAT FRIENDS. THE INTERVIEW WAS ACTUALLY REALLY HILARIOUS BECAUSE THAT CLIP THAT THEY SHOWED OF CLAY WITH THAT BRUNETTE WOMAN, WHO IS IN FACT COMEDIAN SARA SILVERMAN, WHO IS JIMMY KIMMEL'S REAL LIFE GIRLFRIEND. JIMMY ALSO TOLD CLAY TO PUNCH HIM IN THE STOMACH DURING THE INTERVIEW TO RECONCILE FOR ALL THE THINGS HE SAID ABOUT HIM. CLAY OF COURSE DECLINED. JIMMY ALSO TOLD CLAY THAT THEY HAVE A LOT OF THINGS IN COMMON, SUCH AS CAT-PHOBIA AND HE IS A JAMES TAYLOR FAN ALSO. I WAS HOPING THAT THERE WOULD BE SOME MORE TALKING BETWEEN CLAY AND BRITNEY SPEARS, ALTHOUGH HE DID GIVE HER A KISS ON THE CHEEK (WHICH ISN'T MUCH, BUT AT LEAST IT'S SOMETHING). WHAT STILL AMAZES ME IS THAT CLAY IS SO TALL IN REAL LIFE. HE LIKE TOWERED EVERY CELEBRITY THERE! ANYWAY, THE ONLY THING THAT I THOUGHT WENT WRONG WAS CLAY'S OUTFIT. IT KINDA LOOKED LIKE THE INVISIBLE MUSIC VIDEO LOOK, YOU KNOW WITH THE HOODED SHIRT AND THE JACKET OVER IT, ONLY THE SHIRT WAS ON BACKWARDS, AND I WAS NOT A FAN OF HIS COLORFUL JACKET EITHER, BUT CLAY IS STILL THE COOLEST CAT EVER WITH THAT PERFECT TONED VOICE. ANYWAY OTHER THAN THAT IT WENT GREAT.

JACOB- BIGGEST MALE CLAY AIKEN FAN

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2010, 10:30:49 AM »
lorilovesgolf
 Clay on Kimmel
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2003, 10:58:07 AM »   

I wouldn't worry about Clay.  He is a grown man, gets plenty of sleep and I am sure he has heard worse than DMX in his lifetime.  As you can see from the interview, he handled himself quite well and can take of himself just fine.  I don't worry about anybody getting one over on him either, I think our Clay will be just fine.

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2010, 10:31:21 AM »
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2003, 11:09:13 AM »   

Am I the only one who loved the coat of many colors last night?  I am?
OK.   :  Hey, everybody will be wearing one at the AMAs, you just wait and see! 

Most of all, I loved Clay's attitude.  The way he busted out through that curtain and gave Kimmel what looked like a hand squeeze instead of a handshake.  Heh.

Clay is really good with body language.  I wonder if he realizes it?  Loved how he just sat down and gave Kimmel 'the look.'  I detected some squirming on Kimmel's part.  Did you notice how he kept standing until everyone else sat back down?  He was towering about them all; Kimmel even made note of how tall Clay was.  Heh.

He got lots of screams from the audience. I always enjoy watching the face of the host, whether it be Ellen or Leno or Kimmel, even Britney looked amazed...what did those girls yell out to him?  It sounded like 'Double Platinum!'  Yeah! 

He snarked on Britney but good!  After telling Kimmel sometimes you just have to let things 'roll off,' he told Britney he'd just let her comment about liking Ruben 'roll off.'  Then he said to Kimmel 'what is it your 40th birthday?'  I do love Clay's sense of humor...Hee!

The video with Kimmel's girlfriend?  Priceless!  Loved Clay's snarky look! I'm sure Kimmel knew about it, but it was still cute. 

I was impressed with how he handled the PETA/kitty cat issue.  He said he 'got in trouble,' that some people had a problem with it, but he never once gave them any acknowledgement...he never said 'PETA!'  Way to go Clay!

I love how he told Jimmy to be behave at the AMAs, that he better be nice to him...implying....'or else!'  HA!HA!

Even though he didn't seem entirely comfortable (why would he, knowing the nature of the show) he was still large and in charge!

He continues to amaze me every day; I'm just full of respect for him.

Edit - I think we'll see Clay back on Kimmel's show in the next couple of weeks after the AMAs.  I'll just betcha!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2010, 10:32:35 AM »
ugogirl45
  jk show
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2003, 11:17:38 AM »   

I thought Clay and  Jimmy have patched up thier differences,Jimmy seems to really like Clay.Brittnay seemed strange I thought and she seened like she was better then everyone else and wanted all the attension.She stated she voted for Ruben,and not Clay.But so what ,who cares.It still seems to me that the music peers are a little stand offage if you might.Like they are jealous of Clay and all the attensoin he getting.But then they get to know him and he seems to change thier thoughts about him,Its sad to think that people are so unwelling to let someone new in, in fear it will take away from them.Good Luck Clay.I think you are great and will go places no matter what.ugogirl45

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2010, 10:33:14 AM »
cjrmax
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2003, 11:51:40 AM »   

I taped it last night but since I'm alone in my office right now I decided to download the clips to watch because I just couldn't wait until I got home tonight!

The coat wasn't TOO bad, but that sweatshirt?  I mean, it looked as if it were on crooked!  How strange!

Clay was great, though.  I loved the way he seemed to make Jimmy Kimmel squirm at the beginning.  I also loved the way, when he said that you just have to laugh stuff like that off, that he turned to Britney and said like he laughed off what she had just said (which I assumed were her remarks that she liked Ruben better)!  Notice she tried to make nice by saying she did like them both?  I loved the video with Jimmy Kimmel's girlfriend!  That was hysterical.  Clay just has a really great sense of humor.  It was clear Clay doesn't like rap, but can't you just see him listening to it with Ruben TRYING to like it?

I don't think Clay seemed at all ill at ease, and I suspect any ill feelings (if there were any) were patched up before the show started and that much of that was staged. If that's the case, Clay may have some acting talent!  The looks he was giving Jimmy Kimmel as Jimmy Kimmel squirmed were great.

I was thinking about the timing of this appearance on Jimmy Kimmel.  Do you think he wanted Clay on his show before the AMAs to patch things up with him so they wouldn't have to feel uncomfortable with each other at that show?

I think it was a good appearance by Clay.  I bet a lot of Jimmy Kimmel's regular audience don't know much about Clay except what they've heard from him.  Clay acted confident and cool and that should go a long way with making a whole new audience at least respect him.  But Clay must learn to dress himself!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2010, 10:34:22 AM »
Anita
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2003, 12:19:06 PM »   

Pam, I completely agree with you, Clay is just so impressive and admirable. He handled the situation with such class and humor, I am embaressed that I was even nervous about last night. Can't wait till Sunday for everyone to know he is the peoples choice!!! Cuz he is definately mine.

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2010, 10:34:51 AM »
mackncsu
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2003, 12:34:03 PM »   

Keep voting for Clay!! The countodown is on to Sunday!!
Lots of Love!

ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  Media & Appearance Archive  |  11/14/03 CLAY HANDLES KIMMEL WITH STYLE!!!!

gfxgfx
gfx