gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

gfx gfx
gfx
229519 Posts in 2574 Topics by 108 Members - Latest Member: CTLovesClay March 28, 2024, 12:15:20 PM
gfx* Home Help Login Register gfx
gfx
ClayManiacs.com  |  Communities  |  American Idol  |  AMERICAN IDOL REWIND SEASON 2
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: AMERICAN IDOL REWIND SEASON 2  (Read 37408 times)

Prissy

• Claymaniac
AMERICAN IDOL REWIND SEASON 2
« on: May 14, 2010, 11:29:57 PM »
I am bringing over this thread.  If you want to see a picture, click onto the link.

Title: AMERICAN IDOL REWIND
Post by: Prissy on November 05, 2006, 09:38:58 PM
Hello!

I watched this for the first time Saturday evening and it was fun to see Kelly Clarkson's audition and how she was so personable and even took over Randy's seat while Randy "auditioned." 

I don't know if this show is moving chronologically or not.  I'm going to assume that it is.  Now, we are seeing the auditions for AI1.  I did not start watching until later in the first season and I was blown away by Kelly. 

It will be fun to go down "Memory Lane."

Prissy

Title: Re: AMERICAN IDOL REWIND
Post by: clayMaine-iac on November 07, 2006, 05:39:57 PM
I have been watching the Rewind show ever since it started about 4 weeks ago.  I had not seen any of AI1, so I was really curious about "how it all began".   I had seen every single episode of AI2. :wink  I can't wait until they get to the Top 10.  It will be interesting to compare the talent then to Clay's year and even now.

Post by: Prissy on November 26, 2006, 10:22:41 PM
I have missed AI Rewind for a couple of weeks, and it seems like they are showing the same thing again.  Kelly's audition and some of the others who made AI1.  Is this show moving forward or not????  Also, Deanna or anyone else checking in, who is narrating the show? It doesn't sound like Ryan.  I'm wondering if it's Dunkleman (sp?) or whatever his name was that co hosted with Ryan the first year?

Prissy

Post by: lorilovesgolf on January 16, 2007, 06:39:02 AM
Prissy:  I know your post is old but I have been wondering the same thing.  I taped this show hoping to see the individual competition but when it got to the point of everybody going to California and the groups getting cut shorter, it STARTED ALL OVER AGAIN to the stupid auditions.  Did I miss something???  I didn't get to see season one and was really looking forward to it - its only on one night here - Sunday night - am I missing another nights episodes?

Post by: Claymaniac2000 on February 19, 2007, 08:43:51 AM
Last night was the first show of Idol Rewind that I have seen that isn't the same old thing over and over again. I hope now it  will  keep going every week to something different. I never have seen a show go over the same thing as much as that  one did. I really enjoy seeing R.J., E.J., Nikki, Justin, Jim, and Christina again.

Post by: KimLar on April 04, 2007, 08:31:11 AM
I hope someone can answer this for me, but in watching American Idol rewind, this week and last they keep refering to something Justin did or said that ticked a lot of people off. The judges to I think, but I have no idea what that was. Could someone clue me in? I did not watch most of Season One, only really started watching Season Two, hence the getting into Clay part. But if anyone is reading this, help me please, finding it hard to sleep at nights just wondering, Not really but let me know please. Kim

Post by: inClaysHeart on April 15, 2007, 12:08:11 AM
hum, just wondering : what channel is this rewind show on? i hope its not on FOX since i dont have it!  :wink

Post by: ILClaymate on April 15, 2007, 07:37:25 AM
In my area, AI Rewind is on the CW channel, which was previously the WB.

Post by: inClaysHeart on April 15, 2007, 06:38:58 PM
i have neither of them!!! hum, i guess i will look for some downloads then ^^  thanks for answering!

Post by: Moonshot on April 15, 2007, 07:31:03 PM
Quote from: inClaysHeart on April 15, 2007, 12:08:11 AM
hum, just wondering : what channel is this rewind show on? i hope its not on FOX since i dont have it!  :wink

In Raleigh it is on WGN.

If you go here:

http://www.americanidol.com/rewind/showfinder.htm

you can enter where you are and it will tell you what station it is on in your area.

To whom much has been given, much is required.  
God presents the opportunity;  we choose our response:  "Yes" or "No."
I am not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today.   
Be selective in your battles;  sometimes peace is better than being right.

Prissy

• Claymaniac
Re: AMERICAN IDOL REWIND SEASON 2
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2010, 11:30:59 PM »
Post by: clayniac4ver on July 14, 2007, 02:21:40 PM
when american idol rewind airs why do they always show season 1 and not the other seasons b/c we all know how pop season 1 was.

Post by: Prissy on September 01, 2007, 02:02:42 PM
Some have posted that AI Rewind should be starting AI season 2 in September.  FINALLY!  I got awfully tired of seeing the same AI1 scenes over and over again.  If someone knows the correct date, let us know.

Prissy

Post by: ldr223 on September 07, 2007, 01:43:39 PM
Hi, The new season of American Idol Rewind is airing on Sept. 29 and yes they are going to air season two people on this. If anybody miss any of Clay on season two can watch it or want to watch Clay again can watch it too. I can't wait to see Clay on this I'm gearing my VCR tapes on it.

Post by: Prissy on September 29, 2007, 11:24:28 PM
I taped AI Rewind this evening! 

Finally, we are getting to see the second year!  And Clay is the narrator!  How great is that!!  Can't wait to watch the shows as they unfold.  I don't mind if they take the whole year for AI 2!!

Hugs,
Prissy

Post by: Prissy on October 01, 2007, 09:45:07 AM
Here is the AI Rewind Schedule for Season Two.

Schedule:

Sept. 29: N.Y. Auditions
Oct.    6: Miami/Detroit Auditions
Oct.  13: Atlanta Auditions
Oct.  20: Austin Auditions
Oct.  27: L.A. Auditions
Nov.   3: Nashville Auditions
Nov. 10: Best of the Worst
Nov. 17: Hollywood Week Pt. 1
Nov. 24: Hollywood Week Pt. 2

December -- reruns of the auditions/Hollywood episodes.

Jan.   5: Group 1
Jan. 12: Group 2
Jan. 19: Group 3
Jan. 26: Group 4
Feb.   2: Wildcard Show
Feb.   9: Top 12 to 11
Feb. 16: Top 11 to 10
Feb. 23: Top 10 to 9
Mar.   1: Top 9 to 8
Mar.   8: Top 8 to 7
Mar. 15: Top 7 to 6
Mar. 22: Top 6 to 5
Mar. 29: Top 5 to 4
Apr.   5: Top 4 to 3
Apr. 12: Top 3 to 2
Apr. 19: Final 2
Aprl. 26: Finale

Clay Aiken, American Idol, Rewind, Season 2, narrates, narrator, opening credit, ending credit, press release

Post by: Clanderson on October 01, 2007, 09:48:33 AM
In celebration of American Idol rewind Season 2

http://youtube.com/watch?v=5YKC-Pper-o

Post by: clayniac4ver on October 03, 2007, 12:34:51 PM

IM SO GLAD THAT THEY QUIT SHOWING SEASON 1 AND STARTED SEASON 2

I LOVE CLAY :clayfan :clayfan :clayfan :clayfan :clayfan :clayfan :clayfan :clayfan :clayfan

ALYSE

Post by: Prissy on October 06, 2007, 05:24:45 PM
AI Rewind this evening!  :wheee

I have a wedding to play at with my quartet so I will be taping it.  I'm so glad we are in Season 2, finally!!

Hugs,
Prissy

Post by: Prissy on October 13, 2007, 05:31:23 PM
Clay's audition this evening!!! 

:yay

Post by: Prissy on October 13, 2007, 10:52:07 PM
Oops!

I missed the first hour of AI Rewind tonight.  I thought I set my tape to record when I left for the wedding.  Luckily, I returned home by 8 and got to see Clay's audition;  and Clay standing in line!!

I guess I'm talking to myself here! 

Prissy

Prissy

• Claymaniac
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2010, 11:32:03 PM »
Post by: Prissy on October 14, 2007, 11:06:51 PM
Hello!

Still here talking to myself!! :lol  I looked in my newspaper television guide and did find that in addition to the two hour show on Saturday, the CW channel, AI Rewind also comes on for one hour on Sunday, Channel 25 for me, 7 PM.  So I will have to check that out next week.

Hugs,
Prissy

Post by: clayniac4ver on October 17, 2007, 07:09:25 AM
This new season of American idol rewind season 2 is sooooooooooooooooooooo awseome

i love being able to watch the golden boy from raleigh Clay aiken  :clayfan :clay :clay :clay :clay :clay :clay :clay :clay :hot2 :hot2

alyse

Post by: Prissy on October 28, 2007, 10:12:33 PM
Alyse,

I can't wait until they get to Hollywood and Clay is on every show!! :wheee

Hugs,
Prissy

Post by: Prissy on November 03, 2007, 09:01:04 PM
I feel like this on this thread!! :para

(Clickable)
(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v447/Prissy2/Washington%20Trip/th_PICT0104-1.jpg) (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v447/Prissy2/Washington%20Trip/PICT0104-1.jpg)

I'm watching and taping American Idol Rewind this evening.   Sometimes the judges say someone is good, and I don't hear it, or someone sounds fairly good to me and they don't like them!  :para

Tonight we saw Ruben, Kimberly, Corey, Trenese, and Ricky in the Nashville auditions.

Post by: Moonshot on November 03, 2007, 09:30:18 PM
Prissy - that picture never fails to make me laugh :lol Looks like you chartered the plane for just yourself.

Rewind doesn't air until Sunday evening here in Raleigh. October was uber busy for me and I missed several shows. Yes, I have a VCR but I've developed some condition that prevents me from knowing how to set it up.  :bduh It's a VCR/DVD combo with cable. Hmmm...I've gotten rid of the cable box since moving to the new place, perhaps I'll give it another go!

Also, these early auditions are a two-edged sword for me. I dis-like watching them because the people are so bad I'm embarrassed for them. Yet at the same time I like to make note of the ones I liked from the beginning to see how far they get in the competition. I generally end up flipping back and forth between shows.

Post by: Prissy on November 03, 2007, 09:51:29 PM
Hello Michelle!

Yes, the show will get better when we're in Hollywood and get to see Clay every week!! :wheee

I often wonder why they send in such bad contestant for the judges to "waste" their time with!!  I guess they think it makes for good TV.  Sometimes I tape it and just speed through to watch the contestants that made the final 12 and Clay, of course.

Glad to see you here!

Hugs,
Prissy

PS:  The picture of me on the plane: Skip and I were two of three passengers on a military plane from Fort Worth Carswell to a base in Washington State.  I told Skip I wanted a picture of me on an almost empty plane.  It cracks me up, too!! :lmao

Post by: clayniac4ver on November 05, 2007, 01:00:27 PM
i love getting to watch clay do his audtions for american idol

huge fan of clay  :clayfan :clayfan :clayfan :clayfan

alyse

Post by: Glory on November 10, 2007, 08:14:00 PM

HE WAS JUST SUPERB IN HOLLYWOOD I WILL WATCH UNTIL THE FINALE I JUST WAS SO UPSET THE FIRST TIME I REFUSE TO WATCH IT AGAIN EVEN THOUGH I AM GLAD HE DID NOT WIN. HE REALLY SHOULD HAVE.............IMO.

Post by: Prissy on November 10, 2007, 09:08:48 PM
Glory,

Clay was a class act from the very beginning!  When they said the guys were all horrible tonight, I'm sure they didn't mean Ruben and his group and Clay singing with the other guy.  They were very good. 

I don't remember seeing these early shows of AI 2.  I am enjoying seeing them and knowing already who the Finalists are. 

I understand you not wanting to see the Finale.  That was so hard to see Ruben win, when we all knew it should have been Clay.  I still think the voting got messed up and Clay actually won, but second place probably was for the best.  It really made Clay's fans stand up and be there for him in all ways that count.

Hugs,
Prissy

Post by: fhmmany2 on November 10, 2007, 09:59:11 PM
 :wave

Prissy! I came over so you won't have to talk to yourself!  :lmao

I almost didn't watch tonght, because the Guide on our TV said tonight's show would be the ":Best of the Worst" - but it was wrong! It was the first week in Hollywood instead!  :purpbana Lots and lots of Clay!  :purpbana :bouncy :purpbana :bouncy I kept thinking about how beautiful his eyes were even then! And I loved seeing everybody from the beginning. Beacuse I hate to see people make fools of themselves on national TV, I do not watch Idol every year until the Top 32 are chosen - I am enjoying thes Season of Rewind so much!  :clap (Even though I know how it will end  :para ) I'm not sure I will ever get over that trauma! (But I am trying - I am a little better than I was in 2003)!  :bigsmile

EDIT - I think lots of people would post here if they could find it - I always assumed it was in "Fun Stuff" - I just clicked on the link you put in the OCD! I will put this link in the ANN on Monday - I don't think anybody knows how to get here!

Prissy

• Claymaniac
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2010, 11:33:01 PM »
Post by: Prissy on November 10, 2007, 10:29:53 PM
Frankie,

I started this thread last year because I was frustrated that it kept showing Kelly's audition and other scenes over and over again.  I will not mind if they do that with Clay's scenes!! 
I just figured the American Idol Forum was the place for this thread.  I believe there is a similar thread in Clay Daily, too.

I noticed that Clay was not part of a trio but just with one other guy when they had the groups.  The two were excellent, however.

Also, Ruben has been a friend to Ricky from the start, evidently.  I remember Ricky singing backup for Ruben after Ruben won AI and was guesting on some shows.   

It's really fun to watch history being made when we know what's going to happen;  kind of like seeing the future. 

Post by: Clanderson on November 11, 2007, 05:14:04 AM
 :wave Everyone,
    I'm happy to find this thread. I got the first Hollywood show on rewind last night as well, even though the guide said best of the worst.
    What a thrilling surprise to see so much of Clay that we'd never seen before. I was at my computer with the show on in the background fully expecting it to be boring. lol What a talent he was and is! Just wow!
There were quite a few good singers but Clay seemed to stand out from the start. I had to laugh at him taking out his pitch pipe. Always the perfectionist. lol

Post by: clay_enthusiast on November 11, 2007, 10:54:59 PM
Finally found the thread on rewind.  Had to comment on the Hollywood round.  It was great.  very interesting the best yet.  I did not start watching season 2 until the top 8 and I missed a few of the shows after that but did dload them and watch them.  No wonder that they did not show all of the Clay parts on the first show and the UM song and the Superstar song duet.  How many of you watched that over and over and compared the superstar song with R. S. the winner ?   How could there be any doubt who had the best voice and the It factor even at the  very beginning Clay was great , looked relaxed  and sang way better than anyone we heard.  In fact I do not think that R. S. sounded that good and how did C o r e y C la rk get in the top 10, wow he sounded like a girl and he was off pitch sometimes, there were guys better than him.  If AI had shown all of those songs by Clay there would have been no competition on the show Clay stood out so much.  Hopefully this new footage of Clay will continue as the show progresses ,  obviously TBTB who are producing rewind   ----TrIBuNE entertainment  , love Clay since they have included these unseen clips and have Clay as the narrator .  Hope lots of people get to see how great he really was and how from the very beginning he said that he wanted to help people with mental disabilities.  AI so edited out Clay from the very beginning of the show. But the look on Simon's face during UM was telling.  He knew that Clay was fantastic and would become a star.  You can see it in his face when Clay first auditioned with Always and Forever and tonite with UM and Superstar.    :clap

Post by: Prissy on November 12, 2007, 05:28:54 PM
Hello  :wave  to everyone joining the AI Rewind Thread!!!

I do believe that they are going through all of their "miles and miles" of film and pulling out everything with Clay!!!  Also, did you all catch during the audtion shows that "Unchained Melody" is one of Simon's favorite songs?  I'm sure he was very impressed with Clay's rendition of it!

Also, does everyone notice how professional Clay is when he sings and handles the microphone?  Just so much above everyone else there.  I also wonder about him being so thin.  We know he did not have a lot of money.  I worry that he didn't have a lot to eat during his college days.  I really don't mind seeing him today with a few pounds on his frame!! 

I kind of know what's coming when they pick the final 12 or 10, so I want say too much for you all seeing some of this for the first time. 

Can't get enough of AI Clay!!!! :clayfan

Hugs,
Prissy

Post by: clayniac4ver on November 13, 2007, 12:15:32 PM
This season for rewind rules!!!!!!!!!! :clayfan :clayfan :clayfan :clayfan :clayfan :clayfan :clayfan :clayfan :clayfan :clayfan :clayfan :shappy :shappy :shappy :shappy :shappy :shappy :shappy

alyse

Post by: Prissy on November 13, 2007, 12:16:48 PM

I'm glad I'm no longer alone on this thread!!! :lol

Hugs,
Prissy

Post by: Clanderson on November 13, 2007, 01:00:12 PM
Here's an edited youtube of Hollywood week 1. Five minutes long. VERY nice.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=bFdpPeZZiQ4

Nice to join you guys.  :hugg

Post by: clay_enthusiast on November 13, 2007, 03:39:30 PM
 :wave  I have a question for those of you that watch the rewind show ,  is it on the regular fox stations anywhere?    Also are there ads for the show on any stations so that the general

public knows about the show?    I understand that AI website is not even mentioning it this time like they did AI rewind 1.    Perhaps they do not want to let others see the truth about the

show that year or at least advertise it, kind of funny tho because they had to release all of the tapes to Tribune Entertainment to make the show and would have to know that some of

the really good Clay stuff would be used.  ??????    It appears that Tribune Entertainment likes Clay alot to have him narrate  the show.  Hope lots of people are seeing it , this Hollywood 

round was the best,  Simon can"t say Clay was trying to get votes with his Miss America speech.  Simon looks bewildered at Clay's talent and perhaps worried about his IT factor.

Post by: Prissy on November 14, 2007, 09:50:17 AM
clay_enthusiast,

I googled in American Idol Rewind and did not get much for Season 2.  Here is a link that might help, however.  As you scroll down, there is a section that says STATION.  Click on to that and you can put in your state and city to see where the show is broadcast in your area.  Hope this helps.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Idol_Rewind

Post by: Prissy on November 19, 2007, 10:40:05 AM
I did not see these AI 2 episodes that are being shown now on the AI Rewind.  It looks like Clay is not wearing his glasses;  only for the audition.   I don't think Corey Clark ever sounded good.  Still hard to believe he made it into the Finals.    You could already tell that the other contestants were impressed by Clay and Ruben's voices.  Also, Kimberly Locke is a standout and Frenchie Davis.

Interesting when Ruben said he knew he was in the right group if Frenchie was in the group, too! 

What is fun is to already know the future and that Clay will become the standout as the show goes on!! :bigsmile

Prissy

• Claymaniac
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2010, 11:34:01 PM »
Post by: Moonshot on November 19, 2007, 10:53:33 AM
Quote from: Prissy on November 19, 2007, 10:40:05 AM
Interesting when Ruben said he knew he was in the right group if Frenchie was in the group, too! 

I thought that was neat too! That everyone else in the room knew they had to be safe if Ruben was in the room and then Ruben knowing they had to be safe because Frenchie was in the room. The same happened in Clay's group. They all thought they had to be safe if Clay was in their room. It is interesting to hear the thoughts they had before they even had a chance to get to know one another on the show. Their opinion was all based on the talent they saw.

Post by: ClayHeart on November 20, 2007, 10:26:11 AM
On AI rewind this week, it was so wonderful to see clips of Clay that either didn't air the first time around, or I don't remember seeing them.  Even though he hadn't gotten his "makeovers" yet, he still seemed confident and poised during his performances.  When the judges were making their decisions away from he contestants, and Simon didn't seem to be backing Clay, Paula said "he's adorable".  Yes, she saw it even then, what we were just beginning to feel.  Isn't it great to re-experience those first beginning little thuds that would lead to our admiration (aka "obsession") for OMC.  Can't wait to see AI rewind next week!

Debbie

Post by: clayniac4ver on November 20, 2007, 01:03:14 PM
american idol rewind rocked sunday nite

alyse

Post by: fhmmany2 on November 21, 2007, 04:38:11 AM
clay_enthusiest - Rewind is shown 3 times here every weekend (I have Dish Network). On Dish, it comes on on channel 252 on Saturday, 239 on Sunday (both at 7 p.m.) and on the regular FOX channel (33 on Dish) at 11 p.m. Sunday nights - I think that FOX is running ads for the show. I also noticed that the Idol Rewind web site is not showing Season 2 yet - they still have every episode of Season 1 up for people to watch. I'm hoping that they will change to Season 2 after the first of the year.

Post by: Prissy on November 24, 2007, 08:51:26 PM
Hello!

I just watched the 7 o'clock Rewind which was a repeat of last week's 8 o'clock rewind.  Then the second hour they went back to the auditions again!  :para  But mainly the baaaad auditions.  Oh, well, if they show Clay again, that will be OK! :thumb

Post by: clayniac4ver on November 26, 2007, 12:30:04 PM
this season rocks

alyse

Post by: Prissy on December 01, 2007, 06:15:58 PM
Frankie,

I noticed that AI2 Rewind is on FOX also.  I saw some commercials.  I will have to check out when it comes on.  It is on my Channel 9 here in  the Dallas/Fort Worth area.
AI Rewind is known for back tracking a lot, so it will be interesting to find out what we see this evening.

Post by: Prissy on December 02, 2007, 07:46:13 AM
Yes, more back tracking.

This show moves forward a bit, then drops back!!  We saw more auditions again.  I guess they need to do this to have the show run for a season.

Post by: clayniac4ver on December 03, 2007, 12:15:51 PM
no wonder saturday night and sunday nights episodes were the same

alyse

Post by: ClayHeart on December 03, 2007, 03:03:11 PM
Aargh!!!  We have to wait until January to see the AI Rewind episodes that arent' repeats of the previous AI@ Rewind shows.  I know that sounds confusing, doesn't it!!

Hope everyone has a wonderful and exciting week.

Debbie

Prissy

• Claymaniac
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2010, 11:35:03 PM »
Post by: Prissy on December 09, 2007, 04:06:02 PM
Hello!

I missed AI Rewind last night;  thought it would TiVo while I was gone, but it didn't!  :para 

According to Debbie/Clayheart, AI Rewind will be in repeats until January, so I didn't miss anything new, but I would liked to have seen Clay's audition again.

I believe this show takes a few steps forward then steps back!! :lol

Post by: clayniac4ver on December 19, 2007, 01:08:51 PM
cant wait till the 5 of jan

alyse

Post by: Prissy on January 06, 2008, 09:04:24 AM
Hello!

I had a wedding to play in yesterday and got home after AI Rewind, but luckily the TiVo recorded it for me!!  The first hour was a repeat of last week's second hour (bad auditions), but the second hour showed the performances of the first group of 8.  I do not like Kimberly Caldwell's voice.  I think she is a poor singer and I was surprised how Simon gushed over her.  What is he hearing or is he distracted by her good looks?

Charles and Julia were the two chosen and I do believe Kimberly Caldwell and Trenyce return as picks by the judges.  I don't know if Clay will be in the next group of 8 next week.  I do know that Ruben and Kimberly Locke are the two picks and Clay comes back as a Wildcard selection by the audience, I believe.

It's getting good!!

Post by: clayniac4ver on January 09, 2008, 08:03:12 AM
i cant wait till jan 12 to see what clay will be performing

alyse

Post by: Prissy on January 12, 2008, 11:47:13 PM
It was great to see the repeat of the group of 8 that included Ruben, Clay and Kimberly.  I believe I did see this show the first time round, and I remember not being worried about Clay;  that he would come back as the Wildcard.  It was just a feeling I had, and of course, he did.

I am really enjoying the rewind of AI2, especially knowing that we don't have to worry each week if Clay will go home.  In fact, I don't think Clay was ever in the bottom 2.

Post by: geraldine on January 13, 2008, 08:04:21 AM
Prissy ~ Your right, it is nice to be be able sit back and enjoy AI2 rewind!  I watched it from the beginning.  I remember being :cry when Clay went home.  But as you said there was something about him that I knew he would return.  And how special it has been hearing him narrate!  That voice is so recognizable weather he sings or speaks.

It doesn't come on here on Saturday, just Sunday so I know I am in for a treat tonight!  :bouncy  :bouncy

Post by: Prissy on January 13, 2008, 10:17:49 AM
Charlene,

AI Rewind comes on a few times here and I can't keep them all straight!   One weekend afternoon, I was surfing the channels, and there was AI Rewind! :shock  I am watching it on Saturday evenings at 7 and at 8.  The 7 o'clock show is a repeat of the previous week's 8 o'clock show.  So if I miss the "new" show at 8 on a Saturday, I know it will be repeated at 7 the next Saturday! :thumb

When you watch today, notice  how happy Ruben was that Clay was "sent home" when he and Kimberly were the two selected.  In his interview, he said that he knew that Clay would have been his chief competition.  It will be interesting to see his reaction when Clay returns.

What was amazing about AI 2 was to see the fan base grow for Clay each week.  And a lot of that fan base is still with him!  :bigsmile

Post by: geraldine on January 14, 2008, 06:07:23 AM
Prissy - Wow that was interesting.  Yes I did hear Ruben's comment about being happy Clay went home.  I am looking forward to seeing Ruben's reaction when he comes back.  I also heard Kimberly's comment to Clay, for him not to worry, he would be back for the wildcard. 

I will check my listings for the additional days it is on.  I continue to watch it this time around as I did the first time he was on AI2.

He certainly did build up a fan base very quickly and it has been exciting and wonderful to be a :clayfan from then to forever.

I think they said next week will be group 3 on the show.  They always seem to show snippets of Clay and just love his cute comments.

Hugs,
Charlene

Post by: ClayHeart on January 15, 2008, 09:28:26 AM
I taped it and then watched it last night.  What a cutie pie!!  Yes, Reuben sure seemed relieved that Clay went.  Who would have known then that the two of them would be the final two!!  Well, back to work I go.  Have a great day everyone.

Debbie

Post by: Prissy on January 20, 2008, 12:32:58 PM
AI Rewind comes on several times here on the weekend.  My TiVo is recording it automatically for me.  I loved the show with Clay, Kimberly, and Ruben in the group of 8.  Clay was just starting to build his fan base and that's probably why he came in third at that point.  It was funny that Ruben thought Clay was gone!  Was he in for a surprise!!!  And Kimberly was sure Clay would come back as the Wild Card, which he did! :thumb

The next group of 8 had  Vanessa, who had  quite a "colorful personality and did have a really good voice.  I'm surprised Simon said she needed to lose weight and didn't say a word to Ruben, who weighed as we found  out later almost 400 pounds!! :eek  Also, Ryan asked the judges who they thought the two would be and each one of them included Vanessa!

I believe that after the Final 8 are chosen, Simon chooses Kimberly Caldwell, Paula chooses Trenyse, and Randy chooses the young blond from Utah (name?).  Then Clay is selected by the viewers as the Wild Card!!  I remember thinking that Paula, Simon, and Randy didn't choose Clay because they knew he was the Wild Card selection.

I suppose that next week we will have the final group of 8 and Corey Clark and ????? will be selected.  Who am I missing?

Julia, Charles, Ruben, Kimberly, Ricky, Vanessa, Corey and ??????
Then Kimberly C, Trenyse, and the young Utah blond.  Name?????  AND CLAY!!

Prissy

• Claymaniac
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2010, 11:36:14 PM »
Post by: clayistheway on January 24, 2008, 02:24:14 PM
I believe the young blond from Utah you are referring to is Carmen Rasmusen

Post by: Prissy on January 26, 2008, 06:09:59 PM
Clayistheway,

Thanks!  Carmen!  And now I remember Josh Gracin is selected, too.

So,

Julia, Charles, Ruben, Kimberly L., Ricky, Vanessa, Corey and Josh
Then Kimberly C, selected by Simon;  Trenyse, selected by Paula;  Carmen, selected by Randy;  AND CLAY, selected by the audience as the WILD CARD!! :clap

Post by: Prissy on February 02, 2008, 10:08:14 PM
AI Rewind this evening was the Wild Card Show.

I thought that Simon brought back Kimberly C., but it was Randy.  Simon chose Carmen.  Paula chose Trenyse.

The fact that the popular vote chose Clay should have been a wakeup call to the other contestants!!  Clay was on on his way to dominating the show.  I wish they had interviewed Ruben and got his reaction to Clay returning!!  :wink

Wild Card Show - "Don't Let the Sun Go Down On Me"

(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v447/Prissy2/Clay%20Photos%20II/normal_AI2wildcard2.jpg)

(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v447/Prissy2/Clay%20Photos%20II/normal_AI2wildcard.jpg)

(Clickable)
(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v447/Prissy2/Clay%20Photos%20II/th_Wildcard3rdanniversary.jpg) (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v447/Prissy2/Clay%20Photos%20II/Wildcard3rdanniversary.jpg)

Wildcard - 3/4/03 & 3/5/03  Competition: A new bio clip discussed Clay's return for the Wildcard. Clay came out with an amazing rendition of "Don't Let the Sun Go down on me.”  Results: The results show seemed to drag out forever as the judges' picks came before America's pick. The last pick finally came and once Ryan said "Clay Aiken," Clay hugged everybody, including all of the contestants, judges (even Simon!), and Ryan Seacrest. After regaining his composure, Clay sang "Don't Let the Sun Go down on me” again.

DON'T LET THE SUN GO DOWN ON ME - SONG AND JUDGES' COMMENTS

http://youtube.com/watch?v=RqoKXci7wws

Post by: geraldine on February 03, 2008, 06:52:30 AM
:wave Prissy
I will be watching the WILD CARD show tonight.  I have been waitng for this one to come on because from here Clay will be on every show. 

I was hoping Ruben's reaction to Clay's return would a part of the show, but I think we know,,especially today with the sucess clay has had that Ruben knew he had some tough competition there.

I can't wait to see that cutie-pie face :thud and hear him sing.  It really has been fun watching it again, hasn't it? :hugg

Post by: geraldine on February 04, 2008, 05:57:29 AM
Prissy- As I watched the "wild card" show last night, after they announced  who would be coming back,  they brought out the final 12 and I watched Ruben's expression as he came on stage with the rest.  He looked at Clay and did not look happy.  Now that Clay is back, I can hardly wait to see him next week.

Post by: clayniac4ver on February 06, 2008, 07:39:05 AM
american idol rewind on sunday was awesome

alyse

Post by: Prissy on February 09, 2008, 10:41:35 PM
Hello!

I am having such a good time re-watching AI 2!  Even on the first night with an audience, you can already see the huge following Clay has;  and the signs are starting to appear.

Motown and "Sugar Pie, Honey Bunch,"  was when I first became enamored of Clay!! What an exciting performer and he just has gotten better over the years!

Vanessa is the first one to leave.

Post by: geraldine on February 10, 2008, 05:01:27 AM
Prissy :wave Since AI2 rewind comes on here on Sundays, I will be watching it tonight.  I am enjoying it as much as I did the first time around.  The anticipation of waiting for him to come out on stage and sing is still making even wonderful new memories.  And knowing how successful he has become makes me so proud.

The elimanation night was always a nail biter. It's fun to know now that we know it won't be clay, but Venessa.

Looking forward to next week's show.

Post by: ClayHeart on February 11, 2008, 09:44:44 AM
Good morning everyone,

Boy, I sure did enjoy watching AI Rewind yesterday.  I agree with everyone who says how exciting it is, even though we know what the outcome is.  I wish Reuben Studdard all the best, and I feel badly that he was recently dropped by his record company.  He always seemed like a very nice man.  That being said, I always thought how obvious it was that Clay was a better all-around singer/entertainer.  He grew in confidence and star quality each week, and I don't believe Reuben did.  All I know, is it amazes me how excited I was waiting for him to come out last night, and I even rewound my recording and re-watched it several times when it was over.  Gosh, he was sweet!!  I really have to get back to work now.  Bye for now.
Debbie

Post by: Prissy on February 11, 2008, 02:44:06 PM
Debbie and Charlene,

I will always be convinced that Clay won AI 2;  there was just some "snafu" in the voting!!  Ruben just did not have the "star" quality Clay had.  I was surprised to see Kimberly Locke in the bottom 3, knowing she went on to be in the top three.

Here are some pictures of Motown Clay;  "Sugar Pie, Honey Bunch."

(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v447/Prissy2/Motown14.jpg)

((http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v447/Prissy2/Motown18.jpg)     (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v447/Prissy2/Motown17.jpg)

(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v447/Prissy2/Motown15.jpg)      (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v447/Prissy2/Motown01.jpg)

(Clickable)
(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v447/Prissy2/Clay%20Photos%20II/th_Motown4thanniversarystandard.jpg) (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v447/Prissy2/Clay%20Photos%20II/Motown4thanniversarystandard.jpg)

Motown - 3/11/03 & 3/12/03  Competition: Clay performed "I Can't Help Myself" and Lamont Dozier, the guest judge, said "You look like you've already arrived. You look like a professional.” Group Performance - "Heatwave".

SUGAR PIE HONEY BUNCH/I CAN'T HELP MYSELF - SONG AND JUDGES' COMMENTS

http://youtube.com/watch?v=7oK-NJFv3r8&feature=related

Vanessa was the first one eliminated.

Prissy

• Claymaniac
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2010, 11:37:29 PM »
Post by: Prissy on February 17, 2008, 11:41:26 AM
AI Rewind this weekend has songs from the movies.  Gladys Knight was the celebrity judge.  She said wonderful things about Clay:  You are a mystery.  And your voice is pure.  I don't know what will happen for you but something extraordinary;  or words to that effect.  Simon even said that Clay was the one to beat!!  :bigsmile

(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v447/Prissy2/Clay%20Photos%20II/Gladys.jpg)

Clay sang, "Somewhere Out There."

(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v447/Prissy2/Clay%20Photos%20II/ca12.jpg)   (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v447/Prissy2/Clay%20Photos%20II/ca2.jpg)

(Clickable)
(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v447/Prissy2/Clay%20Photos%20II/th_MovieNight4thanniversaryStandard.jpg) (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v447/Prissy2/Clay%20Photos%20II/MovieNight4thanniversaryStandard.jpg)

Movie - 3/18/03 & 3/19/03  Competition: Clay sang "Somewhere Out There", from the movie An American Tail. Simon said, "With that performance, you're the one they've got to beat.” Three judges gave him a standing ovation including Gladys Knight who said he was magic.  Group Performances - "Footloose" and "I've Had the Time of My Life"

SOMEWHERE OUT THERE: SONG AND JUDGES' COMMENTS

http://youtube.com/watch?v=hql7VmoJKFA&feature=related

Charles was the second one sent home.

:soapbox  They are doubliing up the main show with the results show;  and they are not showing the segments where the contestant goes over and sits on a stool by Ryan and has a brief chat.  I miss that part.  I really wish they would show all of both weekly shows.  I certainly think they can take the time to do that.

Post by: woodstock854 on February 17, 2008, 09:09:09 PM
Prissy and everyone,
I am enjoying watching AI Rewind SO much!!!!!   :bouncy :bouncy :bouncy  Much more than AI.   :wink
I get the program on both Saturday and Sunday, but Saturday is a week behind, and Sunday is the current week.  Clay has been SO SO good, although I have seen it before.   :wink  Just never enough, huh???
I agree that it would have been nice to see the contestants sit with Ryan.  But I am enjoying every minute that I can get!!!
Tonight, I turned it on and Clay was first.  Older son was here and he said.....HOW OLD IS THIS?????   :lmao :lmao :lmao
Well...they let me watch it anyway.   :wink
Gladys Knight was just wonderful.   Have always loved her.
Can't wait till next week!!!!   :bouncy
Woodstock :bouncy

Post by: ClayHeart on February 18, 2008, 01:56:04 PM
I agree Woodstock.  I really am enjoying AI Rewind again.  It's so fun to watch it and see how Clay's popularity grew.  It seemed that Gladys Knight could see something special in Clay and she knew something special was going to happen for him.  I think she could see his character as a man, as well as his voice.  Well ...... back to work.   :para

Debbie

Post by: Prissy on February 21, 2008, 01:05:54 PM
Debbie and Woody,

AI Rewind will only get better as the weeks go on!!

Post by: Prissy on February 24, 2008, 11:46:23 AM
This weekend on AI Rewind is Country/Rock songs week.  The guest judge was Olivia Newton John.  She pretty much liked everyone!!

Clay sang "Someone Else's Star."  He sang beautifully, but I was not that fond of the song.  I think he could have found a better country song.
I love how there is this huge cheer everytime Clay's name is announced!!  :bigsmile

(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v447/Prissy2/Clay%20Photos%20II/ca9.jpg)   (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v447/Prissy2/Clay%20Photos%20II/ca13.jpg)   (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v447/Prissy2/Clay%20Photos%20II/ca10.jpg

(Clickable)
(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v447/Prissy2/Clay%20Photos%20II/th_CountryNightanniversarypaper2007.jpg) (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v447/Prissy2/Clay%20Photos%20II/CountryNightanniversarypaper2007.jpg)

Country - 3/25/03 & 3/26/03  Competition: Clay sang "Someone Else's Star." He got a standing ovation from Randy, Paula and Olivia Newton John, But Simon said his performance was too much like the previous week.  Results: Group Performances - "Where the Blacktop Ends" and "God Bless the USA" Ford Commercial - "Mustang Sally".  Feature - During an audience Q&A, a girl asks Clay who he would want to play him in a movie and Clay said, “Yahoo Serious, then he asked Ryan if he was available. Finally, they talked him into Brad Pitt.

SOMEONE ELSE'S STAR

http://youtube.com/watch?v=-sQbBLD51uM&feature=related

Julia De Mato was the third one eliminated.

Post by: KSChristian4Clay on February 24, 2008, 07:43:51 PM
I loved Clay's song choice.  :clap I own that CD, in fact.

The thing that irritated me was that week they let Ruben sing "Sweet Home Alabama" and that is not a country song. Lynyrd Skynyrd is a southern rock group. Also, Corey sang "Drift Away" and that Dobie Gray is not a country artist either.

Post by: fhmmany2 on February 24, 2008, 09:23:50 PM
 :wave I finally remmebered to come here! I am enjoying Idol Rewind very much, since I did not watch the entire show in 2003, but I agree with Prissy - we all know that Clay really won. As we were watching tonight, I told Lewis that Clay never was in the bottom 3 - not even once - until he "lost". I don't know if I can watch that final show again!  :cuss :censor :lol

Post by: Prissy on March 02, 2008, 12:21:14 PM
This 4th week of AI 2 Rewind was Disco Week and the guest judge was a singer with EARTH, WIND AND FIRE.  I didn't catch his name.  Clay sang "Everlasting Love," again not a song that I was particularly fond of, but Clay was great.  The judges all liked Clay, but Simon said he was terrible.  I believe this showed that Simon was starting to realize the popularity of Clay and wanted to stop it if he could.

Each week the cheers are louder for Clay and there are more and more Clay signs in the audience.  :clap

Because Corey Clark did not divulge to the AI producers that he had a criminal charge against him, he was eliminated from the competition.  That is why no one else was sent home that 4th week.  The bottom three were Trenyce, Carmen, and Kimberly L.  Kimberly L was safe, Ryan said, but that the votes this 4th week would count with the votes next week.

Disco Clay!
(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v447/Prissy2/Clay%20Photos%20II/normal_clay59.jpg)

(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v447/Prissy2/Clay%20Photos%20II/ca8.jpg)   (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v447/Prissy2/Clay%20Photos%20II/ca7.jpg)

(Clickable)
(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v447/Prissy2/Clay%20Photos%20II/th_EverlastingLove.jpg) (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v447/Prissy2/Clay%20Photos%20II/EverlastingLove.jpg)

Disco - 4/1/03 & 4/2/03  Competition: Clay sang "Everlasting Love". Randy said it was "Brilliant", Paula said his voice was "Golden.” The guest Judge from Earth, Wind, and Fire said "You can SING" but he didn't impress Simon. Results: Group Performances - "A Night to Remember" and "Boogie Wonderland". Ford Commercial - "Car Wash". The contestants were shown recording "God Bless the USA ", which will be released to benefit the Red Cross.

EVERLASTING LOVE

http://youtube.com/watch?v=NvasM8vsEHM&feature=related

Post by: clayharmony on March 02, 2008, 01:08:35 PM
Hello all,  :wave

I need to catch up with this thread...and Prissy, I believe you asked me a Q on the 'insomniacs' thread which I still need to respond to...for now, I am quickly posting with a dilemma and a request...  I was taping AI2 Rewind off my DVR...and drat...the DVR went on the blink...the box had to be replaced which had at least 3 weeks for me to add to my tape... so, my request... is anybody taping them too?...I wanted the full thing, not just the Clay parts...or I could make a CD of it from Clack Unlimited.  I googled this, and supposedly iTunes has the episodes...when I searched on that site, they didn't surface.  I appreciate any assistance I might receive...  :hugg

~~Johanna

Post by: Prissy on March 02, 2008, 03:38:09 PM
Johanna,

I am not taping but TiVoing AI Rewind each week.  In my area it comes on 4 times that I know of.  On Saturday afternoon is the repeat of the show the previous week.  On Sunday afternoon is the new show.  I have my TiVo set up to record the Saturday evening showings which include the previous week and the new week.  There is an overlap, so I am saving every other week's TiVo of the shows.  I am not sure how or if this can be put on tapes. 

I do know there are people who have tapes from the original AI 2 four years ago and I'm sure some are taping the AI2 Rewind. 

I miss the interviews with Ryan after each contestant's performance, and I wish they would also show the results show or more of it than they are.

Prissy

• Claymaniac
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2010, 11:38:42 PM »
Post by: woodstock854 on March 02, 2008, 06:29:11 PM
AI Rewind was preempted tonight and won't be on until 1:30 am.  I am going to my daughter's overnight, but I will tape it.

Quote from: Prissy on March 02, 2008, 12:21:14 PM
This 4th week of AI 2 Rewind was Disco Week and the guest judge was a singer with EARTH, WIND AND FIRE.  I didn't catch his name.  Clay sang "Everlasting Love," again not a song that I was particularly fond of, but Clay was great.  The judges all liked Clay, but Simon said he was terrible.  I believe this showed that Simon was starting to realize the popularity of Clay and wanted to stop it if he could.

Prissy, I SO agree.  Simon started to back down from his previous great remarks.  How could he possible say Clay was terrible???  I didn't love that song, but no matter what Clay did, he sounded GREAT IMHO.   :wink

Johanna, I am taping the whole thing.  I KNOW I have at least from the wild card show till now.  I have to go through and see what else I have of the early rounds.  I missed a few.  But I will be glad to put a tape together for you when it is all done.   :bigsmile

Post by: clayharmony on March 02, 2008, 07:06:55 PM
Quote from: woodstock854 on March 02, 2008, 06:29:11 PM
AI Rewind was preempted tonight and won't be on until 1:30 am.  I am going to my daughter's overnight, but I will tape it.

Johanna, I am taping the whole thing.  I KNOW I have at least from the wild card show till now.  I have to go through and see what else I have of the early rounds.  I missed a few.  But I will be glad to put a tape together for you when it is all done.   :bigsmile

Thank you, thank you!  :hugg ...I lost a lot of DVR'd items...it was so convenient to rewatch Clay favs...but I really wanted the whole AI2 Rewind Episodes together... woohoo, and it's great to be a part of the Clay Nation...especially as exemplified on this board...the best of them all!   

Post by: fhmmany2 on March 02, 2008, 08:24:07 PM
Thank goodness for this thread! I read on another Board that this was the Broadway week - then, when it came on here, it was Disco! I see that most of you are getting disco, too - and every judge loved Clay except for you-know-who. Watching this again is not good for my blood pressure!!!!!  :cuss :lol

Post by: Prissy on March 08, 2008, 10:12:45 PM
This 5th week of AI 2 was #1 Hits from Billboard Magazine.  Lionel Richie was the guest judge.  I am a big fan of Lionel Richie and really like a lot of his hit songs.

Clay sang "At This Moment," and it was excellent as always.  Randy and Paula thought Clay was always a good singer but didn't particularly like the song.  Lionel Richie, like some other judges, thought Clay was great and couldn't believe all that sound came out of that body.  Paula thought it should have been more gut wrenching;  which was strange, because it was really gut wrenching!!  Simon surprised Clay and said it was great and right on the money!!!  Clay looked like he was in shock! :shock

I could not find any Clay pictures from this 5th week.  :para

Post by: ILClaymate on March 08, 2008, 10:58:47 PM
Prissy ~  no pics??  Oh no...well here's a couple for your collection.  :bigsmile

(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v239/ILClaymate/AI2/clayaikenai18.jpg)

(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v239/ILClaymate/AI2/clayaikenai17.jpg)

Post by: franniek54 on March 08, 2008, 11:08:22 PM

(http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q103/franniek54/blends/atthismoment.jpg)

Post by: ILClaymate on March 08, 2008, 11:18:09 PM
Nice blend, Fran!  That one is NTM.  Right click, save!

Post by: franniek54 on March 08, 2008, 11:42:13 PM

Prissy and Ang ~ Here's some from the performance show

(http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q103/franniek54/AI/334-BB-EndOfShow.jpg)

(http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q103/franniek54/AI/328-Simon-ThatSongWasPerfectForYou.gif)

(http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q103/franniek54/AI/327-BB-Judgement.jpg)

(http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q103/franniek54/AI/326-BB-Judgement.jpg)

(http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q103/franniek54/AI/324-BB-ATM.jpg)

(http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q103/franniek54/AI/314-BillBoardHits-Final-8.jpg)

Post by: franniek54 on March 08, 2008, 11:45:11 PM

and here's some from the results show

(http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q103/franniek54/AI/347-BB-RS-Couch.jpg)

(http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q103/franniek54/AI/346-BB-RS-Couch-KissingCarmen.jpg)

(http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q103/franniek54/AI/344-BB-RS-Couch.jpg)

(http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q103/franniek54/AI/342-BB-RS-Couch.jpg)

(http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q103/franniek54/AI/339-BB-AllNightLong.jpg)

(http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q103/franniek54/AI/337-BB-AllNightLong.jpg)

(http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q103/franniek54/AI/335-BB-ResultShow.jpg)

Post by: woodstock854 on March 09, 2008, 01:06:01 AM
I ACTUALLY got AI Rewind today...but it was the Disco show.  But just glad I didn't miss it.  Now the TV Program guide says 2-3 am Sunday night/Monday morning on WGN.  But last week it said 1:30 am and it wasn't on.   :bduh   So we'll see.  I WAS caught up but now I'm a week behind again.   :wink  I can't believe Simon thought Clay was terrible.   :bang  I don't believe for a minute that Simon really thought that.  How could he???  He could have said...not the best I've ever heard...but TERRIBLE?????   :naughty

Prissy

• Claymaniac
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2010, 11:40:16 PM »
Post by: franniek54 on March 09, 2008, 03:07:05 AM
Quote from: woodstock854 on March 09, 2008, 01:06:01 AM
I ACTUALLY got AI Rewind today...but it was the Disco show.  But just glad I didn't miss it.  Now the TV Program guide says 2-3 am Sunday night/Monday morning on WGN.  But last week it said 1:30 am and it wasn't on.   :bduh   So we'll see.  I WAS caught up but now I'm a week behind again.   :wink  I can't believe Simon thought Clay was terrible.   :bang  I don't believe for a minute that Simon really thought that.  How could he???  He could have said...not the best I've ever heard...but TERRIBLE?????   :naughty

Woody, I'm a week behind too.  Even the show that's on in the wee hours of Sunday morning is a week behind everyone else.   :sniff   We WGN watchers just have to accept that I guess.  But once baseball season starts in earnest AIR is gonna be pre-empted on a regular basis.  That really scares me.

Clay on a really bad day is still better than most everybody else, so terrible?  Sorry Simon, nobody's buyin that!  maybe not the perfect disco styling, but not terrible.  I think Simon didn't understand or like disco any better than he did country.  and he certainly didn't understand or like Clay.  That's probably a compliment to Clay.

He also said that Carmen was the most commercial of all the girls up there, and that was dead wrong.  Kimberly Caldwell and Trenyce were the most commercial.  They needed almost no polishing, they were virtually ready to go.  I had forgotten how good Trenyce really was.  She had the whole package.

Post by: Prissy on March 09, 2008, 08:24:40 AM
 :wow

Clandy and Fran,
Thanks for all these pictures from the Billboard's No. 1 Hits week.  I looked in our own photo gallery and other places and couldn't find a thing. I especially liked Clay's expression when Simon had good things to say about his performance. :shock

(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v447/Prissy2/Clay%20Photos%20II/328-Simon-ThatSongWasPerfectForYou.gif)   (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v447/Prissy2/Clay%20Photos%20II/328-Simon-ThatSongWasPerfectForY-1.jpg)   

(Clickable)
(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v447/Prissy2/Clay%20Photos%20II/th_BB1Standardjpeg.jpg) (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v447/Prissy2/Clay%20Photos%20II/BB1Standardjpeg.jpg)

Billboard #1 Hits - 4/8/03 & 4/9/03  Competition: Clay sings "At This Moment" by Billy Vera and the Beaters. Lionel Richie was in awe of Clay's voice: "Who is that Guy?” Simon said "That song was perfect for you; absolutely on the Money, Well done!" Results: Group performance - "All Night Long;" Ford Commercial - "Get Outta My Dream, Get Into My Car," featuring Ruben and multiple Carmens. Feature - The contestants visit the Billboard offices.

If you look at the previous page, you can see that I am posting pictures of Clay each week from AI 2.  Any pictures you all can add, will be greatly appreciated.

I forgot to mention that Rickey Smith, in spite of glowing remarks from all the judges, was the 5th Contestant eliminated.  He and the two Kimberly's were in the bottom three.  Poor Kimberly Locke is in the bottom three almost every week.

The seven remaining are Ruben, Clay, Josh, Trenyce, Carmen, Kimberly L., and Kimberly C.

Clay never had a bad performance.  He was consistently excellent each week.  I think Simon decided beforehand if he was going to slam Clay or not.   Clay always looked so worried then relieved during the Results Show.

This was also the show where Simon insulted Lionel Richie and said he didn't like his rendition of the song Ricky Smith sang, but he liked Rickey.  Lionel Richie stood up and looked around at the audience like he was wanting reinforcements against Simon.  This was the first time the guest judge sat between Randy and Paula and not between Paula and Simon.  Probably a good thing!! :wink

:wave  Woody,
Sorry for the difficulty getting Rewind this week.  It comes on about four times here and I am TiVo ing the Saturday evening showings. The first hour is the previous week's show;  the second hour is the "new" week's show.

Youtube video of Clay singing "At This Moment."

http://youtube.com/watch?v=xEeidOjhpEA&feature=related

Youtube video of judges' comments:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=caotZvZWIbM&feature=related

Post by: Prissy on March 09, 2008, 09:03:43 AM
AI 2 Schedule (Starting with the Wild Card Show)

Wild Card Show

Motown Show

Movie Night

Country Night

Disco Night

Billboard #1 Hits Night

Billy Joel Night

Halfway Home Night

Diane Warren Night

Neil Sedaka Night

BEEGEES Night

Top 3

The Finals

It seemed like last season's Rewind of AI 1 kept backtracking a lot.  So, we will see if the schedule follows each week.  I wish they would take the time to show the Results Show or at least some of it; also, Ryan's brief interviews with the singers after each performed and heard the judges' remarks.

Post by: franniek54 on March 10, 2008, 04:01:02 AM

Prissy ~ At this link there are 22-AI2 Anniversary Wallpapers made by Fountaindawg.  Also if you scroll over them there is info about each episode.

AI2 Wallpapers (http://picasaweb.google.com/clayaikenkids/FountaindawgAIAnniversaryWallpapers)

I'll get us caught up with some clickable thumbnails.

Charlotte audition-10/17/02, Never broadcast but can be seen on YouTube, Clay sang "Somewhere Over the Rainbow"

(http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q103/franniek54/AI/th_20022010201720Charlotte20Audition.jpg) (http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q103/franniek54/AI/20022010201720Charlotte20Audition.jpg)

Atlanta Audition-11/1/02, Broadcast 1/28/03

(http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q103/franniek54/AI/th_AlwaysandForever3rdanniversary.jpg) (http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q103/franniek54/AI/AlwaysandForever3rdanniversary.jpg)

Glendale Auditions Dec. 2002, Broadcast 1/29/03, Clay sang a short custom melody and "Superstar".

(http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q103/franniek54/AI/th_HollywoodRounda.jpg) (http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q103/franniek54/AI/HollywoodRounda.jpg)

Final 32-Group 2, 2/11/03 and 2/12/03

(http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q103/franniek54/AI/th_DGroupTwo20074thanniversary.jpg) (http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q103/franniek54/AI/DGroupTwo20074thanniversary.jpg)

Wildcard Show 3/4/03 and 3/5/03, Clay sang "Don't Let the Sun Go Down on Me".

(http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q103/franniek54/AI/th_Wildcard3rdanniversary.jpg) (http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q103/franniek54/AI/Wildcard3rdanniversary.jpg)

Motown Show 3/11/03 and 3/12/03

(http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q103/franniek54/AI/th_Motown4thanniversarystandard.jpg) (http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q103/franniek54/AI/Motown4thanniversarystandard.jpg)

Movie Night  3/18/03 and 3/19/03, Clay sang "Somewhere Out There".

(http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q103/franniek54/AI/th_MovieNight4thanniversaryStandard.jpg) (http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q103/franniek54/AI/MovieNight4thanniversaryStandard.jpg)

Country Night, 3/25/03 and 3/26/03

(http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q103/franniek54/AI/th_CountryNightanniversarypaper2007.jpg) (http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q103/franniek54/AI/CountryNightanniversarypaper2007.jpg)

Disco Night, 4/1/03 and 4/2/03

(http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q103/franniek54/AI/th_EverlastingLove.jpg) (http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q103/franniek54/AI/EverlastingLove.jpg)

Billboard #1 Hits Night, 4/8/03 and 4/9/03

(http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q103/franniek54/AI/th_BB1Standardjpeg.jpg) (http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q103/franniek54/AI/BB1Standardjpeg.jpg)

Post by: Prissy on March 10, 2008, 10:16:02 AM
Thanks, Fran!

That's a great link.  I will certainly check on it as we travel down this road with Clay again!!  :clap

Post by: Prissy on March 15, 2008, 10:10:46 PM
This 6th Week of American Idol was Billy Joel week with the contestants singing songs by the "Piano Man", Billy Joel.  Smokey Robinson was the guest judge.  I must have missed something because I don't know why Billy Joel wasn't guest judge. :dunno

Clay sang "Tell Her About It."  He said he liked it that he could start it out like a ballad and then go up tempo with it.  This was the show where Simon said he preferred hearing Clay sing with his eyes closed!!

Randy and Simon also said that Ruben was sounding too much the same (Barry White) each week.

TELL HER ABOUT IT

(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v447/Prissy2/Clay%20Photos%20II/ca6.jpg)   (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v447/Prissy2/Clay%20Photos%20II/ca5.jpg)

(Clickable)
(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v447/Prissy2/Clay%20Photos%20II/th_BillyJoelWeek.jpg) (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v447/Prissy2/Clay%20Photos%20II/BillyJoelWeek.jpg)

Billy Joel - 4/15/03 & 4/16/03  Competition: Clay's Performance - "Tell Her about It." He started out slow but then picked up tempo for the chorus. Wore a black blazer and a blue shirt. Randy says "You did your thing", and Smokey Robinson said "You can sing anything". Results: Group Performance - "For the Longest Time;" Ford Commercial - "Speed Racer;" Features - Contestants visit the set of Boston Public.

TELL HER ABOUT IT

http://youtube.com/watch?v=-8BCBS-iQOE

Carmen, Trenyce and Kimberly C. were in the bottom three.  For the first time in a while, Kimberly Locke was not in the bottom three.

Kimberly Cauldwell was the sixth person eliminated.  And the judges were all complimentary of Kimberly C. this week. :scratch
(Does anyone even care what the judges say?!) :doh

Clay, Ruben, Josh, Kimberly L., Carmen, and Trenyce are the six remaining.

Post by: franniek54 on March 17, 2008, 01:14:47 AM
Prissy ~ Here's a nice big wallpaper (clickable x2) that includes all of his cute faces from that night

(http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q103/franniek54/AI/th_tellheraboutit2.jpg) (http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q103/franniek54/AI/tellheraboutit2.jpg)

And 2 cute little gifs

(http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q103/franniek54/AI/12movieai12.gif)             (http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q103/franniek54/AI/11movieAI25.gif)   

And a Speed Racer

(http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q103/franniek54/AI/vwrvwre.jpg)

A performance night

(http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q103/franniek54/AI/349-BillyJoel-Final-7.jpg)

A results night

(http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q103/franniek54/AI/363-BJ-ResultShow.jpg)

A For the Longest Time

(http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q103/franniek54/AI/364-BJ-RS-ForTheLongestTime.jpg)

2 Carmens and a Kimberly

(http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q103/franniek54/AI/367-BJ-FTLT.jpg)

(http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q103/franniek54/AI/366-BJ-FTLT.jpg)

(http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q103/franniek54/AI/375-BJ-Couch-KLo-Love.jpg)

Post by: Prissy on March 17, 2008, 10:05:31 AM
 :wow

Thanks, Fran!!

More great pictures!!!   I am so glad to have you contributing to the AI 2 Rewind Thread.  Too bad we are not seeing the whole results show with the group songs, commercials, and everything.   But maybe, when they start "rewinding and backtracking," we'll see shows we're missing now! :thumb

Post by: Prissy on March 22, 2008, 09:19:01 PM
The seventh week of AI 2 was Halfway Home week, but that was not shown this weekend.  Instead, it jumped a week to Diane Warren week.

Clay sang "I Could Not Ask for More" and everyone liked him except Simon said that he still didn't see Clay as what they were looking for;  a recording artist.  He saw Clay as more a Broadway Star.  He would be a hit in Phantom of the Opera.  Then Randy brought up that was the show with a mask, referring to Simon saying last time, he preferred Clay with his eyes closed!!

In the side comment, Clay said he decided to take the Broadway comment from Simon as a compliment because some of the best singers were on Broadway.  Obviously this was all filmed before Clay agreed to star in SPAMALOT.

I COULD NOT ASK FOR MORE

(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v447/Prissy2/Clay%20Photos%20II/dianewarren1.jpg)   (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v447/Prissy2/Clay%20Photos%20II/dianewarren7.jpg)

(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v447/Prissy2/Clay%20Photos%20II/ca4.jpg)        (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v447/Prissy2/Clay%20Photos%20II/ca3.jpg)

(Clickable)

(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v447/Prissy2/Clay%20Photos%20II/th_Top6DianeWarrenstandard.jpg) (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v447/Prissy2/Clay%20Photos%20II/Top6DianeWarrenstandard.jpg)

Diane Warren - 4/22/03 & 4/23/03  Competition: Clay sings "I Could Not Ask For More." Randy says "We're trying to find the best in America, and every week, you come up with it. You are definitely one of the best in America." Paula says another great vocal performance, "Be truthful to yourself as an artist - Definite Contender for the finals." Diane Warren said, "Great. Wonderful." Results: Group Performance - "Shine;" Ford Commercial "Fun, Fun, Fun;"

I COULD NOT ASK FOR MORE

http://youtube.com/watch?v=1amg8r-QmJw&feature=related

Kimberly Locke was not in the Bottom Three and has been getting compliments from Simon.  He said Ruben and Clay better watch out for Kimberly.

The bottom three were Carmen, Trenyce, and Josh.

Carmen was eliminated this week.

Clay, Ruben, Josh, Kimberly and Trenyce are the five remaining.

Post by: franniek54 on March 24, 2008, 02:53:56 AM

Prissy~ I'm up watching AIR right now since I missed it at 4 PM on Saturday.  We're on Billy Joel Week.  I love that they included Billy Joel's incite into why and how each song was written.

Kim Caldwell did her personal best so far but she still doesn't measure up. 

Ruben was very mediocre this week.

Kim Locke was AMAZING!  Very bluesy, and she looked great!  She's starting to stretch and grow.

Carmen....what was she wearing?  a tee shirt under a sundress?  and I'm sorry, but she doesn't sing well at all.  Who brought her back anyway?

Trenyce!  OMG!  Was she ever good singing JAZZ!  She's very versatile.

Josh chose a song that he could sing well and that wasn't a country song, and he did OK, but his mannerisms are still country.  Why is it that country singers have such a hard time singing other genres?

Clay was good.  Simon gave him a backward compliment cuz he said that when he has his eyes closed he enjoys Clay more cuz he sounds good.  (That's Simon's interpretation.)  Ironically Clay was looking really good that night, except for those baggy pants!  It looks like a zoot suit!

It's so interesting to look back at these performances and see again how the whole thing went down, how the singers evolved musically and physically, and to compare my impressions as I remember them to my impressions now.

Mostly it's fun to be reminded of how much Clay has evolved since then.  He was always my favorite during that season but looking back he wasn't necessarily the best.  What I DO understand now is how tough a competitor he is.  He did everything he had to do to win that competition.  And he still does everything he has to do to succeed.  That's why I think he will continue to be around for as long as HE wants to be, cuz he's a scrapper, and that makes him a winner.

Prissy

• Claymaniac
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2010, 11:42:00 PM »
Post by: franniek54 on March 24, 2008, 03:56:40 AM

Here are a couple of pics and one blend from Halfway Home Night.

(http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q103/franniek54/AI/clayaikenai26.jpg)

(http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q103/franniek54/AI/042103somewhere22.jpg)

(http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q103/franniek54/AI/042103somewhere21.jpg)

(http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q103/franniek54/AI/8136d29a.jpg)

(http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q103/franniek54/AI/381-HalfwayHome.jpg)

(http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q103/franniek54/AI/th_halfwaySOT-1.jpg) (http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q103/franniek54/AI/halfwaySOT-1.jpg)   click twice!

Post by: franniek54 on March 24, 2008, 04:03:45 AM
Here's 2 pics and 2 wallpapers from Diane Warren Week

(http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q103/franniek54/AI/portairtorbpurple.gif)

(http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q103/franniek54/AI/ICNAFM.jpg)

(http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q103/franniek54/AI/th_1hothothotCNAFM.jpg) (http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q103/franniek54/AI/1hothothotCNAFM.jpg)   click

(http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q103/franniek54/AI/th_icouldnotaskformore-1.jpg) (http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q103/franniek54/AI/icouldnotaskformore-1.jpg)   click twice

Post by: Prissy on March 29, 2008, 11:34:39 PM
This weekend on AI REWIND was Nell Sedaka Week and Neil was the guest judge, also.  After Clay sang BUILD ME UP BUTTERCUP, Neil said he would kill to write and produce Clay's first album.  Simon thought Clay was fantastic, but wondered what "Buttercup" meant.

Clay's second song was SOLITAIRE.  Neil said that would forever be a Clay Aiken song.  Simon thought it was very good, too.  In his side comments, Clay said he told the producer he wanted a dark stage with just one light behind him to give a "solitary" feel to the song.

BUILD ME UP BUTTERCUP
(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v447/Prissy2/Clay%20Photos%20II/buttercupclay1.jpg)   (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v447/Prissy2/Clay%20Photos%20II/60sedaka4-1.jpg)

(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v447/Prissy2/Clay%20Photos%20II/60sedaka2-1.jpg)   (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v447/Prissy2/Clay%20Photos%20II/60sedaka1butter.jpg)

(Clicaable)

(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v447/Prissy2/Clay%20Photos%20II/th_Sedaka60sweek2.jpg) (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v447/Prissy2/Clay%20Photos%20II/Sedaka60sweek2.jpg)

BUILD ME UP BUTTERCUP - SONG AND JUDGES' COMMENTS

http://youtube.com/watch?v=g4tHQYZfvhE&feature=related

SOLITAIRE
(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v447/Prissy2/Clay%20Photos%20II/d8adf5ed.jpg)

(Clickable)

(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v447/Prissy2/Clay%20Photos%20II/th_Sedaka60sweek.jpg) (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v447/Prissy2/Clay%20Photos%20II/Sedaka60sweek.jpg)

Neil Sedaka/60s - 4/29/03 & 4/30/03  Competition: Clay's Performance - On this night, they started singing 2 songs, "Build Me Up Buttercup" was followed by an amazing performance of "Solitaire." This was the night Neil Sedaka told Clay that "you sing like Andre Agassi plays tennis - PERFECTION, PERFECTION - and I would kill to write and produce your first CD." After "Solitaire," he declared, "I have lost my song forever to you. It will always be a Clay Aiken song." Randy, Paula, and Simon also loved both of his performances. Results: Group Performance - 60s medley: Clay's solo was "I Think I'm Going out of My Head." Some of the past finalists return to join the contestants for "What the World Needs Now," led by Burt Bacharach on piano. Ford Commercial - "Do You Believe in Magic?"

SOLITAIRE

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ezewktwS-KI&feature=related

JUDGES' COMMENTS

http://youtube.com/watch?v=K_2HzNzMfXE&feature=related

Trenyce and Ruben were in the bottom two.  Trenyce was eliminated.

The four remaining are Ruben, Clay, Kimberly, and Scott Josh.

Post by: ILClaymate on March 30, 2008, 12:12:38 AM
Quote from: Prissy on March 29, 2008, 11:34:39 PM
The four remaining are Ruben, Clay, Kimberly, and Scott.

Hi Prissy!  Thanks so much for the weekly reviews and pics (thanks also to Fran).  I just got done watching it myself.  I really enjoy the new 2008 interviews and to hear their perspective of what was going on back then or what they were thinking.   I think you meant to say 'Josh' instead of Scott??

Post by: Prissy on March 30, 2008, 10:07:39 AM
Thanks, Clandy!

Josh looks like a Scott to me!!  :lol

I am enjoying the comments of the contestants, too,  as they look back on their performances and the judges' comments.

Fran,
I bet you are around the corner with some more pictures from Neil Sedaka week.

Post by: franniek54 on March 30, 2008, 01:07:58 PM
Here's a few more for BMUB

(http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q103/franniek54/blends/th_buildmeupbuttercup1.jpg) (http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q103/franniek54/blends/buildmeupbuttercup1.jpg) clickable

(http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q103/franniek54/AI/buttercupend.jpg)

(http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q103/franniek54/AI/12073.jpg)

(http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q103/franniek54/AI/bdc57f31.gif)

Post by: franniek54 on March 30, 2008, 01:12:29 PM
And here's a few more for Solitaire.  He's purdy   :goo   Amazing how even then he had a talent for production.  I didn't know that the backlighting was his idea.  Wonder if he had any idea how dramatic it would look with the light shining thru his hair.

(http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q103/franniek54/blends/th_solitaire.jpg) (http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q103/franniek54/blends/solitaire.jpg) clickable

(http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q103/franniek54/blends/th_MagicAL.gif) (http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q103/franniek54/blends/MagicAL.gif) clickable

(http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q103/franniek54/AI/Solitaire_filtered.jpg)

(http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q103/franniek54/AI/057ca.jpg)

(http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q103/franniek54/AI/053ca.jpg)

(http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q103/franniek54/AI/050ca1.jpg)

(http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q103/franniek54/AI/thankyou.gif)

Post by: ILClaymate on March 31, 2008, 12:33:17 AM
Quote from: Prissy on March 29, 2008, 11:34:39 PM
In his side comments, Clay said he told the producer he wanted a dark stage with just one light behind him to give a "solitary" feel to the song.

He also made a funny comment about the light that was shining between his crotch too :lol and how he didn't want to get into that!  :rofl

Great photos Prissy and Fran!  :clap

Post by: franniek54 on March 31, 2008, 01:13:42 AM
He also made a funny comment about the light that was shining between his crotch too  and how he didn't want to get into that! 

You tell me that now, when I have to wait a whole week to see it and that's IF I remember to watch and IF it doesn't get pre-empted by the Cubs!  :hissy  and IF it's on at the time it's supposed to be on.  :hissy  I haven't had good luck with AIR at all.  :cry   

Well I'm glad at least he has slimmer pants on this week.

Post by: franniek54 on March 31, 2008, 01:33:26 AM

WOW!  I just found these.

(http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q103/franniek54/blends/th_3Solitairex3.jpg) (http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q103/franniek54/blends/3Solitairex3.jpg)

(http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q103/franniek54/blends/th_1Solitaireforeverwp2.jpg) (http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q103/franniek54/blends/1Solitaireforeverwp2.jpg)

(http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q103/franniek54/blends/th_2BMUB.jpg) (http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q103/franniek54/blends/2BMUB.jpg)

Prissy

• Claymaniac
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2010, 11:43:11 PM »
Post by: fhmmany2 on March 31, 2008, 02:27:24 AM
Rewind was on here tonight at midnight instead of its usual 7 p.m. because of a movie!  :bduh Thank goodness the DVR records it no matter when it comes on!  The videos of the songs and the judges' comments are in this morning's ANN.

Prissy - See -  I got here - just very, very late!  :lol

Post by: Prissy on March 31, 2008, 08:27:04 AM
 :wave Fran, Clandy, and Frankie!

Thanks for joining in with pictures and comments so I don't feel so alone here!!  :wink

(Clickable)
(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v447/Prissy2/Washington%20Trip/th_PICT0104-1-1.jpg) (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v447/Prissy2/Washington%20Trip/PICT0104-1-1.jpg)

Post by: franniek54 on March 31, 2008, 11:02:25 AM
I just ran across this montage and I thought you all might enjoy it here.

An American Idol Journey (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGjZmkpIXE8&NR=1)

And this blend is by ABeautifulMind

(http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q103/franniek54/blends/th_untitlede.jpg) (http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q103/franniek54/blends/untitlede.jpg)

Post by: Prissy on March 31, 2008, 11:49:37 AM
:wow  Fran,

That was a great montage of Clay's Idol Journey.

Here is a Youtube I found on an old rewind thread of Clay and Hollywood week.  In the column on the right are other videos to click on of Clay.

Post by: tamaraluvs on March 31, 2008, 01:01:36 PM
Quote from: Prissy on March 31, 2008, 11:49:37 AM

Here is a Youtube I found on an old rewind thread of Clay and Hollywood week.  In the column on the right are other videos to click on of Clay.

That clip and the AI find were awesome!! :wow

Post by: tamaraluvs on March 31, 2008, 01:02:26 PM
Quote from: tamaraluvs on March 31, 2008, 01:01:36 PM
Quote from: Prissy on March 31, 2008, 11:49:37 AM

The montage and the AI find were awesome!! :wow

Post by: Prissy on March 31, 2008, 06:16:36 PM
When I have more time, I am going back to that youtube connection with all the AI performances and Judges' comments.  I will put the links back n the posts that are related to that particular AI week, like Motown, Billy Joel week, etc. etc.  :bigsmile

EDIT:  I have gone through the youtube videos and added links to Clay's performances and judges' comments, when available, on my main post about each AI Rewind weekly show!  (Check out my posts on this page and previous pages for the links.)

Post by: Prissy on April 05, 2008, 10:29:16 PM
This weekend is BEEGEES Week on AI Rewind Season 2. Robin Gibb of the Bee Gees was the guest judge.   Clay's first Bee Gees song was TO LOVE SOMEBODY.  The judges thought it was wonderful.  Randy said he was brilliant. Robin said iClay had a fantastic voice and that was the way the song was to be sung.  Paula said his performances had caught up with his beautiful voice.  Simon said of all the Pop Idol performances, this was probably one of the best.  And we got to see Clay go over and sit on a stool by Ryan  and hear that exchange.

TO LOVE SOMEBODY

(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v447/Prissy2/Clay%20Photos%20II/cfm2.jpg)   

(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v447/Prissy2/Clay%20Photos%20II/normal_YOU.jpg)

(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v447/Prissy2/Clay%20Photos%20II/erdwer.jpg)   

(Clickable)
(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v447/Prissy2/Clay%20Photos%20II/th_TLSstandard.jpg) (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v447/Prissy2/Clay%20Photos%20II/TLSstandard.jpg)

TO LOVE SOMEBODY - SONG

http://youtube.com/watch?v=kU5zD_eRfP4

Everyone sang a second song, and Josh chose to also sing TO LOVE SOMBODY, the same song Clay sang.  The judges had good comments for Josh, too.

One of my favorite Clay AI 2 appearances was when he sang GREASE with that infamous red leather jacket and the hip shakes. Everyone liked it but Simon!!  Simon said it was horrible. Clay did the hip shake one more time with Ryan.

Here is my poem and some photos about that GREAT GREASE MOMENT.

(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v447/Prissy2/1053696853_AOtherclay10.jpg)

THOSE AIKEN SHAKIN' HIPS

Familiar strains of "Grease" we hear
And then 'our idol' does appear.
He's grinning, moving to the beat!
(Did someone just turn up the heat?)

His jacket is a shade of red
That makes mean Simon lose his head!
And also red are his big shoes!
(Did someone just light up my fuse?)

His long lean legs in snug blue jeans
That fit just right do cause loud screams!
For Clay this audience has flipped!
(Did he just shake those Aiken hips?)

He sounds so clear and sings so well,
His voice does cause each heart to swell!
The BeeGees could not be more proud!
(Did those hips jerk and wow that crowd?)

Is this our Clay, our sweet man/boy?
With sexy looks that say, "Don't toy!
I'm not the innocent you think!"
(Did his hips move, or did I blink?)

"Clay, you can't dance!" the judges say.
They make no sense, try as they may!
"Just horrible!" says mean Simon
(When those hips shift, isn't it fun?)

Oh, Simon, Randy, Paula, too,
You guys don't even have a clue
That this performance is first rate!
(And by the way, aren't those hips great?)

We love each facet of you, Clay,
That spikey hair, that handsome face,
Those gorgeous eyes, those luscious lips!
(And, yes, those Aiken Shakin' Hips!!!)

(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v447/Prissy2/bg2_31.jpg)

(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v447/Prissy2/bg2_13.jpg)

(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v447/Prissy2/bg2_11.jpg)

(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v447/Prissy2/Grease.jpg)

(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v447/Prissy2/clayaikengrease4.gif)     (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v447/Prissy2/clayaikengrease4.gif)     (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v447/Prissy2/clayaikengrease4.gif)     (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v447/Prissy2/clayaikengrease4.gif)     (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v447/Prissy2/clayaikengrease4.gif)     (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v447/Prissy2/clayaikengrease4.gif)     (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v447/Prissy2/clayaikengrease4.gif)

(Clickable)
(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v447/Prissy2/Clay%20Photos%20II/th_Greasestandard.jpg) (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v447/Prissy2/Clay%20Photos%20II/Greasestandard.jpg)

GREASE - SONG

http://youtube.com/watch?v=26QNge3k8VM

Kimberly and Josh were in the bottom two.  Josh was eliminated.

Only Clay, Ruben and Kimberly remain.

Post by: fhmmany2 on April 06, 2008, 07:18:43 PM
Rewind is on, Clay is singing "To Love Somebody"  :thud and I remembered to come here! God, he is/was so beautiful! Just watching him makes me smile.  :bigsmile Being a Clay fan is one of the best things in my life!  :purpbana (And, in case I am not here later, Grease is one of my favorite Idol 2 performances!)

Post by: Anniebell on April 06, 2008, 11:12:52 PM
Hi Prissy :wave :wave
I fell asleep and here it is, 11 pm our time and I just woke up.
I missed the whole show and it is  my favorite week of all. Hope
they will rerun it at midnight , so I get to see it. Is next week the
finale ?  I will for sure stay awake for it nex't week. Sorry, if  I wouldn't
have fallen asleep, I would have been here  much sooner . See you
nex't week. :yes                    :bigsmile Carol

Prissy

• Claymaniac
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2010, 11:44:24 PM »
Post by: franniek54 on April 06, 2008, 11:30:42 PM
Here's a video of the commercial for this week.

Ride Wit Me (http://s16.photobucket.com/albums/b19/playbiller/clay/?action=view&current=41RIDEWITHMEFINAL4.flv)

And here's some caps

(http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q103/franniek54/AI/post-16-10560527981.jpg)

(http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q103/franniek54/AI/AlfalfaPic-1.jpg)

(http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q103/franniek54/AI/AI2_RedPimp.jpg)

Post by: Prissy on April 06, 2008, 11:38:03 PM
 :wave Frankie, Carol, and Fran!!

Frankie,
Always glad to see you pop in.  GREASE Clay was one of my favorites.

Carol,
Look at my BEEGEES post and click on to the links for the songs.  You should be able to watch the videos of TO LOVE SOMEBODY and GREASE.

Fran,
I remember that commercial!!  :lol

Post by: fhmmany2 on April 06, 2008, 11:51:47 PM
Prissy - you were wanting this week's songs with Judges' comments - I just put them in the ANN, and I'm bringing them over here, too:

TO LOVE SOMEBODY - WITH JUDGES' COMMENTS (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rw3Im9mefqo)

GREASE - WITH JUDGES' COMMENTS (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTC05jQYPP4)

Clay after the Judges' Comments:

GREASE DEBRIEFING (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvVSc0Hs9ug)

Post by: franniek54 on April 07, 2008, 12:11:28 AM

Paula was right, his performance matured alot in the last 2 weeks.  HE matured alot over the course of AI.

I loved the red jacket, he looked adorable.  And I didn't remember the falsetto, that was great!  I would vote for Clay and his hips any day.

And whoa baby, can he shake those hips now!

Post by: geraldine on April 07, 2008, 07:00:08 AM
That was one of the best moments of Clay from AI2. He WAS so adorable.  He :giggle during the judges comments.  And what a treat to see him do the hip shake once again when he was talking to Ryan.  You still can just LOVE HIM!

That sparkle in his eyes was there and as it still is today.

Looking forward to next week's show.

Post by: franniek54 on April 08, 2008, 12:09:25 AM

Here's some more pics for To Love Somebody

(http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q103/franniek54/AI/ToLoveSomebody4.jpg)

(http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q103/franniek54/AI/th_ToLoveSomebodyWall.jpg) (http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q103/franniek54/AI/ToLoveSomebodyWall.jpg)   click

(http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q103/franniek54/AI/th_tolovesomebody.jpg) (http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q103/franniek54/AI/tolovesomebody.jpg)   click

Post by: franniek54 on April 08, 2008, 12:38:38 AM

And here's some more for Grease

(http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q103/franniek54/AI/1hipshake.gif)

(http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q103/franniek54/AI/sexygreaseboy.jpg)

(http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q103/franniek54/AI/clay-in-red.jpg)

(http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q103/franniek54/AI/Grease20Lip20Bite202.jpg)

(http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q103/franniek54/AI/greaseee.jpg)

(http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q103/franniek54/AI/DTTR1-1.jpg)

(http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q103/franniek54/AI/grease1.jpg)

(http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q103/franniek54/AI/normal_grease-1.jpg)

Post by: franniek54 on April 08, 2008, 12:55:46 AM
And finally Prissy, may I just tell you how much I LOVE your poem!!!
I could feel the depth of your passion.  :thud   It was so moving!  :cry

Post by: Prissy on April 08, 2008, 03:32:32 PM
Thanks, Fran!

You just "gotta" love GREASE Clay!!    It did inspire a poem!  :wink

As I'm watching these shows, I am reminded how Clay was willing to take risks in his performances.  Beginning with "Sugar Pie, Honey Bunch," which seemed to have all his moves pre planned.  He was already a performer in every sense of the word.  And then finding out that the lighting for "Solitaire" was his idea.  He did not comment about the GREASE outfit.  I wish he had. 

Charlene,
Clay just continues to entertain as the weeks of AI REWIND go by.  He gets better and better.

Frankie,
When I click on to your two links that include the songs and judges' comments, I get the video but no sound.  I may try on Skip's computer and see what happens.

Carol,
Maybe you can access the links Frankie posted.

Now, I wonder what will happen to AI REWIND after the Finals with Clay and Ruben.  Remember how they jumped all over the place with AI REWIND Season One.   That's fine with me if they want to do the Season 2 over again! :thumb

Post by: Prissy on April 12, 2008, 07:28:28 PM
Good Evening!

Ordinarily AI REWIND comes on at 7 (repeat of last week's show), then 8 (new REWIND).  But this evening there is a country music special contest with Leann Rimes.  The Television Guide did show that the "3 to 2" AI will come on at 8;  so I'll be ready!  :wink So this will be the night Kimberly is eliminated and the two left: Clay and Ruben.

EDIT:  No "3 to 2" show this evening; just the repeat of BeeGees week.  The Final 3 show was advertised for next week.  There is an AI REWIND on Sunday's, so I will check that out tomorrow.

Prissy

• Claymaniac
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2010, 11:45:36 PM »
Post by: fhmmany2 on April 14, 2008, 02:19:44 AM
Prissy - the videos I posted last week worked in the ANN - hope you got to hear them! I've also posted tonight's 3 videos - Vincent, Mack The Knife, and Unchained Melody in today's ANN. I was dreading Vincent - even thought I think Clay did a wonderful job of coverning his mistake! I am going to miss Rewind when it ends.

Post by: Prissy on April 14, 2008, 09:12:50 AM
AI REWIND "3 to 2" did air yesterday morning at 11 am.  I set the TiVo and got it recorded and watched it late last night.  Clay's first song, "Vincent," was not liked that much by the judges.  And Paula said Clay forgot the words.  In the side comments, Clay said he didn't forget the words.  He was told the song was too short and had to add a verse.  Clay didn't know where the verse came in.  I would never have known he forgot a verse because he covered so well.  I think Simon said it was a dreary song, so why did they put it in the selection bowl??????

VINCENT

http://youtube.com/watch?v=exGkzqgsKs4

CLAY TALKS ABOUT VINCENT

http://youtube.com/watch?v=XICDqLX3l50&feature=related

The next songs were chosen by the judges.  Paula chose "Mack the Knife" for Clay because she thought it would let him be really cool.  Clay's rendition of MTK was fantastic and all the judges liked it.  Paula said now Clay was so cool she was scared of him.   Randy and Paula gave Clay the "standing O."  Simon said it was brilliant!

MACK THE KNIFE

http://youtube.com/watch?v=_p2Kjk1iJWw&feature=related

MACK THE KNIFE - JUDGES' COMMENTS

http://youtube.com/watch?v=071sfDvlD7s&feature=related

The third song was Clay's choice and he chose "Unchained Melody," a favorite song of his mom.  And this song was terrific, too.  Randy didn't like the arrangement, but all the judges seemed happy with it.  And Clay nailed that high note! :thumb

UNCHAINED MELODY

http://youtube.com/watch?v=IUlseEyKHx0

(Clickable)
(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v447/Prissy2/Clay%20Photos%20II/th_Top3standard-full.jpg) (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v447/Prissy2/Clay%20Photos%20II/Top3standard-full.jpg)

Kimberly was voted off, but in her side comments she said she knew Clay and Ruben would be the Final 2 and she was perfectly happy to have made it to the Final 3.

Post by: geraldine on April 15, 2008, 10:49:37 AM
Prissy, Thank you for the way you always shared information each week on AI2 rewind.
It's hard to believe it's already down to the Final 2.  Went by so fast.  I wonder if they will show a repeat of as they did AI1.

Looking forward to next week and watch Clay bring the house down with BRIDGE OVER TROUBLED WATER :purpbana

:hugg to you for all the time you took keeping us updated!

Post by: Prissy on April 15, 2008, 02:52:50 PM
Thank you, Charlene!

I consider this thread a sort of History of Clay on AI Season 2.  Special thanks to Fran for all the pictures and links;  Clandy and Frankie, too.  And to all who have "found" us here and posted.

I am curious what will happen after the Final Two! :scratch  I wish they would show the Results Shows, but I would be perfectly happy to see Season Two again! :thumb

Frankie,
I am able to go to YouTube on another link and hear as well as see the videos, so that has worked for me.  The links I am posting are the ones that have sound for me. I hope they work for others, too.

Post by: Mary on April 15, 2008, 03:53:40 PM
One show left and I found this thread!  :roflmao

I have been watching every week on Sat. and then again on Sunday. TVIOed a few.  I'm happy that the links are posted here.

Post by: franniek54 on April 16, 2008, 10:20:15 PM

Well, here I am with the pics  :whootwave  There aren't many that I can find for Vincent so I'm posting this one and then I made some caps.

(http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q103/franniek54/AI/top3a_04.jpg)

(http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q103/franniek54/AI/Vincent6-1.jpg)

(http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q103/franniek54/AI/Vincent7-1.jpg)

Post by: franniek54 on April 16, 2008, 11:28:40 PM
Mack the Knife is my absolute favorite Clay performance of all time, so if you don't mind indulging me for a moment....I just can't get enough!

(http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q103/franniek54/AI/27E0-1.jpg)

(http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q103/franniek54/AI/3-1.jpg)

(http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q103/franniek54/AI/normal_ai25-1.jpg)

(http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q103/franniek54/AI/normal_ameridol-1.jpg)

(http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q103/franniek54/AI/th_AmI220030513-04.jpg) (http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q103/franniek54/AI/AmI220030513-04.jpg)    clickable

(http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q103/franniek54/AI/th_macktheknife-1.jpg) (http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q103/franniek54/AI/macktheknife-1.jpg)    clickable

(http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q103/franniek54/AI/th_4macktheknife.jpg) (http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q103/franniek54/AI/4macktheknife.jpg)    clickable

Post by: franniek54 on April 17, 2008, 12:22:33 AM

Unchained Melody

(http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q103/franniek54/AI/top3c_11.jpg)

(http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q103/franniek54/AI/week10.jpg)

(http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q103/franniek54/AI/fingers.gif)

(http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q103/franniek54/AI/th_AmI220030513-03x.jpg) (http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q103/franniek54/AI/AmI220030513-03x.jpg)   clickable

(http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q103/franniek54/AI/th_unchainedmelody-1.jpg) (http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q103/franniek54/AI/unchainedmelody-1.jpg)    clickable

(http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q103/franniek54/AI/th_5Unchained.jpg) (http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q103/franniek54/AI/5Unchained.jpg)    clickable

Post by: franniek54 on April 17, 2008, 01:05:40 AM

This is from the results show.

(http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q103/franniek54/AI/caiken6.jpg)

And all of these Getty Images were taken during this week.  I think they're spectacular.

(http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q103/franniek54/AI/th_AmIdol220030507-02.jpg) (http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q103/franniek54/AI/AmIdol220030507-02.jpg)

(http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q103/franniek54/AI/th_AmIdol220030507-01.jpg) (http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q103/franniek54/AI/AmIdol220030507-01.jpg)

(http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q103/franniek54/AI/th_AmId220030507-05.jpg) (http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q103/franniek54/AI/AmId220030507-05.jpg)

(http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q103/franniek54/AI/th_AmId220030507-04.jpg) (http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q103/franniek54/AI/AmId220030507-04.jpg)

(http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q103/franniek54/AI/th_AmId220030507-03.jpg) (http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q103/franniek54/AI/AmId220030507-03.jpg)

(http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q103/franniek54/AI/th_AmId220030506-06.jpg) (http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q103/franniek54/AI/AmId220030506-06.jpg)

(http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q103/franniek54/AI/th_AmIdol220030513-02.jpg) (http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q103/franniek54/AI/AmIdol220030513-02.jpg)

(http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q103/franniek54/AI/th_AmId220030506-05.jpg) (http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q103/franniek54/AI/AmId220030506-05.jpg)

(http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q103/franniek54/AI/th_AI220030506-03.jpg) (http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q103/franniek54/AI/AI220030506-03.jpg)

(http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q103/franniek54/AI/th_AI220030506-02.jpg) (http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q103/franniek54/AI/AI220030506-02.jpg)

(http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q103/franniek54/AI/th_AI220030506-01.jpg) (http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q103/franniek54/AI/AI220030506-01.jpg)

(http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q103/franniek54/AI/th_AmI220030513-05.jpg) (http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q103/franniek54/AI/AmI220030513-05.jpg)

(http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q103/franniek54/AI/th_AmIdol220030514-04.jpg) (http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q103/franniek54/AI/AmIdol220030514-04.jpg)

(http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q103/franniek54/AI/th_73376187.jpg) (http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q103/franniek54/AI/73376187.jpg)

(http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q103/franniek54/AI/th_73376183.jpg) (http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q103/franniek54/AI/73376183.jpg)

Post by: Prissy on April 17, 2008, 07:52:26 AM
Fran,

You get the "standing O"  for all those great pictures!!!!   :clap :clap :clap
 :wow :wow :wow

MACK THE KNIFE was one of my very favorite Clay performances!

Mary,
I'm glad you found us here!!

Prissy

• Claymaniac
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2010, 11:46:48 PM »
Post by: ILClaymate on April 17, 2008, 01:19:22 PM
Great pics, Fran!!  You found more than I thought!

SPOILER ALERT! - scroll at will
Here is a sneak preview of the upcoming final 2 episode and the Finale of AIRewind from GAD via CH.

The Final 2 show is literally what was broadcast on TV 5 years ago -- More fluff to me than anything. Inane Q&A's, plus Erin the Claymate answering trivia questions about Clay. We get Ruben singing "Breaking Up is Hard to Do" and Clay singing DLTSGDOM. Also 2 group songs (WTWNN and GBTUSA). Clay talks about why he chose to go second, the main reason being that he would be the last person the audience saw perform and he thought that would make him memorable for people to vote, but apparently he guessed WRONG. HAHA tmCHA

The Finale is going to be tough to watch, I think. There is a round robin of other commentators from the AI Rewind series saying who they voted for. Hearing Kim Locke say she put her money on Ruben to win and she wants her money with a wink came off as mean. Pretty much all the finalists from the show chose Ruben as their guy to win, except Trenyce who cited Clay's ridiculously huge fanbase (as Corey Clark says "the Claymates" with a laugh, also saying we're "dangerous"). Josh is not here to comment, nor is Carmen. Julia says she doesn't know why Ruben had the edge to win, except that he had that whole teddy bear thing and was so likable.

Clay says he didn't cheat, but he saw the card with Ruben's name as the winner. So knowing he didn't win made the final moments less stressful for him. He chose to look at Ruben in that strange way on stage because Ruben didn't know he had won and Clay wanted to be the first to see his face when Ruben heard his name. Ruben says that winning the show didn't matter so much to him, except in that moment when Ryan was about to announce the winner. In that moment, it was the most important thing in his life. If it wasn't his name called, it would have just been "wrong".

There is a short soundbyte in the beginning of the show where Clay says something like he allowed himself to think that maybe that night, after than one night (after singing BOTW), that maybe he could win this thing, that he believed ... and he laughs.

It still stings.

I don't think there is a "Where are they now" piece to the Finale episode, and it is the last show of AI Rewind Season 2. The show description has changed. I'll know for sure next week.

Post by: Prissy on April 19, 2008, 10:21:45 PM
Thanks, Clandy!

I am quoting the first paragraph you quoted because that covers what was shown this weekend on AI Rewind.  The Pre-Final 2 Show:

"The Final 2 show is literally what was broadcast on TV 5 years ago -- More fluff to me than anything. Inane Q&A's, plus Erin the Claymate answering trivia questions about Clay. We get Ruben singing "Breaking Up is Hard to Do" and Clay singing DLTSGDOM (Don't Let the Sun Come Down on Me.) Also 2 group songs (WTWNN (What the World Needs Now) and GBTUSA (God Bless the USA)). Clay talks about why he chose to go second, the main reason being that he would be the last person the audience saw perform and he thought that would make him memorable for people to vote, but apparently he guessed WRONG. HAHA tmCHA "

This show seemed like a "filler" show before the actual Finals.  It did show how Clay always had "showmanship" and "confidence."  I thought he was always a better speaker and communicator than Ruben.

Post by: WilsonClaymate on April 19, 2008, 10:26:46 PM
Quote from: Prissy on April 19, 2008, 10:21:45 PM

This show seemed like a "filler" show before the actual Finals.  It did show how Clay always had "showmanship" and "confidence."  I thought he was always a better speaker and communicator than Ruben.

I thought the same thing.  Even though he was younger, and by his own admission, never been out of NC much, he was already an accomplished speaker and and a great showman.

Post by: clayniac4ver on April 21, 2008, 07:38:31 AM
clay is the true winner NOT RUBEN

Post by: Prissy on April 21, 2008, 05:33:11 PM
Barbara,

Ruben had a pleasant enough voice but Clay had so much more personality, was the better singer,  and was cute to boot!!  How could anyone pick Ruben over Clay??? :scratch

Quote from: clayniac4ver on April 21, 2008, 07:38:31 AM
clay is the true winner NOT RUBEN

Well said! :yes

Post by: ILClaymate on April 22, 2008, 09:03:23 PM
SPOILER for next weeks episode...scroll at will

They cut the Beatles songs, so no Imagine or Here There and Everywhere.

Clay says that after being insulted on a regular basis week after week hearing one more insult from Simon the night of the Finale was nothing. There were no nerves, just a sense of relief that it was just about over and the show would be finished.

Clay says that he felt that Ruben would win absolutely throughout the run of the show, that he was the alpha dog and had this aura of being The One. Although after singing BOTW, that night Clay felt he would win for about 10 minutes, but then snapped back to reality. Just 10 minutes he jokes.

Clay says he absolutely loved being on AI, week after week it was a great summer camp experience. If he had the chance to do it all over again, he would do it in a heartbeat. Even the bad stuff that happened, you learn from it. Says that while he was on the show, he was the underdog and after losing he got to keep being the underdog, so that was good for him. He got to have some of his dreams come true too.

There isn't anything about what Clay and Ruben have done post AI2, like their album sales and Spamalot and other stuff, so there is no "Where Are They Now?" element to the series. And this is definitely the last first run episode of the series.

Post by: Pepe on April 23, 2008, 06:01:12 PM
PRISSY, I do believe they will just start showing AI Rewind 2 over again like they did AI Rewind 1.  Isn't it so obvious that Clay was so far above all the others from the beginning?  Have you ever heard such a voice since then??????  Plus he always knew what to do with his hands , he always looked so comfortable on stage. 

Post by: Prissy on April 24, 2008, 05:36:35 PM
Pepe,
I will always feel  in my heart that Clay won AI.  There were some problems with the phone lines;  probably because so many calls were going in for Clay.  I remember Ruben's mom saying she was able to get in 200 calls and I don't think Clay's mom got in at all.  I know I couldn't vote by phone.

Just watching AI REWIND Season 2, reminds us all what a confident, talented entertainer Clay was from the beginning.

Clandy,
I wish they would take the time to put everything in the Final Two show.  Surely there's not a rush to wind up this season.  It seems like AI REWIND Season 1 was a constant back and forward jumping around with no chronological order. :scratch

Post by: franniek54 on April 24, 2008, 06:09:49 PM

I think there were just plain not enough phone lines for Clay.  I called for the entire time the lines were open and only got thru once.  If Ruben's mom got thru 200 times what does that tell ya?

I don't care any more about 2003 but I do still wonder about the current voting system.  I don't vote anymore but if I did I would probably text in my vote.

Post by: Prissy on April 24, 2008, 06:33:20 PM
Fran,

I really like the voting system on Dancing With the Stars.  The three judges' votes count for half the score and they can each give up to 10 points to a contestant.

Then the audience can vote by phone or online.  I vote online and can vote as many times as there are stars left;  last time 7 stars;  7 votes.  It just seems more fair than AI. :yes

ClayManiacs.com  |  Communities  |  American Idol  |  AMERICAN IDOL REWIND SEASON 2

gfxgfx
gfx