gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

gfx gfx
gfx
229512 Posts in 2574 Topics by 108 Members - Latest Member: CTLovesClay March 28, 2024, 07:18:33 AM
gfx* Home Help Login Register gfx
gfx
ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  Indepedent Tour 2004  |  THE DANCE
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: THE DANCE  (Read 18976 times)

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
Re: THE DANCE
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2010, 03:53:05 AM »
ANGELA

The Dance...
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2004, 02:56:01 PM »   

THANKS,aikenseekerfor that picture.  and everything you wrote I agree with 100%.   CLAY likes to enjoy life and have fun too! 

ANGELA
« Last Edit: March 25, 2010, 12:46:55 AM by Marilyn »
ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2010, 03:54:35 AM »
claydom
The Dance...
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2004, 03:05:12 PM »   

I would imagine that if you were sitting farther back from the stage than two rows it might look like they were bumping & grinding. Even all the blurry, grainy videos we are told to download, because they are -HOT HOT HOT - might make it look like more than it is

Kudos to gramma! for being bold enough to say something about the 'dance' that needed to be said for some time. I have been browsing this board for awhile and have posted a few times under GUEST. I've read all the accounts of the dance and seen all the video downloads. I've smiled at the hot, hot hot, or I can't breathe, or hyperventilate posts.

I think it's a case of being grossly over exaggerated by imaginative minds

RIGHT ON gramma!

I've been lucky enough to go to 3 concerts, Chicago, Omaha, & St Lake City. I have some connections so have also been blessed with very good 1-2 row seats at each of those concerts. Clay's 'bump & grind' (as I've seen it referred to a few times) just ISN'Tthe hot sexy dance everyone's making it out to be. He's playful, having fun, but certainly not bumping, grinding or thrusting! Perhaps if you are sitting at an angle or farther back than rows 1 or 2, it might look like more than it is, but as gramma said  "there's light between the bodies". No contact . . .  I believe that Angela might have taken it too far at one concert and Clay realised it. Since the Chicago concert he seems to be backing off. I suspect he's doing some rethinking of that dance.  The latest newspaper reviews I've read do consider it very G-rated. He wants to please his fans, but also has his own integrity to maintain. Just because he's a 25 old man with normal desires, doesn't mean he wants to or has to act on them. He's always been very clear about his image. Why can't we as fans respect that?! Sure Clay is sexy. To me, that sexiness radiates from the man inside - wholesome, clean-cut and moral. I don't need him to bump & grind his way across a stage to validate his sexiness.

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2010, 03:55:05 AM »
ACcountryFan

the picture
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2004, 06:02:23 PM »   
« Last Edit: March 25, 2010, 12:47:12 AM by Marilyn »

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2010, 03:55:46 AM »
Pamela

The Dance...
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2004, 08:07:41 PM »   

A big hit with visitors of all ages is Dick's Last Resort. Located at Barefoot Landing, it features surly waiters who bark at you, tell you what to order, throw your cutlery at you and even tell you how much to tip. But it's all in good fun ...you're free to join in the sparring with a few barbs of your own but be prepared for Dick's punishment: You'll have to wear a condom-shaped paper hat for the duration of your dinner

As far as the dancing, I choose to trust Clay.  I have no doubt that if he had a problem with it, he wouldn't do it.  If he will take the word 'damned' out of a song, he would not dance with Angela if he was uncomfortable with it.  But he does do it, he does it well and he enjoys it.  And that's what makes it sexy to me.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2010, 12:47:36 AM by Marilyn »

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2010, 03:56:15 AM »
CT loves Clay

The Dance...
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2004, 10:56:10 PM »   

I agree with you 100%.  Why should Clay's dance be scrutinized at all.  He is an entertainer and he knows when he sings When Doves Cry and goes into his dance with Angela that the crowd is going to scream and cheer the loudest.  Clay knows exactly what he is doing.  Yes, he is a normal 25 yr. old with sexual desires.  His morals haven't changed and he hasn't displayed anything out of the ordinary to disprove that.  He is having fun.
I believe he has lived more of a sheltered life than most guys his age.  He is finding out a lot about people and himself as he performs on these tours.  I am sure having Kelly for a roommate has opened his eyes to a lot of things he never experienced before.  Remember, though, he did have a female roommie at College and also shares a house with Kimberly Locke, so he is quite comfortable around females.  If Clay ever thought he offened anyone in his audience, he would be totally upset.  At the same time, I think he is tired of a lot of people thinking he isn't masculine enough.

Linda
« Last Edit: March 25, 2010, 12:47:51 AM by Marilyn »

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2010, 03:56:34 AM »
ClayBuf
The Dance...
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2004, 01:02:04 AM »   

He's come a long way as a performer on the live stage. It's good to see him spreading his wings and trying different things. I would have been disappointed if all I saw from him was just standing there belting out his songs without injecting his personality into his show. But, he is - and it is obvious he is comfortable doing just that.

I choose to give him credit for knowing his own mind and being his own person.

~Buffi

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2010, 03:56:58 AM »
claydom
The Dance...
« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2004, 09:23:14 AM »   
He's come a long way as a performer on the live stage. It's good to see him spreading his wings and trying different things. I would have been disappointed if all I saw from him was just standing there belting out his songs without injecting his personality into his show. But, he is - and it is obvious he is comfortable doing just that.

No disagreement here! I believe gramma's issue was not the dance, but the fact that everyone's making a bigger deal of it than it is! What is a simple 'having fun' and 'spreading wings' as a performer song has developed into something full of lust & lechery thru overly active imaginations by his fans! I quote Pamela's "let Clay be Clay'. He enjoys performing. He's stretched abit with WDC and shown us a new side of Clay. Of course, he's intelligent and will take it only as far as he feels comfortable that isn't in question. I saw the dance 3 times up close and he does just that - takes it just so far and no further. Don't over emphasize or exaggerate something that isn't there, that doesn't show respect.

Thank you Pamela for your explanation of the 'condom' picture. That answers alot of questions doesn't it. 8) I figured there was a logical reason for Clay to have a 'condom' on his head. Now I know it's nothing  more than a big paper bag and was the 'schtick' at a local restaurant.

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2010, 03:57:31 AM »
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

The Dance...
« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2004, 09:57:17 AM »   

This just made me spew hot tea all over my keyboard!  Thanks claydom!
 :D

As far as the making a big deal about the dance?  The big deal is this - think about a year ago when Clay was making those cute little dance moves while singing Grease in a red jacket.

Now, think about WDC.   8)   What a difference a year makes!

In a good way.

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2010, 03:58:25 AM »
shaikeninseattle
Enthusiastic

On My Way Here, I THUDDED!

The Dance...
« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2004, 10:37:39 AM »   

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2010, 03:58:41 AM »
ClayBuf
The Dance...
« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2004, 02:42:20 PM »   

Amen :D and Halleluia!! :D

~Buffi

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2010, 03:59:04 AM »
Jaren
The Dance
« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2004, 12:38:44 AM »   
Everyone is definitely right about what a difference a year makes. However Clay is still the same wonderful, warm hearted young man we all fell in love with on AI2. He has grown as an entertainer and probably as a person as well in the past year.

He never fails to entertain us! It doesn't matter if he's  being interviewed, on TV , singing, or appearing in print. We all can't get enough of this young man called Clay Aiken.

Every time we see him , we all can't wait until the next time. Hopefully for "us" this will continue for years to come. Hopefully he won't decide, he doesn't want anyone to know how much milk he buys, who he goes with or what kind of car he drives.

The fans loved Elvis, but made it impossible for him to live a normal life. He wound up being a prisoner of his own success. We love Clay too much for that. I read a quote tonight from last weeks People Magazine. He said something to the effect of, They just want to make sure I'm healthy, and tuck me in. That is exactly how I feel.... I want the same sense of well being  for him that I want for my son,grandson and great-grandson.

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2010, 03:59:31 AM »
Her
Enthusiastic

CLAY'S #1 FRECKLE LOVER

dance
« Reply #26 on: March 31, 2004, 05:57:49 PM »   

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #27 on: March 22, 2010, 03:59:54 AM »
4EverClayton
The Dance...
« Reply #27 on: April 01, 2004, 02:15:58 PM »   
I began to loose respect for OMC.  I never thought he would publicly
display sincere affection - especially in front of thousands of fans.
Somehow, a romantic relationship with Angela does not seem appropriate to me.  I guess I'm old fashion.  I would love to see him with Kelly, though.
I hope what this person saw was another exaggeration experienced in the excitement of the moment.  After reading this thread I feel that maybe I should re-think my loss of respect for OMC and put all this out of my head.
Reading what everyone here has said about the dance and the individual
interpretations of it and it's meaning, has put things into prospective for me. I don't have the time to post too often because I am at work ---
it is easier for me to lurk without getting caught.  This is something that has really bothered me.

Leslie

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #28 on: March 22, 2010, 04:00:07 AM »
ClayBuf
The Dance...
« Reply #28 on: April 02, 2004, 12:24:03 AM »   

~Buffi

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #29 on: March 22, 2010, 04:00:49 AM »
Ms. Hip Shake
SuperFan

The Dance...
« Reply #29 on: April 02, 2004, 12:16:15 PM »   

From my standpoint, each individual is going to see what they are going to see.  Some fans feel quite maternal towards Clay, and some fans feel more of an attraction towards Clay.  And, so it goes.  There is absolutely no "right or wrong" when it comes to this subject. 

I, for one, believe that the decision (dance limits)  should remain with the performer(s). Clay is apparently having fun with the WDC dance or he would not include it in his show.  He is doing nothing wrong at this point, so lets trust his judgement, per say.  Clay is in control, and he has the intellect to wear that "control hat".  Fear not, OMC will never be a Justin Timberlake. He is exceptionally talented and very smart.  Think about it!  Clay is in the drivers seat (career), and he knows exactly where he wants to drive....trust is the key.

Personally, I think that Clay is very  sexy and handsome. I have been quite taken with his looks & sensuality since American Idol2.  The amazing VOICE will be, and always has been, the major drawing point.  But, it is impossible to ignore the reality of "how good looking this guy is".  So, I don't try.  Sometimes, when I look at a picture of Clay....I simply step back and "drink in" his gorgeous self.   So, I will confess to the fact that, yes, I admire the pictures, montages, videos, and everthing else Clay related.  To the hilt, I must add.  And, why do I enjoy him?  Because I can and I want to.  I am a woman, he is a man.  And, so it goes!  He is not the first performer to create "certain feelings" in his fans, and he will certainly not be the last.  Admiring Clay puts a smile on my face, and a happy feeling in my heart.  Works for me!! 8)

In reference to the so called Hot Dance.  For some it is "hot", and for others it is "not".  So be it!  It is a matter of choice, and we are privy to a difference of opinion.  Clay appears to be creating a feast for the imagination with this dance, and it is up to the individual whether or not you care to indulge in the offerings.   Frankly, I like what I see.....or to put it in a better light.....what I "think" that I see.  The imagination is a wonderful tool, and I am grateful to see that mine is still in tip top working order after all of these years.  Thanx Clay, baby!

In summation, some fans may feel that Clay is compromising his "clean cut and wholesome image" by performing WDC in a sensual vein.  I, for one, do not see it that way.  If anything, I believe that Clay Aiken is the ambassador of anti-raunch.  He is portraying his sexuality in a natural and appealing manner.  He provides just enough, through his musical expression,  to ingnite the imagination....and the results are quite lovely, indeed.  And, all the while, Clay is remaining true to himself and keeping it pretty tame compared to the current music performance standards.  He is a good living and moral individual.  But, he does not claim to be asexual.  And, we should not expect him to be.  Afterall, he is Clay Aiken (the man), not Barney (the purple dinasaur).  As Christie said "Lets not try to turn Clay into some kind of chaste saint who is incapable of anything remotely sexual - he is a normal 25 year old man - it is not fair to impose impossible standards on him".  Righty Oh, CJ - could not agree with you more!

The voice is #1.  But, in essence, I enjoy "all of him", sensual self included.  Lets just say....I like him, I love him, and I want some more of him!!!!!  Simply stated: agree to disagree.

ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  Indepedent Tour 2004  |  THE DANCE

gfxgfx
gfx