gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

gfx gfx
gfx
229876 Posts in 2575 Topics by 108 Members - Latest Member: CTLovesClay April 19, 2024, 05:04:53 PM
gfx* Home Help Login Register gfx
gfx
ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  Aiken News Network (ANN)  |  2010 AIKEN NEWS NETWORK MAY 4th
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: 2010 AIKEN NEWS NETWORK MAY 4th  (Read 1868 times)

clayharmony

• ANN News Team
  • Enthusiastic
  • When You Wish Upon a Star...
2010 AIKEN NEWS NETWORK MAY 4th
« on: May 04, 2010, 02:46:10 AM »

Universal's Brentwood-Benson Music Publishing acquires Emack Music

MUMBAI: Universal Music Publishing Group chairman & CEO David Renzer and Brentwood-Benson Music Publishing president Dale Mathews announced that UMPG has acquired the publishing assets of Emack Music, the publishing arm of Christian label Gotee Records.

The Emack Music catalog includes Relient K, Luna Halo, Grits, Jennifer Knapp, Ayeisha, House of Heroes, B. Reith, and more. The companies will jointly publish future works from the label’s new signings.

Regarding the acquisition, Mathews said, “I have a high regard for the value of this catalog and its artists and songwriters. But getting to work together with Joey Elwood and Toby Mac to help find and develop future talent made this opportunity even more appealing to me.”

...With over 70,000 copyrights, Brentwood-Benson Music Publishing owns the world's largest Christian music publishing catalogue as well as the second largest evangelically-styled choral music catalog. Its songs have been recorded by virtually every major singer in the Christian music industry as well as by such renowned artists as Bob Dylan, Dolly Parton, Ray Charles, Linda Ronstadt, Amy Grant, Elvis Presley, Willie Nelson, Alicia Keys, Clay Aiken and Trace Adkins.

Clay's jois de vivre gladdens my heart;
his spiritual consciousness and musical gifts bring  harmony to my soul.

What is beautiful is a joy for all seasons...

Life is a Song ~ Love is the Music

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
Re: 2010 AIKEN NEWS NETWORK MAY 4th
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2010, 10:06:15 AM »
From mimi at Critical Mass:

Good Morning,

There is an interview on WRAL this morning with Clay's mother. Not a whole lot of new information but she does talk a lot about her GS

http://www.wral.com/

Scroll down to Entertaintment

Also there is an interview with Anoop's Mom. WRAL seems to be embracing Anoop..He has been at the station several times, and they mention him often.
ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2010, 02:12:25 PM »

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2010, 02:35:49 PM »
Teeny little snippets from Tried and True in this commercial for the concert at Ruth Eckerd Hall!!!!  Mp3 of the commercial is here:

Commercial

clayharmony

• ANN News Team
  • Enthusiastic
  • When You Wish Upon a Star...
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2010, 01:43:55 AM »
A good Clay mention...from an NC paper...wow!

Sinatra night starts spreadin' the snooze

Wednesday, May 05, 2010
Sinatra night starts spreadin' the snooze

Wow, how about that primary election, eh? Oh, wait, forgive me - my mind was just drifting away toward one of the many contests, horse races, etc. that contained more excitement and will to win than tonight's Frank Sinatra-themed installment of "American Idol." And that's despite Ol' Blue Eyes' impeccable songbook and supreme musical inspiration, and the super-personable, ultra-good-humored, warm and witty presence of a man who doesn't do too bad in the blue eyes department himself, Harry Connick Jr. But really, I ask: Does anyone really want to win this season? Because sometimes, that doesn't seem to clear at all - which is totally mind-boggling, given that the prize up for grabs goes a little bit beyond, oh, I don't know, a free Happy Meal.

Oftentimes, standards night - which is what this was, by any other name - brings out the surprising best in contestants, when they scrub up and tackle timeless tunes. One of Kelly Clarkson's defining performances, "Stuff Like That There," came during this theme, and I can still remember the joy of Clay Aiken's "Mack the Knife." But in true Season Nine fashion, this go-round was just kind of there, despite the judges' burst of enthusiasm toward the end of the evening. After several seasons with the likes of Blake Lewis, David Cook and, especially, Kris Allen and Adam Lambert, the consensus seemed to be that "Idol" had moved into an era where being able to rearrange a song would be more important, but this year's crop doesn't seem quite as adept, or able to adapt.

Clay's jois de vivre gladdens my heart;
his spiritual consciousness and musical gifts bring  harmony to my soul.

What is beautiful is a joy for all seasons...

Life is a Song ~ Love is the Music

ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  Aiken News Network (ANN)  |  2010 AIKEN NEWS NETWORK MAY 4th

gfxgfx
gfx