gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

gfx gfx
gfx
229512 Posts in 2574 Topics by 108 Members - Latest Member: CTLovesClay March 28, 2024, 06:44:36 AM
gfx* Home Help Login Register gfx
gfx
ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  Indepedent Tour 2004  |  WHY AM I A CLAYVERT?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: WHY AM I A CLAYVERT?  (Read 3298 times)

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
WHY AM I A CLAYVERT?
« on: March 22, 2010, 03:40:45 AM »
gcramsey
Why am I a Clayvert????
« on: March 03, 2004, 07:24:34 PM »   
Don't worry, it has nothing to do with a pervert.  I originally posted on the Atlanta thread, I think. My mom and I decided to go to the concert because She was a clay fan and I was a kelly fan.  We both wanted to see the other perform, but we reall had been following our respective stars. In addition, I thought it would be hard for a guy to go to another guy's concert and not feel too gay...j/k!

Here's how our night went.........

My mom was almost late to the concert, She lives about ten minutes from the Duluth venue, but my dad held her up and then she got stuck in traffic. I live about an hour and a half from there and I was two hours early.  As you have probably read, it was really cold and rainy for us southern folk. Well I waited outside in the cold and damp for her to arrive because I had her ticket.  When she got there, we entered with about three songs of the Beu Sisters left, not impressed BTW.  I really think they should have gotten William Hung from this season of AI to open instead, but that's another story.  Back to the story at hand. Well this, for lack of better terms, not so nice lady was sitting in front of us. She actually grabbed my mom's knee and told us to be quiet. Sorrrrry, I didn't know I as at a John Tesh concert! After we laughed at her for a while, Clay cranked it up. He seemed to appear out of nowhere, but I have heard a rumor that he was actually seated in the crowd with his microphone hidden next to him. The croud erupted. Well, I got so into his music that I was disappointed when his set was over, even though I was there to see my future wife, Kelly Clarkson...j/k again.
Kelly was good and all, but I still couldn't get over how Clay had just totally out sang and out performed Kelly. The highlights of my evening, the remake of the now clay classic WDC and the OA duet.
I left the concert a total Clay fan, don't get me wrong I still love Kelly, but Clay stole the show. He didn't hold back and I have to say that it was the best concert I have ever been to.
This is my story.....I am THE Independent Tour Clayvert.

Take care,
Glen

PS. an addition, Kelly fans stink.....they don't post any good stuff on the internet. Everyone here I consider my extended family.  Keep posting videos and pictures, I was only lucky enough to get off work to see one of the concerts!
ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
Re: WHY AM I A CLAYVERT?
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2010, 03:41:06 AM »
Invisible Touch
Claymaniac

Minneapolis, MN

Why am I a Clayvert????
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2004, 08:14:25 PM »   

Welcome to the Claymaniacs!  We really are a great bunch of people!  This site has a lot of great, up to date information! (Thanks, Pamela!!) This site is big enough that we have many diverse opinions, but small enough to feel like a family!

We can always use another Clay fan around here!  I will look forward to reading your posts and hearing things from a male perspective.

See you around!!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2010, 03:41:26 AM »
Pauluka96

Why am I a Clayvert
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2004, 08:21:23 PM »   
Good for you, you went to the concert as a Kelly fan but were open minded enough to let Clay win you over!!! Not too many people would give the "other guy" the benefit of the doubt, so to speak. I have not been a Claymaniac too long myself, but I know what you mean by "extended family" I love this site, this site has added so much fun to my previously boring life!!! This site and especially Clay have brightened many a dull day for me. Welcome aboard and if you get half the joy out of us that I do you will be one very lucky man.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2010, 12:37:15 AM by Marilyn »

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2010, 03:41:48 AM »
gcramsey
Why am I a Clayvert????
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2004, 08:25:35 PM »   

I feel like I am a little kid again. I haven't followed a star in years.  It's really great!

Keep on posting.

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2010, 03:42:08 AM »
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster

Why am I a Clayvert????
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2004, 09:06:10 PM »   
What a great story Glen!  Thanks for sharing.  You know, there were lots of guys at the concert in Raleigh.  I know Kelly has lots of guy fans (of course!) but I also think Clay does too.  It's just that most of them don't post on Internet message boards!  We have guys who post here - jacob and kirk48 and others. Also lots of guys lurk here, I know because I hear from them via email.

I would never generalize and say that women just like to talk more than men...Clay proves that wrong.  Haha!  Although I do think Kelly may be able to outtalk even him...  :roll:  And I didn't realize she was only 21. 
I watched them on TRL this afternoon and they seem to be becoming good friends. 

It's true their music is different, but they do compliment each other somehow.  I enjoyed Kelly's set, and I especially love her songs Thankful and Beautiful Disaster.  In fact, I LOVE Beautiful Disaster!

Have fun Glen!
« Last Edit: March 25, 2010, 12:36:35 AM by Marilyn »

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2010, 03:42:25 AM »
Clayton Clayniac
Welcome, Glen!
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2004, 09:47:58 PM »   
Thanks so much for posting your concert experience.  It's refreshing to get it from a guy's point of view.  Clay is my focus here, but I've also loved Kelly from the beginning.  She's an incredible talent with a sweet and endearing personality - just like Clay!  They really compliment each other so well on this tour, which is turning out to be a remarkable gift to their fans!  Hope you'll post often in the future.

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2010, 03:42:46 AM »
Her

Clayvert
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2004, 01:55:55 PM »   
Welcome GCRamsey!  Thank you for sharing your experience.  It really is heartwarming to hear a man's point of view.  Clay is such a phenomenal talent and hopefully, he'll win over more and more of the male population.

Our Board is great and wish I'd found it sooner myself.  Easy, fun and fulfilling to share info, ideas and opinions.  Also, I've personally met some of the Maniacs at the Miami concert as so many others have done throughout the Tour which is great to put faces to the posts!

Again, Welcome!
« Last Edit: March 25, 2010, 12:36:50 AM by Marilyn »

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2010, 03:43:17 AM »
AdoringClay
Hi Glen...
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2004, 03:39:32 PM »   

Now, your review of the concert was just fantastic.  It's not fair - I have to wait 4 more weeks for Seattle, WA on April 8th!  That seems like a long way away right now...your review makes me more anxious than ever!

It is not very difficult to Clayvert people and we really delight in doing it!  It doesn't take much effort at all.  There is something that drives us crazy about Clay that even we Maniacs simply cannot describe or put into words.  Never mind the fantastic pipes and one of the best pop voices out there, or how poised he is and seems so at ease on stage, or the gorgeous looks, or the delightful personality in interviews, or his wonderful, warm heart and humanitarianism, or how humble he is about it all.  If you can just get people to sit (or stand) and listen to his beautiful voice and watch him as he performs, they will be hooked forever.  There is something very mesmerizing about the boy and I notice that most people can't take their eyes off him when he is on stage - I guess that's called "commanding".  It has to be that elusive "IT" factor we always hear about. 

What do you think it is, Glen?  What, specifically, hooked you...can you put it into words?  Please help us! 

Clay Love to You - Sue G.

P.S. - Glen, what does this mean in your post above?  "Kelly fans stink.....they don't post any good stuff on the internet".  Do you mean that they don't post downloads and fun pictures of her, or do you mean that you don't like to chat with them because of????  (Kelly seems like a positive person that should elicit positive comments and behavior.)

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2010, 03:43:32 AM »
FAITH
Why am I a Clayvert????
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2004, 05:12:23 PM »   
Sue G., perhaps I can shed some light on Glen's comment. I was and still am a fan of Kelly's, and after downloading all of Clay's concert performances, I was curious to see some of Kelly's. There are only a few sites for Kelly and only one that I know of, has a few video downloads from the concerts. Glen, if you are interested you can get them at kellyclarkson.ca. I believe that Kelly's fans are very devoted. OBC just inspired many more internet sites, with tons of goodies!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2010, 03:43:50 AM »
gcramsey
In agreement!
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2004, 06:02:48 PM »   
I in no way meant that Kelly Fans stink, period.  I meant that they just don't post as many goodies as clay fans do. Trust me, I still have the Kelly background on my computer at work, but I have all the concert downloads and clay pictures saved at close click.  I just don't think the other Kelly fans have the same family type feeling and want to share her with others via the internet. I thought it was really funny on TRL yesterday when Clay spoke of his "Claymates". He then asked Kelly about her fans (guy's mostly), she couldn't really say much. It was kinda like the final question in the Miss America pagent and she got stumped.  Oh well, they both just kinda blew it off.  I thought it was funny though.

As a final note, Kelly did mention that her new album will be comming out later this year.......I repeat....I am still a Kelly fan....I just have Kelly to want to marry and Clay to idolize.

I hope that sets the record straight.

Love you guys,

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2010, 03:44:14 AM »
houstonclayfan
Re: In agreement!
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2004, 06:17:39 PM »   

I love it !   Welcome to Claymaniacs, Glen  :P

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2010, 03:44:35 AM »
gcramsey
Thanks!
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2004, 10:10:54 PM »   

God Bless,

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2010, 12:37:49 AM »
iluvred
  welcome
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2004, 11:57:42 PM » 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
gcramsey,

Welcome and thank you for sharing your experience.  I have to admit I was not a Kelly fan at all.  I had not heard her sing much, but what I did hear I thought she sounded like she was screaming.  I'm going to feel like Simon here and say, "hear me out."  Anyway, I decided to start listening to some downloads of her and I watched a couple of interviews.  Then, I went to the Ryan Seacrest, On-Air show and thought Kelly was really cute.  I also spoke with some her fans about her.  I figured that since I am going to see Kelly in concert I should see what this      is about.  Now the clincher.  I bought her CD and fell in love with it.  My boys, 13 and 16, also really like it.  I think she is so cute, so real and so funny.  I am really looking forward to seeing her in Anaheim on April 3rd.

Thanks again for your perspective.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2010, 01:15:48 PM by Marilyn »

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2010, 01:25:25 PM »
gcramsey
  Why am I a Clayvert????
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2004, 10:04:48 PM » 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks iluvred!

It's good to know that there are some new Kelly fans out of this too. I do have to agree that she is cute. I mih end up having to fight your sons for her.

I really hope that you get to enjoy her as much as I did Clay when he came to Atlana. Although, I really don't think it's possible to tear some of you ladies away from your man.

Take Care and all the luck that his voice holds out.
God Bless,

ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  Indepedent Tour 2004  |  WHY AM I A CLAYVERT?

gfxgfx
gfx