gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

gfx gfx
gfx
229528 Posts in 2574 Topics by 108 Members - Latest Member: CTLovesClay March 29, 2024, 03:13:08 AM
gfx* Home Help Login Register gfx
gfx
ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  Media & Appearance Archive  |  11/03/03 MOAM MTV Review
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: 11/03/03 MOAM MTV Review  (Read 2159 times)

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
11/03/03 MOAM MTV Review
« on: April 29, 2010, 11:25:22 PM »
Jexter
  MOAM MTV Review
« on: November 03, 2003, 03:14:02 AM »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hah! I was thrilled to read MTV's review. I've read so many reviews and opinons about MoaM (both good and bad) but none resonated with me until now.

I don't think MTV had a literal interpretation in mind when it called Clay's album the first-ever non-secular Christian album. Instead, I think the reference was a metaphor for a NEW MUSICAL GENRE that lacks a name, a description, and a corresponding demographic.

MoaM isn't Christian, it isn't Michael Bolten (whatever that is!), it isn't rock, it isn't country, it isn't adult contemporary, it isn't bubble-gum. Yet, at the same time, it is a little bit of each of these.  It doesn't fit into any exsiting genre, and MTV is the first to recognize this!

I agree with Clay when he says many people simply don't know what to do with him. He's an anomoly.

Kudos really are due to Clive Davis and the others on the album team for using their instincts in producing MoaM rather than their formulas.

Kudos to MTV for recognizing the unique nature of Clay+MoaM and for being open-minded enough to celebrate it rather than sweep it under the rug because it doesn't fit anywhere else.

I'm on Cloud 9 knowing that this media giant who is in it for the youngsters of the world has accepted Clay and MoaM. Catch 'em young is what I like to say.

ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
Re: 11/03/03 MOAM MTV Review
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2010, 11:29:02 PM »
ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!

ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  Media & Appearance Archive  |  11/03/03 MOAM MTV Review

gfxgfx
gfx