gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

gfx gfx
gfx
229523 Posts in 2574 Topics by 108 Members - Latest Member: CTLovesClay March 28, 2024, 06:37:04 PM
gfx* Home Help Login Register gfx
gfx
ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  Media & Appearance Archive  |  10/28/03 ENEMIES OF POP MUSIC BEWARE: CLAY IS HERE TO STAY
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: 10/28/03 ENEMIES OF POP MUSIC BEWARE: CLAY IS HERE TO STAY  (Read 2190 times)

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
10/28/03 ENEMIES OF POP MUSIC BEWARE: CLAY IS HERE TO STAY
« on: April 29, 2010, 11:11:34 PM »
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
 ENEMIES OF POP MUSIC BEWARE: CLAY IS HERE TO STAY
« on: October 28, 2003, 12:13:43 PM »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Measure of a Man
By: Michelle Aguirre

It was only a matter of time. First there was Kelly and Justin; then there was Ruben and Clay in season two. Pop music reached its peak last summer with the introduction of the infamous TV hit, American Idol. Every week, viewers tuned in to see if there was any musical talent out there and what Simon had to say about it.
Then when you non-pop fans thought you had heard the last of them, Clay Aiken released his new album titled "Measure of a Man."
His debut album is filled with vocals and instrumentals that will leave all the pre-teens yelling for more. With a mixture of the sad, slow, love song and upbeat dance hits, Aiken tries to put a little something for everyone in his album. You won't hear any swear words here; this album is practically "G" rated.
Also included in the album is the single that almost won him the American idol contest, "This is the Night."
His second hit, "Invisible" can also be heard in his debut album. Of course there are a couple of tracks that are as not as good as the others such as "When You Say You Love Me," which sounds like it tries to have just a hint of country inside it. You cannot doubt though, that this album has a unique, fresh genuine quality that is lacking in pop music today.
The lyrics are somewhat full of clichés as in the song, "No More Sad Songs," but it seems to almost be a tribute to all the obstacles Aiken had to overcome just to get into the entertainment industry. There is no doubt that if Aiken had not been offered this record deal, he would have found somewhere else to sing his little heart out.
There is also no doubt that this CD is 100 percent pop and full of ballads and sad songs to get you through the night. If you can't appreciate the sappy lyrics, you'll at least appreciate the terrific vocals displayed by the young singer.
Enemies of pop music beware; Aiken and the rest of the American Idols are here to stay!

U-CAL RIVERSIDE REVIEW

ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
Re: 10/28/03 ENEMIES OF POP MUSIC BEWARE: CLAY IS HERE TO STAY
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2010, 11:12:35 PM »
thanku_clay
  ENEMIES OF POP MUSIC BEWARE: CLAY IS HERE TO STAY
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2003, 12:35:14 AM »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I actually like "When You Say You Love Me". It sounds country....but I like it.
I hear Clay is doing a duet with Faith Hill....acording to Tim Mc Graw in an interview on a country radio station. Has something to do with a movie soundtack she is working on ,I think.
ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!

ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  Media & Appearance Archive  |  10/28/03 ENEMIES OF POP MUSIC BEWARE: CLAY IS HERE TO STAY

gfxgfx
gfx