gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

gfx gfx
gfx
229518 Posts in 2574 Topics by 108 Members - Latest Member: CTLovesClay March 28, 2024, 11:53:55 AM
gfx* Home Help Login Register gfx
gfx
ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  Indepedent Tour 2004  |  Clay in Wilkes-Barre, PA - 3/7
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Clay in Wilkes-Barre, PA - 3/7  (Read 8573 times)

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
Re: WILKES BARRE 3 7 04
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2010, 03:18:09 AM »
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster

Clay in Wilkes-Barre, PA - 3/7
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2004, 12:47:34 AM »   

WILKES-BARRE TWP. - It's no surprise that a concert tour based on a TV show that draws 21 million viewers a night
 drew a capacity crowd at First Union Arena. What was surprising was how well it translated into the live setting, and how
much fun it was.

The arrival of Clay Aiken brought the house down with Beatlemania-type shrieks from the thousands of young teens
in the audience. With Aiken, the comparisons are true: the kid is a young Barry Manilow, right down to the body language.
And like Manilow, he can really sing.

"This is the smallest place we've played, but it might be the loudest," said Aiken at one point. What he didn't know was
that it was probably the loudest the building had ever been. But these "American Idols," who are truly living the American
dream, deserve the cheers.

I think this might be the only review that called the AI concert 'fun.'  And now the Indie tour also sounds like so much fun,
and so full of heart and passion as well.  I do wonder about the magic in eastern PA!

PS to Elka - I love your name.  My imaginary friend when I was a little girl was named Elka! Welcome!
« Last Edit: March 22, 2010, 01:13:50 PM by Marilyn »
ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2010, 03:19:52 AM »
cjrmax

« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2004, 10:58:40 AM »   
I too witnessed Clay tear up and I quickly looked up at the screen and there was a close up of him and his beautiful mouth was trembeling. At that moment I thought someone had stabbled me in the heart. I always knew the right reason why I love and suport this terrific man, but to witness him express his love and gratitude for his audience (live) was the most priceless moment of my entire life. You can not begin to describe it, you just had to be there. You can not express it, you had to feel it. If anyone was at this particular concert and left the building not feeling fulfilled, choked up, and loved in return by our One and Only, you should not have been there.
Elka, reading this today made me feel it all over again!  I feel so privileged to have been at this particular concert!  Never in my life have I been at any concert or event where I felt this much emotion - an emotion felt by everyone there I believe!  As Quynn said - during "The Way" people were crying.  It was simply overwhelming!

Pamela wrote:

What kind of magic resides in Wilkes Barre, PA? I'm serious.

I do wonder about the magic in eastern PA!

Got me, Pamela!  Wilkes Barre is really in the middle of nowhere (and the arena is not easy to find!), but they obviously
 get it up there!   :D I'm still feeling the glow......
« Last Edit: March 22, 2010, 01:14:08 PM by Marilyn »

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2010, 03:20:22 AM »
Anonymous

« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2004, 11:24:25 AM »   
cjrmax..what a wondeful reveiw!! This is the first time i have had access to a computer since the show..and I was glad to see that someone told such a nice description. We were in row 9...only a few behind the catwalk...and it was amazing how close they were...the whole expereince was just awesome and amazing. I wish I could go to more. The drive...freezing rain..and snow was totally worth it...he was (i am going to start crying now)..........just clay!
« Last Edit: March 22, 2010, 01:14:20 PM by Marilyn »

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2010, 03:21:02 AM »
cpnina
Clayamateur

« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2004, 11:40:20 AM »   
« Last Edit: March 22, 2010, 01:14:37 PM by Marilyn »

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2010, 03:21:22 AM »
Clayton Clayniac
« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2004, 11:43:10 AM »   

Hope he saw it on the way into town!!
PLEASE NOTE THESE LINKS NO LONGER WORK
« Last Edit: March 22, 2010, 01:16:25 PM by Marilyn »

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
Re: Clay in Wilkes-Barre, PA - 3/7
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2010, 02:26:00 PM »
Shadowdancer, Hazleton,PA
  Wilkes-Barre Pa Concert
« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2004, 12:56:31 PM » 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I too was at that magical concert on Sunday evening. I wish that everyone could have been there to experience the emotion that flowed thru that arena on Sunday evening. The electricity was every where, you could feel it  from the time u entered the building, we were all there for the same reason, just too see CLAY . We were very fortunate that Clay sang last, what a way to end a magical evening with Clay's voice in your head.

After Kelly's set the house started to chant Clay, Clay Clay, we love you and We want Clay,  everyone just wanted to see and hear him. We all knew he was coming into the arena from the floor, so the excitment was building knowing you may just get to see him up close or perhaps have him touch your hand. When he started to sing the house went wild,  it just never stopped.Everyone was on their feet from that point on.  We loved every minute of being there with him. He makes you feel so good in side, I too am a Grandmother in my 50's but for a fews hours on Sunday evening I was 20 again. We had great seats on the floor and with adding the run way he was up close and personal. My pictures are great and I can't stop looking at them or the program .

As we sang MOAM to him he was overwhelmed, I don't think he expected us to know that song so well or  to be so happy to sing it to him. The emotion on his face was heart warming, he is so genuine.  He felt the love that we all had for him, his voice gave us his love back.

We wish Clay all the good things that life has to offer and hope that he will be a part of ours for a very long time. He to us is not just another voice, he is a  fantastic person with a gift from above that he is sharing with many.
I too had to drive home in the snow storm, but it was worth it. The show was awesome.
To any one waiting for this concert to happen you will love it.   
CCACA(Certifiably Crazy About Clay Aiken)

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2010, 02:26:52 PM »
gobo826
  wilkes barre
« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2004, 07:03:53 PM » 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Does anyone know if anyone was able to get a video camera in?  I was able to find someone who started but was caught.  Also, I found the Philadelphia one but I was at Wilkes Barre and I do not think that Philadelphia could even come close to the special night that happened in Wilkes-Barre.

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2010, 02:27:15 PM »
mika119
  Wilkes-Barre Concert..........
« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2004, 07:28:30 PM » 

OMG, You nailed that concert!.........I couldn't have written a better review.  It was everything you said it was........the only thing, I never sensed Clay being down, not for a moment.  He just seemed great from beginning to end.  He just leaves you 

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2010, 02:33:53 PM »
Anonymous
« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2004, 10:09:09 PM » 

shadowdancer...i posted a reply above yours..and forgot to login. Geez..we might have been sitting so close to each other..and your recount was perfect...it was a perfect night wasn't it???...I took some pics also...came out pretty good...got alot of hair cropping to do yet..lol...maybe we could share pics.....i am still on cloud nine.

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2010, 02:34:26 PM »
Her

Wilkes-Barre
« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2004, 05:28:35 AM » 

I watched the WDC and the MOAM clips from Wilkes-Barre. Oh these are my favorites so far.  You lucky ones that were there I'm sure will be floating for days---

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2010, 02:34:54 PM »
shadowdancer
« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2004, 11:30:57 AM » 

shadowdancer...i posted a reply above yours..and forgot to login. Geez..we might have been sitting so close to each other..and your recount was perfect...it was a perfect night wasn't it???...I took some pics also...came out pretty good...got alot of hair cropping to do yet..lol...maybe we could share pics.....i am still on cloud nine.

I was in row 13 sec 2 fl, where were u?

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2010, 02:35:18 PM »
Michele
« Reply #26 on: March 11, 2004, 10:48:51 PM » 

Cjrmax.
That was beautiful.  I too drove three hours to see the Wilkes Barre concert.  You could not have described the feeling of love that surrounded all of us that night any better.  I also had the most incredible warm feeling when I sang MOAM with everyone to Clay.  It was very touching.  I felt Clay's love for us and our love for Clay.  It was absolutely worth the snowy drive home through those mountains plus much much more.  Nothing can ever replace how wonderful that evening made me feel.  I went to the DC concert which was GREAT but Wilkes Barre left a mark in my heart. 

I would love a third concert too.  I miss Clay.  I don't think we could ever get enough.

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #27 on: May 23, 2010, 02:35:54 PM »
claymore
« Reply #27 on: March 11, 2004, 10:55:11 PM » 

cjrmax and elka,
 i can't go to the concert and your reviews really help my imagination on how it is going to be. i can only imagine and after reading your experiences i can feel it too. thank you so much for your wonderful reviews

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #28 on: May 23, 2010, 03:15:31 PM »
Clayton Clayniac
  You Must Read This!
« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2004, 12:21:33 PM » 

Go to the website below and scroll down to the article "From Behind Enchanting Eyes, My Night in Wilkes-Barre."  It's right-on about how we all feel about Clay and will touch your heart and make you shed a tear!  Kristen's writing skills are extraordinary!  Love it!

http://www.clayaikentheidealidol.com/whatsnew.html
----------------------------------------------------------------
Note from Marilyn- could not find this on Ideal Idol BUT Rainlover at CV guided me to the article. I have posted it in its entirety but here is the direct link (Its from Singapore):  FROM BEHIND ENCHANTING EYES

I have asked permission to have this beautiful piece of article to be posted and shared with everyone at CAS.

POSTED BY LuvsHisIdolEyes919 - CA.com

The face is the mirror of the mind,
and eyes without speaking
confess the secrets of the heart.

Should I note the irony that the originator of this quote was Saint Jerome? I suppose not.

The prime characteristic I analyze in another human being is their eyes. Call it superficial if you must, but I can’t help but feel that most anything about anyone can be revealed simply by gazing into their eyes.

If in fact this is the case, then my God what a story you’ve told me.

I could merely write my emotions off as a blossoming hormonal weed that has rooted itself into my garden of coherent thought, but where’s the fun in that?

It has already been three days since the most emotional night of my life and I have yet to recover. This void far surpasses the standard concert hangover because what I experienced would never classify as a standard concert.

Glowing, shimmering, radiating, blinding, spellbinding, bewitching, enchanting.

You stepped so meekly onto the stage and your eyes projected your soul. I was left breathless at the sight of them twinkling and sparkling underneath the white hot spotlight. “Jenny. Oh my God. Just look at his eyes! I can’t get over them.” I sighed into my concert buddy’s ear. “They’re incredible.” She agreed.

Thank the Lord I am not an outsider to this love and I do not lend your dazzling greens to any form of cold remedy. That would be far too practical and too colossal a departure from my romantic tendencies.

With each note, each chuckle, and each word emitted from behind your pouting, glistening lips your eyes reflected the dramatic lighting above and almost created bits of glitter to be cast out into your sea of adoring fans.

Do I love you or what?

And I was lost.

I had been fortunate enough to see you in person prior to this past Sunday, but I was never prepared for just how incredible you are up close. Great chunks of longing had hung in the air between us for too long. I was never one of the lucky ones. I took what I was given and relished in it until it faded into a mere fog of an image in my mind.

You, standing clad in a dark suit amidst a sea of blue green haze caressing a microphone stand as you belted your chart-topping anthem. You, bundled from neck to foot in layers of warm winter garments surrounded by chilly children on a frigid November day as you rode through Times Square from your decadent chariot of chocolate. You, standing tall yet humble mixed into a room of professional entertainers lucky enough to have you serenade their live audiences with a private look of pride that I swear to take with me for the rest of my days.

These are what I had of you. I would envy those who touched you, those who smiled with you. I never wanted anything more than to be close to you, even if only for a moment. I didn’t want a universal memory; I wanted one all to myself.

Why? Why so full of desire and need?

It’s love.

Until this past weekend, I wrote off my affinity to you as more or less a distant admiration traced in impossibility of becoming tangible. Though it consumed my thoughts and hard drive, I never imagined it could come to life in an entirely new way.

I’m not in love with you. I just love you. I don’t expect you to love back. I’m not that foolish. You are not even obliged to reciprocate an eighth of what I feel, though so often you express your own desire to do just that.

Let it be. You’ve done enough. I’m a fan. It’s my job to love you like this. You’re the star. It’s your job to give us causes to love.

Your heart, your mind, your voice, your being; you have myself and millions of others so engrossed into you and you fail to see any sort of rational explanation for our unending devotion. How can one so great be so humble?

Don’t misunderstand me. You’re not Jesus. Jesus couldn’t move the way you do.

But you have such a charm that you fail to acknowledge in interviews when asked what your appeal is. You blatantly deny feeling the slightest bit attractive and when praised for your chiseled cheeks and sultry smile, you blush as though you’ve been kissed for the first time, then not even a day later you morph into this magnificent performer oozing sensuality with every shift of your hips.

You baffle me, Mr. Aiken.

It’s this very welcome contradiction that I am starting to feel is the reason behind your power. I could have never arrived at this conclusion until I witnessed you up close for myself. I am forever grateful.

You don’t walk, you saunter. You don’t know it, but I do. It should be flattering for you that proclaiming you “owned the stage” is evolving into a fan cliché. Cliché it may be, but I fear that there is no way to arrange these twenty-six symbols in any form of thought sufficient enough to do justice to your presence. You’re that magnetic.

Banter from stage to seat came so casually to you. Joking and laughing with patrons and pals, you happily made sure that everyone in that space felt the joy you held inside. Where as most knees would buckle in front of a sold out arena- yours bent deeply as you belted out the glory notes of your song.

I cheated. I’m sorry. I knew your plan of attack before you presented it. I have to admit that I was prepared to grab your attention. But preparation is never grounds for a guaranteed result. Though I took pleasure in dreaming of what might happen, I was never once blessed with a bit of certainty in my heart that it would indeed fall into place.

Then it did.

What my mother has deemed as an “award for good behavior,” I was fortunate enough to obtain front row center tickets to your first real national tour. Sitting and trembling and still dripping from my shower, my shaky hand guided the mouse and selected the payment option for the pass of a lifetime.

Finally. It finally happened. I wasn’t going to be a speck of neutral flesh high up in the rafters of a massive arena or deep within the shivering crowd of parade spectators. I was actually going to see stray hairs without the aid of video equipment.

That in itself was enough to send me into a fit of euphoria, but I was so fortunate to have my hopes met that night.

The time had arrived. My left hand was happily holding my cell phone complete with a giggling friend on the other end. I knew that if I reached high enough, you would have to spot me. If I could just jump a little higher you would notice me. And you did.

Initially mocking my desperation, in an adorable manner only you could create, you then proceeded to tease me by reaching for my hand and abruptly pulling away with a resounding “Ooooh” that made me just… weak. Back you came with a high pitched “Okay” as your elegant hand snatched the cell from me and you confidently raised it to your infamous ear.

“Hello?” And the crowd roared.

Jenny and random others clung to me in excitement as I bounced up and down in place frantically snapping pictures of you holding my phone (which pathetically sports a black and white picture of your hand below the banner ‘TOUCH’- it also rings ‘Kyrie’, but you couldn’t possibly have known that).

In the moment, I missed your words until you asked my name. You turned happily on your heels and- okay, breathe- looked into my eyes and said “Kristen, is that your name, Kristen?”

Cue the liquefying of my internal organs, please.

As silly and girly as it sounds, I’ve wanted to hear you say my name for so long. It’s bordering on petty and near insignificant, but I was so eager to hear it. It could have easily been, “Hey Kristen, stop following my tour bus” or “OUCH! Kristen, you stepped on my toe! I hate you!” The fact that you said it would have been plenty for me.

But… you looked at me too. You actually looked at me. Your inviting green eyes ripped into my disbelieving blue. And you smiled.

Handing my phone back…

You winked. An Aiken wink all for me.

Once more, you leave me scraping to describe my emotions. My heart was racing at a speed that would demolish the fastest time on a racetrack. My stomach was so tangled that even the craftiest of scouts could not untie it. My knees were the equivalent of pudding on a hundred degree day.

And you have no clue you’re doing it.

Or do you?

You tease. You taunt. You flirt.

You sir, are a far better actor than you make yourself out to be. You know exactly what you are doing at all times. Sure, you play the humble card. But the king of hearts is next in the deck. I hate to break it to you, Clay. We’re catching on.

You heard us catcalling to you during the A Capella introduction of “When Doves Cry.” You heard us declare Angela as our hero. You ate it up. You basked in the glow of this new little game you’ve created and we were happily along for the, pardon the pun, “bumpy” ride.

And as an audience, we were overjoyed. You could see it all over your face. This is where you belong. This is your calling. You were having the time of your life. It may be a maternal instinct or something, but to see you so happy, makes me so happy too. When you laugh, I laugh. When you sing, I try to sing. And when you cry…

I cry.

Clay, in all my eighteen years on this earth, I have never been moved to tears by a perfect stranger before. I’m not the only one overwhelmed by you as a person and that much was evident Sunday night.

Singing to you, singing for you was our gift. You even said during the set that you wanted to thank us. But Clay, what you don’t realize is that… we want to thank you.

Thank you for being at the heart of our joy for the past glorious year. Thank you for reaffirming our faith in an industry that was rapidly descending to new lows. Thank you for being that one person that we could adore collectively, regardless of age. Thank you for being the voice of faith to so many who admire your ardent dedication to your own. Thank you for lighting our days with your beaming smile. Thank you for gracing our eyes with your innocent yet toxic beauty. Thank you for melting our hearts with your undying compassion. Thank you for uniting me with the some of the most incredible people I have ever known. Thank you for being you.

I watched adoringly as you couldn’t “wrap your mind” around the love and affection being given to you. There was a feeling of irresistible joy filling the confines of the arena that night and your face- and eyes- said it all.

A failed attempt at your trademark lip bite caught my eye. You could not catch it. It was quivering too quickly. In your eyes, tears began to collect adding a delicate glaze over their green hue. With a smile, a single tear fell and was quickly bottled away by your hasty hand. You clutched to Quiana for strength and she offered you a comforting pat of the back as you sat in awe of what you heard. Our voices joined together in praise of you- in love for you.

I dare say that there wasn’t a single dry eye in the house. There was more power in that room than anything I’ve ever felt before. To hear your fans in unison proclaiming their affection for you through the lyrics of your favorite track in conjunction with actual breakdown of your once bubbly stage self was by far and away the most incredible mixture of pride and joy that I have ever felt in my life. I was blessed to take part in it.

As I watched your eyes scan the crowd of thousands, I saw it all. In your eyes, I saw your thank you. For each little tear that formed in you, ten collected in mine. You exposed your heart through those tears Clay, and I heard it all too clear. You need not feel obliged to thank us. Having you as you is plenty. And you that night was more than I could bear.

As I close my eyes, I am bombarded with your face so passionately mouthing the words to your song and my heart swells to know how enjoy it so. It is giving and receiving in an endless, loving circle between you and your fans. You thank us and we thank you. Always.

Whether your singing, dancing, laughing, teaching, loving, living, learning, giving, embracing, chasing, crying or flying we are with you each step of the way. For you have united our hearts in ways I never thought conceivable. All of this from behind enchanting eyes.

Love,
Kristen

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #29 on: May 23, 2010, 03:23:24 PM »
FAITH
« Reply #29 on: March 12, 2004, 01:05:36 PM » 

I haven't yet found the article from Wilkes Barrie, but while I was looking for it, I found another great one called 'Hugging Clay in Miami'. Another wonderful story told in great detail.

http://www.clayaikentheidealidol.com/whatsnew.html

ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  Indepedent Tour 2004  |  Clay in Wilkes-Barre, PA - 3/7

gfxgfx
gfx