gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

gfx gfx
gfx
229512 Posts in 2574 Topics by 108 Members - Latest Member: CTLovesClay March 28, 2024, 06:31:15 AM
gfx* Home Help Login Register gfx
gfx
ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  Indepedent Tour 2004  |  Clay in Wilkes-Barre, PA - 3/7
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Clay in Wilkes-Barre, PA - 3/7  (Read 8572 times)

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
Clay in Wilkes-Barre, PA - 3/7
« on: March 22, 2010, 03:07:27 AM »
cjrmax

« on: March 08, 2004, 04:00:55 AM »   
I posted most of this on another thread, but wanted to share it here too.  This was my 2nd Clay concert - the first being in Philadelphia - and all I can say is WOW!  Well, actually, that's not all I can say.....   

Its almost 4am and I just got home a little while ago.  No one is around, but that's ok.  I didn't think I would post when I got home.  I just drove well over 300 miles today, left Wilkes-Barre in a driving sudden snow storm that was so bad I had the illusion that my car was going backwards, not forward!  We were travelling at a whopping 25 miles per hour over dark, unfamiliar roads late at night, barely able to see where the road was.  But I would do it all again in a heart beat!

They seemed much more on the ball in Wilkes-Barre than they were in Philly.  Yes, they wouldn't let us take in the presents we had for Clay, but I felt confident that the very nice, sweet, 50-ish woman who took them would make sure they would get to Clay.  She promised, and I believe her!  They did look in bags, but had a more relaxed camera policy than the Liacouras Center.  NO videos were allowed, naturally - AND THEY SEEMED TO ENFORCE IT!  I hope someone succesfully snuck one in so we can have some downloads, but a woman in front of us was hauled away by Jerome and Arena Security and we heard it was because they found out she had a video camera with her!  She returned later but without her bag!  Anyway, they said no "professional" type cameras with removable lenses, but any other kind was ok.  In Philly, they TRIED to prevent ALL photography, but soon after Clay made his entrance they gave up and we were told it was ok to take pictures!  No problem at all in Wilkes-Barre.

They were also very good at getting people to put down signs if they held them up.  This was great, because there were a few people in front of us (we were in the 7th row this time, near the catwalk) with signs and they blocked our views!  IMO, signs should NOT be allowed in at a concert! Anyway, they also stopped people from standing on chairs.  The event staff actually looked like they were doing their jobs!

The reception for Kelly was good, but not enthusiastic.  I think the crowd was more enthusiastic with Kelly in Philly.  She did wear her "I heart Clay" t-shirt here, which she didn't in Philly. But from the moment her set was over, you could feel the excitement and the electricity building.  From time to time chants of "WE WANT CLAY" or "CLAY! CLAY! CLAY!"  would spring up.  And then when the lights went down and the music for Kyrie started the place went wild!  And it never stopped.

I truly don't think Clay was feeling well. His hair looked as if he just got out of bed. When he first entered, he didn't have the same pep in his step he had had in Philly.  He looked tired.  But you could tell he was giving it everything he had.  He started out saying he wasn't going to talk much, but you know Clay!  That just isn't possible!  I think the crowd energized him.  He looked around and commented on how packed the house was (it was filled to the rafters!) and how loud the crowd was and it was as if suddenly he was able to reach down deep inside himself and somehow, some way pull that extra something out!  He said to the crowd "You guys are making this fun!"  I have this feeling that before the show there was a big part of him just wishing he didn't have to put on a happy face and go out there.  But once on stage, seeing these masses of people looking up at him with adoring eyes,  it was if he was fueled by their love!  Maybe even more so than in Philly, this crowd looked at him with such love in their eyes!  Looking around at the people you could just see it.  And it was a very different crowd than in Philly.  Lots more men - several wearing Clay concert t-shirts!  Many more families.  But it was still a predominantly female audience.  Anyway, I almost felt as if the crowd sensed Clay wasn't feeling his best and loved him all the more (if that's possible!) because there he was, giving it is all for them!

Once Clay got started, he joked (talked about the WDC dance in DC - saying he knew we all knew what happened! Ah, the power of the internet!), and laughed.  He was hysterical at times!  His singing voice sounded strong.  His "screeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaammmmmm" during WDC was long and strong!  His speaking voice sounded deeper than usual, but not really hoarce.  Actually, it was sort of sexy!  He hit some phenominally low notes in some of his songs that I didn't think he could hit! He changed up a few songs, but nothing dramatic.

His WDC was the most fun ever!  He had a hard time not giggling during the slow part, I think because he could feel the crowd wondering what new , um, shall we say dance move, he would do tonight!  And when the "dance" part came, they were really into it tonight!!!  I swear it is getting sexier and sexier (although I bet he tones it down in Winston-Salem if his Mom is there!).  But the best part was when Angela went down on him - OK, shimmied down on him!  It caught him totally by surprise and he just lost it!  He broke out laughing so hard I thought he was going to fall over!  Once he regained his composure, the "dance" continued til the end!  It was almost as if Angela figured that Clay had surprised her in DC, so she was going to surprise him in Wilkes-Barre!  And she did!  It was truly one of the highlights of the show! Pray for a download!!

At the end, when he went to sing "The Way" they were having some technical difficulties, and he tried to sing through it but gave up, and asked the audience if he could start over.  Of course we said sure!  He laughed about it, but I think the perfectionist in him was a teeney bit annoyed!

Open Arms was great.  Kelly wore a very flattering black dress and she looked beautiful.  It was only at the end of this song that I noticed him struggling a little bit with his voice.

But to me, the highlight of the show BY FAR was the moment Clay didn't sing.  It was during the acoustic set - which was definitely better than in Philly.  They seemed to do more of each song than in Philly. (There were slight techinical difficulties here to.  The guitarist must have broken a string because suddenly there was no guitar and a new one was brought out to him!) But, when he started MOAM and he noticed the audience singing along, he just held the mike out and we all sang every word perfectly (actually, it did sound pretty good!).  The emotion on his face!  Angela was crying.  Quinana was crying.  Clay put his hand on her knee as if to comfort her and to steady himself.  I looked through my telephoto lens briefly and he was crying!  He definitely wiped away tears.  I think it totally caught him off guard.  This song that means so much to him - every word was being sung TO him with such love and respect and admiration!  It clearly overwhelmed him!  And the songs that followed seemed the richer for it!  He was so moved it made me a little misty eyed!  It just took my breath away.  We just were all so caught up in the moment.  We were singing this song FOR CLay!  And he felt our love.  It was almost as if there were 10,000 pairs of arms embracing him in the world's largest group hug!  I don't know if any of what I have written can come close to conveying the emotion of that moment.  It was very intimate and very personal.

And that's what this concert was that the Philly concert - for all its indescribable joy - wasn't.  It just felt more intimate and personal.  It left us feeling so full, so amazingly full! Maybe it was the crowd.  Maybe it was that he clearly was not feeling well.  Maybe it was the full moon.  I don't know.  All I know is that I didn't want it to end!  Never in my life have I experienced what I felt tonight.  I know I won't forget it as long as I live.

I only wish I could afford a 3rd concert!
« Last Edit: March 25, 2010, 12:54:34 AM by Marilyn »
ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
Re: WILKES BARRE 3 7 04
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2010, 03:08:13 AM »
lorraine
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2004, 07:28:11 AM »   
Thank you Cjrmax.  As I started reading your review I was getting nervous especially when you said he wasn't feeling well and that he looked like he just got out of bed.  But as you continued and was describing the set when everyone was singing you had me crying.  Oh such love for our guy.  Everyday he gets more and more special to all of us.  As I am writing this message I am crying out of mostly joy for Clay and the rest because of how he has changed me to a 53 year old woman, mostly happy and living life to its fullest to a 53 year old woman LOVING life and realizing what joy he has given me.  I will be seeing Clay tonight and will be driving through some snow to get to him.  I am sure he will leave me with such warmth and joy and not wanting the night to end.  I hope that tonight he will be o.k.  God please watch over Clay and keep him safe, and getting better.

Lorraine
« Last Edit: March 22, 2010, 01:09:56 PM by Marilyn »

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2010, 03:09:03 AM »
claylady

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2004, 07:51:46 AM »   
THANK YOU CJRMAX.  What a beautiful review you wrote.  I writing this response through the tears.  It must have been an amazing thing to be part of especially when the crowd sang MOAM for Clay.  I feel bad too that the poor boy is not feeling well but it is a wonderous thing to see what a performer Clay is.  He seems to feed off of the fans and get stronger and stronger. 
That's the love we have for him and he has for us. The love is almost like a living being itself. 
My concert is Wed. and I am looking forward to it more than anything I can image.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2010, 01:10:09 PM by Marilyn »

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2010, 03:09:22 AM »
CT loves Clay

lls in CT
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2004, 08:00:26 AM »   

I too am feeling every bit of the love that you showed and are talking about.  To hear that he had tears makes my heart swell and my love for him even more immense.  Lorraine and I are from CT and are joining a Maine Claymate tonight to attend the Worcester MA concert.  So far, the snow isn't that bad.  But, not matter what it takes, we will be there with bells on.  The anticipation is almost too much to stand.  I am just wondering how he will be feeling mainly.  He doesn't have to sing, I will just look at him and get mezmorized.  We also know all the songs, so we will happily sing along with him if he has any trouble with the high notes; most likely,everyone will just probably be singing along anyway.  My biggest worry is that we are sitting on the first section (above the floor) and that I might fall over when I pass out from seeing this gorgeous human being.  I am not kidding.  Lorraine, hold me up!!!!!!!!!!!!!  We will report about the MA concert tomorrow since we are staying over in MA.  CAN'T WAIT, CAN'T WAIT, CAN'T WAIT.  I am feeling like I am going on a first date kind of nervous and I AM MARRIED.  HA HA  Lord give Clay strength and we will PROVIDE him all the love.
Thanks again, Linda in CT
« Last Edit: March 22, 2010, 01:10:29 PM by Marilyn »

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2010, 03:10:14 AM »
patti

Wilkes Barre Concert
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2004, 08:22:03 AM »   
I was at this concert last night- and Crjmax you captured in words exactly what I felt;  I wasn't close enough to the stage to see his back up singers crying, but they did have his face on the jumbo screen & everyone around me was commenting that he was actually tearing up when all of us were singing MOAM.

I posted my thoughts on another thread- but you put into words what I couldn't last night-  well done & thank you for sharing your thoughts.

I've said it before & I'll say it again-----Clay Aiken is an old soul in a young body- maybe that's why his hmm mature fans ( me I'm 51) are totally enraptured & mesmorized by his presence.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2010, 01:10:44 PM by Marilyn »

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2010, 03:11:00 AM »
shaikeninseattle

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2004, 09:29:32 AM »   

I'm so worried about Clay, as everyone else is. He's such a sweetheart and so soft hearted. He reminds me of my own son. 

You truly expressed a magical moment and thank you again for sharing it!
« Last Edit: March 22, 2010, 01:10:59 PM by Marilyn »

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2010, 03:11:22 AM »
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2004, 10:23:25 AM »   
« Last Edit: March 22, 2010, 01:11:24 PM by Marilyn »

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2010, 03:11:53 AM »
LuvMyClay

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2004, 11:56:58 AM »   
« Last Edit: March 22, 2010, 01:11:44 PM by Marilyn »

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2010, 03:12:31 AM »
quynn

« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2004, 01:06:03 PM »   
Thanks cjrmax!  I was there with you, beside you and Gwenn last night and had the best time of my life, and you've captured it so wonderfully in words.  You made me cry all over again.  I could never have explained the feeling like you just did.  It was just awsome.

This concert was so much different that the D.C. concert as well.  And I think you hit the nail on the head with your impression of the love in the crowd for him.  You could sense it, even before he came out to sing.  For lack of a better description, it took ahold of you and squeezed your heart.

The only thing I can add to your wonderful review is that when he sang "The Way" I saw tears falling down the cheeks of so many in the crowd.  It was just so heart warming.  And on a funny note, when Clay was getting ready to sing WDC, someone yelled out "Go get him Angela," and Clay said, "what did you say?".  "Go get him Angela?"  He laughed and thought it was funny.  Then he said he would have to take off his jacket for this. And it's good he did, because it was getting hot in there!

Another amazing thing I noticed was how responsive the crowd was to the backup singers.  That crowd had love and passion for everybody last night.  And you could tell Angela and Kiana appreciated it too.  They are both so beautiful. 

Thanks again cjrmax and GWENN for taking a chance on meeting a fellow Claymaniac you've never even seen before and sharing the most heart warming Clay experience together.  I will never forget it.  I'm still smiling. :)
« Last Edit: March 22, 2010, 01:11:56 PM by Marilyn »

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2010, 03:14:02 AM »
clayfan18

« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2004, 02:03:31 PM »   
Thanks Cjrmax for posting at that hour.  I was home around 1:30 am after driving across PA, NJ and NY.   I had another post under Clay in Concert.    I don’t have other Concerts to compare but last night’s  was  a magical one.   Clay had the best set and lighting.  He looked  great to me with his powerful voice.   Just couldn’t believe last year this time he was just started to compete.    What a gift is Clay to all of us!
« Last Edit: March 22, 2010, 01:12:09 PM by Marilyn »

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2010, 03:14:31 AM »
Pepe
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2004, 04:31:58 PM »   
Cjrmax thanks so much for staying up at 4 in the morning and giving this review for us.  Oh how I wish I could have been there.  I had tears running down my cheeks as I was reading it and had to blow my nose a few times to before I could write this.  What a love experience you all had at the concert.  I wished it was taped so they could make a TV special from it.  How did Clay become such an entertainer so fast.  It has to be his connection to people and his true feelings, you can't learn that it has to be natural.  Thanks to all of you that get to attend the concerts and make us feel we were there with you.  I am sure you know we are sitting home just waiting for you all  to review the latest concert.  Thanks so much to all you reviewers.   :P
« Last Edit: March 22, 2010, 01:12:24 PM by Marilyn »

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2010, 03:14:49 AM »
cassms

Wilkes-Barre
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2004, 05:59:00 PM »   
Cjrmax, thank you for that wonderful description of a magical night!  Clay has said before that he not only gives in his singing but gets from the audience, and you all surely gave him a heartfelt gift that night that I'm sure he will always remember too when you sang MOAM.  What a gift it was to him to know that he had so many true fans out there who just spontaneously were singing this special song of love for him--this song that he has said means so much to him!  What an experience that must have been to connect with him that way--a real treasure.  The crowd must have really lifted him up, because that WDC was the most evocative and fun yet!  Wow--what a night.  thanks so much for letting us be there with you.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2010, 01:12:37 PM by Marilyn »

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2010, 03:15:08 AM »
cgdolphins

Wilkes-Barre concert
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2004, 08:26:10 PM »   
Cjrmax, this is my first posting on here, so I am a little nervous. I do have to agree with you on your review of the concert!!! I was there also, but all the way in the back on the first level. If it weren't for the big screens, he would have looked like a stick figure, but luckly they had the screens and you could see every emotion on his face. I also want to mention that he made note of all the fans in the back and that he wanted to make them feel special and close as well. I have to say he really did it too!!! I felt like I was right up front with him!!! Clay is such an Awesome person, and I wish I could attend more concerts for him, but I will always have this memory and it couldn't be any better!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: March 22, 2010, 01:12:50 PM by Marilyn »

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2010, 03:15:32 AM »
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster

« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2004, 11:29:22 PM »   

Be sure and don your fire repellent suit before viewing!
« Last Edit: March 22, 2010, 01:13:07 PM by Marilyn »

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2010, 03:15:57 AM »
Elka

Clay in Wilkes Barre, PA 3/7
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2004, 12:12:21 AM »   
Hello Ladies,  I've been a member for just over a month and often log on and read, but have never posted before till I read Cjrmax review of the Wilkes Barre concert.  Let me begin by saying that I too had the privilege and opportunity to personaly experience what I consider the most breathtaking, tearjerking, fulfilling concert ever.  I had pretty good seats and not needed to use the screen that much to see the OMC, but just the way Cjrmax described it it was totally magical.  At first, I thought the highlight of my night was when everyone expected Clay to enter from the back, opposite of my side of the arena.  All gathered up together, they were yelling  "we want Clay" and to my surprise when the lights came down and that beautiful voice echoed throught out the place there he was, on my side (WOW) I was only five rows up from the floor and had the side seat so I quickly jumped up and ran down the to the floor and was an arms reach from him as he passes by me.  But to my surprise that did not even compare to what the show was about to bring.  I had not seen Clay express this much emotion in public since his interview with Diane Sawyer.  I too witnessed Clay tear up and I quickly looked up at the screen and there was a close up of him and his beautiful mouth was trembeling.  At that moment I thought someone had stabbled me in the heart.  I always knew the right reason why I love and suport this terrific man, but to witness him express his love and gratitude for his audience (live) was the most priceless moment of my entire life.  You can not begin to describe it, you just had to be there. You can not express it, you had to feel it.  If anyone was at this particular concert and left the building not feeling fulfilled, choked up, and loved in return by our One and Only, you should not have been there. The crowd singing MOAM was very, very good and in toon too.  Ladies, if you can, check out the download for WDC at the Wilkes Barre Concert (when it gets posted), I assure you you will not regreat it.  It was more than I expected and MORE then I've seen on the downloads of previous concerts.  I still have no voice left after that number :D  Just one more thing, after the concert, me and my group along with about 30 others stood outside in the freezing rain for over an hour.  Our frozen fingers grasping the metal fence that seperated us from the bus Clay was about to board (hoping for a final peek).  When he finally came out, we all just went crazy screaming "Clay we love you" he stopped walking, turned and looked at us, he took his hood down and waved goodbye as he boarded the bus :( .  At that moment I wanted to get in the car and follow that bus.  but than, I quickly came back to reality and realized I needed to dry off and head home to my wonderful husband and beautiful son. (What a WONDERFUL night !!!!!  : )
Cjrmax, I too drove home in that snow storm not to mention how many times I got lost on the way.  THANK YOU for posting you experience of this wonderful concert when I read it, I just had to share mine too.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2010, 01:13:21 PM by Marilyn »

ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  Indepedent Tour 2004  |  Clay in Wilkes-Barre, PA - 3/7

gfxgfx
gfx