gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

gfx gfx
gfx
229519 Posts in 2574 Topics by 108 Members - Latest Member: CTLovesClay March 28, 2024, 02:28:46 PM
gfx* Home Help Login Register gfx
gfx
ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  Media & Appearance Archive  |  Writer's Corner - Fan Essays  |  6/8/04 Lynn Venhaus: Cool Mom No More
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: 6/8/04 Lynn Venhaus: Cool Mom No More  (Read 14623 times)

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
Re: 6/8/04 Lynn Venhaus: Cool Mom No More
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2010, 10:58:41 PM »
claysenior
  LYNN VENHAUS: COOL MOM NO MORE
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2004, 05:08:52 PM »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well, Lynn, I think you have a lot of company.  Your article was great & I related to it in some ways.  I am in my early 60's, a professional, always loved music whether classical or Prince, but never, never, have been the classic fan even when Elvis first came out.  I loved him and the Beatles.  But not until Clay have I been obsessed, totally devoted, as you, on the net looking for anything about Clay.  Dragging my husband to his concert where we spent waaaaay to much for our seats; but hubby is very tolerant and supportive.  My son who is 32 gets a kick out of me and gives me time to talk about Clay when we're on the phone (he lives aways from us).  He even helps with the jokes such as, 'Mom, you're Clayzie."  It is way too much fun to be obsessed with Clay, his music, his presence, whatever.  He makes me very happy even on bad day, he "lifts me up," literally.  Aren't we all just the luckiest of people!   :D    May we have him in our lives for very, very long time. :
ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2010, 10:59:31 PM »
HavinaClayAffair
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2004, 02:17:29 PM »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
OK...I guess this might fit here. We just went to Florida for a week on vacation, got back yesterday. My 14 year old son knew my discman had broke and I did not get time to go buy a new one. He had packed his with MOAM cd in it and ready to go for the plane ride and by the pool. He thinks I am totally out there..although when we landed in Charlotte NC for our connecting flight, both my husband and my son were on the "look out" for a Clay sighting...you never know. I told them to look for a tall skinny guy in a funny hat...that COULD be CLAY!! Didn't happen.

When we got to Florida, we did not have Universal Studio tickets..but because Clay was at the Dover race, and Universal has a NASCAR Cafe...we got tickets!! I called my mom on the cell for updates on the timing and we got seated with our order taken, just before Clay came on on!!!! My husband and son absolutley knew that if I missed it, I was not going to be very happy the rest of the day!!!! The place was not silent completely, but the noise level MOST DEFINATELY did drop when he sang...out of respect for the National Anthem?? Maybe..but most eyes were on the HUGE 4 SCREENS WITH CLAY!!!! Better than being at home!! I was thrilled and both husband and son admitted he did a great job! When Daryl Waltrip commented on the performance, I felt like I was a puffer fish!!! Proud with chest out!! (Good thing I am small on top!! I could have hurt someone!)

We later were watching TV in the hotel room and was channel surfing when my husband stopped on a comedian for the show where they look for comedians..not normally watched by us..and the guy spoke of Clay in in his monlogue!! Very cool!!

I am still the somewhat cool mom...still listen to Monster Booty cd with the kids etc..but they ALL know that Clay Aiken Rules the CD PLAYER in MY HOUSE!!!! The one boy even hummed Invisible for me when I was not near a cd player!! Killed him but I thought it was hysterical!!!!

I can live with not being the "Cool Mom". What I don't want to live with is not being a Clay Aiken fan!!

Lora-Ohio
Glad to be back!!!!!!!!!!!! Missed ClayManiacs a LOT!!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2010, 11:01:07 PM »
Addie
  letter about Clay
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2004, 07:12:09 PM »   

I am an over the hill claymaniac and play his songs everyday. I loved your letter and was grateful that I live alone so I don't get harassed. Clay has the most gifted, mesmerizing voice I ever heard. I'm determined to keep him at the top.  :D  :D

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2010, 11:01:38 PM »
Anonymous
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2004, 10:04:09 PM »   

I loved the article, especially because I can relate to everything you said!  I love Clay Aiken...his wonderful voice, his morals, his beliefs, his giving, caring way.  He is like a breath of fresh air.  This is my first response to an article, but I wanted to add that my 31 year old son asked me the other day, if I loved Clay Aiken more than him....  Thanks so much for this article, and especially this forum.  By the way, my daughters and I went to AI-2 concert, Clay and Kelly concert and will go to two in OH this summer!  Take care and God Bless.

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2010, 11:02:18 PM »
mindy w
« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2004, 07:26:49 AM »   

THIS IS MY FRIST TIME WRITING.I REALLY ENJOY THIS SITE.MY HUSBAND HAS CANCER. I SPEND MANY HOURS AT THE HOSPITAL.
IF IT WASN'T FOR MY CLAY CD'S I THINK I WOULD HAVE GONE NUTS.
BUT CLAY HAS GIVEN ME SOME ENJOYMENT OUT OF LIFE.
MY KIDS THINK I'M NUTS BUT THE FUNNY THING IS I SEEM TO HAVE TO SEARCH FOR MY CD'S IN THIER ROOMS.HEE HEE. SO THEY CAN THINK I'M NUTS I DON'T CARE .
THANKYOU FOR ALLOWING ME TO BE PART OF CLAY'S FAMILY.
THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU
MINDY

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2010, 11:03:18 PM »
V Wells
  Cool Mom No More
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2004, 09:58:09 AM »   

I had to print your story because a lot of it is how I feel.  I have Clay wallpaper on my computer at home and at work, two of my sisters went to the Clay/Kelley concert with me, not because they were that great of Clay Fan, but because I was their sister.  I am going to one of his concert next month (alone), and again in August with one sister.  Everyone looks at me like I am crazy.    ::) My son (who just returned from a year in Iraq) thought all the Clay memorabilia around the house belonged to my grand-daughter.

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2010, 11:04:06 PM »
mrs. c.
« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2004, 02:26:15 PM »   

Welcme Mindy, I'll keep you in my thoughts, and wish your husband to be better

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2010, 11:04:27 PM »
GrannyPhyl
  61 year-old fan
« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2004, 06:27:38 PM »   

I had to laugh after reading the latest postings.  Here I am, a Grandmother at age 61, and totally infatuated with Clay Aiken.  I, too, sneak when I'm reviewing all the latest posts.  My Dad, who's 85, lives with us and he thinks I've gone over the edge!  But I've followed Clay since the first day he was on AI and it's the first time in years and years that I've been interested in a singer...and he can really sing!  As a birthday gift, my friends at work bought me tickets to his concert in Albany, NY...floor tickets!  I've never been to one of his concerts and am so looking forward to it.  My daughter gave me an "I love Clay" t-shirt but I'll see if I have the nerve to wear it!  What a great example Clay is to the young people of today.  But the funny thing is, here I am at my age sneaking around, checking the internet every day to see what's new!!!  Ya gotta love it!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2010, 11:05:06 PM »
Anonymous
  I love clay
« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2004, 12:44:07 PM »   

Im only 14 and I fantasize about clay all the time I have posters and pictures of him covering my entier celling... I love him so much I read everything on this site every day and stumbled acroos Lynn's article, It's funny because obviously I dont have kids but my parents and sibblings and even friends give me a bad time about clay. My friend's wont leave me alone about him everytime they call me they can always here his music playing in the back ground. He has an amazing voice and He's pretty hott and he is such an awesome person, he does what ever he can to help people. I contribute to the bubble aiken foundation and feel good about it. Thanks lynn writting a great story..... The people who are giving us a bad time are just jealous about clay being so awesome and they dont want to admit it. :lol:

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2010, 11:05:40 PM »
debs
  clay fan
« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2004, 03:12:04 PM »   

Just had to reply to your wonderful letter.  I am also 50 and also so in love with his voice.  I read a great article the other day and it said.  (I came because of his beautiful voice, but I stay because  of the man.  So caring, loving and Gladys Night said it best,"There is something magical about his look."   She sure was right.  I have not bought any cds for years, and now as soon as he puts out a cd I have to get at least 2 copies.  WOW, am I going crazy or what.  Oh, yes I am going to Wis to see him and I can't wait.  I live in Georgia. 
All I know is we are not along and a lot of fans feel the same way.
What is great is last week on lycos search  Clay Aiken was #1 and the rest of the idols, well sorry they feel off the charts.  Clay has been on the charts for 56 weeks now.  He is the most search guy on the internet hands down this year so far.   Are we surprised.  NO   I never forget the first time I saw him on tv and he said he was the american idol.  Well, he sure is.

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2010, 11:06:21 PM »
Anonymous
« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2004, 12:36:57 AM »   

:D I can't tell you how nice it is to now that I am not the only 45 year old mom in love with Clay...What is it?...dang!...I feel like I am a teenager with a big crush on Donny Osmond again!...I can't seem to get enough of him...You know he is a Breath of Fresh Air & it's about time...So let's here it for the Mom's :D & God Bless you Aiken Fans!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #26 on: April 28, 2010, 11:06:52 PM »
forever_clay
« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2004, 12:30:41 AM »   

I must be some sort of crazy teen girl in love with clay aiken or something...oh wait, I AM!!! i would pay my mother 100 bucks to lik Clay. I almost wasnt able to go to Independant Tour because my sister almost couldnt go with me and my mom wouldnt even sit through a few hours of music so i could go. she has thankfully been semi-supporive of my montage business...though reluctant, she watches and makes constructive comments...but thats where the buck stops...she's as enthusiastic about a rock when it comes to clay and my love for him and his music! to all you Clay -loving moms - YOU ROCK!!!

ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  Media & Appearance Archive  |  Writer's Corner - Fan Essays  |  6/8/04 Lynn Venhaus: Cool Mom No More

gfxgfx
gfx