gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

gfx gfx
gfx
229523 Posts in 2574 Topics by 108 Members - Latest Member: CTLovesClay March 28, 2024, 06:40:52 PM
gfx* Home Help Login Register gfx
gfx
ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  Media & Appearance Archive  |  Writer's Corner - Fan Essays  |  5/12/04 Amy Lee: Clay Has Left the Building....Clayton Has Arrived!
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: 5/12/04 Amy Lee: Clay Has Left the Building....Clayton Has Arrived!  (Read 15586 times)

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
Re: 5/12/04 Amy Lee: Clay Has Left the Building....Clayton Has Arrived!
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2010, 01:07:45 AM »
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Re: CLAY HAS LEFT THE BUILDING....CLAYTON HAS ARRIVED!
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2004, 02:33:26 AM »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A slight movement of one hand, a tentative touch of the microphone stand with the other. A new insistence in the voice, even a bit of a challenge in the eyes. This man wanted to tell us something important, and if we had been lulled into a false inertia by the sense of inevitabilty in the first lonely verse, we began to sense that there was more...more to hear from him. "A little hope..." In previous performances he had sung these words in a soft, sweet plaintive voice that continued through "goes up in smoke", making us feel that he, too, had become resigned to having...nothing.

Ahhhhh...how lovely my sweet; true words were never said quite as lovely as you said them here.  You wrote an exquisite description of my exact feelings.  Thanks for speaking my mind so well!

We all become spoiled sometimes by the perfection that is most always evident when Clay sings.  However, it's sometimes a raggedness and an occasional plaintiveness that is necessary to draw out our own pain or regret, our own longing or desire.  I admire the fact the Clay seems to have an innate sense of how to tailor every single performance to the occasion - the time, the place the situation and the audience. 

So...how about a review of the AI performance?  Come one, I dare you... 8)

ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2010, 01:08:25 AM »
playingclay
CLAY HAS LEFT THE BUILDING....CLAYTON HAS ARRIVED!
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2004, 03:18:25 AM »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yeah, I guess that is it.  Clayton has arrived. :D

I loved him with the glasses in the Christmas specials.....it seemed Christmasy. (That long coat and glasses on the Disney special..wow professor.)  He is doing his Christmas Album maybe he is feeling Christmasy.

And next month........... :?:  :

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2010, 01:08:56 AM »
playingclay
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2004, 03:20:07 AM »   

By the way, Outthere, very eloquently put.  *

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2010, 01:09:32 AM »
Her
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2004, 05:02:34 AM »   

Clay Aiken was in complete command again. And we absolutely, undeniably, without a single sign of struggle, surrendered to the the commander. We realized that once again Clay had used his mastery at interpreting lyrics and melody to lead us to the exact place and along the very path he had designed all along.

I HAVE SURRENDERED TO THE COMMANDER!!!  I'm on that path and in that  place...oooolaweee!!!

Thanks Amy.  Clara I join you with that ovation!!!clap,clap, clap, "Bravo, Amy"

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2010, 01:09:58 AM »
liney23
  WOW!!!
« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2004, 12:02:14 PM »   

Amy, that was spectacular!!!  You write and I am totally there, seeing what you see, feeling what you feel.  What a gift you have.  Thank you for sharing it with us!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2010, 01:10:23 AM »
4EverClayton
« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2004, 02:44:46 PM »   

Amy -
Thank you for a beautiful, eloquent and ever so true review.
You said everything I thought and felt.

Leslie

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2010, 01:10:39 AM »
ClayBuf
« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2004, 04:04:52 PM »   

Wow, Amy - I just love it when someone can put into exact words what it is I am feeling. You nailed it!! :)

I've been away for almost a month :( - and your Leno review was the first thing I read after I logged in - no greater way to begin jumping back into Clay Land than to get those feelings up and gushing. (of course seeing him on TV twice in two days has helped, too.....)

Thanks for sharing with all of us!
~Buffi

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2010, 01:11:14 AM »
Jan
« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2004, 05:26:24 PM »   

WHAT ELSE CAN I SAY, AMY????

SOMEONE SAID YOU 'NAILED IT". AND YOU CERTAINLY DID!!! :)

LUV YA
JAN

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2010, 01:11:31 AM »
claynut
« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2004, 11:45:25 AM »   

I too watched Clay on Jay Leno and thought he was witty, funny, and very at ease on TV.  The only thing I didn't care for was that jacket, a solid black would have looked so much nicer and his hairdo.  For some reason it just wasn't as becoming as it usually is.  But I just found out he's coming to Milw. in Aug. and I'll be able to see for myself!!!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2010, 01:11:58 AM »
liney23
  Claymeleon
« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2004, 12:46:57 PM »   

One thing you have to have figured out about Clay by now, is that he is never the same two times running.  This last week he combined having to wear his glasses with a hair style that let his ears show more than most of the time.  This gave him a heavy lilt to the geek side of him. 

My own personal opinion is that the concert tour showed Clay how much he is loved, even with a Dr. Suess jacket and hat hair, and he is figuring that it's ok for him to look however he wants to look.  He loves variety, obviously.  He is as never still in his styles as he is in his movements.  He goes from relaxed, to funky, to Cary Grant (I refuse to ever use the term GQ again) and you never know who's going to come out.  That's part of the fun of him and, I think, part of what makes it fun for him.

We all have our preference, but love him even when he goes outside those preferences.  The way he changes constantly fascinates me and, I think, endears him to teenages, who totally understand the need to change your appearance every other day or hour.  Love that man, no matter who he decides to be next.  I love the funky style, I love the Cary Grant style, I just plain love him!

He and Leno really play well off each other and I think Leno has as much fun as we do and, besides the ratings spike when he is on, that's why he has had Clay on 3 times in the last few months. 

Another thing I think Clay learned on the concert tour is to put more emotion into his songs.  The escalation of emotion in I Survived You as the tour progressed is so differnt from how he sang it for the CD.  He brought that learning to bear on his performance of Solitaire on Leno.  He was IN that song all the way and it showed.  It connected with the audience because he was connected to it.  WOW!

I got a kick out of the ending, when that magician briefly shook Jay's hand and then very quickly moved over and said something to Clay.  It was like, "ya, ya, Leno, get out of my way, I want to get to Clay."  Pamela looked like she thought the standing O was for her.  Guess again gal.  This is another favorite clip.

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2010, 01:13:31 AM »
lovinclay
« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2004, 04:05:40 PM »   

OK....I'M A LATE BLOOMER.  I JUST READ YOU LENO REVIEW.  MY GOD, AMY, YOU MUST DO SOMETHING PROFESSIONALLY WITH YOUR WRITING!  YOU CAPTURED IN WORDS WHAT WE ALL FELT.  THE WAY CLAY CONSTANTLY CHANGES AMAZES ME.  I'VE SAID IT BEFORE AND I'LL SAY IT AGAIN, CLAY LIKES TO KEEP US GUESSING.  AND I LOVE IT!  NEVER KNOWING WHAT TO EXPECT FROM HIM MAKES EACH PERFORMANCE FRESH.....BORING IS NOT A WORD THAT WILL EVER DESCRIBE CLAY.  I CONSTANTLY SAY TO MYSELF "WHAT WILL CLAY GIVE US THIS TIME"?  AND I AM NEVER DISAPPOINTED

ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  Media & Appearance Archive  |  Writer's Corner - Fan Essays  |  5/12/04 Amy Lee: Clay Has Left the Building....Clayton Has Arrived!

gfxgfx
gfx