gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

gfx gfx
gfx
229881 Posts in 2575 Topics by 108 Members - Latest Member: CTLovesClay April 20, 2024, 04:50:24 AM
gfx* Home Help Login Register gfx
gfx
ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  Media & Appearance Archive  |  10/12/03 CLAY AIKEN MAKES A BIG SCENE FOR 'INVISIBLE' VIDEO
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: 10/12/03 CLAY AIKEN MAKES A BIG SCENE FOR 'INVISIBLE' VIDEO  (Read 2373 times)

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
CLAY AIKEN MAKES A BIG SCENE FOR 'INVISIBLE' VIDEO
« on: October 12, 2003, 06:09:41 PM »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Clay Aiken Makes A Big Scene For 'Invisible' Video Singer rounds up 800 Claymates for Hollywood shoot 
by Corey Moss

BEVERLY HILLS — Clay Aiken feels especially close to "This Is the Night," and not just because the song sold nearly 400,000 copies in a week.

And not just because it trounced Ruben Studdard or pretty much everyone else, for that matter, becoming the second-best selling single of all time.

"It's what got me where I am in a way," Aiken said of the power ballad he premiered in the final weeks of "American Idol." "It's the song that tells the story of where I came from and the process that I went through in order to get here."

That said, the 24-year-old former Raleigh, North Carolina, student could not feel any more different about his next single, the up-tempo "Invisible."

"It's not one of those songs where the words necessarily stand out," Aiken said. "I think there are two types of songs. There's the ones that are fun to sing, fun to catch on to, fun to dance to. Then there are the ones that make you emote.  A lot of the songs on the album are very emotive, but 'Invisible' is just a fun one, so why not put it out first and have fun with it."

The song, which features the chorus, "If I was invisible/ I would make you mine tonight," was co-written and produced by Desmond Child, who's worked with everyone from Bon Jovi, Cher and Alice Cooper to the Baha Men, Ricky Martin and original "American Idol" Kelly Clarkson.

"We got the demo for it and we played it inside, outside, upside down. I mean, we played it everywhere," Aiken recalled midway through a marathon of interviews in the swanky lobby of his record label. "It's just a really catchy song. We decided to do it on the tour, and it had a lot of success on the tour, so it was without a doubt the one we wanted to make the first single."

Aiken shot the "Invisible" video over the weekend with director Diane Martel, best known for Christina Aguilera's early videos. While the song's title might provoke a high concept, the singer went more straightforward, inviting 800 fans — his Claymates — to a performance at Hollywood & Highland, a major outdoor shopping center and tourist attraction in Hollywood.

"When we did the video for 'This Is the Night' it was very small. The treatment was me alone and no one else," Aiken said of his clip, which was inspired by a photo shoot (see "Clay Aiken's 'Night' Video Says 'This Is The Soul' "). "This is a big crowd, so I'm pumped about doing it. The energy will be really good."

As with the other "American Idol" contestants who have broken into the music business — Clarkson, Studdard and Justin Guarini — Aiken's album will be released just as the new single is hitting radio stations and before the video debuts.

Due Tuesday, Aiken's once self-titled release will now be called Measure of a Man, after one of his favorite songs on the album.

"It's a song that almost didn't make it to the album, because the sound of that song doesn't completely match all the other tracks," Aiken said of the song, which is meant to be sung to a woman. "But the message of the song, it's really powerful. It's about what is important when someone loves you. I mean, do they have to give you all the things? Do you have to be materialistic? Do you need gifts from them? When all of the gifts are gone and when the person's not the best-looking person in the world, them saying they love you, isn't that enough? And that's how you should measure a man."

Aiken will promote Measure of a Man with several high-profile performances, including the American Music Awards, the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, the Billboard Music Awards and a fall "American Idol" special.

This report is provided by MTV News.

VH1
ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
Re: 10/12/03 CLAY AIKEN MAKES A BIG SCENE FOR 'INVISIBLE' VIDEO
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2010, 11:29:55 PM »
cassms
  Were any Claymaniacs at Invisible Video Shoot?
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2003, 05:39:57 PM »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi fellow Claymaniacs--were any of you one of the lucky 200 to get to go to be there for the video shoot?  What an incredible experience that would be!! If you were, PLEASE tell us about it!!  Getting ready for the CD Release party tonight here in Atlanta--hooray for Clay!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2010, 11:30:11 PM »
AdoringClay
  Invisible Video
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2003, 03:35:36 AM »   

:roll: When will we get to see this Invisible Video.  Any news yet???

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2010, 11:30:32 PM »
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2003, 11:29:21 AM »   

Sue I believe I read somewhere (I can't keep up!) that Clay's video for Invisible would be premiered on November 1st!!!

I'll let you know if I can find that 'source.'

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2010, 11:30:55 PM »
AdoringClay
  Why did they hire mostly extras...
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2003, 12:55:59 PM »   

:? Why on earth did they hire 600 extras and only let 200 Clay fans come down to the shoot?  The mere mention of the filming would have resulted in thousands of "real" Clay fans showing up in an instant.  I don't like the thought of "fake" actor fans in the video (although I know they are just actors in most all of the music videos).

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2010, 11:31:25 PM »
cassms
  Invisible "Extras"
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2003, 02:59:29 PM »   

Suegrab, if your supposition that only 200 "real" fans were used in the video (along with 600 other "fake" fans) came from my asking about the 200 that got to go, we crossed wires.  I said 200 because on the Claymaniacs site on Friday, Oct 10, there was a brief listing saying that 200 from the site would be chosen to participate if they called a certain phone number and could go right away.  My assumption was that 200 were from the Claymaniacs site and the others would come from other "major Clay fan" sites, but does anybody out there know the real scoop?  I just want to hear about the experience from someone who was there!

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2010, 11:31:56 PM »
Pamela
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2003, 12:07:30 AM »   

Probably a security issue.  The 200 real fans were taken from phone calls to an 800 number.  They were probably Clay fans from all boards, or no boards!  Believe it or not, there are fans that aren't even on the Internet!  Can you imagine?  HA!HA!

The hired fans were paid to be there so they probably didn't need any (or much) security.  I'd hate to think how crazy it have gotten if there were 800-1000 actual fans out there watching Clay make a video.

Although it probably would have been better....

ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  Media & Appearance Archive  |  10/12/03 CLAY AIKEN MAKES A BIG SCENE FOR 'INVISIBLE' VIDEO

gfxgfx
gfx