gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

gfx gfx
gfx
229527 Posts in 2574 Topics by 108 Members - Latest Member: CTLovesClay March 28, 2024, 08:29:41 PM
gfx* Home Help Login Register gfx
gfx
ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  Aiken News Network (ANN)  |  AIKEN NEWS NETWORK April 27, 2010
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: AIKEN NEWS NETWORK April 27, 2010  (Read 1603 times)

clayharmony

• ANN News Team
  • Enthusiastic
  • When You Wish Upon a Star...
AIKEN NEWS NETWORK April 27, 2010
« on: April 27, 2010, 01:23:31 AM »

American Idol Controversy Recycles Reality Stars

Published April 26, 2010 by:
Emily Griffin

Why I Am Not a Fan of Idol.

American Idol has become ingrained in the American society over the last 9 seasons. Eight people have won, countless have lost. Many people have been made stars and continue to stay in the spotlight, while some have
 lingered off and never heard from again. Kelly Clarkson, Ruben Studdard, Fantasia Barrino, Carrie Underwood, Taylor Hicks, Jordin Sparks, David Cook, and Kris Allen have all won through the last 8 seasons. Some are still very prominent and still making albums while other's have fallen off the radar.

I personally have never been a huge fan of Idol. The only time I ever had any interest was season 2 with Ruben Studdard as the winner and Clay Aiken as the runner up. To be honest, it's still my favorite season. Then again I was 13, and I was obsessed with Aiken. ...
Clay's jois de vivre gladdens my heart;
his spiritual consciousness and musical gifts bring  harmony to my soul.

What is beautiful is a joy for all seasons...

Life is a Song ~ Love is the Music

clayharmony

• ANN News Team
  • Enthusiastic
Re: AIKEN NEWS NETWORK April 27, 2010
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2010, 01:29:51 AM »

Real music, new sound

Real music, new sound
Open your ears to this summer’s sounds of music

Pillbox | Kristine McPherson

It has been a great year in music so far. Many of the award shows gave us something to talk about and something to look forward to for next year, a few artists released comeback albums, and several people did some wild and crazy antics that may have either boosted their popularity or sent them to the bottom of the charts. In either case, the year is far from over, and the changes in music and weather have many anticipating the music scene for the summer months. Summer music is what you hear most — what people play in the car with the windows down, what is blasting from the boom box or headphones as they lay out on the beach, or what is playing from their iHome as they just hang out on the patio.

This summer, we can look forward to more album releases from various artists: American Idol runner-up Clay Aiken, Christina Aguilera, The Cringe, Hanson, Lil Jon, The Roots, Teenage Fanclub, Villagers, Ozzy Osbourne, Eminem, M.I.A., T.I., Stars, American Hi-Fi, Sarah McLachlan, and many others. CDs are released every Tuesday, so check when your favorite artists are releasing albums. Many haven’t had an album in a while, and others are steadily producing. In any case, there will be a plethora of music to listen to this summer.   ...

Many things happen in music every day, but the summer of 2010 is looking promising. Many artists have come out of hiding and are bringing back a sound we haven’t heard in a while or have never heard before. Take a chance and open your ears; get out and listen to the sounds of summer music.

clayharmony

• ANN News Team
  • Enthusiastic
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2010, 01:33:15 AM »

Ask TJ: Idol judges haven’t hurt Siobhan

Ask TJ: Idol judges haven’t hurt Siobhan
by: Tom Jicha April 26th, 2010 | 7:00 AM

Q. My opinion of “American Idol’s” Siobhan Magnus is that when the judges got down on what they called yelling or screaming the music, she got nervous and toned down all the songs she did. They haven’t been as good since. If she would have stuck to her guns like Adam Lambert did, I think she would still be at the top of things.  I loved Lambert and I would pay a lot of money, if I could actually afford to, to see them both together in concert.  And I am straight! J.M.

A. Do you know something others don’t about the voting? What makes you say Siobhan was on top but no longer is?  She still has never been in the bottom three. Of the others, only Crystal Bowersox and Lee DeWyze can say that. For all we know, she is on top, although I doubt it. Granted Crystal Bowersox has been annointed in the media but I’ll let you in on a secret. Media folks don’t vote (at least not in significant numbers). I’ve seen one offshore gambling site that has Siobhan practically a co-favorite with Crystal. These folks put money where their odds are, so I trust their assessment of the pecking order more than people just spouting off. I like Lambert and Clay Aiken and Elton John and Ellen DeGeneres (but not as an “Idol” judge). And I am straight, too. What does that have to do with anything?

clayharmony

• ANN News Team
  • Enthusiastic
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2010, 12:46:47 PM »
For those who can attend...Raleigh's CD release party info...

"ARE YOU GOING TO THE RALEIGH CD RELEASE PARTY"?

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q8/macmom66/ClayOFCpic.jpg

Attention: Update on the Raleigh CD Release Party.

This is a reminder that we will not only be celebrating Clay's new cd, "Tried & True" with a Picnic in the Woods theme but also having a fund-raiser for The National Inclusion Project as well.

We now have more details for you.

The location for our party on Monday, May 31, will be at the New Community Church in the Community Hall at 9621 Six Forks Road in Raleigh.

Cost of the party per person will be $35. Dinner will be provided by the Backyard BBQ Pit of Durham. They will be furnishing our picnic with their amazing BBQ'd Chicken and BBQ'd Brisket along with macaroni and cheese, potato salad, collard greens, and hushpuppies. Sweet and unsweetened tea as well as desserts will be served.

Our celebration will begin at 7:00 and end at 12:30 a.m. We are hoping to have Clay's new CD in hand sometime after 12:00 a.m. This is still pending.

As previously announced, many fun and exciting activities are planned including music, interactive games, line dancing, Raffles, and a Silent Auction.

Come share the fun! Paypal and correspondence should go to:
specialprojects2@nc.rr.com. Deadline for registration is May 23.

ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  Aiken News Network (ANN)  |  AIKEN NEWS NETWORK April 27, 2010

gfxgfx
gfx