gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

gfx gfx
gfx
229521 Posts in 2574 Topics by 108 Members - Latest Member: CTLovesClay March 28, 2024, 05:39:46 PM
gfx* Home Help Login Register gfx
gfx
ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  The Timeless Tour 2010  |  AUGUST 11-HAMMERSTEIN-NY CITY
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: AUGUST 11-HAMMERSTEIN-NY CITY  (Read 28393 times)

Tiffany

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
Re: AUGUST 11-HAMMERSTEIN-NY CITY
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2010, 11:12:48 AM »
Section 3, row D seats 1 and 2 on the floor too. ;D

Tiffany

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2010, 05:21:00 PM »
Marilyn-Would you like to plan a dinner before the concert if anyone has time? I'll be in NY all day til the show so I'm game for anytime and anywhere you want to go.

Tiffany

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2010, 06:35:58 PM »
I don't know how many are going but Irene just told me she's going to try for tickets tomorrow. I know Gwenn is trying too and maybe Philly and Cindy.

Tiffany

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2010, 05:40:03 PM »
Irene just told me her, Philly and Cindy got Section 102 4th row in the 1st balcony I believe. They are all sitting together. That's not bad. She said she'll like to get together too. I'll let her know if there is anything planned.

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2010, 12:01:01 PM »
I want to wait until a little closer to the concert to plan anything, but will keep you all posted.
ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!

Tiffany

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2010, 05:54:46 PM »
Will do. :)

Tiffany

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2010, 03:25:15 PM »
From Clay's interviews today talking about this tour sounds like it will be like another JBT. Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Awesome! I'm so excited!!! Going to be fun. I can't wait til August!!!

Tiffany

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2010, 10:02:49 AM »
Joyce-You coming to the NY concert? I saw on FB. Would love to meet ya. :)

clays#1fan

« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2010, 12:34:58 AM »
Yeppers pretty sure I'm going to this show. NYC and Clay Aiken count me in. :')
~Joyce~

Tiffany

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
« Reply #24 on: August 01, 2010, 12:46:41 AM »
Awesome! Where are we sitting? We got the floor on one of the side I can remember right now. My friend has the tickets. You staying the night anywhere too?

clays#1fan

« Reply #25 on: August 01, 2010, 01:59:42 AM »
I'm not sure yet. We don't have tickets yet...oops...teehee...and we probably won't stay anywhere around the city. We will probably go back to PA since I will be there starting next Monday.
~Joyce~

Tiffany

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
« Reply #26 on: August 01, 2010, 02:05:25 AM »
Ah I see. I'm staying in Newark for 3 days. Going to PA before and after before I come home on the 12th. Hope it works out you can go.

clays#1fan

« Reply #27 on: August 01, 2010, 02:17:11 AM »
Oh I'll be there.  ;D
~Joyce~

Tiffany

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
« Reply #28 on: August 11, 2010, 11:19:25 AM »
Can't wait for the concert tonight!!! We need someone to do the cellcert. Marilyn will be there too tonight. Please help if you can.

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #29 on: August 12, 2010, 10:49:15 AM »
BIG BIG MESS UP WITH THE SEATS AT THE CONCERT LAST NIGHT:

Clay Aiken – What Was LiveNation Thinking?
By musicfan123
Wednesday, August 11th, 2010

This post is coming from a Ramada Inn somewhere in New York State…….I think it is Newburgh. It is almost 2 in the morning so this will be very short!!

The Timeless Concert this evening was amazing. Clay and Ruben and all the musicians did a wonderful job. There was lots of fun ad libs and everyone seemed to have a great time on stage. Clay’s speaking voice is almost gone. (Do you think it would be possible for him to not talk tomorrow before the concert??) His singing voice is still awesome.

As much fun as the concert was, the venue was a horrible experience. The concert was moved to the Grand Ballroom on the seventh floor. AND, because it was a smaller venue,the seating was a complete mess. We had 1st row, first boxseats. We were passed from one person to the next as they didn’t know where we should sit. Finally, someone said we could just go sit in the balcony!! NO!! Finally, after a few choice words to the box office, the best they could come up with was putting us in the section reserved for guests of the band. Not good,but so much better than many people. People who had 1st row, didn’t have seats, the charity meet and greet people have very poor seats…….too many problems than you could believe. Because of the problems, the show started almost a half hour late.

After the program, I was able to talk with Kathy, the manager of the Grand Ballroom. She was kind in allowing me to ask some questions.

1. When was the decision made to change the venue?

Kathy: about 36 hours before the concert.

2. Who made the decision?

Kathy: LiveNation…..the facility had no say in the move.

3. Why did they move it?

Kathy: LiveNation wanted a full house, so they moved it to the smaller venue. It saved LiveNation money.

4. Why were the seats on TicketMaster listed as standing room??

Kathy: Many of the rock concerts are like that and the promoter, (LN) did not realize what kind of a crowd would come to the concert…….so they really didn’t do their homework.

5. I suggested that they would have probably sold more tickets had it did not say standing room. She agreed.

Kathy: I really want you to know that none of this was the idea of the facility. We had nothing to do with the decision to move the concert. They had no time to get the seating done and they are aware that there were a lot of very unhappy people.

I do want to thank Kathy for talking to me after the concert. She was very tired and frustrated, however she was friendly and took the time to answer my questions.

I need to get some sleep so I will say goodnight for now. Tomorrow……on to Verona!! (I have a meet & greet).

LIVENATION!!!! What were you thinking??
ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!

ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  The Timeless Tour 2010  |  AUGUST 11-HAMMERSTEIN-NY CITY

gfxgfx
gfx