gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

gfx gfx
gfx
229517 Posts in 2574 Topics by 108 Members - Latest Member: CTLovesClay March 28, 2024, 11:13:26 AM
gfx* Home Help Login Register gfx
gfx
ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  The Timeless Tour 2010  |  July 24th Florida Theater, Jacksonville, FL
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: July 24th Florida Theater, Jacksonville, FL  (Read 33534 times)

Sundancer

• Claymaniac
  • Goddess of Snark
Re: July 24th Florida Theater, Jacksonville, FL
« Reply #90 on: July 25, 2010, 11:16:28 AM »
I want to be serious and state my feelings on the taking of clack.
Clay has allowed it and even stated that he did not mind... To me, this is a form of viral marketing for Clay. It keeps the interest going...
If Clay feels it's that important, he might want to consider hiring a small crew to record his shows, which he can then have posted to the OFC, his FB page, his Twitter page, and anywhere else he sees fit. This would eliminate the "necessity" of his fans to risk their seats in the pursuit of clack.

It is the fact that they would NOT let her go back or take her personal effects with her. No purse, ID, money, phone, ANYTHING.
The venue could easily state that she could have picked her things up when the security guard told her she had to leave. Allowing a patron to re-enter an auditorium after they've been taken out could lead to all sorts of distraction/disruption of a live show.

They just pushed her out on the street in a strange city with nothing to back her up.
I don't believe they pushed her out on the street, but simply walked her out the door. She could have chosen to sit down on the sidewalk and simmer with indignation, or even stomp through the parking lot until the show ended. She chose to walk off.

Her friends were frantic looking for her. She could not contact them.
But this is "on Scarlett," not the venue. They're not responsible for her safety off their property; she is. They are responsible for her safety when she is on their premises, as long as she abides by their rules.

One of her friends even spoke to Jerome and to Clay's assistant trying to get them to let security tell them what happened to Scarlett.
No wonder the poor guy went out and did the bus line. He was probably trying to smooth things over and make up for the whole situation.

Again, Scarlett is an extremely smart woman and knew what might happen if she was caught taking the video.
She may be smart, but I don't think her walking off alone, in an unfamiliar area, with no form of communication, money, or ID was.

It just could have been handled better. What if the venue was Newark or a really bad area-which has happened in the past.
Then, maybe people shouldn't try to record shows in rough areas when the venue says not to?

"Clack gathering" is not a right. Yes, it's fun (esp. when Clay plays along with you during the show), and people have been allowed to get away with it for years. But the venue said, "Don't do it." Scarlett chose to bring her camera in anyway, and chose to use it. That the security guy's actions may have been excessive and unnecessary is something for his employers to deal with. The fact remains that the first wrong move was Scarlett's--which she then compounded by wandering off alone.

It is my opinion that if the performers do not object to any sort of filming, then the venue should go along with that.
The venue doesn't serve as an extension of the performers' wishes. They set uniform rules to fulfill safety, legal, and copyright requirements. If performers and/or audience members find them objectionable, they don't have to use that particular venue. But, if they go and choose to flout the rules, the venue has the right to remove them to protect itself.
To look at me, you may be wrong. I've been through this--it made me strong.
I believed that I would find an open door or a light to lead me to the other side.

lovinclay

• Claymaniac
  • Clay Aiken...Character and Integrity Personified!
« Reply #91 on: July 25, 2010, 01:15:00 PM »
Pam, I agree with you.  I can't understand why Scarlett just walked off in an unfamiliar area.  Why didn't she just wait outside the venue for her friends?  That doesn't make sense to me.  She made a bad situation worse, IMO.  I'm sure the Jacksonville police have better things to do than to be out looking for a "lost" grown woman who wandered off.  Didn't she realize her friends would be worried sick?  I'm truly amazed that she did such a thing. 

Believe me, I love clack just as much as the next person. But, whether Clay allows it or not, as concerts goers, it's our responsibility to abide by the venues rules.  Frankly, I'm surprised this hasn't happened more often.

Marilyn

• ANN News Team
  • Claymaniac
  • THE EPITOME OF DECORUM
« Reply #92 on: May 01, 2012, 12:00:23 AM »
ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!

ClayManiacs.com  |  Archive  |  The Timeless Tour 2010  |  July 24th Florida Theater, Jacksonville, FL

gfxgfx
gfx